Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

now that sword has been revealed i'd bet money aokiji is a part of that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i dont think its fair to say jimbei wasn't loyal to big mom. for his purposes and for that time, they were in an alliance. he would have left with no drama if big mom wasn't insane as hell

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Yeah, big mom protecting FI was still better than them going at it alone or turning to the WG

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

No Men Here. Only Monsters.

Professorjuggalo posted:

Yeah, big mom protecting FI was still better than them going at it alone or turning to the WG

God, that must've been hard choice for King Neptune to make. Sign up with that crazy bitch or join up with the people who enslave your people.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Apocalypse posted:

God, that must've been hard choice for King Neptune to make. Sign up with that crazy bitch or join up with the people who enslave your people.

Thankfully an even crazier man who will destroy the place came along to help out.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Apocalypse posted:

I mean, all she asked for in exchange was candy.

Pretty good deal, all things considered.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Begemot posted:

Fishman Island salt water taffy is probably super good.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Mraagvpeine posted:

I've thought Monster Point was his awakened form.

Could well be since something to that effect was mentioned by Mr. 2 or Crocodile during the Impel Down arc.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Begemot posted:

Yeah, Big Mom does seem better as a protection racket goes than Kaido at least, as little as that says. Her demands are pretty clear and not inhumane, though there's the predictable cost of pissing her off, and even then she's willing to get pissed off at someone you blame for wrecking your factory rather than you if you have an excuse. (Though she seemed to see right through Luffy's bluff but willing to transfer the grudge anyway, maybe because she was in a good mood)

Apocalypse posted:

And even once he does come to the WG table, their nobles were one whim away from enslaving his own daughter in front of him regardless of the consequences. Really probably not far off what it's like dealing with a colonial empire as a minority people- even if they're willing to invite you to the table, it's entirely at their leisure, and you can never let your guard down.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Crasical posted:

Is there another type of Shonen Manga...?

Uh, fights and jokes, I guess. So two types.

Yes, many. There are thousands of shonen series. You can’t possibly think they all fall into 2 categories? Adventure, sports, mystery, horror, romance, various types of dramas.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Poop and poo poo and One Piece

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

Chopper will finally Awaken the Human Human Fruit during his fight with Doc Q, transforming him into Bishonen Chopper.
Everybody getting uncomfortable at the sight of Handsome Chopper sounds like something Oda would do as a gag.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
It'd be pretty hype if Chopper creates his own artificial version of the Sulong form.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Isn't that just the Monster Point? Then again, he doesn't know how to generate electricity.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

It'd be pretty hype if Chopper creates his own artificial version of the Sulong form.

I should have realized earlier that the Zou-ans were related to Zoans.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Supersonic Shine posted:

Isn't that just the Monster Point? Then again, he doesn't know how to generate electricity.

I wouldn't say so. The Sulong seems much more elegant and focused.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Handsome Point

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

That was kind of my thinking; Chopper's powers are workable, but pretty inelegant. I can see him getting a powerup (yeah, yeah, I know) in Elbaf, where being able to turn giant isn't going to be enough to pull through in a fight.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Ringo Roadagain posted:

You can’t possibly think they all fall into 2 categories?

I think you'll find I absolutely can think that. :downs: Don't understimate the wild generalizations I'm willing to think.

Is it intelligent, reasonable, or accurate? No.
Could I think of any shonen manga that didn't fall into those two categories when I wrote that or at this moment? Also no.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Green Intern posted:

Handsome Point

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Now I want Carrot to get Kanjuro's fruit.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I forgot Marge-Brook

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

His tiny form is called brain point, even, and it has a scan technique that lets him deduce someone's weakness!

He's used that like.. maybe twice ever? :v:

Hey man it also shoots beams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYzYsNXVKg8

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://twitter.com/wotablue__001/status/1226370281683374080?s=19

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Luffy's ultimate super mode looking totally hosed up is great

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
There’s totally going to be a Gear 5 after Luffy awakens his fruit.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Gear 5 Luffy goes black and white and literally becomes a classic cartoon character.

And now I want to see the whole One Piece cast in classic cartoon style.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

So when Luffy's fruit awakens he'll basically be able to turn the battleground into a giant bouncy castle right? What happened to Cracker, except instead of being sent flying three towns over, you fly straight into Luffy's fist coming just as fast in the opposite direction

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Luffy should be able to turn other people into rubber at-will, punch their heads a mile outward, then hit them on the rebound with a kong gun with their normal bodies back

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Gear 5 Luffy goes black and white and literally becomes a classic cartoon character.

And now I want to see the whole One Piece cast in classic cartoon style.

rubberhose, huh

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

One Piece Movie 6 is hilariously hosed up, I love it

I guess my favorite textbook anime plot OP movie is 7 cause I dig the Zoro backstory character and the fights were cool

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Parrotine posted:

One Piece Movie 6 is hilariously hosed up, I love it

I guess my favorite textbook anime plot OP movie is 7 cause I dig the Zoro backstory character and the fights were cool
That's 5, 7 was the one with the weird pseudo-Gear Second and audible titty bouncing.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Oh that's right, been too long since I last watched it :doh:

I dont remember anything about movie 7 except for that HUGE gently caress off attack at the end that split the drat island in half. Put that one in your Kaidou vs Luffy fight Oda :stonk:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Wachter posted:

So when Luffy's fruit awakens he'll basically be able to turn the battleground into a giant bouncy castle right? What happened to Cracker, except instead of being sent flying three towns over, you fly straight into Luffy's fist coming just as fast in the opposite direction

He'll absolutely master this technique within a day, because if you could turn your surroundings into a bouncy castle at any time why the hell wouldn't you

Also something something Gummi Bears

Actually on that note it absolutely makes sense why Oda specifically chose the goofiest looking power he could think of for the hero, because it means he never stops being fun.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Ghost Leviathan posted:

He'll absolutely master this technique within a day, because if you could turn your surroundings into a bouncy castle at any time why the hell wouldn't you

Also something something Gummi Bears

Actually on that note it absolutely makes sense why Oda specifically chose the goofiest looking power he could think of for the hero, because it means he never stops being fun.

I think he's on record as saying that that's basically the exact reason he has the Gum Gum fruit. There's always an element of comedy.

Demonicpoodle
Jul 9, 2012

Something inside me calls out passionately to the landscape I saw - the end of the sea of corruption to which you led me.

Parrotine posted:

Oh that's right, been too long since I last watched it :doh:

I dont remember anything about movie 7 except for that HUGE gently caress off attack at the end that split the drat island in half. Put that one in your Kaidou vs Luffy fight Oda :stonk:

This brings up a good point about Kaido vs Luffy. What the actual gently caress kind of final attack are we gonna get? Luffy *split the loving city* when he finished off Doflamingo. Is Wano gonna get completely demolished even worse than Marineford maybe? We saw what just one of Kaido's Boro Breaths can do to the landscape.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
He’s gonna punch Kaido so hard that the entire island of Wano is turned into a normal island that the rest of the world can easily sail to. Like Luffy won’t just “open Wano to the world”, he will literally destroy all the geographical features that make it so hard to sail to on accident.

Demonicpoodle
Jul 9, 2012

Something inside me calls out passionately to the landscape I saw - the end of the sea of corruption to which you led me.

i am tim! posted:

He’s gonna punch Kaido so hard that the entire island of Wano is turned into a normal island that the rest of the world can easily sail to. Like Luffy won’t just “open Wano to the world”, he will literally destroy all the geographical features that make it so hard to sail to on accident.

Yooo that'd be dope. Would completely get rid of the isolationism and open it up. Might even be a mini-version of how the end of the series will go.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Luffy becoming Plastic Man would be obscenely overpowered.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I like that just two arcs after Dressrosa, Oda had Luffy get comically obese off of Cracker's biscuits and use Gear 4th to turn himself into a walking fortress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Supersonic Shine posted:

Luffy becoming Plastic Man would be obscenely overpowered.

I like that just two arcs after Dressrosa, Oda had Luffy get comically obese off of Cracker's biscuits and use Gear 4th to turn himself into a walking fortress.

He even finished the fight with his giant haki belly. That was great.