Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

MizPiz posted:

Was the klan rally that was supposed to happen today even real?

Word from PPD is that the Klan called ahead to tell them they were canceling the rally.

I know of some folks who are planning to still show up and keep an eye on the area. It’s not protest season up here yet, and events which don’t have strong convictions backing them often just fail to happen when they’re scheduled for a gray, wet, and miserable date in this climate.

e: just saw a FB Live video from the event, there is a police holdback line, loudspeaker cop reciting banalities, and what I saw some masked folks in black I didn’t see an organized Bloc or anyone in Bloc gear.

LonsomeSon has issued a correction as of 21:49 on Feb 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Doctor Jeep posted:

going into a coma and losing the ability to walk and type to own the libs

getting brain damage to own the lobes

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Biden + Peterson 2024. Between them they have one functioning body.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

FMguru posted:

The praising of the Russian doctors for bravely doing what was best for him sits rather awkwardly next to the fact that Jordan has been left so disabled that he can neither walk nor speak. Heroic Russian medicine gets the job done!

Maybe, just maybe, those non-Rusaian doctors told him his diet of beef, salt and water is not helping him.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
i think jordy p's daughter should probably be looked at for elder abuse if she was the driving force behind these treatment decisions holy poo poo

what a nightmare family

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

the reality is jorp spiraled into addiction and depression because he was so thoroughly and publicly owned by a marxist philosopher he couldnt live with himself any more, and then he had to go be saved by a doctor who was educated in communist medicine in the Soviet Union. if he survives his only way to maintain sanity will be to become a full fledged tankie.

finally, we've reversed the neocon to trot pipeline. except wait...they all come out stalinist?? god dammit!

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

In case anyone isn't aware of the extent to which Rush Limbaugh is a piece of poo poo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM7jfvME_EU

Bearded Whiteguy
Mar 2, 2018

I APPROPRIATE THE PLIGHT OF OTHER RACES TO FILL THE VOID OF BEING A FAT USELESS FUCK

Zeroisanumber posted:

From his daughter's description of the treatment in the article I'm guessing that he might've been somewhat mentally disabled by his addiction and she ended up making treatment decisions. It sounds like she wanted to try something stupid like knocking him out and then just letting the withdrawal happen while he was zonked. The American doctors told her that was stupid so she hosed off to Russia where some shady clinic tried her idiot idea and ended up crippling Jorp.

That’s a good point and could totally be the case, too. As you and now others itt have said, she could’ve hosed off to Russia since she’s a “health guru” or whatever the gently caress.

But, I’d like to point out that Jorp has completely lost it and is entirely capable of doing this himself. In the old Jorp thread I did a breakdown of what his career was back in the day, and what he had become. Basically, he was really well respected, then lost his drat mind while writing Maps of Meaning. Ever since then his work has been getting more and more unhinged to the point that his last few published papers were utter nonsense that no one was taking seriously.

So, you could totally be right, and probably are, but I still think he was going to end up here eventually either way. Dude had been broke brained for awhile and now literally is.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

FMguru posted:

Every detail in that article is great. Turns out, he suffers from a bunch of incredibly rare medical conditions, and it's everyone else's fault but his that he's a junk-sick shell of a human being who can neither speak nor walk unassisted.

first prescribed the medication a few years ago to treat anxiety after what Mikhaila described as an autoimmune reaction to food.

lol

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

Bobby Digital posted:

getting brain damage to own the lobes

so much for the (in)tolerant left hemisphere

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

holy poo poo it really was the cider. he started the benzos because of an allergic reaction to food... the cider

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z22Ju7u2K1s
i love that rogan keeps questioning this absolute bullshit but still comes away thinking he's a shamanistic spirit guide genius

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Ague Proof posted:

physician, clean thine own room

mods, new thread title plz

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Bearded Whiteguy posted:

That’s a good point and could totally be the case, too. As you and now others itt have said, she could’ve hosed off to Russia since she’s a “health guru” or whatever the gently caress.

But, I’d like to point out that Jorp has completely lost it and is entirely capable of doing this himself. In the old Jorp thread I did a breakdown of what his career was back in the day, and what he had become. Basically, he was really well respected, then lost his drat mind while writing Maps of Meaning. Ever since then his work has been getting more and more unhinged to the point that his last few published papers were utter nonsense that no one was taking seriously.

So, you could totally be right, and probably are, but I still think he was going to end up here eventually either way. Dude had been broke brained for awhile and now literally is.

To be fair, psychology has always been a field infested with certified pseudoscientists who put all of their effort into trying to explain the "why X happens / why my dumb pet theory is right" rather than make observations on the "what/how" of reality.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

FMguru posted:

he's a junk-sick shell of a human being who can neither speak nor walk

going on an all meat diet and ending up in a vegetative state? smh

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/dulcetloves/status/1226218701323677699

only the baddest of dudes will read the replies to this obvious parody video

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/FordFischer/status/1226275638698500097

they're trying to emulate the nordic resistance movement ^ here which is a scandinavian neo-nazi org

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/BeQueerDoCrime/status/1226251994798661633

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
What drugs do they use for induced comas? I'd have thought anything capable of keeping you unconscious like that would also be counteracting all the horrible poo poo benzo withdrawals do

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I asked my friend the internet and he said this

https://www.quora.com/Can-you-have-seizures-while-in-a-coma

quote:

Kai Rabenstein, Working in anaesthesia, critical care and pain medicine for 30 years
Answered Jun 15, 2019 · Author has 223 answers and 452.2k answer views
Yes - we see this occasionally in critical care patients. Our comatose patients are mostly pharmacologically sedated - those that aren’t have sustained serious brain injuries and we are waiting to see if they will show signs of waking up.

Seizures are, broadly speaking, caused either by epilepsy or brain injuries (infarcts, haemorrhages or contusions). Seizures are bad for brain health (they raise local tissue metabolic rate and therefore oxygen requirement when oxygen supply may already be compromised, leading to ischaemia and possibly brain tissue death).

For this reason we treat seizures aggressively with anticonvulsants - but this is not always successful.

Seizuring in a comatose patient that cannot be controlled by anticonvulsants is, sadly, an extremely poor prognostic factor - and this includes so-called myoclonic jerks (which amount to incomplete seizures) often seen in patients with diffuse generalised hypoxic brain injury such as may occur in poisoning, asphyxiation or drowning.

e: in short words, he's hosed

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lol shes murdering her dad for the inheritance

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Truly she embodies the chaotic feminine. He raised her well :haibrow:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

cool dance moves posted:

Truly she embodies the chaotic feminine. He raised her well :haibrow:

if you think about libertarianism is just the sith from Star Wars but sillier

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/EyesOnTheRight/status/1226290198406934529?s=20

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

... does jorp have a lot of money? everything about his schtick points to middling academic turned mid-tier anti-SJW grifter

if he's got money mostly from his chud books then she should have waited a bit so he could really pump the incels' well dry, so to speak

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

wasn't his patreon the highest income patreon at over $100k a month before he closed it over some bollocks or other? i think maybe because carl of swindon got banned

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Also wrote a very successful book. So he has a few million at least.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

... does jorp have a lot of money? everything about his schtick points to middling academic turned mid-tier anti-SJW grifter

if he's got money mostly from his chud books then she should have waited a bit so he could really pump the incels' well dry, so to speak

his book was everywhere

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
i just realized, what will become of thinkspot :ohdear:

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
not mine

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

gonna own when it turns out he was actually destitute and living off the grift

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
jorp probably got pneumonia from aspirating his own vomit

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
make your bed. jordan didn't for 8 days in a row and look what happened to him

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Bearded Whiteguy posted:

Just to be clear, not only did Jorp specialize in addiction, he was an extremely respected researcher on it. It’s what made him. He was mentored by the father of modern addiction therapy and their work back in the 80s and early 90s is still cited today. This is why he got on Canadian TV shows originally and made tenure.

I’m saying this because I need you all to be on the same page with me here. Jorp, early on in his career, was a major influence on modern addiction therapy. The therapy that he was probably given when suffering from addiction that he refused. This is too poetic.

Also, one of the issues his daughter mention was that he was have uncontrollable body anxiety and inability to sit still which has been known to happen when you have been mis-prescribed benzos.... and eat nothing but meat. Furthermore, being put in a medically induced coma for benzo addiction is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard. He definitely got brain damage while being in a coma because of either a stroke or seizure and probably wasn’t noticed because he was on a goddamn coma.

So not only is this brain injury entirely his own making, he literally did the research that would’ve saved him and he refused it. That’s next level :psyduck:

maybe he cast away everything he learned because he eventually realized all his courses may have been tainted by the tendrils of postmodern-neomarxism

Tokamak posted:

Also wrote a very successful book. So he has a few million at least.

if jorp is to be believed, according to himself, he made near $6 million/yr. when combining his patreon/book sales, speaking tours,/engagements/his youtube channel since 2018.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

Canadian professors are some of the best compensated in the world, and University of Toronto professors are some of the best paid in Canada. You can look up how much he makes at his university, it's in the $160k range.

Their house in Toronto is probably worth a few million at least because the Toronto housing market is stupidly inflated

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

i read he was making $174k - $176k

it angers me how well compensated that douche was making, even before he got famous

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Bearded Whiteguy posted:

Maps of Meaning cracks me up because it is the writings of someone who smoked an ounce in 8 hours, dropped five grams of 'shrooms, spent the next 30 hours playing Xenogears and reading Eric von Daniken books and then wrote a book based on what they remembered from the trip.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Mr Interweb posted:

if jorp is to be believed
he is not

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

jorp is definitely loaded.

full of benzos!!!

Sheng-Ji Yang has issued a correction as of 05:00 on Feb 9, 2020

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I never clean my room and I’m ok

I feel good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Kung Food posted:

Usually when people doctor shop for the diagnosis they want they can usually find a local doc with loose morals. His desired diagnosis was so dumb he had to go all the way to Russia to find the correct level of gives no gently caress.

his daughter and her shady russian boyfriend are trying to kill him so they can get all his money but the canadian healthcare system is too good, they were even able to keep him alive on an all beef diet

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I miss the dedicated Jordan Peterson thread.

What ever happened to that anyway? Mods kill it for being too big or ???