Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

LoL is sort of like bullying IRL, if you hit the bully back you get reported and told to behave while they keep doing the same thing over and over with no real consequences screeching KYS KYS KYS RETARD NOOB OMG that echoes into eternity.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Midig posted:

LoL is sort of like bullying IRL, if you hit the bully back you get reported and told to behave while they keep doing the same thing over and over with no real consequences screeching KYS KYS KYS RETARD NOOB OMG that echoes into eternity.

Just mute people. You don't have to sit there and read garbage. You are choosing to engage with it and respond, and there is nothing compelling you to to do so.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
hahahahaha how the gently caress is LoL bullying even real hahaha just mute all and splitpush hahaha

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

Overwhelming millions every day

Firebert posted:

hahahahaha how the gently caress is LoL bullying even real hahaha just mute all and splitpush hahaha

Perfect

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
I don't even play Senna but that True Damage Prestige skin is so delightfully over the top. It is like if a whole rack of plastic jewelry at Forever 21 got turned into a skin.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Midig posted:

Just in case anyone was going to put me in this group, this is not a point I was making ^^^^^

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

Mindblast posted:

Got several mecha orb lucky rolls and one of the cool skins that tumbled out was nightbringer soraka.

It... it can project bananas. This is amazing. Any other skins have stuff like this?

I just got a super cool Zombie Hunter Pantheon skin that has a chainsaw on a pole for a weapon. Wish I knew how to play him.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

The Dregs posted:

I just got a super cool Zombie Hunter Pantheon skin that has a chainsaw on a pole for a weapon. Wish I knew how to play him.

it's not hard, just copy this dude: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zje3dCsQFos

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Rygar201 posted:

Just mute people. You don't have to sit there and read garbage. You are choosing to engage with it and respond, and there is nothing compelling you to to do so.

Coming back to this game six years older, I cannot stress enough how just muting people instead of engaging has improved my Video Game Experience (tm).

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

I mean, I can't remember the last time I was on the internet and saw someone write "Hey, you are actually right, thanks for making that point". I dont even get why I am trying to make actual valid points in-game when most of the time I just get RETARD NOOB OMG back most of the time or "Strategy is for nerds" mentality.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Usually I just put something flippant like “thanks for the feedback” or “your opinion is important to me”. If they weren’t already tilted by then it’s almost a guarantee they will be.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

If I'm going to intentionally tilt someone I'd rather it was someone on the other team, that's where the real fun is.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Midig posted:

I mean, I can't remember the last time I was on the internet and saw someone write "Hey, you are actually right, thanks for making that point". I dont even get why I am trying to make actual valid points in-game when most of the time I just get RETARD NOOB OMG back most of the time or "Strategy is for nerds" mentality.

Considering your suggestions in this thread I'm gonna say you're probably not making valid points, or not making them in constructive ways.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

I tried it. Kinda worked.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
When I get called out (correctly) for playing poorly (always) I find

“You can’t tell me what to do you’re not my real dad!!!”

Defuses the situation more often than not. I mean not always ofc

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

My philosophy towards solo queue is that anyone who cares about improving at the game already knows when they've hosed up, and therefore doesn't need me passive-aggressively reprimanding them in the guise of coaching in the middle of a game.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

The only time I type at my allies is "gj", summoner timers, and stuff like "hey jhin, as soon as kaisa uses W I'm all inning on her"

Jfc I usually mute all except my adc at 1:30 and mute them if they start with any negativity

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Midig posted:

I've played since Season 1, I've been passive aggressive as hell on occasion, and I've never even had a popup. From my brief time working with Riot almost unanimously people punished deserved it. The whole notion of /mute all is really foreign to me because it's just 15 minutes to an hour of my life with people I'll probably never see again in my life but if you're at the point you're getting chat restrictions just turn it off because you're just hurting yourself.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Tank Sylas jungle is great. Very weak first clear, but gets incredibly dumb - spiritual successor to tank fizz/ekko jungle.

Max w - e - q, go conqueror with last stand, and ravenous/the other healing one. Runic -> Iceborne -> SV -> Liandries (?) with mercs or tabis. The healing is actually insane, if you can get past the early game and get to skirmishing poo poo's wild.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Midig posted:

you can ask the goons that play with me but i basically always hit back and i havent been restricted since season 2 or whenever it first came into play. i got honor 5 the last two years. its very easy to insult and make people mad if you really want to without getting in trouble

the bar is so high for actually seeing any punishment that you obviously deserve it

edit: interestingly enough, i was trying to figure out when the system was put into place and i found a post from only two years ago where a guy smites some loser
https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/E4LnThmW-most-ridiculous-chat-restriction-i-have-ever-seen-in-my-life

maybe whoever it was that was whining can post there and we can all see

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Feb 8, 2020

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

The only time I type at my allies is "gj", summoner timers, and stuff like "hey jhin, as soon as kaisa uses W I'm all inning on her"

Jfc I usually mute all except my adc at 1:30 and mute them if they start with any negativity

That's the right way to go about it, just try to stick to 1 word replies or bits of encouragement to keep people's mental from exploding, someone spews rage at you when you misplay, say "sorry" and move on.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

foutre posted:

Tank Sylas jungle is great. Very weak first clear, but gets incredibly dumb - spiritual successor to tank fizz/ekko jungle.

Max w - e - q, go conqueror with last stand, and ravenous/the other healing one. Runic -> Iceborne -> SV -> Liandries (?) with mercs or tabis. The healing is actually insane, if you can get past the early game and get to skirmishing poo poo's wild.

this is extremely true and good

dont spoil the secret, this stays between goons

Also real talk, glacial spooky ghosts first item makes for nutty ganks, then transition into tanky AP

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I had a team in silver do a very funny strat, where the team was "Mid Neeko" and a bot of Trist & Pyke, and pyke played very far back while trist pushed for level 2 and Neeko never showed mid vs our Diana. Then when they hit level 2, surprise, it was neeko all along and she rooted us through the minion wave. Blew our sums but they let Diana have a free lane for the first like 2 or 3 minutes and then she got 16 kills, so not sure it paid off for them.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Garen and Yuumi returned with a vengeance. The game lasted an hour as the enemy seemed resistant towards taking towers and we managed to take some inhibitors which stalled the game. Eventually, the game ended by Garen and I doing a backdoor and just taking down the exposed nexus. Garen just doesn't die when he has a Yuumi attached to him alongside Redemption heals. It was very funny and felt so good to win in the end.

Char
Jan 5, 2013
What does actually trigger autofill? I ended up getting jungle while queuing top/bot, and... well despite my asking for a switch, I was told "don't worry you'll do fine". Fast forward to 15 minutes later, the game was over - I pretty much inted against the other jungler in my own jungle.
Next time I'll just dodge but it feels pretty bad.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Char posted:

What does actually trigger autofill? I ended up getting jungle while queuing top/bot, and... well despite my asking for a switch, I was told "don't worry you'll do fine". Fast forward to 15 minutes later, the game was over - I pretty much inted against the other jungler in my own jungle.
Next time I'll just dodge but it feels pretty bad.

pretty sure you just accrue some sort of probability every game you get what you want and then it weighs that against other people. anecdotally (i know) ive found a really high correlation in autofilled games -> dodge -> autofill and while i hesitate to draw conclusions from that alone, its also the system that would make the most sense

its gonna happen every once and a while, just find a single meta character thats easy to play in every role like nunu or some tank and roll with it

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

If you get autofill jungle, just play Warwick. He is probably. The most brain-dead jungler to play, even for people who have never played jungle.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
So I tried a game of intermediate bots today because I wanted to see what Ornn is like, since he seems to be popular around here. Gragas was jungling too, so he took top side with herald, and I got bot with dragon. I was just puttering around, trying to figure out Ornn's powers, and bottom MF starts yelling at us fools to help. I realize she's 0/3. Top is just as bad, and our Janna never actually went mid, she's just flying around tossing whirlwinds randomly.

The bots all teamed up mid and we lost. These people weren't all low level either. I never realized that there are people who just happily play vs bots and find it challenging and fun. God bless them.

Ornn seemed fun, though. he just always seems a bit clunky, like I pull combos off but they're messy. I want to play him some more.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Man, I was having a really good game as orianna last night where we started the game in a terrible position, but by mid game we'd turned it around and had a sizable lead...

And of course my internet went out and is still down 15 hours later.

At least it's the only leave I've gotten in like.. probably 4 years at least? Hopefully I won't get punished too much for it.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

If you dont have a record of leaving games you're probably not getting dinged for a connection failure.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
you can leave a lot without getting punished for it. the only time ive gotten in trouble for it was when i had serious pc issues that made me crash after 10 minutes of play and it would happen maybe 5+ games in a row. every time you queue you have to wait for 5 minutes before it actually starts matching you but it increases if you start leaving more games. the highest it got for me was a 60 minute punishment queue before every game. if you finish a few games without leaving the punishment queue becomes shorter until it goes away

Char
Jan 5, 2013

Monathin posted:

If you get autofill jungle, just play Warwick. He is probably. The most brain-dead jungler to play, even for people who have never played jungle.

Yeah right now I don't even know the basic routes. Red, rock dudes, bird dudes, wolf dudes, blue, frog? I don't even know how these things are called :stonk:
I should get some basics down.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Char posted:

Yeah right now I don't even know the basic routes. Red, rock dudes, bird dudes, wolf dudes, blue, frog? I don't even know how these things are called :stonk:

Go into the practice tool and try out a jungle clear just to learn what the camps do, or download a replay from one of your recent games and just watch what the junglers do. Also don't forget to buy your jungle item (Machete or Talisman, they give bonus XP when killing jungle camps) to start unless you want to have a bad time. Warwick is hilarious as a beginner jungler because you just build a Black Cleaver as your sole damage item and then pile on the tank stuff and you still do loads of damage and have enough healing in your kit to never die.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Char posted:

https://u.gg/lol/champions/warwick/build/?rank=diamond_plus just use u.gg my dude

For starters just do the buff that your bot lane is near so they help you out. If its blue do the frog and then just go to red buff and hit 3 and try to gank. If its red go to blue and finish the frog and try to gank.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

wait should i not be starting with a buff? i almost always start with whichever buff is near bot

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

Bolstering national faith

Overwhelming millions every day

a fatguy baldspot posted:

wait should i not be starting with a buff? i almost always start with whichever buff is near bot

Do this like 98% of times

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Pretty much the one exception I see sometimes is Kayn players starting raptors just because he takes them so quickly.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

For Warwick I usually do Buffs > Wolves or Gromp > Buff > Scuttle and from there I'll try and find a gank and do whatever camp is closest. If W triggers I'll go and try and put pressure on the lane that triggered if I can. Try and pressure bot early if you can because Warwick can do drake reasonably safe reasonably early (once it's down to half HP, you outsustain it).

Beyond that I am not a good jungler so I don't know poo poo but Warwick's simple to play.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Seconding warwick as an easy ah jungler. Once he gets tiamat his W and passive are enough to take down camps pretty quickly because the W gives passive attack speed when the enemy is below 50%, so you get faster with a few hits and tiamat helps get the rest of the camp below as well until it’s all gone and you move on.

I’ve been playing him a bit with predator/movespeed runes and items and he gets around quite well and the bonus is his R leap distance scales off movement speed so if you activate items just before ulting you can catch them off guard pretty often. Mega fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

the only big downside of warwick is that whiffing his ult feels particularly bad!