Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

nrook posted:

I think we can all come together and hope for the funniest possible outcome: Cythereal falling in love with the route and becoming a strident Edelgard stan

it happens to us all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
So i've only played through GD and BL routes (Holding off BE till the last DLC is out) and I'm fascinated by the way GD is thought of as "The Church route but with Claude" That route was my first and I see the whole thing as being Claude-involved, maybe not as much as they could have done, but that's kind of the story with the whole game isn't it? Learning more about the Leicester Alliance and its factions post timeskip made those battles feel like they were something only the GD would have come up with. If there's a lot of overlap I guess i'd probably see it as the Church route having no character, not the Golden Deer.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Pyronic posted:

So i've only played through GD and BL routes (Holding off BE till the last DLC is out) and I'm fascinated by the way GD is thought of as "The Church route but with Claude" That route was my first and I see the whole thing as being Claude-involved, maybe not as much as they could have done, but that's kind of the story with the whole game isn't it? Learning more about the Leicester Alliance and its factions post timeskip made those battles feel like they were something only the GD would have come up with. If there's a lot of overlap I guess i'd probably see it as the Church route having no character, not the Golden Deer.

Verdant Wind being Silver Snow Plus Claude is kind of the same thing as Silver Snow being Verdant Wind Without Claude. Mostly it's about the maps being mostly the same, so the broad sequence of events is the same even if the context around them does change.

Incidentally does it bother anyone else that Verdant Wind is named for the wrong colour? The Empire is red, the Kingdom is blue, the Church is white, but the Alliance isn't green!

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
They're seasons. Silver Snow is winter, Crimson Flower is autumn, Azure Moon is spring, and Verdant Wind is summer. (I may have gotten them mixed up a little.)

Same reason why a game called 'three houses' in english has four routes. Its japanese name is more like 'snow flower moon wind' iirc

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

https://twitter.com/ayedahh/status/1225631619987337216

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

https://twitter.com/angerykacchan/status/1226214420147081216?s=19

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
hey OP i have some constructive criticism

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

...I'm gonna side with Rhea now.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.

Kittengard

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Man Crimson Flower is short starting from right before the decision point. I might be able to finish this today.

And where in all my previous games I've meticulously selected my NPCs' paired endings by only letting them a-rank with their intended, I think I'm going to let the Black Eagle Strike Force be an amorous thunderdome. Everyone who can a-rank will, and I'll let the pieces fall where they may.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Love thunderstone is real.

For maximum thunderstone put byleths s ranks in a random thing picker

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Junpei Hyde posted:

Love thunderstone is real.

For maximum thunderstone put byleths s ranks in a random thing picker

Yeah but also I feel like Cythereal should pair Byleth with Edelgard, since she did with Rhea.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

You’ve got to go for Hanneman’s inexplicable and supremely creepy romantic S-supports with Dorothea or Edelgard

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Genovera posted:

Yeah but also I feel like Cythereal should pair Byleth with Edelgard, since she did with Rhea.

Honestly, I'm thinking Ferdinand. I like the goof.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Genovera posted:

the rando is the only way

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

You’ve got to go for Hanneman’s inexplicable and supremely creepy romantic S-supports with Dorothea or Edelgard

hanneman fucks

a lot

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
I didn't understand how paired endings worked on my first play through (CF) yet somehow got every pairing I wanted. Then I did GD where I did understand how it worked and a single unknown factor caused a domino effect that made everyone save Byleth end up with the wrong person.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

https://twitter.com/Spirit_of_Sam/status/1226313270434373632

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Can I make Anna a dancer y/n?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Can I make Anna a dancer y/n?

n

CmdrKing
Oct 14, 2012

Maybe if I called it 'Interpretive Stabbing'...

Junpei Hyde posted:

hanneman fucks

a lot

Makes more sense than FFVII’s Hojo being some sort of lady’s man.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Is it just me or is Raging Storm downright bullshit?

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

Cythereal posted:

The thing about 3 houses is that's it's a bad strategy game with bad difficulty balancing. Your choices are braindead easy or easy mode.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Cythereal posted:

It is one of the most powerful things in Fire Emblem so yes it is bullshit.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
You don't like being able to 1 turn the final map?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
It's, uh, different from Atrocity (which is pointless) and Falling Star (which is tactically interesting but I wouldn't say is overpowered).

And since I'm doing this in part for the thread's amusement, fine. I pulled out a d12 and assigned all the possible s-ranks for Byleth in this run a number. I'll roll it when it's time, which might not be far away. Crimson Flower part two is short, and I'm skipping the paralogues I've seen before.

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013

McTimmy posted:

You don't like being able to 1 turn the final map?

Edelgard just blitzing past Cyril, Catherine and Gilbert to put her axe in Rhea's face the instant the battle started was great fun.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Raging Storm is hilarious and goomba stomping Ignatz with it to get to Judith on maddening is the most useful Ignatz has ever been to me

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dpulex posted:

The thing about 3 houses is that's it's a bad strategy game with bad difficulty balancing. Your choices are braindead easy or easy mode.

Yeah, it's great. I love this dumb game.

Cythereal posted:

It's, uh, different from Atrocity (which is pointless) and Falling Star (which is tactically interesting but I wouldn't say is overpowered).

Claude is overpowered in a completely different way, even without Falling Star, he has the literal best class in the game that no one else can have and that breaks the game in half too.

Dimitri just gets kind of hosed. Could've at least given him a horse, IntSys.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I think I may be the only one that beat Three Houses Hard without ever using the ability. I dunno if I misread it or what, but I didn't learn about Bite The Dust Axe version until after beating it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I never used it either

idk that I used any of the special lord abilities, even on maddening

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I only used it once to kill Claude because I didn't understand what it did and, well, that ended the map so I didn't actually see its effect in action. My maddening CF run will put it into practice though!

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Blaze Dragon posted:

Yeah, it's great. I love this dumb game.

Claude is overpowered in a completely different way, even without Falling Star, he has the literal best class in the game that no one else can have and that breaks the game in half too.

Dimitri just gets kind of hosed. Could've at least given him a horse, IntSys.

Dimitri gets exclusive access to the Battalion Wrath + Battalion Vantage combo :getin:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Tae posted:

I think I may be the only one that beat Three Houses Hard without ever using the ability. I dunno if I misread it or what, but I didn't learn about Bite The Dust Axe version until after beating it.

I was too scared about not using my super cool weapons because they could break and also didn't get what Raging Storm did.

It was quite the waste since I just ended up with a bunch of barely-used Relics (and a nearly-broken Lance of Ruin because gently caress Falcon Knights)

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Honestly most of the relics are pretty pointless and not good enough to really need using. I generally found that if a relic could one turn an enemy, so could a silver + weapon.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Only good relic is Thyrsus and even then not in the hands of its rightful owner (give it to Lysithea)

The Lance of Ruin has its moments bc you get it so early and Sylvain's a great unit anyway. Most worthless is the Rock of Fraldarius, if you give that to Felix you're essentially crippling him. He doesn't need defence when he can double and kill everything on his turn, just never send him off on his own.

It probably works well on someone else with the crest item but I missed out on it this playthrough bc a villager decided to run right into the group of mages :(

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
War Master Felix makes good use of the rock but assassin Felix shouldn't ever touch it. Instead, he should be given Thunderbrand

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I made Hilda an armor knight and gave it to her with the crest item thingy, and it was pretty good. She wasn't as invincible as Edelgard, and in retrospect it was obvious that Hilda wants to be a warrior or wyvern lord, but it worked out.

Thankfully, Hilda's proper class of choice will be dropping in a couple days, and I won't have to make that mistake again.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Mercedes' relic is pretty good, it blocks weaknesses and critical hits. It's utterly worthless on Mercedes, but give it to a Wyvern or Falcon and now they don't have an arrow weakness and can't get crit, which is useful to say the least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

capitaldelendaest posted:

War Master Felix makes good use of the rock but assassin Felix shouldn't ever touch it. Instead, he should be given Thunderbrand

I've had a great experience speccing Felix as an archer. I think last time I had him master assassin, making him even more ridiculous with Lethality, but he has a bows strength and works really well as a long-range unit instead of a glass cannon swords boy. I think he has punch strength too but I've never gone that way with him, can his defenses pick up enough? He's always been a nuclear warhead properly placed, but fragile as gently caress for me.