Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
what the hell they remade monopoly peanut for pedophiles?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
We've fallen so far from his light.

This guy:

Beachcomber has a new favorite as of 20:20 on Feb 3, 2020

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Captain Hygiene posted:

*bursts from the grave after three days* OH YEAAAH!

Well, he is King of the Juice

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

1redflag posted:

:drat:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pick posted:

what the hell they remade monopoly peanut for pedophiles?

List of people who like babies:

1. Pedophiles

2. Nope, just pedophiles

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

The Bloop posted:

1. Pedophiles

2. Nope, just pedophiles

Then why does the entire internet love Baby Yoda.....oh my god...............

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

The Bloop posted:

1. Pedophiles

2. Nope, just pedophiles

I love babies and I have only had sex with a lady older than 18. Babies are so warm and soft and cuddly. And they love me. Parents will hand their babies to me and I will stop their crying. My MiL hates me for this ability.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

1redflag posted:

:perfect:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Splicer posted:

The baby nut lol and baby nut memes accounts are now suspended. Were they really official?

https://twitter.com/glowybones/status/1224241203874385920

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
I don't see why getting your own accounts suspended is a worrying thing for a company to be able to do? Like you could just get yourself suspended if you really wanted.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The tweeter is wrong about that part because it’s easy for anyone to do. People unwittingly do it all the time when they change the profile’s date of birth to something less than thirteen years in the past.

It’s not worrying, but it is funny.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Annabel Pee posted:

I don't see why getting your own accounts suspended is a worrying thing for a company to be able to do? Like you could just get yourself suspended if you really wanted.

Presumably these accounts didn’t belong to the company

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Kit Walker posted:

Presumably these accounts didn’t belong to the company

the image itself theorizes that planters setup these campaigns to astro-turf interest in the baby nut, retweeted the memes, then shuttered the account to prevent copycat meme pages from using those names.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

From the comments: According to this article, at least, they were shut down by Twitter because they were obvious sock puppet accounts.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Now blended with Milk Plus to get you ready for some of that old ultra-violence.

It's extra stupid because none of those ingredients are oranges either, and judging by the list the color of the smoothie would be purplish.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Beachcomber posted:

I love babies and I have only had sex with a lady older than 18. Babies are so warm and soft and cuddly. And they love me. Parents will hand their babies to me and I will stop their crying. My MiL hates me for this ability.

Lol, look at this loser who didn't have sex in high school

Or alternatively, very sorry you only had sex with pedophiles in high school

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Now blended with Milk Plus to get you ready for some of that old ultra-violence.

It's extra stupid because none of those ingredients are oranges either, and judging by the list the color of the smoothie would be purplish.

Remember, remember
The wortel and gember
The selderij, appel and biet
I never will tire of lucuma, papaya
In my strangely-named "orange" smoothie treat.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I thought "clockwork orange" was some sort of slang for an unnatural thing that didn't make sense, which is why Burgess used it for a title. An orange drink that contains no oranges and is in fact pink would seem a very clockwork orange.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

mandatory lesbian posted:

Lol, look at this loser who didn't have sex in high school

I don't have a pen, but I assure you it's 10:20am and it's a lovely 68°/21°c and they make the finest pina coladas I've ever had at the Monkey Business bar in Cabo San Lucas. They use real fruit instead of mix.

Their social media is a disaster, though.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Brawnfire posted:

Remember, remember
The wortel and gember

Holy poo poo

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

ToxicSlurpee posted:

That sort of thing is done algorithmically and computers are stupid. Pandora used to apparently think that I was Mexican as for like two years my adverts were all in Spanish. Now, I do speak some Spanish but I am by no means fully fluent nor even adjacent to being Mexican.

u learned spanish through the ads? very cool

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

802.11weed posted:

u learned spanish through the ads? very cool

Yes, but disappointingly the ads did not make him more Mexican-adjacent, as was the stated goal.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Brawnfire posted:

Remember, remember
The wortel and gember

This is very impressive.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Haha thanks, I'm honestly not sure why I wrote that. Something about those words seemed so... rhythmic.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Ralph Crammed In posted:

It's cause the Dutch are a weird people.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

I dunno about the rest of y'all, but lately I keep getting these disgusting ads about earwax removal. No idea why, I haven't Googled or used Gmail for anything remotely resembling that, I never actually talk on my phone, and don't have Alexa or anything like that. I just got one on Wunderground, the weather site I trust. I get them on a stupid webcomic I read daily, too. I'm used to getting the occasional icky ad if I go over to WebMD or something, but lately they just keep showing up everywhere, ime.

Nothing shy of lotustit.jpg will make me click "back" faster than these images of peanut-butter-like goop coming out of an ear. So not only are they not getting me to even spare a glance at their services (whatever the hell they are), they're making me want to install every ad-blocker under the sun. How is that possibly good marketing?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

A lot of people enjoy earwax removal and pimple popping videos.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The MSJ posted:

It's the closest some of us will ever come to expunging evil. It is modern day exorcism.

Slowpoke Rodriguez
Jun 20, 2009
I wonder if I could make a few bucks if I filmed myself removing tonsiloths.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
There are already a lot of those, as well as removing ingrown toenails and a lot of other stuff involving draining pus, like failed synthol implants.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

The MSJ posted:

Oh, I know, I'm familiar with the phenomenon. If that's what someone digs, go forth and watch all the videos you want. I ain't judging.

But this is like... I dunno. How would you like to be driving to work first thing in the morning and suddenly there's a billboard ad for tampons showing a pair of panties full of clotting blood? Or an ad for IBS meds that have a picture of Tubgirl? That's what these ads feel like for me.

It's one thing to seek out the gross stuff at your leisure; it's another to check "is it gonna rain today?" or "I wonder what this humorous character is up to today!" and as you scroll down, get blasted with someone scooping Vegemite out of their ear. (plus, seriously, if my ears looked like that, I'd be going to the doctor and getting them professionally flushed; I'm sure the ads are probably for some quack poo poo like candling)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

JacquelineDempsey posted:

I dunno about the rest of y'all, but lately I keep getting these disgusting ads about earwax removal. No idea why, I haven't Googled or used Gmail for anything remotely resembling that, I never actually talk on my phone, and don't have Alexa or anything like that. I just got one on Wunderground, the weather site I trust. I get them on a stupid webcomic I read daily, too. I'm used to getting the occasional icky ad if I go over to WebMD or something, but lately they just keep showing up everywhere, ime.

I use a fresh browser pretty often at work, and the amount of earwax/pimple ads on some news sites is just insane. It definitely goes in cycles too, like I instantly know I'm in for a week of this cyst video trying to lure me in if I can't get an adblocker working on it.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Captain Hygiene posted:

I use a fresh browser pretty often at work, and the amount of earwax/pimple ads on some news sites is just insane. It definitely goes in cycles too, like I instantly know I'm in for a week of this cyst video trying to lure me in if I can't get an adblocker working on it.

Thank you, so it's not just me! That's mostly what I was asking for, with a side dish of "wtf? how is this good marketing?"

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
I keep on getting ads for civilian versions of APCs for some reason.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Facebook keeps serving me up ads for the GameBoy release of Pokemon Blue, a GameCube bundle with Pokemon Stadium XD, and profoundly unholy sex toys

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

profoundly unholy sex toys

Those must be the best kind

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
i'm not putting anything from walmart inside of or even adjacent to, my boiholes

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
I looked up a book by Kanae Minato and started getting ads for underage incest manga :barf:

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

artsy fartsy posted:

I looked up a book by Kanae Minato and started getting ads for underage incest manga :barf:

Strange, she's not even from Chiba.

e: Chiba has a problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's like the early days of internet advertising when ads that weren't flat out scams would be for the most random products.

There isn't actually any plan, they just throw whatever ads people pay for on whatever sites don't actively refuse them.

Internet advertising has basically been relentlessly making GBS threads where it eats since day zero.