Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Bobby Digital posted:

nah they’re still married aren’t they

touche

also, this plus the news about rush getting terminal cancer in the same week? looks like christmas has indeed come early this year

(or late from last year depending how you wanna look at it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Siljmonster posted:

Lol Jordans not addicted to benzos he's addicted to opiods

why do you assume XOR? they hit different chemical receptors and combining them at recreational doses is a reliable way to get dead (commendable goal, if that's your thing) but you can totally get down on benzos while numbing yourself to oblivion on painkillers.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
benzos will gently caress your life up

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

benzos will gently caress your life up

I had a stupid doctor who put me on them for several years straight. They are indeed bad news.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Spergin Morlock posted:

I had a stupid doctor who put me on them for several years straight. They are indeed bad news.

....years??

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.

Zeroisanumber posted:

He possibly had some sort of a stroke due to drug use and his crazy diet. Anyway he's taken himself straight out of the grift game.

Seizures are common in benzo withdrawal. Seize, aspirate vomit, get an anoxic brain injury, publish a youtube lecture series where you pantomime a lobster

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
It rules that his daughter probably killed him and is trying to figure out how to weekend at bernie's his grift while maintaining her own.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Mr Interweb posted:

....years??

Yes. Five loving years. I used to fall asleep in random places and would frequently sleep 36 hours. I would complain to the doc occasionally and she would say "hmmm sounds like you're having panic attacks. Let's add .5mg per day and see how it goes" and I wasnt really able to push back on it because I was so muddled all the time. She ended up losing her license after giving some kid so much risperdal that he developed severe tardive dyskinesia. That ended about 15 years ago and I barely remember any of it. It took years to recover from it and even to this day I can tell my memory is still a bit degraded in general

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
What was the highest dose you were on?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Jose posted:

What was the highest dose you were on?

At the worst point it was a 3mg XR every day plus however many 0.5mg ones I would take per day on top of it. I realize other people get a lot higher than that but to be that way for years was a mindfuck. Literally

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Bushiz posted:

It rules that his daughter probably killed him and is trying to figure out how to weekend at bernie's his grift while maintaining her own.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

The funniest thing about Jorps daughter is that she pretty transparently wants to get in on the grift but can't actually take her dad's place because his fans would never listen to a woman.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Circuitjerky posted:

Working in a detox for the better part of 10 years and I've seen some bad detoxes but never anything like that. Though I work at an inner city one in a low income area so its probably a bit different then the pampered comfort the expensive places try to do, which is what I'm guessing jorp went through. Usual protocol is phenobarbital for 10 days then monitor in a clinical setting. The bad cases get tegretol after the pheno is done.

My guess is Peterson couldnt actually handle the detox and shopped around until he found some shady Russian clinic that promised to knock him out for the entire detox and now he has brain damage

Also reminder that he specialized in addiction treatment and said he didn't know benzos were addictive

B-Rock452 has issued a correction as of 14:32 on Feb 8, 2020

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It's kinda funny how the narrative they're going with though is "American corporate health care is corrupt and owned by Big Pharma and just tries to sell you more drugs, whereas Russian health care is pure and efficient"

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

This goes a long way toward explaining how that cover of Our Carnivore Diet ended up getting approved as-is

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

still lollin that the russian doctor's post-coma treatment for is just "MORE BENZOS"

we're gonna find out six months after he dies of the world's biggest brain zap that he was chomping some truly insane amount like 10mg a day or something

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Data Graham posted:

It's kinda funny how the narrative they're going with though is "American corporate health care is corrupt and owned by Big Pharma and just tries to sell you more drugs, whereas Russian health care is pure and efficient"

It's especially funny because they're, y'know, Canadian.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
jorp's just training for his new career on the phenazepam ambulance

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Holy poo poo he's blaming sulphites? That's gout. And it's more likely to be caused by things like cold cuts or mass produced beers than anything else. It's entirely likely that his carnivore diet is specifically to blame for physical ailments that he's self-medicating with benzos.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
I call dibs on his Soviet artwork when jorp kicks it

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I miss the dedicated Jordan Peterson thread.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Lol the guy who was supposed to be the new preeminent thinker for conservatism is dying from a combination of his adherence to his own made-up belief system and a failure to learn anything real from his academic specialization in addiction.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Jordan Peterson read up on addiction and thought himself into a new form of it just by being a dumbass.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
maybe he wasnt really on the all-meat diet and was just eating benzos instead of meat

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
all-joose diet

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

poor jorp; thought of apples and died

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
his years of occult research have culminated in a magic whistle from zelda except it teleports him to a hospital halfway across the world

Bearded Whiteguy
Mar 2, 2018

I APPROPRIATE THE PLIGHT OF OTHER RACES TO FILL THE VOID OF BEING A FAT USELESS FUCK

B-Rock452 posted:

My guess is Peterson couldnt actually handle the detox and shopped around until he found some shady Russian clinic that promised to knock him out for the entire detox and now he has brain damage

Also reminder that he specialized in addiction treatment and said he didn't know benzos were addictive

Siljmonster posted:

Jordan Peterson read up on addiction and thought himself into a new form of it just by being a dumbass.

Just to be clear, not only did Jorp specialize in addiction, he was an extremely respected researcher on it. It’s what made him. He was mentored by the father of modern addiction therapy and their work back in the 80s and early 90s is still cited today. This is why he got on Canadian TV shows originally and made tenure.

I’m saying this because I need you all to be on the same page with me here. Jorp, early on in his career, was a major influence on modern addiction therapy. The therapy that he was probably given when suffering from addiction that he refused. This is too poetic.

Also, one of the issues his daughter mention was that he was have uncontrollable body anxiety and inability to sit still which has been known to happen when you have been mis-prescribed benzos.... and eat nothing but meat. Furthermore, being put in a medically induced coma for benzo addiction is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard. He definitely got brain damage while being in a coma because of either a stroke or seizure and probably wasn’t noticed because he was on a goddamn coma.

So not only is this brain injury entirely his own making, he literally did the research that would’ve saved him and he refused it. That’s next level :psyduck:

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Bearded Whiteguy posted:

Just to be clear, not only did Jorp specialize in addiction, he was an extremely respected researcher on it. It’s what made him. He was mentored by the father of modern addiction therapy and their work back in the 80s and early 90s is still cited today. This is why he got on Canadian TV shows originally and made tenure.

I’m saying this because I need you all to be on the same page with me here. Jorp, early on in his career, was a major influence on modern addiction therapy. The therapy that he was probably given when suffering from addiction that he refused. This is too poetic.

Also, one of the issues his daughter mention was that he was have uncontrollable body anxiety and inability to sit still which has been known to happen when you have been mis-prescribed benzos.... and eat nothing but meat. Furthermore, being put in a medically induced coma for benzo addiction is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard. He definitely got brain damage while being in a coma because of either a stroke or seizure and probably wasn’t noticed because he was on a goddamn coma.

So not only is this brain injury entirely his own making, he literally did the research that would’ve saved him and he refused it. That’s next level :psyduck:

that owns

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
physician, clean thine own room

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
so the "clean up your room, bucko" pseudo intellectual conservative may die as a bigger neurotic trainwreck than any of the leftists he mocked and dismissed, huh.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Equeen posted:

so the "clean up your room, bucko" pseudo intellectual conservative may die as a bigger neurotic trainwreck than any of the leftists he mocked and dismissed, huh.

just reminded me of one of the best debate moments of all time, when Jorp went on a screed about SJW Marxist professors and Zizek asked him to name one and he couldn't

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

jordan peterson will come out of his russian induced coma and be too powerful for even zizek to destroy

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Bearded Whiteguy posted:

From his daughter's description of the treatment in the article I'm guessing that he might've been somewhat mentally disabled by his addiction and she ended up making treatment decisions. It sounds like she wanted to try something stupid like knocking him out and then just letting the withdrawal happen while he was zonked. The American doctors told her that was stupid so she hosed off to Russia where some shady clinic tried her idiot idea and ended up crippling Jorp.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i really hope jordan's daughter got that idea from the episode of house where they induce a ketamine coma after he was shot and it helps him get off his painkiller addiction by the next season

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

the reality is jorp spiraled into addiction and depression because he was so thoroughly and publicly owned by a marxist philosopher he couldnt live with himself any more, and then he had to go be saved by a doctor who was educated in communist medicine in the Soviet Union. if he survives his only way to maintain sanity will be to become a full fledged tankie.

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

the reality is jorp spiraled into addiction and depression because he was so thoroughly and publicly owned by a marxist philosopher he couldnt live with himself any more, and then he had to go be saved by a doctor who was educated in communist medicine in the Soviet Union. if he survives his only way to maintain sanity will be to become a full fledged tankie.

(kermit the frog voice) the truth of the matter is, that issues of race or transgenderism, are merely a distraction, from the class war. for a positive example, we should look towards the People's Republic,

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Was the klan rally that was supposed to happen today even real?

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

going into a coma and losing the ability to walk and type to own the libs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

i’m dyin, bucko