Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How would you rate Kimetsu no Yaiba?
Excellent
Good
Fine
Meh
Bad
Awful
View Results

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

'this is kimetsu no yaiba! we wrote it wrong, as a joke!'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Please no dont end it that quickly i want more chapters of this its going too fast

(perhaps there is a reason for how fast this is going as a metaphor for how the characters are living short and brutal lives)

Maybe they will add side stories once the series ends.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

New Chappie on Mangaplus.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

What i think is
Well remember how the dance of the fire god is done for the length of an entire night

The 13th form in never running out of breath

They spend so long fighting Muzan that Tanjirou has to perform the full dance until the sun rises again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLekt6fGous

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Feb 3, 2020

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

There’s something really cool about never needing to teach anyone your final technique because it just comes naturally if you do all the others first.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

I kinda presumed the angle they were going for was "No one could pass down the 13th form but I can see it being done with my genetic memory" but I guess this way works too

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
This manga feels like it turned into a bleach-esque trainwreck and I want it to finish already

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It's good, I'm still just sad it feels like it got catapulted to an ending right before it took off.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Professorjuggalo posted:

This manga feels like it turned into a bleach-esque trainwreck and I want it to finish already
I'm kinda hopeful that this final arc is probably going to be way better experienced if the anime follows through to the end because of the breaks this and MHA have been taking between seasons. LIke I genuinely thought that every arc before the Spider Mountain arc was kinda rough around the edges/sorta lacking, but the anime made me enjoy both the Yahaba + Susamaru and the Drum House arc a great deal.

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Feb 9, 2020

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
Manga has still been enjoyable, but with the rushed feel and sudden info dumps about stuff that should've been drip fed throughout the series, you can tell this was the authors first serious go and they were winging it in a few places.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
IIRC this was one of a couple (2 or 3?) "filler" tryouts from completely unknown / newbie authors when the magazine had sort of a lull in series for a while and needed to fill out the numbers; it was supposed to run for like, a provisional 10 chapters or so.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's not bad right now but i'm looking forward to the author's next work more than the end of this one.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I just hope the anime has some author-penned filler to...well, fill out the areas that are under-explored. But I don't dislike what we're actually getting. It just makes me want more.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

nah let it be fast, not everything needs to go for 1000 chapters. the anime's already slower anyway

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

except it also sucks and everything is car crashing on top of itself

and inosuke showed up and did nothing!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's fine

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

There's a middle point between "go super fast through everything to the point that nothing has the impact it should" and "waste time Bleach-style and never get anywhere".

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean we could use the heat, Muzan's not gonna die till we bring the sun.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I mean we could use the heat, Muzan's not gonna die till we bring the sun.

You say, but he's been hit repeatedly by superheated swords and it hasn't done much.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Describing this as a bleachesque trainwreck is insane. It's definitely kind of a rushed ending but before anything else do recall that this thing is probably going to wrap this year, making a solid 4 year run.

Bleach ran for loving FIFTEEN, and was worse for longer than KnY's entire runtime.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Rody One Half posted:

Describing this as a bleachesque trainwreck is insane. It's definitely kind of a rushed ending but before anything else do recall that this thing is probably going to wrap this year, making a solid 4 year run.

Bleach ran for loving FIFTEEN, and was worse for longer than KnY's entire runtime.

Yeah, thanks for phrasing it more succinctly than I could. Comparing this to Bleach of all things is so :psyduck: it hurts.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I will admit that the fight with Muzan and all of Upper Moon 1 feel like they went on longer than they should have.

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
Might be I'm just completely burned out on shounen battle manga but only the plot and character interaction are rushed for this ending. The fighting is basically uninterrupted since Muzan attacking hq and it really drags on at this point.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm looking forward to this part being animated because this is all just an endless firebomb as far as Tanjirou's attacks go.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they kind of wrote themselves into a corner. if the upper moons had been spread out more the story would have been better, but muzan had no reason to allow that to happen. there was never anything preventing muzan from acting exactly as he pleased, and due to his personality that means either using overwhelming force or disappearing for a few decades.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

they kind of wrote themselves into a corner. if the upper moons had been spread out more the story would have been better, but muzan had no reason to allow that to happen. there was never anything preventing muzan from acting exactly as he pleased, and due to his personality that means either using overwhelming force or disappearing for a few decades.

See the thing Is I can entirely believe this as its absolutely within Muzan's personality. Upper moons dropping left and right, some chaos in the ranks of the demon hunters allowing him to find Ubuyashiki, and being the ultimate paranoid bitch that he is meant he was going to come down as hard as he can as soon as he can. But it doesnt make for good writing when character moments, their beliefs and their growth have been an integral part of the storytelling. It makes it all feel so rushed.

Besides these kinds of counter-character contrivances are expected in shonen because of the weekly format and short-ish chapter length.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I admit I'm totally lost despite reading every weekly ch and at the point, I wonder if it's worth re-reading the manga.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1006264

THE CAT LIVED!!!

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

"I can see the cat's parachute"

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

At this point I’m far more invested in the cat than I am in Tanjiro.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yushiro, you cunning little brat! :dance:

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Chapter 195

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Professorjuggalo posted:

Just when it seems like Muzan is dead, he suddenly resurrects as a giant owl.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Didn't expect Muzan to try and run so early was expecting him to do that around the last few minutes.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I love the detail that Muzan is the way he is in great part due to the fact that Yoriichi so utterly humiliated and carved through him like it was nada. Dude probably never had to face a challenge of that magnitude before in his life as a demon, then this seemingly rando kid comes forth and puts the fear of actual, impending death in him.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

Didn't expect Muzan to try and run so early was expecting him to do that around the last few minutes.

i expected him to run as soon as things started looking even slightly bad for him. muzan's not a risk-taker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

tanjiro just hocking swords ruled

real 'gently caress it' hours tonight