Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
What are some examples of wrestlers recovering well after undefeated streaks? It seems like most guys either flounder or lose their lustre after their first losses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

karmicknight posted:

Technically, it is punishment for being Syrian, since that resulted in him being explicitly banned from the blood money ppvs.

That sucks. He’s gotta be losing out on some nice cash from ppv paydays

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

oldpainless posted:

That sucks. He’s gotta be losing out on some nice cash from ppv paydays

Oldpainless? More like oldZaynless.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CopywrightMMXI posted:

What are some examples of wrestlers recovering well after undefeated streaks? It seems like most guys either flounder or lose their lustre after their first losses.

Psycho Clown became the top star in AAA after the Psycho Circus undefeated streak ended.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Kurt Angle

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

How many people even buy PPVs anymore, compared to the Network? There can't be THAT many wrestling fans still alive that have a way to get PPV but not the Network.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Bars and stuff still buy PPVs, there are a few places in my lovely town that will run whatever WWE has that month, and now AEWs stuff too.

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos
Interested in this but felt it isn't thread worthy; if wrestling died tomorrow and we knew it was happening in some weird hypothetical, what do you want the final wrestling match ever to be?

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Yukaichiban posted:

Interested in this but felt it isn't thread worthy; if wrestling died tomorrow and we knew it was happening in some weird hypothetical, what do you want the final wrestling match ever to be?

Okada or Jericho vs Gage. I don't need it to to be fantastic, just to happen.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...

Yukaichiban posted:

Maki Itoh vs. Minoru Suzuki.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Yukaichiban posted:

Invisible Man vs Invisible Stan, falls count anywhere, no time limit.

Basically I want Bryce Remsberg to be reffing a match forever.

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos
Guess I should add my own addition

Cena vs Gage.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

okada vs road dogg, 1999 style wwf hardcore match

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bryan Danielson vs Okada please

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I have no idea who Adam Blampied is. Why do I keep seeing things about how he’s back and why should I care?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Punch McLightning posted:

I have no idea who Adam Blampied is. Why do I keep seeing things about how he’s back and why should I care?

British Youtube wrestling pundit who was fired from his position as part of the founding team of Cultaholic for being some sort of sex criminal (or non-criminal sex malfeasance really don't know the details myself). As for caring, probably shouldn't, or at least I really don't and I followed his work prior.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Yukaichiban posted:

Nick Gage v David Arquette

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Blampied repeatedly slid into the DMs of several women asking for nudes and generally being a creep. He then apologized and voluntarily disappeared for a few years. I guess he feels like he’s been in his self-imposed internet jail for long enough now :shrug:

He is a naturally charming guy with a knack for telling stories, be it summarizing someone’s career or fantasy booking an angle. So make of this all what you will, I’m sure you’ll come across him and his work if you follow even a couple of wrestling youtubers

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

extradite THIS! posted:

Blampied repeatedly slid into the DMs of several women asking for nudes and generally being a creep. He then apologized and voluntarily disappeared for a few years. I guess he feels like he’s been in his self-imposed internet jail for long enough now :shrug:

He is a naturally charming guy with a knack for telling stories, be it summarizing someone’s career or fantasy booking an angle. So make of this all what you will, I’m sure you’ll come across him and his work if you follow even a couple of wrestling youtubers

Oh poo poo I had no idea I'd seen this guy until I googled him and at the time I thought he gave some serious creep vibes. Yiiiikes.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yukaichiban posted:

A few years ago I would have said late 2000s Undertaker vs. early 2000s Kobashi, now I'd say Cena vs. Tanahashi but I'd also happily take Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Daniel Bryan in their respective primes as well.

For the record:

- Kobashi defeats Undertaker but it takes TWO Burning Hammers (Taker sits up after the first before Kobashi can go for the pin, Kobashi immediately hits the second to keep him down).
- Cena vs. Tanahashi goes to a time limit draw, ends with a rap/rock concert as Cena raps to a Tanahashi air guitar.
- An unconscious Nakamura flops backwards onto an unconscious Daniel Bryan to get the pin after they KO each other doing Boma Ye/THE KNEE THAT BEAT JOHN CENA simultaneously.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Feb 8, 2020

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
just gimme everything Flair did in 89

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Also it's probably a given that you all know this already provided your Church teaches actual proper theology, but once the world ends everybody who gets to heaven just gets to watch an endless Misawa vs. Okada match.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Yukaichiban posted:

John Cena vs. Randy Orton

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Andrast posted:

John Cena vs. Randy Orton

in an iron man scaffold match

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Randaconda posted:

in an iron man scaffold match

for the custody of Dominick

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Andrast posted:

for the custody of Dominick

:hmmyes:

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

the canonical pro-wrestling finale is the kenny and ibushi wedding episode

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oh but seriously I posted:

the canonical pro-wrestling finale is the mark henry and khali wedding episode

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh

the canonical pro-wrestling finale is the billy and chuck wedding episode

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

the canonical pro-wrestling finale is the dawn marie and al wilson wedding episode

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

the canonical pro-wrestling finale is the lana and lashley wedding episode

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

CopywrightMMXI posted:

shingo takagi was on an unbeaten streak after joining new japan (his teams had lost in multiman matches but he had never personally been the one to eat the pin or tap out) until losing to will ospreay in the bosj final.

he moved up to heavyweight after that, had a middling record in the g-1, and when he wasn't booked for anything for the dome beyond a pre-show guantlet match for the least important titles in the company some people started to wonder if they were still high on him. he immediately followed that up with beating goto in a main event for the never title, holds two belts, and seems to be in line for a very respectable push.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Mr. Perfect lost his unbeaten streak to Warrior, but had a program with Hogan and became one of the best IC champs ever afterwards.

Man, Perfect absolutely could have been a decent WWE champion.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Perfect could also be face or heel with very little tweaking. You'd go from liking him because he was perfect to hating him because he was perfect.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Who’s the greatest jobber?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Yukaichiban posted:

Katsuyori Shibata vs. Tyson Kidd

Stipulation: You'll know when it's over.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'd like KO/Sami vs Kenny/Hangman as a battle of possibly imploding friendships among amazing workers

This would obviously be the opener for Bryan vs Cody, the battle for everyone's souls.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

The Lord of Hats posted:

Barry Horowitz

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Lord of Hats posted:

Brad Armstrong, in ring, was probably the best jobber ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos

The Lord of Hats posted:

TNA. Jobbed for 15 years changed their gimmick and are still jobbing but they just keep getting back up.