Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Help Im Alive posted:

I wish it was FFVIII getting the cool remake because it would benefit from it a lot more

They already did, its called FFX :ssh:

(Both are about romances, paternity, alternate timelines, etc.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

well thats the dumbest final fantasy opinion i've ever read, good work

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

so when's final fantasy 16

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Not wrong, it's just that he takes it to the extreme. As a self proclaimed top tier journalist, I would think Jason would have a stronger stomach for social media.

"Having a strong stomach for social media" is like the opposite of a common trait in journalists

(I don't see why anyone would use twitter without blocking a shitton of people though)

Andrast fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Feb 7, 2020

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Waking up tomorrow at 5 to try and snag one of these bad boys. Limited edition run of 250.

https://plushart.club/blogs/news/marvels-spider-man-baby-groot-release

If you steal one before me :argh:

Either going to keep it or give it to a friend as a house warming present.

This is live if anyone is interested.

Refusing to take my payment though, which is suuuuuuper fun for me wanting to go back to bed.
Payment taken! Huzzah for the sweet release of sleep

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Feb 7, 2020

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

did anyone see how journalists were intending to interview 4chan about their supposed phoneline bombing of the iowa caucuses

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Cowcaster posted:

so when's final fantasy 16

Remember when we got three complete, excellent Final Fantasy games per generation?

How pathetic is it that other than MMOs, the only mainline games we've had in the last 13 years are XIII and a repurposed spinoff of XIII.

stev fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Feb 7, 2020

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Rinkles posted:

from the few times i've scene his professional mask slip, i think he's not just joking. he's a bit of a snob about his work.

Very true

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Cowcaster posted:

did anyone see how journalists were intending to interview 4chan about their supposed phoneline bombing of the iowa caucuses

wait the internet hacker 4chan how'd they get a hold of him

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

stev posted:

Remember when we got three complete, excellent Final Fantasy games per generation?

Yeah I remember the PS1

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

stev posted:

i remember the one time that happened

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

I have not played FF7.

Is there no revive mechanic in the game? If you die, you are dead? Or is Aerith just special killed so she can't be revived?

Story death is different from dying in combat

Welcome to RPGs

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The was not me admitting that FF8 is anything other than trash, I just didn't think it through much

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Zaphod42 posted:

Story death is different from dying in combat

Welcome to RPGs

dead and knocked out are different

:colbert:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

stev posted:

How pathetic is it that other than MMOs, the only mainline games we've had in the last 13 years are XIII and a repurposed spinoff of XIII.

Yeah I remember the SNES

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
FF had an incredible run in 6-10. Probably 5 too but I haven't played it

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

play 5

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

wait the internet hacker 4chan how'd they get a hold of him

They asked anonymous for his number.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

FF had an incredible run in 6-10. Probably 5 too but I haven't played it

What do you have against 4 mister??

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

it's on my vague maybe list. I plan to, someday, but who knows when someday is

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

you could always join up with the Final Fantasy Five Four Job Fiesta

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

you could always join up with the Final Fantasy Five Four Job Fiesta

I feel like playing a gimmick run as my first playthrough is not the optimal way to enjoy FF5

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I mean the main reason why production has slowed is that Square has always tried to make the FF games cutting edge in terms of production values and presentation and that has gotten to the point where now that takes literal billions of dollars and half a decade per game, expecting things to keep the same pace as previous generations is ludicrous

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Oh gently caress it's Enix's fault.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

man the word "job" sticks out like a sore thumb there huh

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

FirstAidKite posted:

D'aww they're adorable. Are they male or female?

Any kind of particular cat toy stuff you're thinking about putting up? Fancy cat trees or just getting some cheap carpeting to attach to some wood, or just making a bunch of stuff out of leftover cardboard?

Female, and we're gonna get her some fancy catte toys but there are many boxes and small widgets I'm sure she'll like to play with instead

I can't wait to have her walking on my keyboard and pushing important ceramics onto the floor

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

man the word "job" sticks out like a sore thumb there huh

job systems rule

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I mean the main reason why production has slowed is that Square has always tried to make the FF games cutting edge in terms of production values and presentation and that has gotten to the point where now that takes literal billions of dollars and half a decade per game, expecting things to keep the same pace as previous generations is ludicrous

FFXV looked and ran like poo poo on the hardware it was first released on (not sure how it was on PC).

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

cheetah7071 posted:

I feel like playing a gimmick run as my first playthrough is not the optimal way to enjoy FF5

I did my first ever Nuzlocke on Pokemon Shield and it was one of the most fun gaming experiences I've had recently.

Could be a fun way to spice up a playthrough?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Andrast posted:

job systems rule

well maybe they should have called it the jinal jantasy jive jour job jiesta instead then

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
final fantasy is good except: 3, 11

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

with ff5, no, its pretty good actually

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

final fantasy is good except: 3, 11
11 Is Sick (right now in 2020)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

homeless snail posted:

with ff5, no, its pretty good actually

disagree

You should play the game normally first.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

stev posted:

FFXV looked and ran like poo poo on the hardware it was first released on (not sure how it was on PC).

"tried"

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

homeless snail posted:

11 Is Sick (right now in 2020)

oh did they shut it off?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

all of the ps1 final fantasys are bad

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

x and x-2 slap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Stux posted:

all of the ps1 final fantasys are bad

Tactics