Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

hatty posted:

Games are pretty good at stories now that stuff like this seems unnecessary. Like live action versions of cartoons.

.... its not that it is "necessary" it just might make for a good tv show?

You don't adapt things because you need to. I don't think anybody making movies out of videogames was ever thinking "I'm going to save the story of this videogame with my amazing movie", if anything its the direct opposite and movies usually barely involve the story of the games.

But unless you only play videogames and never watch tv shows anymore (I dunno about you but I enjoy both depending upon how I'm feeling, games are more engaging) I don't see the problem lol

Also, games have been good at stories since the 90s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I bought I think 50+ DS games and probably 40+ on 3DS they are extremely powerful handhelds

and I still haven't bought Fire Emblem Echoes!!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

stev posted:

The 3DS was hampered by being a piece of poo poo in every conceivable way.

:thunk:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

3ds is an uncomfortable handheld thankfully the switch lite is the nicest handheld to hold and use that nintendo have ever made, thank you reggie

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’d be perfect if it could dock. Alas...

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i like having my handheld as a handheld. i already made my vita able to dock before realising im never going to use it like that so the lite was an easy choice, and the huge price reduction between the lite and the regular meant i could actually afford a switch, which is even more win and also epic

al-azad
May 28, 2009

stev posted:

The DS was hampered by having extremely low tech 3D, causing most games on it to look like poo poo. The 2D games were generally good once they'd stopped relying on the gimmicks.

The 3DS was hampered by being a piece of poo poo in every conceivable way.

Now that people are getting nostalgic over PS1 aesthetics the DS is rightfully getting re-examined as Nintendo's PS1 aesthetic.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

which one fits the most comfortably in the human anal canal, that’s the metric i use for determining the quality of portable gaming devices

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

which one fits the most comfortably in the human anal canal, that’s the metric i use for determining the quality of portable gaming devices

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

gamecube’s a rough one but i appreciate the handle for easy retrieval

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

I was looking up images of Game Boy Micro to post as a joke and the first image was an advertisement for a silicone penis so there's your answer.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ads are based off your own search history

al-azad
May 28, 2009

My search history has never included packers for trans men but now they do so I'm going to say Google ads are a self fulfilling prophecy.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Weedle posted:

yeah it had a built-in light (originally frontlit, then revised to backlit), rechargeable battery, and a clamshell design. it was the total package. it made the original gba look like a piece of poo poo (not unlike what the ds lite did to the ds)

The DS Lite has a pathetic hinge. I've come to own two DS Lites and both of them had that infuriating broken hinge that made me appreciate the much tankier DS phatty. Feature-wise, though, yeah, totally blew the DS up.

Gold Zelda 3DS is the best a handheld is going to get and even that behemoth was really pushing the limits of pocketability. At least it still protected it's own screen. The Switch is just like "scratch me daddy"

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Resident Evil was about making a game version of zombie movies so putting that back into film/TV will ignore what's novel about it and will result in a very generic zombie show.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Weedle posted:

super mario 3d land is one of the best games i have ever played in my life and i'm not even that big of a mario fan. it's loving perfect. and the 3d makes it look like a living toybox. what a game

please tell me you've played 3D world

lol i couldn't remember what these were called but thought of it immediately

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Resident Evil was about making a game version of zombie movies so putting that back into film/TV will ignore what's novel about it and will result in a very generic zombie show.

aka the problem with every video game movie.

Well, one of the problems.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Until the best traditional Zelda leaves the 3DS it's still a system you must own.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Songbearer posted:

Where is Rarity

Told me she's taking a break from gaming, gotta respect that

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
have a nice break Rarity, 2008 will be here when you get back

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

the only time I take a break from games is to play different games

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Stux posted:

ads are based off your own search history

well that probably explains this then

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Phantasium posted:

please tell me you've played 3D world

i will when they port it to switch

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

end cap for your what though

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

END CAP FOR YOUR WHAT :tinfoil: :psyduck:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Sink?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Car radiator?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The children of morta narrator is way overdoing it

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i know the control scheme doesn't work for everyone but god drat i love kid icarus uprising so much

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Tag yourself I'm partial to "Wario Steakheads"

https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1226655669748674565

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The “Survivors” is a really bad sports team name!

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Birdo beauty

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I'm the Luigi Reapers

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Gang gang

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Jay Rust posted:

The “Survivors” is a really bad sports team name!

This is their theme song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btPJPFnesV4

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Just played Pathfinder Kingmaker for two hours so far and I'm a little burnt out already. I've just now left the character creation screen and I'm already thinking it's time to restart or quit.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im kind of amused that in Yugioh for switch the promise is you can play through all the TV shows story arcs but for the first series at least its been like every major card battle from the first arc, the majority of the battles in the second arc, and then like one battle per the remaining 3 arcs who even cares these are filler trash.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

that’s so blue eyes white dragon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

that’s so blue eyes white dragon

Come now, Yugioh has massively stupider names just in that one family of cards like Neo Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon