Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Fartbox posted:

Path of Exile and Diablo 3 are... bad.

I'm sorry you wasted time on either of them. That is time you will never get back. Soon, when you are on your deathbed and thinking back on your life, you will recall the time lost playing those videogames and a single tear shall roll down your cheek before you die horribly

Same but for the SA forums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

QuarkJets posted:

Same but for the SA forums

You didn't see the Simpsons meme I posted.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I don't even remember those yellow zombies so they can't have been that big of a pain

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

precision posted:

I don't even remember those yellow zombies so they can't have been that big of a pain

They only appear on level 4 (the last cathedral level).

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

precision posted:

They're called bart and Lisa

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

My dream game would be a more skill based Diablo style isometric game. Just something that looked like Diablo but was philosophically a little more dark Souls.

Like instead of just mindlessly clicking you have to proper dodge, block, manage finite items etc.

thats your dream game? So lame. Mine is a VR game where you can really feel the weight of the huge VR titties on your face

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Caesar Saladin posted:

thats your dream game? So lame. Mine is a VR game where you can really feel the weight of the huge VR titties on your face

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Caesar Saladin posted:

Can I support you on Kickstarter?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

VR but you can SMELL the anime in your face

ChazTurbo
Oct 4, 2014

poverty goat posted:

VR but you can SMELL the anime in your face

Be careful what you wish for
https://feelreal.com/

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
poo poo I just read an article from Forbes that said the console wars are over and mobile gaming won, when did that happen?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
My dream game is just a 100 hour version of Journey

Like, you travel through a lot more ruins and get even more story and that sweet Austin Winters soundtrack

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

precision posted:

My dream game is just a 100 hour version of Journey

Like, you travel through a lot more ruins and get even more story and that sweet Austin Winters soundtrack

Journey plays nicely on my iPhone, but the atmosphere is kind of lost on such a small screen..

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I mean Journey's whole style is super inspired by Team Ico/Ueda games so you could just play all three of those and that's like 40 of your 100 hours right there. And tbh I think all of them are better than Journey, although Journey is very good for what it is.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Journey is better than the 3 Ueda games.

It's not really fair to compare Journey to any other game, though. It transcends video games and is probably the only one that does so in such a spectacular way.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Waltzing Along posted:

Journey is better than the 3 Ueda games.

It's not really fair to compare Journey to any other game, though. It transcends video games and is probably the only one that does so in such a spectacular way.

:agreed:

I love the Ueda games but I don't see the comparison. They're super puzzle intensive, which Journey... isn't. I also think the general atmospheres are quite different.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Dark Forces doesn't hold up as well as doom

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ikanreed posted:

Is there a way to get the aiming up/down to work in a non-poo poo way?

I guess you could play with a gamepad and map those keys to the vertical axis of the left toadstool :thunk:

E: yes thank you again Samsung keyboard i definitely want to play Star Wars with a loving gamelan.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

ikanreed posted:

Dark Forces 1 and 2 hold up ok IMO, but Jedi Outcast came out on the switch a few months ago and it’s straight up unplayable in 2020

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Outpost22 posted:

poo poo I just read an article from Forbes that said the console wars are over and mobile gaming won, when did that happen?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

"Casual" gamers are the most hard-core gamers by any reasonable definition of hard core.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Rock My Socks! posted:

Dark Forces 1 and 2 hold up ok IMO, but Jedi Outcast came out on the switch a few months ago and it’s straight up unplayable in 2020

Outcast’s fine mechanically but a lot of the early levels are straight up dick-kickingly hard. The multiplayer/bot matches should still be good, I would think.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Jerry Cotton posted:

"Casual" gamers are the most hard-core gamers by any reasonable definition of hard core.

Back in the day I raided in wow with casuals and then with a hardcore guild and the casuals worked twice as hard for twice as many hours to get anything done

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Rock My Socks! posted:

You've forgotten how bullshit and unintuitive the level design usually was

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Rock My Socks! posted:

I don't think you "get" the Switch.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Chomp8645 posted:

I don't think you "get" the Switch.

What’s there to not “get” about the switch?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Outcast should have accelerated the weapons curve, so you had your entire slate of weapons by the time you got your lightsaber

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Ugly In The Morning posted:

What’s there to not “get” about the switch?

Half the point of owning is switch is repurchasing games you already played to death years ago, playing em for five minutes, and then never touching again.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Chomp8645 posted:

Half the point of owning is switch is repurchasing games you already played to death years ago, playing em for five minutes, and then never touching again.

Ah, yes, the true switch experience. I have so many games on there that I rebought because I thought it would be fun to play them on the go and then just never bothered with.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I really want a Wii U.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Jerry Cotton posted:

I really want a Wii U.

As someone who had one- there's some decent exclusives and I liked Pikmin 3, but it's really a poorly concieved platform top to bottom that Nintendo needed to make a clean break from with the Switch.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It is a shame, the Wii U tablet is way way more ergonomic and comfortable than it should be.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The Wii U basically gave me whiplash from the surprisingly good design decisions mixed with absolutely bafflingly poor ones.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

What was it your very first Nintendo console?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I mean, even moreso than usual.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The Wii U was better before they started porting everything to the switch. Now it is a nearly dead system that is limping it's way to the finish line, the crowd watching anxiously to see if it will make it or if it will keel over before breaking the tape.

It's down to 2 games and a couple remakes now.

SM3DW.
Pikmin 3.
WWHD/TPHD.

Is there anything else? A Yoshi or Kirby game maybe? Once they are all ported the system is completely dead. Right now it still has some life.

But seriously, before the switch, there was a lot of good stuff on it. Definitely enough to make it worth having. 10-20 really good exclusives in this day and age is pretty good.

E: Xenoblade X and Kirby Rainbow Curse.

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Feb 10, 2020

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Captain Toad is one of the best games I've ever played.

Phobos Anomaly
Jul 23, 2018
The original translation of Breath of Fire 2 is better than the fan retranslation. The retranslation lacks the charm of the original, is too crass/amercanized, and loses a lot of the emotional weight of certain scenes.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Phobos Anomaly posted:

The original translation of Breath of Fire 2 is better than the fan retranslation. The retranslation lacks the charm of the original, is too crass/amercanized, and loses a lot of the emotional weight of certain scenes.

BoF 2 is a poorly balanced mess of a game. you basically can not progress at certain areas without massive amounts of level grinding.

not like BoF 1 at all, that game is perfectly balanced. You get exactly the amount of XP you need to keep the game challenging without grinding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
While I'm not disagreeing at all, who the hell is still playing BoF1 in this day and age? I loved it as a kid, but it's hardly Citizen Kane.