Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Blasphemy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Cugel the Clever posted:

More specifically, a Russian hospital, because "those decadent American ones just try to hawk more drugs on you and aren't manly enough!"

I was talking to vasudus about this and its because he wanted to quit cold turkey and no US rehab would let him do that (instead of slowly weaning him off) and now he can't walk or type lol

Alaan
May 24, 2005

I already thought he was a piece of poo poo but the fact of the author of cure your depression with meat was using medication to treat his own is really icing on the cake.

BurningChrome
Jan 18, 2020

They said she cooked her own cancers for people who crossed her, rococo custom variations that took years to kill you. They said a lot of things about Chrome, none of them at all reassuring.

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

I was talking to vasudus about this and its because he wanted to quit cold turkey and no US rehab would let him do that (instead of slowly weaning him off) and now he can't walk or type lol

Positive result then, since its him.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
The dude should know enough to remember from his loving career that cold turkey benzo withdrawal CAN actually kill a human if they were that hooked. Unfortunate that wasn't the case this time.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
https://twitter.com/dick_nixon/status/1226210980742467585?s=19

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
I mean gently caress Joe but :drat:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

FrozenVent posted:

Blasphemy.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

It would be extremely funny if Jordan Peterson wakes up and is like "I wrote a book about WHAT? Huge with the what right? Lobsters? Are you kidding me?"

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

maffew buildings posted:

No, unfortunately he hasn't been de-platformed (or died outright) for being a racist misogynist, he spent time in the hospital for benzo withdrawal because he's a little bitch who can't handle his drugs

There are other ways you could have worded this. Do so in the future.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

McNally posted:

There are other ways you could have worded this. Do so in the future.

Not to be a dick, but why?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

bulletsponge13 posted:

Not to be a dick, but why?

Because I'm not wild about casual misogyny in language.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Either 1) because "like a little bitch" is a gendered insult. I got probated for using the C word because it's a gendered insult and apparently that's just as bad as using the R word or using a gay slur now.

Or 2) because he was wishing death upon a horrible, terrible human being that is actively doing harm to people and society as a result of that.

Edit: beaten

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Feb 8, 2020

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Wait. Does that mean that Smoke Crack isn't a bitch anymore?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1226222654019035142?s=20

lmao

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

https://twitter.com/carterforva/status/1226193905546416128

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

A Bad Poster posted:

Wait. Does that mean that Smoke Crack isn't a bitch anymore?

It just needs to be worded differently. His status hasn't changed.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I like how the B&W version is used so you technically cannot refute that it has been photoshopped.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Oh hey cool it's the logical outcome of politicians jerking off about how important their military service is.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

So not that I’m a Buttigieg supporter but one of the tweet replies pointed out that Carter is likely thinking of “service” as purely a military thing when it could also include an expanded or incentivized Americorps or Peace Corps as well. I like the idea in theory but in practice I’d suspect there’s gonna be a lot of kids stuck in lovely jobs while wealthier ones somehow get to fetch cigars for their R congressman for their gerrymandered district at their local country club or something.

Edit: actually I hope it’s military service because I can’t wait to see the attack ads about YOUR CHILDREN being forced to serve in GAY PETE’S GAY CONSCRIPT ARMY.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

pantslesswithwolves posted:

So not that I’m a Buttigieg supporter but one of the tweet replies pointed out that Carter is likely thinking of “service” as purely a military thing when it could also include an expanded or incentivized Americorps or Peace Corps as well. I like the idea in theory but in practice I’d suspect there’s gonna be a lot of kids stuck in lovely jobs while wealthier ones somehow get to fetch cigars for their R congressman for their gerrymandered district at their local country club or something.

Edit: actually I hope it’s military service because I can’t wait to see the attack ads about YOUR CHILDREN being forced to serve in GAY PETE’S GAY CONSCRIPT ARMY.

I'd be okay with 2 years of mandatory national service, if the service was 1) paid, and 2) had a wide variety of options that wouldn't just be PEACE CORPS OR MILITARY, YOU PICK.

Having the optiond be Peace Corps, USAID, working for a real charity like Habitat for Humanity, an expanded/new version of the Civilian Conservation Corps for keeping up our national parks, working for the local animal shelter, food pantry or soup kitchen. Or, of course, joining the military.

Though you're right, the wealthy kids will always find cushy poo poo. It'd be nice if they were forced to do real work for a couple years and be exposed to other classes, ethnicities, and cultures.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

pantslesswithwolves posted:

not that I’m a Buttigieg supporter

YOUR CHILDREN being forced to serve in GAY PETE’S GAY CONSCRIPT ARMY.

you're doing a good job of selling me on him tho :birdthunk:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

McNally posted:

Because I'm not wild about casual misogyny in language.

Ok. Fair. I don't agree, but understand. Thanks for explaining.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
So that thai mass shooter is still alive and hanging out in a mall.

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsBreak/status/1226180983013203968?s=19

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

Lol perfect

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Honestly I'm conflicted about the idea of mandatory service. On one hand, mandatory service sucks, and I sure as hell don't want Trump 2.0: Now With Competence™ to have a legion of conscripts at his disposal. On the other hand, we effectively already have mandatory service for many people, as a means to escape poverty. But since it's legally voluntary, we can easily brush off sending them to die in forever wars as "they knew what they signed up for".

So, land of contrasts, etc.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
It'd be great if everyone was a veteran so you wouldn't have the veterans that keep trying to get the public to suck their dick, but I'd never wish military life on the average person.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
I want to hang out w AOC

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1225641877895966721?s=19

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I bet Pete lifted that idea from 2008 Obama.

Then, it was more about civic service than our thing, but who knows with Mayor Pete? I doubt he knows. gently caress him.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

not caring here posted:

It'd be great if everyone was a veteran so you wouldn't have the veterans that keep trying to get the public to suck their dick, but I'd never wish military life on the average person.

If it could shut people the gently caress up about starting more wars, I'd be all for it. But 2020 and all, it'd just make more nazis.

Anyone overenthusiastic about handling weapons would need a navy desk job on a boat in the middle of the pacific.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Here's the deep dive on Donnie Orangeglo.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2020/2/8/21129275/trump-tan-line-face-photo

Basically, it's real. Vox has an official gettysimage of it, but the photo Twitter account is still shady.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Never doubted Trumple Orangeskin picture was real.

Funny that it's eating up a portion of the news cycle though.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

drat she short.

Edit: How is the narrative not "The swamp is TERRIFIED of this tiny person!"

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

She’s amazing.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Pete seems like the guy who took the Terran Federation's "Service guarantees Citizenship" thing at face value

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

FrozenVent posted:

drat she short.

Edit: How is the narrative not "The swamp is TERRIFIED of this tiny person!"

Shes as tall standing as they are sitting on the stools.

Eulogistics
Aug 30, 2012
I've tried wearing those construction boots, but they're uncomfortable as gently caress. When I'm doing construction-y work, I either wear military boots or hiking/trail boots.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

universal service, but going to war requires a majority vote of possible voters aged 17-35 and not merely those that show up to vote.

edit: real talk universal service wouldn't make up for the fact that the risk of death is being shouldered more and more on a select few. A squad of kids out of high school dying is a tragedy, a staff sergeant on his third enlistment in a SF unit catching a round to the head is a noble sacrifice by a professional soldier that knew what he signed up for

PookBear fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Feb 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Eulogistics posted:

I've tried wearing those construction boots, but they're uncomfortable as gently caress. When I'm doing construction-y work, I either wear military boots or hiking/trail boots.

Neat.