Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Phantasium posted:

he's just the mentor dude what which gives him the big dumb sword

so, yes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

it is possible zack is crazy, i saw that gently caress dance with a cactuar

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Aerith joking around on how Sephiroth almost killed her only for her to die in some mundane way shortly after.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

sephiroth's sword slashes air, just in a way so her materia falls to the floor, and then she slips on it and cracks her head on a pillar and dies, bleeding everywhere

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I wish it was FFVIII getting the cool remake because it would benefit from it a lot more

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat
They find a way to revive her late in part 3 but she's now a zombie who craves human flesh.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Help Im Alive posted:

I wish it was FFVIII getting the cool remake because it would benefit from it a lot more

FF8 but good would suck. FF8's power comes from being a broken mess

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

we finally did it, but sorry you asked us to revive aeris not aerith, have a confused ps1 model follow you around instead, with occasional silent blue textboxes of them asking "where is this and who am i"

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Do you think they’re gonna keep the “This guy are sick” kid in the remake?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Sephiroth comes down and hands Aerith her invitation into Smash Bros.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Electric Phantasm posted:

Sephiroth comes down and hands Aerith her invitation into Smash Bros.

Cloud looks on in horror as Wario moves in

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I liked that kid in FF7 who said he wanted to be a triple triad when he grew up.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1225774120446693376?s=20

Rip Jason

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

lmao this loving weenie it sucks he does good reports

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1225779205667000321?s=21

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

I just beat it and yeah it lacks too much of whats good about smt/persona

the weapon and performa stuff was annoying because it was completely linear and i have no idea why its in the game instead of just a normal levelling system except "smt i guess"

u literally just port out to build the next thing in the list its such pointless busywork

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i think both jason and nibellion are having "a laugh" and having fun w each other

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Stux posted:

i think both jason and nibellion are having "a laugh" and having fun w each other

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1225783345394651138

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

he shows up a couple more times but i think at least one of them is optional. i think scholar added even more spots but i never played scholar because i didn't like dark souls 2.

scholar added a second recurring powerful enemy who pops out of nowhere to surprise you. i can't remember the name but it wields a scythe and acts more like an invader

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Hey yeah let me rank the ff7 party members

Cid
Red XIII
Aeris
Barett
Cloud
Vincent
Tifa
Yuffie
Cait Sith

That's all of them?

cid is the worst party member in ff7 by a country mile, this list is not canon

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Q1 2020 continues to rule because Iceborne is out on PC

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Cowcaster posted:

lmao this loving weenie it sucks he does good reports

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1225779205667000321?s=21

from the few times i've scene his professional mask slip, i think he's not just joking. he's a bit of a snob about his work.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Stux posted:

It's probably this because Jason is thin skinned as gently caress and just blocks everyone he disagrees with.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

I said come in! posted:

It's probably this because Jason is thin skinned as gently caress and just blocks everyone he disagrees with.

Not a bad position on twitter

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Looper posted:

cid is the worst party member in ff7 by a country mile, this list is not canon

Maybe it's from worst to best?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Not a bad position on twitter

Not wrong, it's just that he takes it to the extreme. As a self proclaimed top tier journalist, I would think Jason would have a stronger stomach for social media.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I said come in! posted:

Blocking wrong headed randoms is half the fun of Twitter.

(Seriously though I don't blame anyone who's even slightly in the public eye for being block-happy. I can only imagine the constant steam of poo poo people have to wade through).

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

he has been in the crosshairs of the gg sphere more than a few times

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

twitter's bad for your soul, but the ignore button is bad for your brain

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

I said come in! posted:

i have literally thousands of accounts blocked on twitter how else could you ever use that site

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the only thing i block on twitter are brands/advertisements. blocking is a sign of weakness imo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Once you cross a certain threshold of followers Twitter literally becomes a different site and if you don't block people it becomes completely unusable

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
the real secret about twitter is that muting is better in almost every way because it doesn't give people the satisfaction of knowing

it's like your very own tachy goes to coventry

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Stux posted:

i have literally thousands of accounts blocked on twitter how else could you ever use that site

By deleting my account. That was the best decision I ever made with regards to being online. I've been off Twitter for over a year now.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I have not played FF7.

Is there no revive mechanic in the game? If you die, you are dead? Or is Aerith just special killed so she can't be revived?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

the real secret about twitter is that muting is better in almost every way because it doesn't give people the satisfaction of knowing

it's like your very own tachy goes to coventry

cor blimey

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Would anyone like a Steam key for Okami? I already have it and I'm not interested in the other two Humble Choice games this month.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

I have not played FF7.

Is there no revive mechanic in the game? If you die, you are dead? Or is Aerith just special killed so she can't be revived?
you just independently discovered a 20 year old gamefaqs joke congrats

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

the only thing i block on twitter are brands/advertisements. blocking is a sign of weakness imo

i dont have a giant follower count but big enough to where just random nazi weirdos like to be very annoying in my mentions constantly so im gonna be weak and block

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Stux posted:

i dont have a giant follower count but big enough to where just random nazi weirdos like to be very annoying in my mentions constantly so im gonna be weak and block

It's not weak to block those types. Twitter actively defends Nazi's, and the owner of Twitter one day was retweeting and liking a bunch of known Nazi's and white nationalist stuff (and then later claimed his account was hacked, really he was just drunk or high).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

that's the one cool thing about twitter. since ads are in tweet form, muting/blocking the brand disables them. you've got no recourse if a dumb ad pops up on your mobile youtube feed.