Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
new Sylosis out too for those of you that don't check the metal thread, i figure they're up at least someone's alley

haven't listened yet but their other output is excellent

new polaris out in 2 weeks. get loving hype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
  • I've probably inadvertently stolen more arpeggio riffs from Envy than from any other band in existence. They're also one of my top 10 bands.
  • Middleton helped Architects recover and that's awesome.
  • Polaris loving rules.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

kumba posted:

am i the only person who has always wondered how anyone listens to converge

i again tried to listen to jane doe just last week and lasted about 30 seconds. something about their sound just immediately makes me want to turn it off

Axe to Fall was the album that got me into them.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

XIII posted:

https://youtu.be/cHpuxA7jMQQ

Been looking forward to this Orthodox tape for a few months now and it doesn't disappoint. Don't sleep on this.

going through it now but two things immediately piss me off

- the opening track is one minute of nothing garbage gently caress noise, when will bands cut this out completely? we got some musicians itt why do y'all do this? pls stop

- one of their singles on spotify is a song that shares the same name as the actual album, so whenever i ask my google homes to play "let it take its course by orthodox" it will without fail default to the single with one song :downs:

e: regarding converge

i hate jane doe and absolutely will not listen to it, but you fail me and on is mostly good stuff but i never listen to a full album. no heroes doesn't get a lot of love but if i'm at a converge show where they play hellbound, i'm losing my poo poo all over everybody at 0:44

actually, now that i'm jumping around converge's disco yeah they mostly suck, actually

ShoogaSlim fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Feb 7, 2020

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Oh I guess Code Orange has a new drummer.

Wark Say posted:

I originally thought that the closest thing to Metalcore AC/DC would be Every Time I Die or Converge.

Only difference is that I can actually stomach listening to more than one song of either Every Time I Die or Converge in a row.

Every Time I Die is the Thin Lizzy of metalcore.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Wark Say posted:

• I've probably inadvertently stolen more arpeggio riffs from Envy than from any other band in existence. They're also one of my top 10 bands.

Envy are so loving good. All The Footprints... might be the singlemost important album I've ever listened to in terms of shaping my taste.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Feb 8, 2020

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Loathe - I Let It In and It Took Everything dropped yesterday. These two songs are on the same album :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQzxNLfAW8o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KNtbBLr9gw

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
Whole thing good top to bottom. RIYL deftones

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

loathe album rules

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Beelzebozo posted:

there's a lot of metalcore bands in a weird Deftones lane aren't there. Northlane springs to mind, and yeah this record too

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Beelzebozo posted:

I legit can't stop listening to it. Glad some others ITT are on board

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Yeah, that Loathe tape is good. Thanks for the rec

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Not from the album, but a freaking insanely tight live performance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DaPwOa4u7A

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
God drat that Loathe album is really good. Definitely fills that Deftones Diamond Eyes era fix I've needed.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
EDIT: Missed that it's already been mentioned 😅 but yeah, listen to this album

Orthodox released their debut album Friday — definitely check it out if you're into modern chaotic hardcore mixed with a little nu-metal like Vein, Varials, Boundaries, Left Behind etc.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzkjDp_eMXk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM9pXyP1lCs

Eight Is Legend fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Feb 10, 2020

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

there's a lot of metalcore bands in a weird Deftones lane aren't there. Northlane springs to mind, and yeah this record too
It helps that Chino has helped a number of screamo/metalcore bands with collabs, both live and in the studio.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=827CZ4Qs0as

really like this album

Parachute
May 18, 2003
i told a young lady in a counterparts shirt at the gym 'nice shirt' and she immediately hit me with some gatekeeper "oh whats your favorite song? they are awesome live and really nice people etc" and i felt like i just got boomered back to the stone age. so i asked her to check out seeyouspacecowboy and went back to Exercise

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Parachute posted:

i told a young lady in a counterparts shirt at the gym 'nice shirt' and she immediately hit me with some gatekeeper "oh whats your favorite song? they are awesome live and really nice people etc" and i felt like i just got boomered back to the stone age. so i asked her to check out seeyouspacecowboy and went back to Exercise

Out of curiosity, how did you expect her to react?

e: like I'm trying to avoid being snarky but the post makes it seem like you made a comment about a band t-shirt and then got weirded out when it turned out she actually likes that band?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, it sorta reads like she was like "OH! You like 'em too?" in that she's seen them live and would've probably hi-fived you once she finished her reps or what-have-you.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

just be like "jk all their songs loving suck and you can't lift" then quit your gym membership and never speak to other humans again

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ShoogaSlim posted:

just be like "jk all their songs loving suck and you can't lift" then quit your gym membership and never speak to other humans again

This pains me but Shooga is right, your mistake was trying to interact with another human.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I talked to someone once, I have some regrets

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Out of curiosity, how did you expect her to react?

e: like I'm trying to avoid being snarky but the post makes it seem like you made a comment about a band t-shirt and then got weirded out when it turned out she actually likes that band?

oh i kind of just expected a "thanks" like a normal person not to meet a goon in the wild

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Parachute posted:

oh i kind of just expected a "thanks" like a normal person not to meet a goon in the wild

I mean, it sounds like she wanted to talk about them more like the other folks said.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
SeeYouSpaceCowboy rips and it reminds me of a particular brand of scenecore that I hafta admit I sorely miss.

Wamsutta posted:

I talked to someone once, I have some regrets
I talk to people all the time and I wish I talked with them more. No loving regrets. Especially if they like stuff that's not even in my radar. :)

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Inspector_666 posted:

I mean, it sounds like she wanted to talk about them more like the other folks said.

talking? this aint thumbs and gums day!

Inspector_666 posted:

This pains me but Shooga is right, your mistake was trying to interact with another human.

i cant stop people from talking to me everywhere else i go, so i should just treat the gym like the social isolationist sanctuary it is (usually).

SchwarzeKrieg
Apr 15, 2009
The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > No Music Discussion > Metalcore/Deathcore/Whatever-core Discussion: I complimented someone's shirt and she started talking to me about it lmao what a weirdo

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Parachute posted:

talking? this aint thumbs and gums day!

i cant stop people from talking to me everywhere else i go, so i should just treat the gym like the social isolationist sanctuary it is (usually).

If you don't want to talk to people maybe don't start talking to them, hth

Parachute
May 18, 2003
maybe y'all misunderstood that this interaction was roughly 10 seconds in total time, not like sitting around gabbing about war stories from the pit.

Snow Cone Capone posted:

If you don't want to talk to people maybe don't start talking to them, hth

whoa slow down there dr ruth

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Parachute posted:

maybe y'all misunderstood that this interaction was roughly 10 seconds in total time, not like sitting around gabbing about war stories from the pit.

lol just stop man

SchwarzeKrieg
Apr 15, 2009
Anyway here's a Benighted song feat. Jamey Jasta
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03IlhVthbeg

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

SchwarzeKrieg posted:

Anyway here's a Benighted song

:unsmith:

SchwarzeKrieg posted:

feat. Jamey Jasta

:smith:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
A rollercoaster of emotions in two smilies and one post. Dang.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Lol maybe dude's so used to getting shrugged off by girls that he was thrown off when she was down to talk -core. Anyway, she seems rad. Give her my number

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
New Polaris track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuiAUi89yKA

It's real good.

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Feb 14, 2020

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
All 3 of these Polaris singles and all 3 of these Invent, Animate singles have been complete bangers. Excited to get two real strong aoty contenders in the next few weeks.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

gently caress

Beelzebozo posted:

All 3 of these Polaris singles and all 3 of these Invent, Animate singles have been complete bangers. Excited to get two real strong aoty contenders in the next few weeks.

had no idea Invent, Animate had new material out, i loved their last one. listening now

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

And for completeness, even though I'm gonna get zero support on this one, the new Reflections single out today is also the strongest of their 3. Very glad to have them back. They're one of those bands/sounds that I don't question/fault anybody who says they don't get it. But like, I fuckin get it real hard. It's kinda like The Browning. Play one song; didn't like it? Great, I can save you a ton of time on the rest of them. It's not gonna click for you later. Anyway, if you like drop f 7-string djent with brown notes and proggy wheedly-deedlies then clicky here, I guess
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7Iee30RShA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

New Silent Planet track totally rips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=928l9OH9DW4