Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Toxic Mental posted:

Legit thinking about putting money on my credit card to go for Bloomberg NO in a bunch of places.

Like, he’s at 10% in Oregon. Are you loving kidding me.

Bloomberg at 18c in Cali :prepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Jenny Agutter posted:

Bloomberg at 18c in Cali :prepop:

To lose? Where's the link?

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Injuryprone posted:

To lose? Where's the link?

to win. seems high

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Broke even, gently caress this I'm out. Legal document bullshit.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

My SC position is "Biden No" that I bought in the low 30s a couple months ago, everything else is Bernie to win in post-Super Tuesday contests that I bought the last day or two. If Biden collapses (again, lol) in NH I might just cash in early if that gets to 80.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Are people betting on Bloomberg to win anything ever like, expecting the debate stage to blow up and take out the other 5 people ahead of him?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Jenny Agutter posted:

to win. seems high

He has no name of face or personality recognition outside of New York except “isn’t that some TV channel for bankers or something”

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

kasich also had nonzero numbers for winning in early 2016

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
got my $.08/share off of Bernie in Iowa, closing in on $35 in this account

bernies not just gonna forgive my student loans, he's gonna pay for a fast casual date night, *maybe* drinks if he gets a bump in the south

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Every drat time I say I'm not gonna get in on the speaking time markets and now I have half my money in Bernie .99s

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
oh there's a thread for this

I invested thousands on bernie feel free to tell me what a bad decision that was lmfao

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Tetracube posted:

oh there's a thread for this

I invested thousands on bernie feel free to tell me what a bad decision that was lmfao

depends on when you did it; people that realized he wasn't dropping out after the heart attack are making a killing

in general i don't bet on what i want to happen, keeps my emotions in check. except for the siren song of debate speaking time

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pro tip - buy Steyer Yes for Dem nominee now while it's 1 cent, because when he does well in SC he'll shoot up to where Bloomberg is at now (around 22 cents) and then you can sell and make your money.

Do NOT hold Steyer Yes for long if this strategy works, he is obviously not going to win the nomination.

I took seven bucks and threw it on this strategy, got 700 shares. If he even hits 10 cents, that's $70 right there

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

i say swears online posted:

depends on when you did it; people that realized he wasn't dropping out after the heart attack are making a killing

I did it like, one day before the heart attack lol

today I went in and bet like $100 on every single state, which I should've done ages ago

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I also spent a lot of extra money on IL because I meant to buy in a different state

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

looks like the Iowa market may be on the move again soon

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Toxic Mental posted:

Legit thinking about putting money on my credit card to go for Bloomberg NO in a bunch of places.

Like, he’s at 10% in Oregon. Are you loving kidding me.

Don't do this lol

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lol what is this Bloomberg surge in Florida? is it entirely people thinking Jewish retirees are going to come out en masse for him

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol what is this Bloomberg surge in Florida? is it entirely people thinking Jewish retirees are going to come out en masse for him

My best guess (on all these markets) is that $850 times 50 primary markets times 10 people is a rounding error compared to Bloomberg’s ad spend that he’s buying the shares simply to create a narrative.

edit: and that’s why I haven’t bought the “no” side on more of these insanely overpriced shares, because if he gets 10 more people to bet, those prices will be twice as high as they currently are.

edit2: yeah I didn’t even do the math on that, but it would only take about $1200 to take the price of Bloomberg in Florida to 60 cents.

CassandraZara has issued a correction as of 02:42 on Feb 9, 2020

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

FL is later in the process, like two weeks and another 8-10 primaries after Super Tuesday. Biden will be finished by then, and probably everyone else besides Bernie and maybe Buttigieg will be as well.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
Just sold my 200 Bernie IA shares for 40c (bought for 10c) because I'm sick of this bullshit

gently caress Iowa, gently caress caucuses, gently caress that market, I'm fuckin' OUT

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I keep thinking about selling my IA shares but every time I'm about to the Bernie campaign releases a statement like "no we're going to contest this actually"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
honestly the best reward in iowa is reading the discussion board for the market because its been a solid week of people melting down and yelling

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I made the mistake of buying "winner of IA wins NH" losing a good chunk right noe but hoping when thr results start rolling out it swings up really quick so I can at least break even

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I’m just glad I swore to not put more than $10 into the predict it system.

cyka blyat
Sep 12, 2018

1999. What appeared to be a harmless meteorite crashing in the Nevada desert has turned out to be Darc Seed, an evil alien creature with horrible powers. By shooting strange magnetic rays, Darc Seed had turned the helpless nation into zombies and had brought the Statue of Liberty to life to do his dirty work. These rays had also given him control over many deadly weapons, but none were more powerful than the legendary samurai sword, Shura. When the great head of the samurai, Namakubi, heard that the sword had fallen into evil hands, he set off immediately for the United States. For only he possessed the strength and knowledge needed to recapture the magical sword and free the U.S. from the evil clutches of Darc Seed.

That Tom Steyer tip is pretty brilliant. He is gonna shoot up in value and we are gonna make some moola. I think im gonna put a sale order on 10c and not 23c where bloomberg is though

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

cyka blyat posted:

That Tom Steyer tip is pretty brilliant. He is gonna shoot up in value and we are gonna make some moola. I think im gonna put a sale order on 10c and not 23c where bloomberg is though

Yup, I did the same thing. He probably won't get up to Bloomberg levels but he'll definitely get pumped up a bit after doing "surprisingly" well in SC, and it's a pretty low risk investment at 1 cent.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Ah gently caress Steyer's already up to 2 cents lol. That was a good pick while it lasted though

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

you can roll the dice on any Super Tuesday state. Minnesota is still at a cent.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jewel Repetition posted:

Ah gently caress Steyer's already up to 2 cents lol. That was a good pick while it lasted though

Just put in more buy orders at 1 cent and wait, they'll get filled.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I hope everyone got out of Bernie Yes in Iowa

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I sold my last shares early today for a 5 dollar profit (to blow on 1 cent klobuchar shares for some reason. I'm bad at this)

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

WampaLord posted:

well I didn't but I can still make a profit if I-

https://twitter.com/jeffzeleny/status/1226661999905472513

THE RIDE NEVER ENDS

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Tetracube posted:

well I didn't but I can still make a profit if I-

https://twitter.com/jeffzeleny/status/1226661999905472513

THE RIDE NEVER ENDS

I WANT TO GET OFF MR. PREDICTIT'S WILD RIDE

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Steyer winning the general is at 1 cent too, though it probably won't go up as much. for reference, liz winning the general is at 2 cents, klob or hillary winning the general is at 3 cents, and Joe is at 7 cents

cyka blyat
Sep 12, 2018

1999. What appeared to be a harmless meteorite crashing in the Nevada desert has turned out to be Darc Seed, an evil alien creature with horrible powers. By shooting strange magnetic rays, Darc Seed had turned the helpless nation into zombies and had brought the Statue of Liberty to life to do his dirty work. These rays had also given him control over many deadly weapons, but none were more powerful than the legendary samurai sword, Shura. When the great head of the samurai, Namakubi, heard that the sword had fallen into evil hands, he set off immediately for the United States. For only he possessed the strength and knowledge needed to recapture the magical sword and free the U.S. from the evil clutches of Darc Seed.

TeenageArchipelago posted:

Steyer winning the general is at 1 cent too, though it probably won't go up as much. for reference, liz winning the general is at 2 cents, klob or hillary winning the general is at 3 cents, and Joe is at 7 cents

The difference is that Steyer stands a good chance of actually doing well in SC, whereas Liz's campaign is DOA everywhere, Hillary ismt even running, Joe is self aabotaging. Klob i see doing a solid 3rd in NH and risinf in points. The others are poor choices.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Finally got in on Steyer :getin:

WampaLord posted:

I did, and made a profit, but I'm still pissed

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
hows bootygeg NH

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

NH 2nd place seems like it's giving way too much credit to Klob, who hasn't polled in 2nd a single time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

only a real gambler would bet against klobmentum