Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Mesadoram posted:

Wait, was this already released on the NA servers, I thought sales only went up twice? I thought the times were 7 AM ET and 7 PM ET?

I feel so dumb :smith:

For the cheap seats:

- The LeFUHH was supposed to be the last offer before WG fixed the times for NA to match the other time zones.
- The time for the next sale changed from 11am Eastern to 11pm as soon as the time came.
- The tank listed for sale was the SU-76G FT, which is a Chinese T4 tech tree TD, for 15000g, but the art was the SU-76i, mythical tank of lore that's since been power-crept but remains the lust-worthy object of :airquote: tank collectors :airquote:.
- To add to the clusterfuck, the 15000g price was supposedly a typo as well, but given how many people bought it and how quickly, my guess is that it's certainly gonna be the price *now*.

I mean, they sold the Pz2G and BT-SV for $100 before in bundles, $60 in gold for ~THE RAREST TANK IN THE GAME*~ isn't a stretch.

* it's far from the rarest tank in the game

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Feb 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

https://twitter.com/worldoftanks/status/1225514940729057280

This was the plan. NA for some technical reason is about 5 minutes behind schedule. They saw what happened on Asia/EU/RU and stopped the update before it went live on NA.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
and today? :lol:

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
Jesus, what the absolute gently caress is going on there!

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

everything that is going on is a perfect metaphor for wging and this games entire existence

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

BadLlama posted:

everything that is going on is a perfect metaphor for wging and this games entire existence

This guy was more right than he knew:

SpannerX posted:

So what time is the next BM for NA?

💩

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Mmm, this seems like status quo for them.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Actual SU-76i is now up on NA.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

saintonan posted:

Actual SU-76i is now up on NA.

Of loving course it is.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
So they just sold 2 seal clubbers in a row? Do they not want new players ?

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Maybe they'll sell the Pz2j later tonight.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Let me guess, sold out in two seconds?

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

they shoulda brought back frontline instead. really hosed up.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Frontline should be the main game mode.

Kill of 15v15.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

MariusLecter posted:

Frontline should be the main game mode.

Kill of 15v15.

Kill off this loving EU playerbase. How the hell did I finish top when I got blown up within three minutes?

Oh right, because I was the only fucker left on my team.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

ROFLburger posted:

they shoulda brought back frontline instead. really hosed up.

Agreed. I miss frontlines. Im saving all of my credit boosters for when it comes back so I can seriously grind credits and be rich for next year's BM.

SpannerX posted:

So they just sold 2 seal clubbers in a row? Do they not want new players ?

Whats wrong with new players getting dunked on by veterans? Its taught new players like me to work around them and learn. Besides when they get to where I am; OP tanks are kind of the norm around here now. (And yeah I know I don't have room to talk.)

Trip report on the lag as its died down a bit since yesterday. Played a couple solo rounds and I had one hiccup for a brief moment. Nothing too serious. So here is hoping it gets fully cleared up soon.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Since there's not really a rush with 'auction'-style events (other than getting a bid in during the 8h window), please keep in mind that the 'sticker price' for the Caern AX is 10,500g, and that's what it'll sell for during the next Bazaar/Advent Calendar-style event. Don't overbid for it.

My guess is WG's getting extremely valuable demographic data from this, and when an idiot bids 25k+ gold for a tank that 'costs' 10.5k simply so they can have the joy of winning for once in a game they excel at losing in, it lets them know they can charge more in the long run for new premiums.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Feb 8, 2020

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Katamari Democracy posted:

Whats wrong with new players getting dunked on by veterans? Its taught new players like me to work around them and learn. Besides when they get to where I am; OP tanks are kind of the norm around here now. (And yeah I know I don't have room to talk.)

Because that kind of experience discourages new players from sticking with the game. When you keep losing and you don't know why because you don't understand the arcane mechanics, you're more likely to move on to another game. That's a problem for an older game with a dwindling playerbase, especially in regions like NA.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

So this event has gotten me enough bonds to consider some of the higher end tanks available for bonds. Are either the M60 or FV215b worth getting?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

saintonan posted:

So this event has gotten me enough bonds to consider some of the higher end tanks available for bonds. Are either the M60 or FV215b worth getting?

Stay far away from the 215b. It has been power creeped into the depths of the earth.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

The few things I've seen on the FV215b before it was shelved in 0.9.20 was that it played like a tier 10 Tiger (stay at range or hull down and snipe things). Apart from idiots yelling at you to go brawl because you're a heavy, is that not viable? (not really defending the FV, just curious)

Although someone on discord pointed out that I'd be better off just playing the Super Conq with purple equipment if I wanted to spend the bonds, which is probably true.

So is the M60 obsolete now that they buffed the Leo 1?

saintonan fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Feb 8, 2020

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

saintonan posted:

The few things I've seen on the FV215b before it was shelved in 0.9.20 was that it played like a tier 10 Tiger (stay at range or hull down and snipe things). Apart from idiots yelling at you to go brawl because you're a heavy, is that not viable? (not really defending the FV, just curious)

Although someone on discord pointed out that I'd be better off just playing the Super Conq with purple equipment if I wanted to spend the bonds, which is probably true.

So is the M60 obsolete now that they buffed the Leo 1?

I used to love the 215b, but man anything can pen it and will light it on fire. The gun is really nice, but yeah...

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

saintonan posted:

Save all your bonds until we can buy the t10 chieftan with bonds

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Next black market for NA is FV215b (183) for 22 mil credits. 55,000 apparently are available (or 55?)?

By the way, I go here 5 min prior to black market start time and it gives you advance notice (5 minutes prior to release): https://wgstatus.com/#/en/black_market_2020

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

moolchaba posted:

Next black market for NA is FV215b (183) for 22 mil credits. 55,000 apparently are available (or 55?)?

By the way, I go here 5 min prior to black market start time and it gives you advance notice (5 minutes prior to release): https://wgstatus.com/#/en/black_market_2020

I guess it was 2000 QTY. Anyways... that site is cool for a couple min advance notice.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

There were 55,000 on the RU server (that's the only one that wgstatus tracks). Less on EU and far less on NA. Expect it to be sold out everywhere before 15 after the hour.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
On one hand, Death Star, on the other, everyone says its an arty that need line of sight to fire, to the price of 4 tier x tanks.

Sold out 25k in 10 minutes though.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
Are any of the bond tanks good?

Katamari Democracy posted:

The first time I picked up the game after playing for years and putting it down for a while, I tried some of the new lines for which I did not have crews. Especially at the lower tiers? it wasn't a matter of learning. Unmodded tanks with bad crews get loving annihilated by certain tanks in short order.

If it was a contest of skill or knowledge, it would be one thing, but there's also a huge gap that cannot be compensated by any other means than time or money ( skilled crews, currency for mods ), and it is tremendously unfun to play against wolf packs of smurfs playing club tanks.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

The only change that would make the entire low tier experience better so you can actually survive long enough to learn how to play, is add 1000HP to every single tank in the game.

It wouldn't change anything about the game except brawling would take a few shots longer, but people would actually be able to do it instead of getting one shot killed in the first minute of the match without having a clue what's shooting you, or getting needled down by a T67 and not having enough time to possibly duck into cover and reposition.

But we'll, until that happens instead tier 1-5 are dominated by a handful of tanks and the rest are just there to be a placeholder I'm the tech tree.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
How are people finding out in advance what the next deal is going to be?

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

The wgstatus link a few posts up has them once the database changes, which happens 4 or 5 minutes before the deal goes live.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

saintonan posted:

The wgstatus link a few posts up has them once the database changes, which happens 4 or 5 minutes before the deal goes live.

Ah knew it was this thread

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Captain Blaargh posted:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:suicide:

fuckin' lol why didn't you get high caliber wtf

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

EdEddnEddy posted:

The only change that would make the entire low tier experience better so you can actually survive long enough to learn how to play, is add 1000HP to every single tank in the game.

It wouldn't change anything about the game except brawling would take a few shots longer, but people would actually be able to do it instead of getting one shot killed in the first minute of the match without having a clue what's shooting you, or getting needled down by a T67 and not having enough time to possibly duck into cover and reposition.

But we'll, until that happens instead tier 1-5 are dominated by a handful of tanks and the rest are just there to be a placeholder I'm the tech tree.

- Add HP to all tanks
- Unlimited ammo (pay for what you shoot, like in botes)
- Rework ammo so that there is actual choice between pen & damage (and normalize ammo costs)
- Eliminate instant capping; either rework it so that the time to cap decreases with the amount of tanks remaining in the battle, or there's a maximum battle timer and the team with something like more tanks alive or more [relative] HP left wins

So:
- No obnoxious capfasting
- More time alive [read: to actually play the game, enjoy it, learn the mechanics]

Who says no? :colbert:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Eliminate crew skills.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

McGavin posted:

Eliminate crew skills.

And arty

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Don't forget the wheeled vehicles!

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Dravs posted:

if you mean make all vehicles wheelies and remove everything else then you are correct

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

I wonder how long it'll be before they realize they could take the tracks off the Lorraine 40t, make it a wheeled vehicle, and charge everyone again for the same tank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Dravs posted:

Argh I was about to post some news from my end. So hope ya don't mind. lol

Just purchased the EBR 90 and pimped it out:

Gonna take it for a spin solo que because I know whats gonna happen. And its gonna be funnnn.

Atomizer posted:

- Add HP to all tanks
- Unlimited ammo (pay for what you shoot, like in botes)
- Rework ammo so that there is actual choice between pen & damage (and normalize ammo costs)
- Eliminate instant capping; either rework it so that the time to cap decreases with the amount of tanks remaining in the battle, or there's a maximum battle timer and the team with something like more tanks alive or more [relative] HP left wins

So:
- No obnoxious capfasting
- More time alive [read: to actually play the game, enjoy it, learn the mechanics]

Who says no? :colbert:

I would love to last longer in lower tiers so I don't get deleted by a Churchill III when im playing low tiers. Or tank destroyers cutting your tank in half by a LeFeh, or you get the idea. I like it. I thought they were supposed to get ammo changes done? Whatever happened to that? Its Wargaming

McGavin posted:

Eliminate crew skills.

Please get rid of Jack of All trades, Intuition, and Adrenaline Rush. Keep the rest and add some new ones like an example made up by someone else better than what I could think of.

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

The first time I picked up the game after playing for years and putting it down for a while, I tried some of the new lines for which I did not have crews. Especially at the lower tiers? it wasn't a matter of learning. Unmodded tanks with bad crews get loving annihilated by certain tanks in short order.

If it was a contest of skill or knowledge, it would be one thing, but there's also a huge gap that cannot be compensated by any other means than time or money ( skilled crews, currency for mods ), and it is tremendously unfun to play against wolf packs of smurfs playing club tanks.

I agree with both you and Atomizer on these fronts and agree that the new player / low tier experience is messed up and really needs to be looked at. I got some other nerdy friends near me and while we all talk about games and such I understand if Tank conversation needs to be cut because for a new player there is a lot of information to take in. And the game does a poor job at teaching new players and their only source of information is either Youtube or sadly Reddit.

Im guilty of purchasing premiums at low tier for curb stomping the newbies though. I'm sorry for being a jerk. :(

(Also save your bonds for the T95/FV4201)