Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The villains that reproduce by converting other species into themselves not having loving tasers still drives me nuts. A plot hole you could fit a galaxy through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The villains that reproduce by converting other species into themselves not having loving tasers still drives me nuts. A plot hole you could fit a galaxy through.

I liked the premise of the idea, I'll say that much. They were effectively the Borg from Star Trek only biological instead of mechanical. The problem was that Exaltation didn't seem like it was really any kind of a threat. Oh, we see it done to a couple of Angarans once or twice and then that's it. It should have been that the Kett could Exalt any species. It would have turned them from an after thought into a credible threat instantly.

namad
Nov 7, 2013

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I like watching trainwrecks. Pokecapn’s Sonic 2k6 is still one of my all time faves and I miss the posse something fierce.

So that said, any good Mass Effect Andromeda LPs? I know there’s one going on at the moment but it seems to be a narrative RP of sorts and like the LPer doesn’t think the game is hot garbage so not sure it’s up my alley.

What Andromeda let's play? The only one on the LP database is one that lasted about a week about a year ago and the person doing it decided to cancel it before they even got out of the tutorial.
Is there another one? I'd be 100% fine with a narrative let's play. I'm just curious how the plot ends.

namad fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jan 17, 2020

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

namad posted:

What Andromeda let's play? The only one on the LP database is one that lasted about a week about a year ago and the person doing it decided to cancel it before they even got out of the tutorial.
Is there another one? I'd be 100% find with a narrative let's play. I'm just curious how the plot ends.

That may well be it. I only read the OP from the master list and didn’t bother checking the date since it didn’t interest me. I’m on the train with a lovely connection at the moment or else I’d check.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

namad posted:

Is there another one? I'd be 100% find with a narrative let's play. I'm just curious how the plot ends.

SkadiLP did a great Andromeda LP on her channel. Here's the first episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIZKMmMCgl4

namad
Nov 7, 2013

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

That may well be it. I only read the OP from the master list and didn’t bother checking the date since it didn’t interest me. I’m on the train with a lovely connection at the moment or else I’d check.

Yeah, probably the same one then, that one died almost instantly.

AllisonByProxy posted:

SkadiLP did a great Andromeda LP on her channel. Here's the first episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIZKMmMCgl4

Thanks for the tip, I'm checking it out now!

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

I liked the premise of the idea, I'll say that much. They were effectively the Borg from Star Trek only biological instead of mechanical. The problem was that Exaltation didn't seem like it was really any kind of a threat. Oh, we see it done to a couple of Angarans once or twice and then that's it. It should have been that the Kett could Exalt any species. It would have turned them from an after thought into a credible threat instantly.

I feel like you missed some pretty major plot stuff, because they definitely can Exalt any species, and do it to some Krogans and I think other Ark folks during the course of the game.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Has no one really covered Dragon Quest VI? Was reading through the playthroughs in the archive in order and it seems to be the only one missing.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

It's not there. I guess it's a pretty big game, but people have done larger before. I'd also like to see it.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I wish someone would come and finish a Dragon Quest 8 LP.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Good luck. I requested 6 once, and it fell off the list, and off the bubble.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 7 have been done. 6 and 11 have never been touched. 8 and 9 have been abandoned, though 9 does have one that's currently on hiatus, but not abandoned yet.

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

"Being a fangame and not bound to a rating, Pokemon Reborn is able to expand more on topics such as death and the extreme dangers Pokemon could pose. These topics...are treated with the respect such a subject deserves."

Let's throw a Medicham into a volcano and make it give the T2 thumbs up!

Mraagvpeine posted:

I wish someone would come and finish a Dragon Quest 8 LP.

That hasn't been done? Really? Weird. I figured that was a game that was done to death.

I'd like to do it, but I would kind of want to do the 3DS version and 3DS capture is wonky/prohibitively expensive/bad.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Somebody started one a few years back and got about halfway through, but that's the only attempt.

namad
Nov 7, 2013
I think dragon warrior 6 missed it's time due to translation timings. Games like dragon warrior 5 were fan translated eons before an official port of dragon warrior 6 came out. Then on top of that the port of dragon warrior 6 has some fundamental gameplay differences. This goes on to mean that there isn't a definitive version of dragon warrior 6 to even play. People were let's playing dragon warrior/quest 5 several years before dragon warrior 6 was even ported to nds and then ported to english.

Although as a fan of the series, I've played dragon warrior 1-5+7,9. Skipping 6 and 8 because I didn't have the correct video game system, or language skills to play them. This is why I'd be super duper keen for a complete let's play of dragon warrior 6 or dragon quest 8. They'd complete my collection. That's probably what you guys want to.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

DQ6 is on my list of games to LP when I have the time, but that may not be for the foreseeable future.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Dumb idea, but recently I’ve been watching fucktons of playthroughs of NCAA Football 14’s Dynasty Mode. Basically, the premise is that you play as a head coach of either an already established school or a custom team and build your team from the ground up by recruiting new players, improving on the ones you already have and by seeing the fruits of your labor as you play games.

Would be interesting to see how the goons do it, especially if someone wants to lean heavily into the roleplay aspects of it.

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
Very excited to see the Nioh VLP here. Are there any other Nioh VLPs from people who are similarly knowledgeable/experienced in the game, but are more into showing off the story/items/lore ala EpicNameBro with Dark Souls? The Time Warriors/TheLastRoboKy LP seems great but I'm frequently thinking that I'd like to hear that dialog or read that text.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Not sure if it's what you are looking for, but Slowbeef did stream a playthrough of the base game where he had a co-commentator who knew a lot about Japanese mythology, first video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJV8RnBGbMQ.
He was playing more or less blind, though.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Anyone remember that VA-11 Hall-A game? Imagine that, but with coffee.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Mraagvpeine posted:

Anyone remember that VA-11 Hall-A game? Imagine that, but with coffee.

I am deeply saddened the MDC aren't around anymore to LP this game.

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

Has anyone ever LP'd Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat or WH: Dark Omen? I'd love to see someone tackle an RTS from back when there weren't that many set standards.

namad
Nov 7, 2013
I'd like to request someone play Vestaria Saga. SSLP would be most appropriate. What's this game? Well it's a 1990s (early 90s) style fire emblem game, only for some reason, someone made it and released it in 2019.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Not just anyone made it; Kaga, the main guy responsible for FE from 1-5 was the guy behind Vestaria.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Also it's an awful slog with way too much going on in any given map. More power to whatever lost soul attempts that monster.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

ChaosArgate posted:

Not just anyone made it; Kaga, the main guy responsible for FE from 1-5 was the guy behind Vestaria.

He also made Tear Ring Saga, that other I Can't Believe It's Not Fire Emblem game.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Can anyone recommend an informative LP of control?

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!

Herr Tog posted:

Can anyone recommend an informative LP of control?

Nidoking will likely be starting one soon.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
Now that Blade Runner is out on GOG, I would really like to see a good video LP. The screenshot LP in the archives is great but doesn't quite capture the cinematic feel of the game.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!

SimonChris posted:

Now that Blade Runner is out on GOG, I would really like to see a good video LP. The screenshot LP in the archives is great but doesn't quite capture the cinematic feel of the game.

It's on my list but I'm early on into a series of games so it may take a while for me to get to it. If anyone else is up for the challenge then feel free, if not then it will be on the cards at some point this year.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

Nidoking will likely be starting one soon.

Thank you for this good news!

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I'd love to see an LP of Spellforce. It's an RTS-RPG hybrid with a (from what I hear) rather bonkers storyline, but I just can't stand the thing's interface. Strategy games are hard to LP but one can always wish, right?

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
I went ahead and started the Control thread. I was hoping to build up a bit more backlog first, but the process is smooth enough that I should be able to hit the ground running and get to the meat of the game quickly.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Two things:

1) I think the Tomba LP is finished.

2) I should have bolded Dragon Quest VIII earlier.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Gonna reup my request for Pokémon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon - SSLP.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Nidoking posted:

I went ahead and started the Control thread. I was hoping to build up a bit more backlog first, but the process is smooth enough that I should be able to hit the ground running and get to the meat of the game quickly.

YES THANK YOU

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
I'm thinking of starting an LP of Super Mario RPG Randomized, but I don't think it's going to be big enough to warrant its own thread. I was thinking of posting it in that "small LPs" community thread, but I can't seem to find it (granted, I only looked back four pages). Is it still a thing, or did the thread die?

This is technically a request, so...

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Maple Leaf posted:

I'm thinking of starting an LP of Super Mario RPG Randomized, but I don't think it's going to be big enough to warrant its own thread. I was thinking of posting it in that "small LPs" community thread, but I can't seem to find it (granted, I only looked back four pages). Is it still a thing, or did the thread die?

This is technically a request, so...

Is this the one that you are looking for? https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750711

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
Yes, that was it, thank you!

Doesn't look like it's doing so hot, though. I might just go on and do my own thread.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Maple Leaf posted:

Yes, that was it, thank you!

Doesn't look like it's doing so hot, though. I might just go on and do my own thread.

Maybe do like Mega64 did with his Final Fantasy V Challenge Megathread and encourage others to do and share their own run(s)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

HereticMIND posted:

Dumb idea, but recently I’ve been watching fucktons of playthroughs of NCAA Football 14’s Dynasty Mode. Basically, the premise is that you play as a head coach of either an already established school or a custom team and build your team from the ground up by recruiting new players, improving on the ones you already have and by seeing the fruits of your labor as you play games.

Would be interesting to see how the goons do it, especially if someone wants to lean heavily into the roleplay aspects of it.

Absolutely not stupid. I'm with you on watching a whole lot of Dynasty mode. Also lets me know that at least SOMEONE might be into that. :v:

I've been toying around with a few ideas on where to go with something like that, and also toying around with editing statistics and ratings, and making things more "interesting" (if you call playing games where everyone is a 40 overall "interesting"....it does lead to some hilarious outcomes). I'm hoping to start in a few months, when I maybe have the time to actually get into it.

Hope that might whet your appetite.