Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Crowsbeak posted:

She is right. That person is pretty morally repugnant. Jordan Peterson deserves sympathy, despite him being a over educated idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

uber_stoat posted:

actually, Peterson has only ever made the world a worse place with his behavior and it's kind of funny that his sociopath daughter shipped him off to a shady Russian clinic to have him lobotomized so she can usurp his finances.

Nah. It sounds like you might be the sociopath here. Maybe you should talk to a psychiatrist to figure out why you want a person suffering from addiction to be lobotomized. Along with what medical attention would be required to regulate such thoughts.

Also working dod to help them drone Yemeni children is far worse then writing 12 rules to life.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Crowsbeak posted:

Nah. It sounds like you might be the sociopath here. Maybe you should talk to a psychiatrist to figure out why you want a person suffering from addiction to be lobotomized.

I want him to fall down a well. Is that okay?

Hey, when did the forum title get all New York Timesesque?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

It's good that the guy who became famous for refusing to use the correct pronouns for trans people is dying, imo

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

prefect posted:

I want him to fall down a well. Is that okay?

Hey, when did the forum title get all New York Timesesque?

Well. If it’s by accident that’s fine. Also is Jordan Peterson really worse than a person who made it easier for dod to murder afghanis and Yemenis?

Also really telling that the wokelords are using what was a year ago said to be alt right memes when it’s suggested you should not want an addict lobotomized or murdered.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Crowsbeak posted:

She is right. That person is pretty morally repugnant. Jordan Peterson deserves sympathy, despite him being a over educated idiot.

from "we must throw anyone who has listened to this man in the reeducation camps" to "actually taking pleasure in his downfall is bad"

horny is a cruel master

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

from "we must throw anyone who has listened to this man in the reeducation camps" to "actually taking pleasure in his downfall is bad"

horny is a cruel master

Ah. There’s the classic radlib sexism.

Now if someone listens to Ben Shapiro Of Johnathan Chait. Yeah throw them in to Gulags as inherently thir ideas have gotten people murdered. Of course radlibs for the sake of the left will also get gulags. But that’s just called good praxis

Lol also I forgot you suggested someone was a neonazi while using the cops destruction of that compound in philly as a good thing. As always, purge radlibs for praxis.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

uber_stoat posted:

actually, Peterson has only ever made the world a worse place with his behavior and it's kind of funny that his sociopath daughter shipped him off to a shady Russian clinic to have him lobotomized so she can usurp his finances.

it is, darkly funny. in that he presented him self as this moral leader and whatever the gently caress as his grift for years but it turns out he wasn't a mountain of a man and instead a regular dweeb like the rest of us that oh so easily found themselves in a horrible fate

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Crowsbeak posted:

Ah. There’s the classic radlib sexism.

Now if someone listens to Ben Shapiro Of Johnathan Chait. Yeah throw them in to Gulags as inherently thir ideas have gotten people murdered. Of course radlibs for the sake of the left will also get gulags. But that’s just called good praxis

We already know you're going to tell us to "have some class" when we laugh about Ben Shapiro going to the hospital because he was left dangling by his underwear up a flagpole overnight

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

MizPiz posted:

We already know you're going to tell us to "have some class" when we laugh about Ben Shapiro going to the hospital because he was left dangling by his underwear up a flagpole overnight

That be hilarious. Hell if he was the only one to get killed by some neonazi that also be funny. Because he has actively fanned the flames of neonazis. Chait dying from some wahabi terror would also be funny as his columns have actively fanned the flames of wahhabi terror. Hell if a wokescold like the original tweeter in question died in a terror incident that would also be funny as they designed weapons systems that caused more people to hate the USA and western countries.

Crowsbeak has issued a correction as of 22:14 on Feb 9, 2020

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Crowsbeak posted:

Now if someone listens to Ben Shapiro Of Johnathan Chait. Yeah throw them in to Gulags as inherently thir ideas have gotten people murdered.

transphobic ideology gets people murdered every day you absolute dunce

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Varinn posted:

transphobic ideology gets people murdered every day you absolute dunce

And how did Peterson get any trans person killed? Shapiro has actually been quoted by neonazis that murdered people. Both him and Chait have been given plaudits by congressitters who voted for dod spending and voted for wars that have killed hundreds of thousands.

Also I can see no denial that the tweeter in question is probs covering up for their actual actions which they profited handsomely from having gotten people murdered but hey. Got to get that hate in on Peterson over someone who definitely has profited from the deaths of foreigners.

Crowsbeak has issued a correction as of 22:26 on Feb 9, 2020

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Grevling posted:

I wish Varn would talk more about how much he hates Chapo, it's great.

If you're expecting anything good or insightful I think you'll be disappointed. I once heard him criticize Chapo by saying something like: "why would you waste your time mocking people you think are stupid instead of seeking out worthy opponents with intelligent arguments".

When I stumbled across the Zero Books podcast I was briefly excited by what seemed to be an archive or more in depth and theoretical discussions about Marxism and related topics but after a few episodes I had this dawning realization that Varn is one of the most insufferable people I've ever listened to. I swear there were at least two or three different occasions where he would complain that X group thought he supported them but he really didn't, or that he was very concerned that his words not be misconstrued as support for X position. I honestly have never come across another person, especially one of such relative obscurity, who seemed to live in terror of the prospect that they might one day be misinterpreted as having a single positive belief or identification with something.

Crowsbeak posted:

And how did Peterson get any trans person killed? Shapiro has actually been quoted by neonazis that murdered people. Both him and Chait have been given plaudits by congressitters who voted for dod spending and voted for wars that have killed hundreds of thousands.

Also I can see no denial that the tweeter in question is probs covering up for their actual actions which they profited handsomely from having gotten people murdered but hey. Got to get that hate in on Peterson over someone who definitely has profited from the deaths of foreigners.

:ughh:

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Helsing posted:

If you're expecting anything good or insightful I think you'll be disappointed. I once heard him criticize Chapo by saying something like: "why would you waste your time mocking people you think are stupid instead of seeking out worthy opponents with intelligent arguments".

When I stumbled across the Zero Books podcast I was briefly excited by what seemed to be an archive or more in depth and theoretical discussions about Marxism and related topics but after a few episodes I had this dawning realization that Varn is one of the most insufferable people I've ever listened to. I swear there were at least two or three different occasions where he would complain that X group thought he supported them but he really didn't, or that he was very concerned that his words not be misconstrued as support for X position. I honestly have never come across another person, especially one of such relative obscurity, who seemed to live in terror of the prospect that they might one day be misinterpreted as having a single positive belief or identification with something.

having never heard of this person I found the post-Corbyn and post-Iowa specials with the sci-fi author dude a bit refreshing compared to the manic depressive attitudes the rest of the podcast left seems to adopt in those circumstances, but have absolutely no desire to seek out or listen to anything else he's done

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006

Helsing posted:

Yeah I was also disappointed by that pretty quickly and stopped paying attention a long time ago.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
me, I personally feel incredibly sorry that Peterson ate poo poo in his debate, and more so that his psycho daughter is killing him. he however does not warrant the most basic sympathy that Dasha-Beta, a huge psycho on top of everything else, believes he needs.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Helsing posted:

I only listened to the one linked, and there his criticism of Amber was something about how telling people to support a cause (i.e. Bernie) that's not your exact ideal vision is liberalism, actually. He sounds like someone who might have embarrassed himself a couple times by over-zealously embracing a specific tendency as a form of self-identity, and subsequently reacts by rejecting any label to avoid further embarrassment.

B B
Dec 1, 2005

At the Chapo live show. Matt accidentally showed his rear end to the crowd as he was leaving the stage to get another drink lmao

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Jordan Peterson deserves to suffer, because he's Canadian. 😈

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Trying to find a podcast someone linked a while ago, something like song for a dying country? I don't even remember what it was about but it seemed intriguing

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The Chad Jihad posted:

Trying to find a podcast someone linked a while ago, something like song for a dying country? I don't even remember what it was about but it seemed intriguing

Ghost Stories for the End of the World?

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

or chris hedges book 'america the farewell tour'

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Ghost Stories for the End of the World?

Yeah that was it, thank you. I will also investigate the book

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's fine to take pleasure on Jordan Peterson's suffering, just that people manage to somehow be so boring and tedious about it.

Crowsbeak posted:

Dasha really was great in the premium episode where she said that Ultrawoke need to be ostracized for the left to move forward.

Luckily, they're pretty good at ostracising themselves in the long run, when they're not dropping out to do cocaine professionally and/or going back to their parents' private islands.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Crowsbeak posted:

Dasha really was great in the premium episode where she said that

lol

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Crowsbeak posted:

Dasha really was great in the premium episode where she said that Ultrawoke need to be ostracized for the left to move forward.

Thankfully she's ostrazied herself

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Helsing posted:

Is it just that you find him unlikable or also that he doesn't know what he's talking about? He does have a certain self-importance but I tend to find what he says interesting.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you listen to too many twitter podcasts you end up like crows beak, be warned

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

B B posted:

At the Chapo live show. Matt accidentally showed his rear end to the crowd as he was leaving the stage to get another drink lmao

"accidentally"

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

If you listen to too many twitter podcasts you end up like crows beak, be warned

can confirm i saw this in an Are You Afraid of the Dark episode

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Ace of Baes posted:

Jordan Peterson deserves to suffer, because he's Canadian. 😈

Fact.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
I am good with ideological enemies having a bad time.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

B B posted:

we need a matt and stav podcast now

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Farm Frenzy posted:

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Crowsbeak posted:

Oh hey the pronoun engineer worked for a company while they had a contract to due work on drones for DoD. GIRL POWER.

link for this? i’ve enjoyed her stuff exposing nazis

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Crowsbeak posted:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The Peterson thing is a great example of something being very funny and very sad at the same time.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Farm Frenzy posted:

3rd mike would be Branson from E1

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

a fatguy baldspot posted:

link for this? i’ve enjoyed her stuff exposing nazis

Go to her personal website and go through her resume link. The company she worked for in Charlottesville had dod contracts and she talks about working for a company in Charlottesville. Also she currently works for a company that develops technologies to immediately buy up properties that go on the market. Which if you frequent the doomsday economics thread means she helps develop technologies that make it easier for banks to snap up properties in cities and make them unavailable for normal people. Like seriously she may align against neonazis but it’s like as a form of secular indulgences for working for the worse companies in the world. Yes capitalism is an evil system from head to toe, and there is no ethical consumption as Sonic the Hedgehog says but directly profiting from its violence and its overt exploitation is probably the worse thing you can do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

coathat posted:

3rd mike would be Branson from E1

"Fat Guys Showing rear end," the most popular podcast in the history of podcasts,