Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bad Final Fantasies: 8, 11, 12, 13, 13-2, 14

also probably some of 1-3 but I know nothing about them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Learned recently that in the Hello Kitty world a cat that walks on two legs is actually a person in a cat costume, as exemplified by Hello Kitty herself.

I think you can extrapolate that all anthropomorphic animals in popular culture that walk on two legs are, in fact, people in costumes.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Stux posted:

all of the final fantasys are bad

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Andrast posted:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
all cops are final fantasy

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I don't like my class being called a Job because I kill for pleasure

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

work in the medical insurance sector huh

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Andrast posted:

Bad Final Fantasies: 2, 8, 11

All the others are good to great

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Doesn't english-language Hello Kitty have a British accent

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Doesn't english-language Hello Kitty have a British accent

Canonically, she is British

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

well that seems a weird choice

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/cynixy/status/1225867733776072704

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Hello Kitty's English voice is the only one I hear.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i have never watched a hello kitty cartoon and have no conceptualization for what her voice should sound like, and so in true internet tradition i will imagine that it is done by danny devito

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

precision posted:

Canonically, she is British

Holy poo poo I thought this was a joke but

quote:

"Hello Kitty emerged in the 1970s, when the Japanese and Japanese women were into Britain," said Yano.

"They loved the idea of Britain. It represented the quintessential idealized childhood, almost like a white picket fence.

"So the biography was created exactly for the tastes of that time."

So now you know - Hello Kitty lives in the suburbs of London, is approximately five apples tall and was born on 1 November. And she's certainly not a cat.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

i have never watched a hello kitty cartoon and have no conceptualization for what her voice should sound like, and so in true internet tradition i will imagine that it is done by danny devito
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoP0SY1zg-E

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

7 is genuinely the worst final fantasy and i hope they dont change any of the story so people get to either discover for the first time or properly remember what an utter garbage fire it becomes

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Didn't the maker of Hello Kitty state that she (the character Hello Kitty) is actually a British human girl

E: stated above aburrr

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

and here i thought measuring things in terms of apples was a weird midwestern idiosyncracy

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I mean the main reason why production has slowed is that Square has always tried to make the FF games cutting edge in terms of production values and presentation and that has gotten to the point where now that takes literal billions of dollars and half a decade per game, expecting things to keep the same pace as previous generations is ludicrous

Its not just that. They also don't know what direction to take the series once JRPG combat lost popularity, and have been poorly mismanaged by designers whose reach exceeds their grasp.

Tetsuya Nomura had a ton of ambitious ideas for FF versus 13, took 6 years, then dumped it to make Kingdom Hearts 3 (which was also a loving mess) and left Square with a huge debt and a shambles of a game to try to clean up.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

12, the 13s and 15 are all good though?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
the real plot twist is that the killer of aerith was not sephiroth

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

'twas beauty, killed the beast

Weedle
May 31, 2006

ooh oi'm fookin pissed mate. oi've got ter go for a fookin wee. fook

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Andrast posted:

1 is a good game just not as much of an FF game

Its basically NES D&D simulator

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Stux posted:

7 is genuinely the worst final fantasy and i hope they dont change any of the story so people get to either discover for the first time or properly remember what an utter garbage fire it becomes

7 has a great setting and decent story but everything good about it was shamelessly stolen from Akira

dreamless
Dec 18, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

Its not just that. They also don't know what direction to take the series once JRPG combat lost popularity, and have been poorly mismanaged by designers whose reach exceeds their grasp.

Tetsuya Nomura had a ton of ambitious ideas for FF versus 13, took 6 years, then dumped it to make Kingdom Hearts 3 (which was also a loving mess) and left Square with a huge debt and a shambles of a game to try to clean up.

The XIIIs had an equal number of interesting and bad ideas and I wish they'd been better able to build on the good ideas. Also I suspect Kingdom Hearts tricked them into thinking they were okay at actiony combat when really people just liked having a Disney garnish on their anime nonsense.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I love the endgame of MHW Iceborne with the Guiding Lands because I essentially become the Doom Slayer but for adorable creatures instead of vicious demons

Perpetual violence forever. I'm not even killing the animals there for any real purpose, I don't want their materials, I just want to battle, forever

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/therealcliffyb/status/1225254352593596416

This is just pathetic, Clifford.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

dreamless posted:

The XIIIs had an equal number of interesting and bad ideas and I wish they'd been better able to build on the good ideas. Also I suspect Kingdom Hearts tricked them into thinking they were okay at actiony combat when really people just liked having a Disney garnish on their anime nonsense.

15 was originally a 13 too haha

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

lol

he also thought gears 5 was Woke because it had a woman protag

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Smurfs are three apples high

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The 7th Guest posted:

lol

he also thought gears 5 was Woke because it had a woman protag

He has made a lot of comments over the years about how much he hates women in gaming.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

wonder how he feels about women outside of gaming

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I said come in! posted:

He has made a lot of comments over the years about how much he hates women in gaming.

It's ok though because he makes absolutely sure everyone knows about his hot gamer wife.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I hear he has very specific opinions about teenage celebrities

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Weedle posted:

he thinks they're magicians

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Weedle posted:

In nerd spaces of any kind, he has been pretty vocal that he hates it. One time he went on a week long meltdown over women in comicbooks and trying to get his followers to gatekeep with him.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I remember being on the UT2K3 forums during the time of release and Cliff talked about how he liked "nerdy girls with messy hair and a bandage on their knee" or some poo poo

The guy is a real walking :wom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

precision posted:

Bad Final Fantasies: 2, 8, 11

All the others are good to great

I never got into 15. I don't get why it's good. I tried like 4 times but combat is just really boring and it never felt like I was accomplishing much