Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

explosivo posted:

I'm just about in the same place, but I'm only now able to slowly farm some Radlands gear after a 16 day and counting rebirth. Do you still find it beneficial to keep doing 24 hour rebirths? I still don't have the Bank V started for Adv Training yet so maybe that has something to do with it, but I was planning on at least trying to finish all the pieces to the Radlands set before rebirthing again.

Rebirths + Fruits are your main source of XP. Not too mention the Number benefits rebirths bring. And yea, getting Banks is super important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

KazigluBey posted:

I'm having trouble with transitioning to Exile v3, let alone v4; So far when it comes to Titans I've slowly coasted to the point autokills become available and then moved up in versions, but the high Exile autokill thresholds combined with no other gear set to work on post-Radlands means I'm not really sure how to proceed. Should I be aiming for manual kills only and then move to Sadistic as soon as I can nail a manual kill on v4, leaving autokill farming for much later?
If you don't have anything left to do in Evil then sure, go up to Sadistic to get access to its perks/wishes. If you get a copy of each of his v4 drops throw them in the daycare and put v3 back on auto-farm because you should get straight back to training adventure stats - v4 autokill is about 3/4s of the way to what you want to start manual killing in Back to School.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
So I just dipped back into Normal to finish off those remaining challenges.

Y'know, that kinda doesn't look right.

e: The Blood Magic Number Bonus (Last Rebirth) also seems to be leaking across challenges.

Jabor fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Feb 8, 2020

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Jabor posted:

e: The Blood Magic Number Bonus (Last Rebirth) also seems to be leaking across challenges.

That NGU is scaled by your current rebirth time factor. Look again in an hour

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Almost done with the first troll challenge. That wasn’t nearly as bad as I expected. Should I keep powering through til i get at least the extra accessory slot, or do they ramp up in difficulty?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Almost done with the first troll challenge. That wasn’t nearly as bad as I expected. Should I keep powering through til i get at least the extra accessory slot, or do they ramp up in difficulty?

The trolls come a little faster, and the target boss gets higher

If you felt like you could easily do another 20-30 bosses with rebirths, you're fine to try the next one

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Trolls are extremely fun when you are at the correct power level. The moment you try and stretch at all they become pretty grindy and if you go oh there's just 1 more after I made it through that one in 2 hours how hard could the final one be? That is when you run into problems because that's probably going to be a 12 hour grind. The one that feels long but manageable is the warning that it's going to feel unwieldy and hopeless on the next one. All the hate comes from people pushing into the extreme end, which to be fair the rewards tend to be really good so the "just one more" is extremely tempting.

Go for the second one, you can also end a challenge early if you do end up stepping into one that is just hell.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Back before cards came out, I bought Adventure stats to move up in Exile versions. Take a look and see if you can get a significant increase for a day or two's worth of experience.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Jabor posted:

The real noteworthy item here is that not only have you picked up the Krissmus skin, you have it on. And now that I think about it, the colour scheme would be better if those triple-coloured bars were just a single colour.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I turn on the Krissmus skin whenever I take screenshots.

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

NGU feature request: in the list of crap to do before rebirthing, tell me if I have empty MacGuffin slots.

I definitely rebirthed a couple days without realizing I had an empty slot thanks to an item set bonus.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
How do i get the NGU gear optimizer to consider the resource cap? With my Max MGU Speed set i would have had 11e18 energy if the cap was not 9e18, so it feels like i have some wasted potential in my gear.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Sneak peek at version 0.0.0.0.0.fuckthisisearly build of game 2:

no actual gameplay yet but look, pretty colours!

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I've got my badly drawn set up to level 100, but the boosts required to max it out are extreme. I'm looking at needing a good 7-8 million in special points to max it all.

I've dumped my PP into Boosted Boosts 1 to take it up to the max level, and i've collected 100 of every boost up to the 200. A single 200 boost will now give me 959 points, but even then, that's still a lot of boosts i need. Is there a quick way to grind them up?

My adventure stats are 314M power and 229 Toughness which isn't that far off from being able to idle Boring rear end Earth. Is the set from there an even bigger jump from the BDW set and should i just boost my adventure stats a little more and idle there instead of maxing out the BDW set?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
BDW is the first set with big Special Stats, which is kind of your cue to finish the 100LvL Challenges. The sort of good news is that they are not very good stats, aside from the Head and maybe the Weapon, so if you got the P/T maxed, its a good idea to farm BAE and then do the challenges after you maxed its levels.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

something posted:

I'm getting Reactor Idle vibes.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

something posted:

The small starting area reminds me of the seablock mod for factorio that slowed the pace of the game almost down to idle game levels. Glad to see that idea taken to its obvious conclusion.

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007
New NGU request that has nothing to do with me loving up and leaving idle quests off for weeks: can we get a light on the quest button when we aren't currently doing a quest

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Kin posted:

I've got my badly drawn set up to level 100, but the boosts required to max it out are extreme. I'm looking at needing a good 7-8 million in special points to max it all.

I've dumped my PP into Boosted Boosts 1 to take it up to the max level, and i've collected 100 of every boost up to the 200. A single 200 boost will now give me 959 points, but even then, that's still a lot of boosts i need. Is there a quick way to grind them up?

My adventure stats are 314M power and 229 Toughness which isn't that far off from being able to idle Boring rear end Earth. Is the set from there an even bigger jump from the BDW set and should i just boost my adventure stats a little more and idle there instead of maxing out the BDW set?

Definitely aim for the Beast first, it's a game-changer. Later on, at ITOPOD level 450 you'll be dropping 1K boosts and that will finally allow to easily max out those stats.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
Picked up NGU idle over the weekend, still early days. I don't have any outstanding questions yet (though newbie tips would be appreciated) I just wanted to say that the game's jargon makes everyone talking about it sound like an unintelligible psychopath and im extremely here for it

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Ixjuvin posted:

Picked up NGU idle over the weekend, still early days. I don't have any outstanding questions yet (though newbie tips would be appreciated)

Congrats! Jump in the NGU Goon channel discord for rapid tips, or just post here.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
:getin: the NGU Idle discord for some goon only perks!

terrenblade
Oct 29, 2012

something posted:

There's goon only perks? I'll be asking about these when I get back home to good screen.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Ixjuvin posted:

Picked up NGU idle over the weekend, still early days. I don't have any outstanding questions yet (though newbie tips would be appreciated) I just wanted to say that the game's jargon makes everyone talking about it sound like an unintelligible psychopath and im extremely here for it

This really is my favorite part of this thread. Whether you're talking about NGU or not most of the time you sound like an insane person when asking for help to someone who has no idea what the game is about.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

something posted:

Am I looking in the wrong place because I only found a ton of excel chat

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

explosivo posted:

This really is my favorite part of this thread. Whether you're talking about NGU or not most of the time you sound like an insane person when asking for help to someone who has no idea what the game is about.

Let's try it with an NES game

Anyone know how to get to the warp pipe that leads to 8-1? Been jumping at it all day, I think I need to get OOB and jump on some bricks up top but not sure how to get there.

yeah, still sounds crazy.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

yeah, I'm sure my friends and I talking loudly about counter-strike and tfc in the uni cafeteria sounded quite well-adjusted

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

something posted:

I didn't realize there was a goon role, do we just message you on the discord?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Am I looking in the wrong place because I only found a ton of excel chat

Yeah you're in the right place, fuckin nerds.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

GB_Sign posted:

I didn't realize there was a goon role, do we just message you on the discord?

yup, pm me on Discord for access.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Adventure communist is like an ad watching simulator

I honestly went back to kittens game. Phone games suck!!!

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

please knock Mom! posted:

:hai: I tried Idle Skiller but bounced off the sheer amount of stuff. Same with trying to pick Realm Grinder back up (interface somehow sucks even worse on mobile).

But, hey, killed the Beast for the first time today! :toot:

Smug Factory
Jun 24, 2009
I'm probably going to hit evil mode in NGU sometime tonight, but I'm not sure if there's anything I should be sure to get before I do. I've already got all the challenges cleared except the last 5 time machines, so is there anything I'm missing?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I've had some fun with Idle Skilling on phone. Its ad-free and is pretty good about the whole "paradigm shift" thing, it keeps adding new skills that all function in unique and interesting ways.

Of course, it makes up for this by being really pay to win. If you're willing to fork over cash you can make just about anything way easier, doubling or tripling (or more) your resource production in all facets of the game. It's thankfully not an awful pace if you spend little to no money; I think I spent about 5 bucks and I'm fine with how fast things are going. But the option is definitely there.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I've been playing the incredibly well named Idle Kingdom Clicker on my phone because it's at least non-intrusive about the ads.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Blattdorf posted:

Definitely aim for the Beast first, it's a game-changer. Later on, at ITOPOD level 450 you'll be dropping 1K boosts and that will finally allow to easily max out those stats.

Aha, OK. I grinded the advanced stats for a bit to let me idle the BAE set. The pieces are only about level 10 so far and I've still got loads of boosts to put in them but they've already exceeded the BDW set.

Is getting a level 69 ring of apathy for the 1st Beast thing fairly easy at this point? I remember it taking a while to get one before and level it up to 100 (in daycare).

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

Arzaac posted:

I've had some fun with Idle Skilling on phone. Its ad-free and is pretty good about the whole "paradigm shift" thing, it keeps adding new skills that all function in unique and interesting ways.

Of course, it makes up for this by being really pay to win. If you're willing to fork over cash you can make just about anything way easier, doubling or tripling (or more) your resource production in all facets of the game. It's thankfully not an awful pace if you spend little to no money; I think I spent about 5 bucks and I'm fine with how fast things are going. But the option is definitely there.

Game gives you free IAP at a rate comparable to NGU, but you're right that IAP purchases are important. The most egregious example being the Infinity Forge which is all but mandatory for mid-late game progression.

The developer is also notoriously slow to fix bugs, though most of the bugs don't pop up til closer to endgame.

Still, I've enjoyed my time with Idle Skilling overall.

terrenblade
Oct 29, 2012

please knock Mom! posted:

Phone games do suck. Try https://pmotschmann.github.io/Evolve/ it's like kittens but better.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Unponderable posted:

Game gives you free IAP at a rate comparable to NGU, but you're right that IAP purchases are important. The most egregious example being the Infinity Forge which is all but mandatory for mid-late game progression.

The developer is also notoriously slow to fix bugs, though most of the bugs don't pop up til closer to endgame.

Still, I've enjoyed my time with Idle Skilling overall.

I've been playing this pretty obsessively on my phone for the past few weeks and bought the starter pack just to get the infinity forge, really. It definitely is the kind of upgrade that seems overpowered as hell. I am loving the game to be honest, but on Android it crashes all the goddamn time for me. Also the ramp-up is not nearly as elegant as it is in NGU, they throw a bunch at you from the start with a few short tutorial sentences for each thing that doesn't help a lot. Menus are confusing as hell too. I'm already pretty well initiated into this kind of thing thanks to NGU so it wasn't horrible but can imagine someone coming to it who hasn't played a game like this before being immediately turned off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

something posted:

I was in there briefly to report a bug (that was actual just a minor display bug that was already known) so I’ve joined the channel. Where do I post for Special Goon Perks?