Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Mar 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

sincx posted:

You'd think being stuck on a cruise ship quarantined for a deadly disease that's especially deadly for smokers would get people to quit smoking.

It’s a bitch of a habit I can attest

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

sincx posted:

You'd think being stuck on a cruise ship quarantined for a deadly disease that's especially deadly for smokers would get people to quit smoking.

yeah but having nothing to do all day long and being stressed out

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Burt dont go on your big dumb boat ride.

But if you do at least you get to sticky your own thread.

I've already got a title for you. Burt Sexual's Spectacular Extended Vacation on a loving Plague Ship

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Bring a big stack of movies and I guess a Nintendo switch or whatever kids are playing these days. And lots of condoms and lube and sex stuff.

“Orgy in room 204. No sickies. Everyone must wear a mask”

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Gonna need some boner pills

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Cigarettes and boner pills? What do you think this is, the quarantine of Versailles?!

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door
Dustin Hoffman identified patient zero, caught the host animal and got the vaccination formulated in, what, about three days? Why can't China get its act together

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Burt Sexual posted:

This...would be a problem for me. I’d probably die or jump over board

You said you have a balcony room though so you’d be ok.

Also I’d just smoke in the room wtf are they gonna do?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Burt Sexual posted:

This...would be a problem for me. I’d probably die or jump over board

Just get a room with a balcony facing the water. Sure, smoking there is probably still against the rules, but what are they going to do? Throw you off the ship?

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
I was trying to think of the worst person to catch corona virus this year during the global pandemic and then I imagined Bernie catching it while out canvassing for the people. So now you have to imagine it too.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Delthalaz posted:

I was trying to think of the worst person to catch corona virus this year during the global pandemic and then I imagined Bernie catching it while out canvassing for the people. So now you have to imagine it too.

Cspam would be so much fun with Saint Bernard of Sanders passing away

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Delthalaz posted:

If Modi or Trump catch it get ready for a nuclear exchange with China.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

luv me some 4chan conspiracy posts

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Don't post that trash here that's why the cspam thread exists

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Methanar posted:

So china's insane response to this opportunistically taking advantage of the situation to:

Test the public's toleration of the imposition of draconian restrictions
Test capablility to impose draconian restrictions
Test efficacy of lockdown to prevent the spread of a real bio weapon attack
Test results of a large scale lockdown in the event of a crisis

Right?

No.

33% of the governement officials will do whatever it takes in their effort and skills to help fix this and save people suffering
66% of the governement officials will play a game of deflecting the blame and probably sabotaje the efforts of the other 33%

Tei fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Feb 8, 2020

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

QuarkJets posted:

What?

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

So I tried jerking it with a bat but it was not going well as I think it wasn't consensual, and the bat bit me on the dick. So does rabies give me immunity?

Otherwise I'm going to start giving roofies to pangolins.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Dog Toothbrush posted:

Wearing masks is actually an effective prophylactic against spreading the disease and somewhat-to-not-very effective against getting it, kind of important for a disease that’s communicable for weeks before symptoms arise. Performative my rear end

Not really. Masks are one of those things that intuitively should work but the actual effect is very minimal. Surgical masks are basically as useful as hanging a tissue in front of your mouth, and these 95 masks only work if they're perfectly used. Generally the consensus seems to be that masks would have a small effect if people used the perfectly 100 percent of the time, but that's something normal people will find extremely difficult to do. The thing that actually helps is washing your hands and staying home when you're sick.

There is almost not reason for anybody who is sick to go out, except if you live in a third world country where people get no paid sick leave.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/01/25/799007842/coronavirus-faqs-do-masks-help-is-the-disease-really-so-mysterious

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/01/23/health/coronavirus-surgical-masks.amp.html

https://ohsonline.com/Articles/2020...aspx?m=1&Page=1

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

QuarkJets posted:

Lol
They didn’t like it either haha

The Clitoris
Jan 29, 2020

Finding it makes all of your dreams come true

Son of Rodney posted:

There is almost not reason for anybody who is sick to go out, except if you live in a third world country where people get no paid sick leave.

Won't work in America, got it

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Dog Toothbrush posted:

Wearing masks is actually an effective prophylactic against spreading the disease and somewhat-to-not-very effective against getting it, kind of important for a disease that’s communicable for weeks before symptoms arise. Performative my rear end

Hmm, for some reason, the CDC hasn't recommended "wear a mask" in its prevention tips. It's almost like they're aware how wildly ineffective masks are for the general populace. I wonder where they these professionals got that idea from? It couldn't be looking at mask hysteria in China, where folks are hoarding masks that are completely ineffective and, even when they do manage to pick up a properly-rated mask, they're failing utterly to wear them in the correct manner.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

the cdc also doesnt say poo poo about boosting the bodys natural immune system with forsythia, gently caress them

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

If you really want some protection you should eat animals that have mask chi, like jellyfish, mantas and to a lesser degree, bats.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

kinda tempting to waste $250 on a full face mask for my commute to work

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

r u ready to WALK posted:

Lol Jfc

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Oh wait that one does not have the correct filter type to deal with this situation, this one is better

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Mantis42 posted:

the cdc also doesnt say poo poo about boosting the bodys natural immune system with forsythia, gently caress them

Alan Krumwiede is an american hero

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

r u ready to WALK posted:

How expensive and long-lasting are the filters on these things? I'm not convinced they're more economical than just wearing regular masks tbh.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Vegetable posted:

How expensive and long-lasting are the filters on these things? I'm not convinced they're more economical than just wearing regular masks tbh.

Look up how many disposable masks you could get for $250 and unconvince yourself even further.

You don't buy a mask like that because it's "economical".

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

So the world ins't ending then? Disappointing

First ebola, now this?

Myriarch
May 14, 2013

Fartbox posted:

So the world ins't ending then? Disappointing

First ebola, now this?

We're still somewhat on track for Spanish Flu v. 2, if it helps.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
When the hell was ebola going to end the world?

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
If you think that cruise ship is bad right now, wait until the cruise ships can't dock because all the ports are quarantined.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Despera posted:

When the hell was ebola going to end the world?

This forum, circa the last time ebola was flaring up

CPA Hell
Apr 15, 2007

I like to press the number six!

Rabelais D posted:

Dustin Hoffman identified patient zero, caught the host animal and got the vaccination formulated in, what, about three days? Why can't China get its act together

Doesn’t the vaccination also cure people that were already sick too?

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Rabelais D posted:

doesn't that movie end with a nuke?

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Thermal scanners at the festivities in Singapore today, absolutely no masks though. Little India part of the city clearly not too bothered by the threat of coronavirus. I reckon the government’s getting a bit frustrated by “another traveller from Singapore infects people” and wants to look like it’s trying. Didn’t stick around too long, thaipusam is all about elaborate costumes secured to the body by skewers and I’ve not got the stomach to see them putting them in and taking them out.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Thermal scanners at the festivities in Singapore today, absolutely no masks though. Little India part of the city clearly not too bothered by the threat of coronavirus. I reckon the government’s getting a bit frustrated by “another traveller from Singapore infects people” and wants to look like it’s trying. Didn’t stick around too long, thaipusam is all about elaborate costumes secured to the body by skewers and I’ve not got the stomach to see them putting them in and taking them out.

They've escalated their warning level to "Dorscon Orange" yesterday, which just means pointless temp tests in public places (had to pass one to go to cinema), a few cancelled school trips, and panicky old people stocking up on rice and condoms from shops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This new title is not good btw