Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

that’s not so blue eyes white dragon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I still remember watching the last-minute twist in one of the episodes being "You were prepared for Dark Magician.... but you didn't expect Dark Magician GIRL"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

lol it is as good as I remembered
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhqoaIbSGp0

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

you ever think about how transformers was a toy line in the 80’s whose cartoon was birthed solely to sell toys to children and in the year of our lord 2020 it’s a multi-billion dollar franchise whose fans argue over its mistreatment as an intellectual property

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

anyway i’m glad that japan had yugioh and beyblade to their name so it wasn’t solely the united states whose zealous devotion to capitalism warped the brains of its children so devastatingly

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

disneyworld is the new mecca and i hope you've made your pilgrimage

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

homeless snail posted:

disneyworld is the new mecca and i hope you've made your pilgrimage

I guess this is Medina
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTSA709zNzY

Edit: I never listened to the whole song before but hearing the Super Mario Theme in it pushes the same buttons that hearing the FF Prelude in the NieR Raid did

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Feb 10, 2020

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

anyway i’m glad that japan had yugioh and beyblade to their name so it wasn’t solely the united states whose zealous devotion to capitalism warped the brains of its children so devastatingly

Toy based anime ruined a lot of brains in the united states too.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Cowcaster posted:

you ever think about how transformers was a toy line in the 80’s whose cartoon was birthed solely to sell toys to children and in the year of our lord 2020 it’s a multi-billion dollar franchise whose fans argue over its mistreatment as an intellectual property

Luckily the Transformers show I liked as a kid is safe forever. No one else liked Beast Machines, because it was weird and depressing.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

yeah i like my toy commercials weird and depressing too

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Cowcaster posted:

yeah i like my toy commercials weird and depressing too

They didn't even do the toy commercial part right! The show changed all the character designs after the toy designs had been finalized, so they looked nothing alike

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
End game spoilers for planescape torment but I really enjoyed how once you got back to Sigil, you could go and talk to 3 NPCs who all turned out to be forms of Ravel and they are disappearing since Ravel is dead by that point. Unfortunately I've read that the enhanced edition actually removes 2 of the NPCs from endgame Sigil, only leaving behind Mebbeth to interact with though Mebbeth is arguably the most important of the 3 forms of Ravel you in Sigil. Still, it's a shame if the enhanced edition really doesn't let you go say goodbye to Marta and Ei-Vene as well.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/SunhiLegend/status/1226637957240586240

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Jay Rust posted:

Told me she's taking a break from gaming, gotta respect that

You do not, under any circumstances, gotta hand it to her.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I broke my Vita out this weekend because I’ve been sick and wanted to play Everybody’s Golf (Hot Shots). And then I realized that just about every PSX era JRPG is on there and :10bux: later, I’m now playing Vagrant Story after seeing it referenced like 4 times in the past day.

I’m also playing through Judgment, and it is a great game.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
I feel like I should buy the Yakuza remasters and Judgment so that the next day they get announced for PC.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

bentacos posted:

I feel like I should buy the Yakuza remasters and Judgment so that the next day they get announced for PC.

could you do bloodborne, viewtiful joe, and the no more heroes series instead

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i started shadow of war, which i picked up on holiday sale, and after 2-3 hours i might be done with it? i haven't even made it to the army building part but it's just kinda...bleh

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Feb 10, 2020

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

down, or done?

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i will never proofread!!!!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
it's hard to keep up with youth slang these days

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it wouldn’t have mattered so much except it did very much entirely change the meaning of the post depending on which.

bringing today’s conversation full circle to the arkham games: the shadow games (at least the one i played) is literally the same game as city with a lord of the rings coat of paint and a vestigial army building mechanic bolted on. if you didn’t like them you’re not going to like the mordor games, and you shouldn’t feel bad about it

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Shadow of Mordor/War are good examples of Arkham-likes coming with busted combat.

The orcs are cool though, too bad Warner Brothers had to microtransaction the poo poo out of the second game.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I never bought any loot boxes of Shadow of War and beat it fine.

Even got the "true ending" which required you to grind out 100 (this is not hyperbole) stronghold battles after the last story quest

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Being able to beat the game is not my concern with lootboxes.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Yeah they drastically reduced that. Now it's less than ten.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The core design of the game didn't seem compromised in any way, yeah loot boxes suck on principle but just saying it's something you can completely ignore while playing the game, it doesn't even have the psychological envy activation that any online cosmetic lootbox is designed around

May 8, 2006

arkham combat and open-worldness aside, i was just looking for a brain-off game to veg out with. my main issue with SoW is that everything is so slow - movement is okay at best but all the menus take forever, picking stuff up takes to long, managing equipment takes to long, the orcs have unskippable speeches, it's just a drag.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Gripweed posted:

They didn't even do the toy commercial part right! The show changed all the character designs after the toy designs had been finalized, so they looked nothing alike

The show wasn't even called Beast Machines, it was Beast Wars

wow wtf

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The core design of the game didn't seem compromised in any way, yeah loot boxes suck on principle but just saying it's something you can completely ignore while playing the game, it doesn't even have the psychological envy activation that any online cosmetic lootbox is designed around

The game is good but there's no defense for lootboxes that's going to win me over.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

The show wasn't even called Beast Machines, it was Beast Wars

wow wtf

It was called Beast Machines in europe, I believe

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Barudak posted:

It was called Beast Machines in europe, I believe

nope

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

I watched the 1986 film a couple days ago. What a odd movie, but the soundtrack is great.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

After liking Shadow of Mordor I thought what I wanted was just that but more. I'm not sure if War proved me wrong or if it just did things differently in a way I didn't like. Regardless I burned out after 2 areas.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ah its Beast Wars that had different names in regions, Beast Machines was the sequel show/continuation of the story.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Beast Machines is a follow-up to Beast Wars I think.

This is Beast Wars :supaburn:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwcMBpVXzWM

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

bentacos posted:

I will help will this into existence for you and all my friends who have good PCs.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Regy Rusty posted:

After liking Shadow of Mordor I thought what I wanted was just that but more. I'm not sure if War proved me wrong or if it just did things differently in a way I didn't like. Regardless I burned out after 2 areas.

Splitting the first game into two maps basically meant half the orcs you had met disappeared for a big chunk of the game, and the sequel more than doubled down on this mistake.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Maybe if I just finish Yakuza 2 Kiwami that'll work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm gonna post one of the best recent transformers toys

His name's Driver Ted. He's a driving instructor.