Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Gotta get my windshield fixed but the Obrien’s guys don’t come out to my town so I gotta drop it in the big smoke and hang out in the woollies car park (aka the Australian equivalent of the Athenian marketplace) smoking cigarettes for an hour and loudly arguing about which Brand of smokes is best value for money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Agoras Cartoon Connection

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

tardwrangler posted:

Agoras Cartoon Connection

ili
Jul 26, 2003

No smokes seem value for money these days.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I gotta quit tobacco but i find spinless cones to be miserable, but also i've probably rewired my brain to expect a tobacco hit when I smoke a cone.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
One of the many things I loved about vietnam was cigarettes on the breakfast menu

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

ili posted:

No smokes seem value for money these days.

Price of weed has remained stagnant since Ive been buying (18+ years)

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Laserface posted:

Price of weed has remained stagnant since Ive been buying (18+ years)

I never thought about this but you are right. Its rock solid

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Yeah that's pretty groovy hey. Wonder what it'll end up like when weed gets legalised, are we gunna be paying 80 bucks for a 50 in 2030, and twice that in 2035?

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

Caesar Saladin posted:

I gotta quit tobacco but i find spinless cones to be miserable, but also i've probably rewired my brain to expect a tobacco hit when I smoke a cone.

Start vaping weed it's how I got out

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Reminds me of when a goon was comparing beer price to weed, and how better it was to buy weed

While I rolled around on a couch stoned out of my loving mind

Thanks smirk

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

ili posted:

Yeah that's pretty groovy hey. Wonder what it'll end up like when weed gets legalised, are we gunna be paying 80 bucks for a 50 in 2030, and twice that in 2035?

As long as some derro can grow a bale in his back lot for the cost of a looted construction site it'll stay cheap as poo poo.

How much is street weed? Is medicinal cheap too?

Store bought stuff up here is ~$20 a gram, but that's because noones buying it in favour of calling a scruffy guy who'll drop off an eighth for the same price he always charged and oh hey you want a shopping bag of shake for free? Just give him a bottle of coco nutbutter when you're done.

A Cigarette company paid me to do a bunch of cannabis market research and the consensus was people would pay about 30% more than black market prices for weed. Mostly because of the convenience and knowing you're getting higher/consistent quality.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

i was gonna say that foils and 50s are always gonna be the same price bc they're a function of price not quantity but then I remembered the old dude who sold me weed and told me foils used to be 20 bucks in the 70s

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Outrail posted:

As long as some derro can grow a bale in his back lot for the cost of a looted construction site it'll stay cheap as poo poo.

How much is street weed? Is medicinal cheap too?

Store bought stuff up here is ~$20 a gram, but that's because noones buying it in favour of calling a scruffy guy who'll drop off an eighth for the same price he always charged and oh hey you want a shopping bag of shake for free? Just give him a bottle of coco nutbutter when you're done.

A Cigarette company paid me to do a bunch of cannabis market research and the consensus was people would pay about 30% more than black market prices for weed. Mostly because of the convenience and knowing you're getting higher/consistent quality.

Price chat is banned in TCC so its likely not kosher in GBS.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

I have a lot to say on the matter of why people keep voting in our current government despite them being self serving and corrupt but this is not AUSPOL so I'm keeping it to myself

My Mrs and I have spoken at length about moving to NZ or the UK but also idk if I want to live in the country that voted on brexit and keeps re-electing the same type of politicians that Australia does.

Maybe I'll just gently caress off to the Arctic circle countries, they're nice and have good progressive politics and actually give a poo poo about the environment lol

ili
Jul 26, 2003

McSpergin posted:

Maybe I'll just gently caress off to the Arctic circle countries, they're nice and have good progressive politics and actually give a poo poo about the environment lol

Problem is they've got shite weather. Was looking for a place like Norway but in the tropics but there's gently caress all out there hey. Like I don't think that's a better combination of economy, society and climate better than here.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Where to get good dress shoes?

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I bought some not craftsmen boots at the outlet place in fyshwik as my dress shoes

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo

McSpergin posted:

I have a lot to say on the matter of why people keep voting in our current government despite them being self serving and corrupt but this is not AUSPOL so I'm keeping it to myself

My Mrs and I have spoken at length about moving to NZ or the UK but also idk if I want to live in the country that voted on brexit and keeps re-electing the same type of politicians that Australia does.

People are fucken stupid is what it is. I always wanted to live in the UK but after the last few years? Nahh. We have it a bit poo poo here but in comparison it seems alright.

I've had 2 pedestal fans seize up the past week wtf. Is this a plot by the big fan companies to get me back into bunnings?

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

I'm going to move to Tassie if it gets too hot up here.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

It’s really yuck to me that Americans all sit down simultaneously to watch the oscars or the Grammys. Say what you want about the 100 at least you can sink vodka sodas in a pool at the same time.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Laserface posted:

Price chat is banned in TCC so its likely not kosher in GBS.

Oops. Sorry mods! I'll keep it halal I swear.

well why not posted:

It’s really yuck to me that Americans all sit down simultaneously to watch the oscars or the Grammys. Say what you want about the 100 at least you can sink vodka sodas in a pool at the same time.

Mate. One thing I really miss is the 100 with some lamb chops on the grill and an esky full of EB.

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST

Airstream Driver posted:

I'm going to move to Tassie if it gets too hot up here.

a friend sent me a photo last week of someones Hilux in tassie with a sticker across their entire front windscreen advocating for the KKK with a n-word thrown in for good measure

not saying theres more of that in Tassie than up here but if you see the car pls put a brick through his window

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

idk man stuff is bad here but uprooting your life to go somewhere nicer just seems impossible to me. I wish we could actually fix the problems here.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

well why not posted:

I wish we could actually fix the problems here.

The problem is the people, and fixing them is too close to eugenics.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

I heard the problem was a bloke called Rupert.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

luncheon meat posted:

People are fucken stupid is what it is. I always wanted to live in the UK but after the last few years? Nahh. We have it a bit poo poo here but in comparison it seems alright.

I've had 2 pedestal fans seize up the past week wtf. Is this a plot by the big fan companies to get me back into bunnings?

Artisanal mum and pop stores being blown away by big fan

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

as much as it pains me to say capital rules all and at the moment it's almost completely tied up with a generation whose brains have been cooked by dementia likely due to how much lead their bodies took in. i believe once they die off things will change for the better but not a moment sooner so we just have to survive till then.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

NPR Journalizard posted:

The problem is the people, and fixing them is too close to eugenics.

Wtf is it with people and getting eugenics and education confused

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Wait I thought I was in the bad thread hold on

I had a moth caterpillar bite me on the dick earlier when I was smoking cones and it hurt like hell

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

You've gotta ask them not to use their teeth.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Got side swiped on the way to work, long story short was at the beacon hill road and Warringah road intersection. Me going straight, police had shut the turning lane but not had it coned off so people were still pulling in.

Basically I changed from left lane to centre lane, and within a second or two of that a bloke pulled out of the right lane into the rear passenger door of my car. The timing was so that he'd looked, and as he went to change lanes I'd changed lanes.

Who would you think is at fault here? Imo he's completely at fault because I'd changed lane where there was space but according to his insurer, we're both at fault.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
My little weed crop turned into a sausage fest. Its like that pic you aren't supposed to post.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

McSpergin posted:

Got side swiped on the way to work, long story short was at the beacon hill road and Warringah road intersection. Me going straight, police had shut the turning lane but not had it coned off so people were still pulling in.

Basically I changed from left lane to centre lane, and within a second or two of that a bloke pulled out of the right lane into the rear passenger door of my car. The timing was so that he'd looked, and as he went to change lanes I'd changed lanes.

Who would you think is at fault here? Imo he's completely at fault because I'd changed lane where there was space but according to his insurer, we're both at fault.

It's hosed but yeah I think that's how that scenario works.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Airstream Driver posted:

It's hosed but yeah I think that's how that scenario works.

Hmmmm.

So I guess I gotta figure out if it'll buff out. Thankfully was at low speed so it's fairly mild. Mainly a bit of a scrape but I reckon it'll buff out no dramas

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Nah if you were already in the lane going straight it's on him. If you were still coming across then you get joint custody of the dent.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

My memory is a touch foggy but I'm 99% certain I was in the going straight lane. It's not terrible so it'll probably buff out tbh

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Advice please ausgoons. As my career winds along I'm finding it harder and harder to concentrate on some aspects of my job particularly the paperwork side which as a teacher is at least 60% of my workload. I find it far more enjoyable to be doing something hands on which was a problem when I was cooking full time and doing uni because my hands on quota was met and the paperwork and concentrating poo poo wasn't too much of a burden. I don't want to self diagnose but think theres probably something the medical world could do to help out and would like to explore options.

I know a couple of people in here take prescribed dex or ritilan to help them function day to day but I wonder who you'd broach that sort of poo poo with a doctor cause something needs to change and preferably sooner rather than later. Thanks in advance!

ili
Jul 26, 2003

I told my gp I had loads of trouble sitting still and concentrating on boring poo poo, she told me I couldn't be adhd but still referred me for testing anyway. Came back p bloody adhd so a psych gave me ritalin, it helps a bit but boring poo poo is still boring.

Best thing I've done in relation to the diagnosis is move sideways into a job with as little boring routine mindless work as possible, it means more stress cos poo poo's always going wrong or something else is blowing up but the plus side is it's usually interesting enough to keep my attention and I get to palm off at least some of the production tasks to people who like doing the same thing every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

McSpergin posted:

Draw us a diagram, wordy descriptions don't often get the full picture. That said it sounds like a collision that happened with me a couple of years back, and insurance agreed it was all the other car's fault.

If you're in a lane and they merge into you, that's it - they're at fault. It's pretty simple really, even if there's the whole "oh he looked then looked back and blah blah blah" he didn't look well enough and he merged into another car. Unless you both met somewhere in the middle of the lane because you both merged at the same time. 'swhy I'd want to see a diagram.