Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Things seem like they keep getting worse for Bina. Do you think she's just depressed, or is it something weirder, like now she perceives time differently?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Bobulus posted:

Things seem like they keep getting worse for Bina. Do you think she's just depressed, or is it something weirder, like now she perceives time differently?
The first thing Bina said coming out of a coma (while Abel is sobbing on her!) was dully pointing out her scar was gone, which immediately got her Mother's reaction. The shocked expression is the first expression that wasn't half-lidded or closed we've seen since she woke up. There's probably some depression going on but I think the whole ordeal of dying, having surgery done on you and your monster, and then merging with your monster to be revived as a monster/human mutant (also: the monster's mind is still there in you) is probably doing a number on her brain too.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Shock will do a number on you. There's definitely something wrong, but with something like this, even setting aside the fantasy elements, it's also something you have to give a few weeks to see how it passes or changes. If this was harder sci-fi I'd worry about brain damage from the period she was clinically dead, but given what actually happened I'd be surprised if Magnolia Porter went that route.

For now, it seems like emotional and physical exhaustion, the shock of changes to your body and the impact of being merged with an almost-separate entity (Ayo certainly had independent cognition to Bina, but was also physically a metaphysically a part of her, so obviously it's complicated). I'm definitely not discounting that there might be something else weird going on, but Bina was already getting pretty psychologically messed up before this happened so it kind of feels like this is what happens when she no longer has the energy or drive to keep pushing herself.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-14-page-27

Guess Cass's clones aren't super hardy

also laughing at going WRONG to someone saying they don't owe an explanation to someone they don't even know

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

rannum posted:

also laughing at going WRONG to someone saying they don't owe an explanation to someone they don't even know
Lol way to trigger someone’s PTSD, Cass has the best plans.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Meanwhile, in bobbins.horse, Ryan has been in the middle of a night of danger owing to his landlord's suspiciously lavish hospitality. Now it seems that Hugo will be the one who must pay the price.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bobulus posted:

I'm just bemused that this is now the second webcomic I've read in as many years where the protagonist was turned into a four-fingered hybrid with effectively horns and a tail in order to save their life after getting stabbed in the heart. I'm now kind of hoping the other main kids merge with their monsters either in solidarity with Bina and/or to fight whatever Bizarro Sephiroth horror Lulenski has become that we're now tantalizingly close to catching up to in the timeline.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

nine-gear crow posted:

I'm just bemused that this is now the second webcomic I've read in as many years where the protagonist was turned into a four-fingered hybrid with effectively horns and a tail in order to save their life after getting stabbed in the heart. I'm now kind of hoping the other main kids merge with their monsters either in solidarity with Bina and/or to fight whatever Bizarro Sephiroth horror Lulenski has become that we're now tantalizingly close to catching up to in the timeline.

What was the other one? I keep feeling deja vu about this.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

If we assume Rjinder Maugras is still right about the ticking clock AND ALSO can't fix the machine I'd think the fusion is the necessary solution to that little problem. Provided that whatever insane solution to the Lulenski problem does not also wipe out all monsters, i guess.

At least, I'd think so, but I guess that depends on how Bina actually, like...functions, at this point, wrt shock, depression whatever else is going on from the merger as discussed before. Would be kind of a bummer

e: got my mad science doctors confused

rannum fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Feb 8, 2020

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

rannum posted:

Cassidy very much strikes me in this scene as- well, a secret bitch, yes, but more specifically, someone really bad at handling emotional nuance who works under a rigid framework to try to deal. It's interesting that even though she's clearly decided Undine is the Villain to her Hero, she saves this confrontation for when nobody else is around - she knows nobody else would approve, even if she's internally certain she's doing The Right Thing.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Cassidy has some growing up to do. Udine is going to help her I think.

“Done messing around, huh?” Is just... lmao. Put a raincoat on Cassidy, because I have a feeling you’re about to get drenched.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

PetraCore posted:

Cassidy very much strikes me in this scene as- well, a secret bitch, yes, but more specifically, someone really bad at handling emotional nuance who works under a rigid framework to try to deal. It's interesting that even though she's clearly decided Undine is the Villain to her Hero, she saves this confrontation for when nobody else is around - she knows nobody else would approve, even if she's internally certain she's doing The Right Thing.

At the very least I'm guessing she's definitely lost someone before but I wonder if she/the incident had something covered up in particular to spur on her inability to believe the news beyond just not believing Undine in general. Pretty interested in unlocking Cassidy's backstory

Or maybe she's just a conspiracy nut! The Dark Rue.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Joe Slowboat posted:

What was the other one? I keep feeling deja vu about this.

A smaller webcomic called Color Blind. A recurring thing its narrative has been its main characters turning into four-fingered monsterfolk hybrids one by one as the story goes on. The author/artist is currently going through and redoing the original chapters of it, but in its current plot four of the five main characters have transformed and the last one is probably going to too once the main plot gets going again.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

rannum posted:

The logical side of my brain totaly knows that Cass would be the perfect target to be killed or corrupted by Goops as part of the metaphorical part of her plan to destroy Undine.
The reptilian side of my brain wants her to hit the canvas so hard that she bounces for being such a loving idiotic brat.

Agaragon
Nov 16, 2018

ConanThe3rd posted:

The logical side of my brain totaly knows that Cass would be the perfect target to be killed or corrupted by Goops as part of the metaphorical part of her plan to destroy Undine.
The reptilian side of my brain wants her to hit the canvas so hard that she bounces for being such a loving idiotic brat.

My hope is that Gabby will leap out of nowhere and punch her in the face while still being untransformed. Gabby warned Undine, and I would like to see more of her being great.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The best outcome at this point would Undine having the presence of mind to recognise that this is one of those situations where you can just go 'kk sparring over, we're done here, bye' and just leave. But she's too set off to think that calmly at this point, I think. Although she did come close with the 'I don't owe you anything' last page.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Feb 8, 2020

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I think its more Cass isn't taking no for an answer.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

ConanThe3rd posted:

I think its more Cass isn't taking no for an answer.
Not much she can do about it if Undine goes where there's more people, since Cass is self-aware enough not to want to act this way in front of her friends.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I know that it's the inside of scissors that is sharp, but it still really bugs me to see her gripping the half-scissor sword by the quillon instead of the hilt. Probably gives it some weird balance.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

SlothfulCobra posted:

I know that it's the inside of scissors that is sharp, but it still really bugs me to see her gripping the half-scissor sword by the quillon instead of the hilt. Probably gives it some weird balance.

I thought the same thing. It makes a little more sense in the context of today's update: if she was holding the hilt, her hand might get in the way when the other half of the scissors rematerialize.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Straight White Shark posted:

I thought the same thing. It makes a little more sense in the context of today's update: if she was holding the hilt, her hand might get in the way when the other half of the scissors rematerialize.
Infinite loop of cassidies

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

PetraCore posted:

Infinite loop of cassidies

The worst possible outcome.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Meanwhile, Marblegate is investigating a boob mystery.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Why is marblegate's site so loving slow?

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Is it like the rumor of how Amazonian warrior women would cut off one breast in order to more effectively wield a bow? Because that's all I've got.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

IronSaber posted:

Is it like the rumor of how Amazonian warrior women would cut off one breast in order to more effectively wield a bow? Because that's all I've got.

It's probably that, combined with her smuggling poo poo out of the dungeon in the padded pocket, since this team is like 97% complete assholes.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Is the mystery "why would armor have boob cutouts in the first place"? Because that's not a practical design for combat. (If it's a ceremonial piece, never mind the rest of this post.) The whole thing should be padded, not just one part. I know most people don't know or understand that, it just strikes me as a little odd that the artist seems to know enough to understand that there should be padding in armor, but not that the whole thing should be padded, no matter how many breasts the person has.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
after like a two week hiatus My Delirium Alcazar is back

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Yeah, there aren't many historical examples of women wearing armor, but in the ones that exist, they're all wearing single-piece breast plates just like the men do. Decades of fantasy depictions have just wildly skewed our expectations. There's no reason to sculpt cleavage and breasts into the plate unless it's solely meant to be decorative, which you can see in some armor with muscles sculpted on or like how exaggerated codpieces get.

I think padding generally is a separate garment instead of attached to the plate though.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Lunatic Sledge posted:

after like a two week hiatus My Delirium Alcazar is back

Two week hiatus in webcomics. LUXURY! :lofty:

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
my armour has an exquisitely sculpted sixpack on each breast, and there is a codpiece, but it's in an unexpected place. in warfare, one must rely on the element of surprise

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

IronSaber posted:

Hopefully not, because that old legend is completely stupid. Boobs can be a problem for archery, but only if you use a long bow, and you draw the arrow across your chest, and you don't wear some armor on your torso. There are archery competitions with women contestants, and none of them mutilate themselves to get better at the sport.

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Is the mystery "why would armor have boob cutouts in the first place"? Because that's not a practical design for combat. (If it's a ceremonial piece, never mind the rest of this post.) The whole thing should be padded, not just one part. I know most people don't know or understand that, it just strikes me as a little odd that the artist seems to know enough to understand that there should be padding in armor, but not that the whole thing should be padded, no matter how many breasts the person has.

The author commented earlier that it's deliberate on his part if the archer in that group is wearing his arm guard on the wrong hand. And there was the whole intra-party fight about the berserker being stupid for not wearing boots.

It seems the takeaway from all this is "these adventurers are far from being even half as competent as they think they are". Just look at how ornate her helmet is, she probably is using a ceremonial armor for dungeoneering...

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Feb 11, 2020

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

hallelujah posted:

my armour has an exquisitely sculpted sixpack on each breast, and there is a codpiece, but it's in an unexpected place. in warfare, one must rely on the element of surprise
Welcome back.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

hallelujah posted:

how many guesses do we get?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
It's war-armour. As many as you can make before blade meets flesh.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-14-page-28

holy poo poo cassidy

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Oh so Abraham in Not Drunk Enough was ALWAYS the stabby type.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Could someone tell me what the gently caress happened with Dumbing of Age after I dropped it around 2016, when the author's creepy fetish for abusive WLW relationships got too blatant with Robin? I have a certain degree of :frogon: from what some folks said a few pages ago, but don't want to spend the irritatingly long time it would take to actual check out its meandering bullshit and would probably find the goon summary more entertaining.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

StratGoatCom posted:

Could someone tell me what the gently caress happened with Dumbing of Age after I dropped it around 2016, when the author's creepy fetish for abusive WLW relationships got too blatant with Robin? I have a certain degree of :frogon: from what some folks said a few pages ago, but don't want to spend the irritatingly long time it would take to actual check out its meandering bullshit and would probably find the goon summary more entertaining.

I'm not sure what the hell you're talking about but:

Basically the lesbian suicide pact broke up but is back together but it seems like they're trying to work through their poo poo I dunno.

Manic pixie lesbian is dating the dinosaur girl.

Walky and Atheist broke up I guess.

Superhero girl's dad is back and is now a literal supervillain and this is to be taken seriously?

Angry guy who is an rear end in a top hat at all times might be dead because of supervillain dad I dunno

Fundie Christian girl almost got together with hot Christian guy but she accidentally did a sitcom and he cut ties with her over it.

Did I miss anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Robin got kicked out and last time the lesbian teacher thought about Robin she grabbed a baseball bat because she figured she might have to hit her. (It was a false alarm, it was not Robin at all)

Mike got thrown off a building, lesbian teacher is now in a normal and somewhat healthy relationship, Amber and Walky are together, Robin hired Dina to be her campaign manager because no one else was stupid enough to work for her anymore, and it's an obvious cover for Robin just wanted someone, anyone, to validate and acquiesce to her.

Also Joe and Joyce slept together after a party. In a perfectly chaste way.