Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

DandyLion posted:

Lol, never not funny

Also never not funny https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbbque0Y4FU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joke Miriam
Nov 17, 2019

There's nothing funny about putting ketchup on a hot dog.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

There must be some kind of mistake, someone has taken a recording from my town band and labelled it as "Portland Sinfonia."

Bistromatic posted:

John Berkey, one of my favourites. Sad to see his work on a Brian book.

Thanks! I've always wondered how great artists feel when their stuff ends up on a mediocre book (and vice versa, I guess)

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

where the gently caress is the trailer

Prolonged Panorama
Dec 21, 2007
Holy hookrat Sally smoking crack in the alley!

we may get some sort of teaser sooner, but it's pretty rare for trailers to come out more than ~7 months before the film. We're still 10+ months out. If I had to guess I'd say they release it with WW84, on June 5. Maximize the hype and demographic reach.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Teaser in march is the guess elsewhere online.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

I played the Dune boardgame for the first time last weekend, despite owning the reprint since the summer.

Friends, it was good.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Man, I finished God Emperor as audiobook during work. Do I want Heretics and Chapterhouse?

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Man, I finished God Emperor as audiobook during work. Do I want Heretics and Chapterhouse?

Fight the temptation to choose a clear, safe course. That path leads ever down into stagnation.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Imagined posted:

Fight the temptation to choose a clear, safe course. That path leads ever down into stagnation.

Yeah, jump straight into sandworms of dune

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Pussy witches, man.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

sebmojo posted:

Pussy witches, man.

Gotcha.

I will follow my Secher Nbiw and consume all other Dune media. So that you all can learn from my example.

One day my Journal will be found, and you will understand my sacrifice.

*wipes away single tear with my flipper even tho water is anathema to me *knows about as much as @duneauthor **

Speaking of, God Emperor was kinda slow. I didn't really get Hwi Noree and why Leto fell for this obvious Honeypot. I get that she appeals to his long lost humanity and weakens him to a needed extent.. But it felt sudden and clumsy

Jack-Off Lantern fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Feb 9, 2020

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You are taking the advice of Pussy Witches incorrectly. Read that poo poo

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Imagine how slow it would be if the Hwi play didn’t work out. All book of Leto lording over everyone and philosophizing, the end.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Anne Frank Funk posted:

Imagine how slow it would be if the Hwi play didn’t work out. All book of Leto lording over everyone and philosophizing, the end.

That's true, she was just introduced really suddenly. They had one scene before he went all wormzerker for her and went on the proverbial worm knee. I dunno, maybe a scene more would've done it? Or making her resemble Ghani in a way, so that she resembles something he profoundly lost forever long ago and could never reproduce.

But you are right, lording Leto philosophising was really slow. I mean, the reader *does* know the play and all the actors and in a way, the ending all along.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Remember that being successfully murdered in a way that didn't show up in his future vision was his endgame goal.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Heretics and chapterhouse are actually a lot zippier from memory, and worth a read. Pussy witches are good and hilarious, especially when they have a vagina-off with each other - " Nice techniques! for an idiot to use! At the circus!"

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

MikeJF posted:

Remember that being successfully murdered in a way that didn't show up in his future vision was his endgame goal.

It is kinda funny how one Duncan manages to kill him in the end,that one beingThe loving River.

Does he fall on the spot where Paul breaches the old wall or did I mishear that?

Also, is it just me or did Frank really badly want to be or gently caress Duncan Idaho?

Ill totally name my firstborn Jack Louisiana, fwy

Jack-Off Lantern fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Feb 9, 2020

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

sebmojo posted:

Heretics and chapterhouse are actually a lot zippier from memory, and worth a read. Pussy witches are good and hilarious, especially when they have a vagina-off with each other - " Nice techniques! for an idiot to use! At the circus!"

:airquote:sheath fighting:airquote:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

It is kinda funny how one Duncan manages to kill him in the end,that one beingThe loving River.

Does he fall on the spot where Paul breaches the old wall or did I mishear that?

Also, is it just me or did Frank really badly want to be or gently caress Duncan Idaho?

Jack Sumeria or Hank Babylon would be a better comparison

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Don't know about you, but it's probably safe to say everybody else in the thread would really badly want to gently caress Duncan. Or at least watch him climb a wall to completion.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Bubblyblubber posted:

Don't know about you, but it's probably safe to say everybody else in the thread would really badly want to gently caress Duncan. Or at least watch him climb a wall to completion.

male version of

Super Waffle posted:

Nayla getting horned up

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I just finished a rewatch of Lynch's Dune, which I hadn't seen in twenty years. Among all the ludicrous and maddening things about it, I'd forgotten those end credits lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRzVFlZxBv4

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
The end credits kick rear end

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Imagined posted:

I just finished a rewatch of Lynch's Dune, which I hadn't seen in twenty years. Among all the ludicrous and maddening things about it, I'd forgotten those end credits lol

It's an 80s thing, I have no idea why. It's awful but endearing; off the top of my head I think Predator does it, too.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

It's an 80s thing, I have no idea why. It's awful but endearing; off the top of my head I think Predator does it, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9YsrGHmwIg

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Yeah, that's 80s.avi right there.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
The Princess Bride: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VlKgip1fLY

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
There is a fan edit on youtube of the Lynch Dune movie which is long and interesting...

Imagined posted:

Could only be more 80s if the movie ended with the main characters laughing in a semi circle A team style.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Probably. One thing that was more obvious in the notes but doesn't really come across in the original Dune is that Duncan Idaho is meant to be the kind of character who'd be a protagonist in a regular sci-fi series; a muscular, adventurous man's man like Flash Gordon mixed with Conan the Barbarian.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Probably. One thing that was more obvious in the notes but doesn't really come across in the original Dune is that Duncan Idaho is meant to be the kind of character who'd be a protagonist in a regular sci-fi series; a muscular, adventurous man's man like Flash Gordon mixed with Conan the Barbarian.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Gosh his arms are so bulgey and shiny.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Duncan getting chumped early on did a lot to show what kind of pure peril Paul and Jessica were in. Lynch did him dirty by not giving him space to shine before he was cut down.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Duncan Idaho:: Indiana Jones

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Rhode Island Pete

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Yosemite Sam

Montana Max

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Imagined posted:

I always find it really endearing that it's in alphabetical order. *major character* *Baron's doctor from that one scene* *major character*

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Imagined posted:

I can't tell if that's a still shot of each character, or they're just standing really still. Either is unsettling in different ways.

e: also the crashing waves in the background are magnificent.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Tree Bucket posted:

I can't tell if that's a still shot of each character, or they're just standing really still. Either is unsettling in different ways.

e: also the crashing waves in the background are magnificent.
it feels like anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

holy loving poo poo