Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

Weapon Plus is a series of one-shots- there was Weapon Plus: Captain America and Wolverine, Weapon Plus: Absolute Carnage and now Weapon Plus: World War IV.

Ah, I completely failed to make that connection. That's a shame, though. I could certainly go for a new Man-Thing ongoing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

Weapon Plus is a series of one-shots- there was Weapon Plus: Captain America and Wolverine, Weapon Plus: Absolute Carnage and now Weapon Plus: World War IV.

I missed the Absolute Carnage one. The whole thing is so disjointed. I appreciate they’re doing something with the concept though. I’m still dying for Fantomex in the new X-Men status quo.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"

Open Marriage Night posted:

I missed the Absolute Carnage one. The whole thing is so disjointed. I appreciate they’re doing something with the concept though. I’m still dying for Fantomex in the new X-Men status quo.

The Absolute Carnage one was good as hell.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Can you get me a job at Marvel, so I can keep track of all this stuff?

It’s amazing that Black Cat hasn’t been dragged into any events, but it seems that the Spider books have been keeping their distance from each other.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Yeah, we seem to be playing in our own part of the pool at the moment. Felicia is appearing in other books (Ant-Man and Conan next month), but it's nothing that's affected the main book.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

Yeah, we seem to be playing in our own part of the pool at the moment. Felicia is appearing in other books (Ant-Man and Conan next month), but it's nothing that's affected the main book.

Whoa, I was not aware these was another Ant-Man out/coming out. I also had no idea Conan was... hanging out in modern times? Or else is Felicia time traveling a bit?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

How Wonderful! posted:

Whoa, I was not aware these was another Ant-Man out/coming out. I also had no idea Conan was... hanging out in modern times? Or else is Felicia time traveling a bit?

I think there's some comics where he's in Hyboria or whatever and some where he's in the 616.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Savage Avengers has him in modern times. It has a great scene with him and Doom.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

All scenes with Doom are great :doom:

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

How Wonderful! posted:

Yeah, Zeb Wells and Dylan Burnett are doing Ant-Man, it looks like it will be very cool (I saw some art at NYCC) and I think it starts this month? As for Conan, I guess he's in Las Vegas? I don't really know anything other than what's in the solicits.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

This does not suggest that my hoped-for Gambit guest appearance is in the offing. :( I'm hoping that this is due to the new Krakoan status quo, and therefore it not you, it Gambit.

P.S. not suggesting any foul play or shenanigans etc by any means, but I am surprised that Felicia is appearing in other books and you're not really aware of anything more than us, if I'm not misinterpreting your posts. Is this just because it's likely limited appearances that won't be "significant" for her? I'd just assumed you'd know her exact involvement at least, in case of any fun opportunities that arise from it but perhaps this is too much with characters crossing over all the time.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Soonmot posted:

Savage Avengers has him in modern times. It has a great scene with him and Doom.

The Conan Punisher fantasy buddy issue was so incredible.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Metalshark posted:

This does not suggest that my hoped-for Gambit guest appearance is in the offing. :( I'm hoping that this is due to the new Krakoan status quo, and therefore it not you, it Gambit.

P.S. not suggesting any foul play or shenanigans etc by any means, but I am surprised that Felicia is appearing in other books and you're not really aware of anything more than us, if I'm not misinterpreting your posts. Is this just because it's likely limited appearances that won't be "significant" for her? I'd just assumed you'd know her exact involvement at least, in case of any fun opportunities that arise from it but perhaps this is too much with characters crossing over all the time.

From my experience, that's usually something that gets hashed out at an editorial level. Having Felicia appear in other books is, I would guess, not be that big a deal as while Black Cat is #1 in my heart, it's not a real mover and shaker as far as the greater Marvel universe is concerned, unlike say mutant stuff, which I'd think is a much larger concern, continuity wise. It could actually be a bit of a boost, as getting her into other books ups her profule and could (hopefully) bring people to the main book. Granted, that's conjecture, but with a shared universe you have to be easy-going and let the editors do their jobs.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

¡Terrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
Conan works surprising well in the 616. His disdain for Strange and every other magic user he meets is great.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

There is some grade-a stuff going on in Black Cat.

"I though you preferred redheads."
"Story of my life."

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Victor and Stephen team-ups rule adding Conan can only make things better is this Savage Avengers? I may have to check it out.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Dawgstar posted:

"Story of my life."

I do like how tiny Logan looks next to Felicia.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

cant cook creole bream posted:

I do like how tiny Logan looks next to Felicia.

It is cool when artists remember he's 5'3.'

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
The original Honey Badger

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Not surprisingly, Tom Taylor's Immortal Hulk/Spider-Man one-shot is really good. I wouldn't have picked it up if I hadn't seen his name on the cover but I'm glad I did.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

Dawgstar posted:

"Story of my life."

It was perfect. Multiple looks for Felicia & a dapper Patch from Anka, plus the signature dialogue and style that makes this series so drat fun and entertaining.

Felicia vs Kade Kilgore was the verbal smackdown that I never knew that I wanted, but it made so much sense. Can't wait for part 2, and I hope that Anka comes back for another guest spot on the definitive run on Felicia Hardy.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/Steph_I_Will/status/1225088253461704704

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Jean: Now Storm, you were there. You were at the council meeting when we were building our new society that was detached from humanity, that we got to bring over one thing from humanity. We had a vote and we decided that it was capitalism that we were bringing over.

You can't complain now afterwards"

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Anka's pencils were almost unrecognizable in this week's Black Cat, in a really interesting way. Both him and Foreman have really nailed this almost, like, Chayken-esque vibe on this title, a little bit of chic scratchiness.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
X-Men/Fantastic Four seems like a big race to see who can be the bigger rear end in a top hat between Reed Richards and Xavier/Magneto. Also something with Franklin but really the first thing is more the driving force of the story :v:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

TwoPair posted:

X-Men/Fantastic Four seems like a big race to see who can be the bigger rear end in a top hat between Reed Richards and Xavier/Magneto. Also something with Franklin but really the first thing is more the driving force of the story :v:

Reed pulls into a commanding lead at the end.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Why isnt franklin blond anymore?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

Puberty. I have a cousin a few years younger than me, we both looked bleach blonde as kids, he's still bleach blonde, I have brown hair.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Synthbuttrange posted:

He's a teenage boy going through emotions and puberty and you don't understand, Dad... also he's being all emo about his powers being on the fritz and dyed it behind Reed & Sue's backs

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Feb 6, 2020

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Skwirl posted:

Puberty. I have a cousin a few years younger than me, we both looked bleach blonde as kids, he's still bleach blonde, I have brown hair.

Me and my dad are the same. Before it greyed out, he had deep black hair. Melanin is weird.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Metalshark posted:

It was perfect. Multiple looks for Felicia & a dapper Patch from Anka, plus the signature dialogue and style that makes this series so drat fun and entertaining.

Felicia vs Kade Kilgore was the verbal smackdown that I never knew that I wanted, but it made so much sense. Can't wait for part 2, and I hope that Anka comes back for another guest spot on the definitive run on Felicia Hardy.

There's a lot more where that came from coming up next issue! And thank you, "definitive run" is what we were aiming for, haha

How Wonderful! posted:

Anka's pencils were almost unrecognizable in this week's Black Cat, in a really interesting way. Both him and Foreman have really nailed this almost, like, Chayken-esque vibe on this title, a little bit of chic scratchiness.

And there's a lot more of that coming next month as well. These 2-issue arcs are always a little bit excruciating as while I enjoy the set-up issue, the knock-down issue coming up next is always more wild.

edit: everyone should check out Ant-Man #1 as well, it was great.

Vulpes Vulpes fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Feb 6, 2020

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Skwirl posted:

Reed pulls into a commanding lead at the end.

Doom only shows up because he saw there’s a contest for biggest rear end in a top hat and he obviously had to one-up Richards.

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Are any other Marvel Unlimited users finding the app unusably buggy? I downloaded the most recent version and now it freezes whenever I try to use the browse function. (Version 5.2.1 on the iPad, for what that’s worth.)

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1225887598305918976

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
https://twitter.com/KurtBusiek/status/1225916928704708608

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Zombie Dachshund posted:

Are any other Marvel Unlimited users finding the app unusably buggy? I downloaded the most recent version and now it freezes whenever I try to use the browse function. (Version 5.2.1 on the iPad, for what that’s worth.)

Mine doesn't even load in any more, but I figure that's just because my phone is super old, relatively speaking.

Could it be...more Marvels?

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

drat, Vision (Aarkus) looks great.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Heck yeah, dredging up more ancient WW2 characters. The Alex Ross Special.

Still, I am excited. Kurt Busiek rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
That is a very weird team line-up.