Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Starlight or ZLS?

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Upcoming new idolm@ster game in case anybody hasn't been getting all their news from anywhere else and missed this for the last week, also I just want to post it. Featuring idols from all your favourite im@s games, unless your favourite is Side-M.

https://starlit-season.idolmaster.jp/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRNvwVPDy-4

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Polsy posted:

Upcoming new idolm@ster game in case anybody hasn't been getting all their news from anywhere else and missed this for the last week, also I just want to post it. Featuring idols from all your favourite im@s games, unless your favourite is Side-M.

https://starlit-season.idolmaster.jp/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRNvwVPDy-4

what if y our favorite is dearly stars

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

graybook posted:

what if y our favorite is dearly stars

Well...I'm thinking positive thoughts for DLC. Though at best I imagine you'll be able to bring them in for one or two songs like in One For All.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
https://twitter.com/gs_magazine/status/1222323696544571392?s=20

The player character from SIFAS is getting a design and going to be part of the anime cast. They’re holding a poll to decide what her name will be

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
So it's 2 for Starlight, 1 for ZLS, and 1 for Idol Incidents which wasn't even an option.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Well, it should have been

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

:eyepop: I'm hype

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
I finally did a Numazu/Uchiura pilgrimage, it was awesome and I'd definitely recommend doing it for anyone who's a fan of the franchise if you get the chance.

dunno if I will actually get around to making a real trip report post, but in the meantime here's my photo dump: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmLbKoxW

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I'm trash and like Riamu and feel like trying Cinderella Girls now, is she limited or anything?

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

There's just three Riamus in Starlight Stage right now - one Normal, one SR and one SSR.

All Normal cards are random drops from playing songs or pulling from the 'local audition' gacha (one free 10-pull/day and otherwise fuelled by 'friend points' which you get all over the place). You probably get some Normals when you start the game but I don't remember which. Pretty easy to come by.

The SR card was from a recent event which means it's unavailable until it gets added to the pool of previous-event SR cards - this is likely a year away, and then requires either playing the Live Party minigame to grind out enough tokens, or using an event SR scout ticket (available from most events with a bit of grinding).

The SSR card is permanently available but it's going to be at a rate of 0.01% during standard gacha so I couldn't really recommend trying to get her right now, even if you get a free 10-pull when you start the game.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I haven't played Starlight Stage, how is it different from the original? The Op just says "same pretty much"

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
The original Cinderella Girls was a card collecting game, where you'd battle with your deck and stuff. Starlight Stage is a rhythm game.

If you ever played Rage of Bahamut or any of its clones, it's similar to that

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Starlight stage is also a deckbuilding idol card game :smoobles:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
which I have but have yet to play (I think the same can be said of oreos)

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Starlight Stage is fun and the Cinderella Girls branch is really cool. There's like 200 characters so you're bound to find someone you like.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

blossommirage posted:

Starlight Stage is fun and the Cinderella Girls branch is really cool. There's like 200 characters so you're bound to find someone you like.

Rule #5.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I just assume anyone asking after Cinderella Girls is actually asking about Starlight Stage, partly because this is the rhythm game thread and partly because it's significantly more popular.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I legit did not know the card game thing existed.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Doesn't the card game put a lot of restrictions for foreign players or something?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I vaguely remember it being kinda a hassle to get into it. Also polsy's comments on needing a Japanese phone number

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It came out in Korea and died is all I need to know about CG.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yeah, in Cinderella Girls, unless you verify your mobage account from a Japanese phone you can't

1) do the 'friend point' free gacha
2) use free jewels to play the premium gacha
3) trade cards between players

I can get behind trading because otherwise people are just going to make 100 accounts and trade all the good cards into their main but the gacha restrictions suck. You have no chance of getting a good card out of the free gacha anyway so it'd be basically harmless to allow it. And without jewels for the premium gacha you're more-or-less forced to play with real money (which they kindly allow you to do while unverified) since the only other alternative is playing with ticket items which only do gacha draws at the base rate (1.5% SR, 98.5% R (SSRs don't exist)) without any of the pity mechanics the jewels or real money options give you.

Like I get they want people to pay real money obviously, but it's not like they hand out jewels so freely that you can avoid doing so more than very occasionally.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Go to bed Polsy.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Polsy posted:

Yeah, in Cinderella Girls, unless you verify your mobage account from a Japanese phone you can't

1) do the 'friend point' free gacha
2) use free jewels to play the premium gacha
3) trade cards between players

You also can't connect a twitter account. This seems like a really meaningless gripe, except recently they've been putting stuff like "anniversary free gacha pulls" and stuff behind it. Which means that not only are you flooded with tweets about it every day if you follow someone who plays mobamas, but you also just sorta frown a bit when you can't do it.

I also feel like they don't let you vote in the elections, for what that's worth. I have this feeling that the real election whaling goes on in mobamas; it feels like it doesn't have the same sort of ticket restrictions the various rhythm games have when it comes to elections and stuff.

I feel like there's some other obvious restriction I'm forgetting about, but that's probably a sign that it isn't terribly important or interesting.

There's other little things that you probably wouldn't care terribly much about. If you want to watch the animated cingeki stuff, you'd need to use a VPN to Japan (this restriction isn't on any other videos, for example, the dereani preview bumpers). Or if you want to watch the archives of derechannel (it's a text-only radio show with characters, rather than voice actors) you need to set your device to the japanese time zone or it won't work.

But hey, if you start now, you can mash that お仕事 button with no stamina cost until you get mostly to where the new cards are. So there's that, I suppose.

e:

Also, it’s the only place to find your favorite [dead] idols from dearly stars.

I guess that form just uses the art from the first card in its list as a thumbnail, lol.

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Feb 10, 2020

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yeah, voting requires being verified. There's more tickets available from events than in Starlight Stage and iirc you get additional tickets from premium gacha so you can basically buy votes if you're so inclined.

The twitter thing slso sucks when they do the 'one free copy of a unique card for logging on, and you get the second copy for tweeting'.

Zenostein posted:

Also, it’s the only place to find your favorite [dead] idols from dearly stars.

I guess that form just uses the art from the first card in its list as a thumbnail, lol.

Ah, the real power move was to just not have a Normal card all along.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

In a way it's super amazing Bandai Namco has refused to engage the world market and allowed stuff like Granblue, FGO, LLSIF and Bandori to go worldwide

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i think they said the new console game is coming to steam because its popular overseas so will be interesting to see if they do an english translation for like the hong kong psn store. they randomly put out the VR game on the US store, i guess because there was so little text to translate and VR was new enough that people were looking for anything to buy. and no problematic card art or commus for them to get a backlash

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yeah, their apparent disinterest is kind of weird. Gone and forgotten game Shiny Festa (iOS edition) got translated also presumably because of the low amount of text, not sure if they wrote off one or both of those as failed experiments (though I imagine charging like $50 for an iOS game didn't help)

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Polsy posted:

Yeah, voting requires being verified. There's more tickets available from events than in Starlight Stage and iirc you get additional tickets from premium gacha so you can basically buy votes if you're so inclined.

The twitter thing slso sucks when they do the 'one free copy of a unique card for logging on, and you get the second copy for tweeting'.

Ah, the real power move was to just not have a Normal card all along.

Cyneria knows all the tricks. Also right, I forgot about the half an SR+ thing. That's kinda annoying, too.

It's amazing that people didn't bite at a $70 ios game (actually $210, because it was in three versions. Although I don't know there's any real point besides having all the songs. I think the PSP version had like 1/3 of an OVA or something in each?)

Honestly I just assume they don't want to go through the hassle of sorting out music rights for overseas markets or having foreign income or something. Since they've rolled million live out across bits of asia, I guess they don't mind the idea of having a game running different versions on different servers. Knowing that, I guess the problem isn't any sort of distaste for having only a fraction of the whole project being translated. That's probably the biggest difference, though. With shiny festa once it's translated, it's done. If there was any dlc (I think there was?) it was just adding songs or something, they wouldn't have an ongoing need to keep translators etc. on board to keep chugging away at things.

I do vaguely wonder how it would go if they just tossed the japanese version into foreign app stores. But I'm pretty sure that would make apple mad, and they're not small enough to get away with it like tokyo 7th sisters somehow is. Mostly I'm just curious if they'd have more users if they removed the slight inconvenience of getting into the japanese appstore/using qooapp. But I'm sure doing that would cause all sorts of other headaches for them, in terms of people buying jewels, or their store links to buy tracks not working right.

Still hoping that console game isn't steamlocked to asia, although I really doubt they'd make an english version for hk, seeing as it isn't 1998.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

I missed a login twice in SIF last week for the first time in like a year...

Whaled for Lunar New Year packs to make up for it, and man, my gacha luck continues to hold, albeit I’m not getting as much as I used to (as I cut back on whaling):

63 URs, 20 idolized (after I SSR seal idolized Job Kanan for her birthday).

Leos Klein
Mar 11, 2011

ALL HAIL CARDIEL

GhostStalker posted:

I missed a login twice in SIF last week for the first time in like a year...

Whaled for Lunar New Year packs to make up for it, and man, my gacha luck continues to hold, albeit I’m not getting as much as I used to (as I cut back on whaling):

63 URs, 20 idolized (after I SSR seal idolized Job Kanan for her birthday).

I'm so jealous of your hot streak and you got a couple of limited ones too iirc.
I finally got a limited UR of Kanan.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

It's amazing that people didn't bite at a $70 ios game (actually $210, because it was in three versions. Although I don't know there's any real point besides having all the songs. I think the PSP version had like 1/3 of an OVA or something in each?)

As far as I know the iOS and PSP versions were identical except PSP probably didn't have the ""DLC"" which was just some additional free song downloads which I think were only split off because there was a 2GB limit on iOS app packages at the time.

But yeah the versions are basically 'reskins' of the same game, the difference between the versions is which idols are featured in them, which affects
- 15 of the 20 songs (the other 5 are all-765 Pro songs and are the same across the versions)
- the 'main story' you get during the competition mode of the game
- which idols are in the anime video, the premise of which is 'only some of you are able to go to the music festival on Vacation Island'

"something unexpected happens" *everyone besides Miki and Producer peers in at something off-screen*

Zenostein posted:

Honestly I just assume they don't want to go through the hassle of sorting out music rights for overseas markets or having foreign income or something.

The fact that they still bother to region-lock CD release streams both for Cinderella Girls and Million Live does suggest that. Any foreign income they happen to get indirectly given via the Japanese app stores is not something they actually facilitate. I did always suspect they just didn't want to invest that much into translation but Theatre Days is suggesting otherwise. It's probably worth noting that that happened after they started doing lives/LVs in Korea so they would have felt confident they actually had an audience that wants to pay money.

Zenostein posted:

Still hoping that console game isn't steamlocked to asia, although I really doubt they'd make an english version for hk, seeing as it isn't 1998.

I'm gonna get it on PS4 either way, but, it'd be interesting to see if there was any take-up if they did make it widely available at least.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Leos Klein posted:

I'm so jealous of your hot streak and you got a couple of limited ones too iirc.
I finally got a limited UR of Kanan.

Yeah, 5 lims, I think (4 idolized). Camping Dia and Kanan, Birthday (Zodiac?) Nico and Maki. My unidolized is Movie Maki.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Go to bed GhostStalker.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Go to bed GhostStalker.

It’s not even 9pm here in EST? Though I will admit I probably should be going to sleep earlier lol

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Feb 11, 2020

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

I assume everyone here already knows, but for people not on the Discord, English SIFAS hits Feb 25th, the same day as the DV.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
SIFAS global is out!

My id is 111816691 if anyone wants to add me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leos Klein
Mar 11, 2011

ALL HAIL CARDIEL

Request sent

My SIFAS id is 896303403