Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Dangerllama posted:

Do you get to keep unexamined items?

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

I really wish there were similarly detailed games as alternatives. I’d love for there to be a singleplayer version or clone of this game. Preferably with more fun rpg elements.

And not made by mercurial Russian devs with baffling server architecture.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
So, if I was to bankroll a two-man night raid (probably on customs. Might have a third guy, who can pay for himself) to essentially seek-out and murk a couple of players for loot and PVP/ambush experience, what would the finest, cheapest NVGs and suppressors be? Since I'm like, Lv6 now, and I've got 1.2mil - my friend is a few levels down though, so he can't access the flea market, so I'll need to source gear for him, too.

Basically, as for my current setup I have a Vepr 136 that I've made slight modifications to (reflex sight, foregrip, muzzle brake, recoil pad), so I'd like to use that if possible. As for my friend, he found an AK off a stiff a couple of days ago, which he'll use - seeing as it has a sight of some variety, apparently. Neither of us are at home right now, although I suspect he has an AK-103 AK-74, but I could be wrong. I'm pretty sure it has a polymer stock etc and not a wood one, anyway. And the 103 is the only one I can think of, that starts with that.

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Feb 10, 2020

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
The water collector is a pain in the rear end to work with

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Major Isoor posted:

So, if I was to bankroll a two-man night raid (probably on customs. Might have a third guy, who can pay for himself) to essentially seek-out and murk a couple of players for loot and PVP/ambush experience, what would the finest, cheapest NVGs and suppressors be? Since I'm like, Lv6 now, and I've got 1.2mil - my friend is a few levels down though, so he can't access the flea market, so I'll need to source gear for him, too.

Basically, as for my current setup I have a Vepr 136 that I've made slight modifications to (reflex sight, foregrip, muzzle brake, recoil pad), so I'd like to use that if possible. As for my friend, he found an AK off a stiff a couple of days ago, which he'll use - seeing as it has a sight of some variety, apparently. Neither of us are at home right now, although I suspect he has an AK-106, but I could be wrong. I'm pretty sure it has a polymer stock etc and not a wood one, anyway. And the 106 is the only one I can think of, that starts with that.

idk about specific loadouts but you should drop 100k on a FLIR for somebody. way better than nvg's for spotting.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Faffel posted:

idk about specific loadouts but you should drop 100k on a FLIR for somebody. way better than nvg's for spotting.

I was wondering about IR - although what's the range on them? In terms of picking up heat, I mean.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Major Isoor posted:

I was wondering about IR - although what's the range on them? In terms of picking up heat, I mean.

far as gently caress. Further than you'll be able to easily identify them. It's kinda dumb, honestly.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Faffel posted:

far as gently caress. Further than you'll be able to easily identify them. It's kinda dumb, honestly.

:getin: Alright, sounds good to me! I'll give it a squiz when I get home - depending on how much I spend on everything else, I think that's a good way to go.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Major Isoor posted:

:getin: Alright, sounds good to me! I'll give it a squiz when I get home - depending on how much I spend on everything else, I think that's a good way to go.

One guy with the cheap FLIR to guide people in and you probably don't even need NVG's depending on the map.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Major Isoor posted:

Basically, as for my current setup I have a Vepr 136 that I've made slight modifications to (reflex sight, foregrip, muzzle brake, recoil pad), so I'd like to use that if possible. As for my friend, he found an AK off a stiff a couple of days ago, which he'll use - seeing as it has a sight of some variety, apparently. Neither of us are at home right now, although I suspect he has an AK-106, but I could be wrong. I'm pretty sure it has a polymer stock etc and not a wood one, anyway. And the 106 is the only one I can think of, that starts with that.

without getting into how good thermals are (extremely) or the possibility of using the MK1 eyeball with NVIDIA filters to see quite well on a lot of night maps (very depending on the map/weather), this video gives a pretty good overview/breakdown of the various NVG options, there are actually some pretty substantial differences

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

LGD posted:

without getting into how good thermals are (extremely) or the possibility of using the MK1 eyeball with NVIDIA filters to see quite well on a lot of night maps (very depending on the map/weather), this video gives a pretty good overview/breakdown of the various NVG options, there are actually some pretty substantial differences

Oh cool, thanks! I'll give it a look when I get home, so that I don't raise too many eyebrows. :D
I also remember now, that we both pinched some headsets yesterday, so we'll have to take those too.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
While finishing a quest in shoreline today I slipped into the spa and managed to loot a LEDX. Was super excited to get it back for a sweet payday.

I accidentally posted it on the market for 135,000 instead of 1,350,000.

Some market bot earned its wings today.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Bucnasti posted:

While finishing a quest in shoreline today I slipped into the spa and managed to loot a LEDX. Was super excited to get it back for a sweet payday.

I accidentally posted it on the market for 135,000 instead of 1,350,000.

Some market bot earned its wings today.

The only downside of the otherwise stellar change to eliminate listing times.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

Quicksilver6 posted:

I really wish there were similarly detailed games as alternatives. I’d love for there to be a singleplayer version or clone of this game. Preferably with more fun rpg elements.

stalker has been out for so long it's p much a build your own jank simulator

Quicksilver6 posted:

oh...

well uhhh maybe day z??

i mean i guess you just gotta learn to embrace the eurojank and all it's slavic flavours :tif:

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Quicksilver6 posted:

Imagine if you were able to capture scavs, convert them to your cause, train them up, equip them, and send them out to scav for you. Build your bunker up into a compound that you could construct and fortify using all the various materials out in the world. Hire the traders to come set up at your burgeoning town as you complete their quests, getting a slice of what they sell to others roaming the land. Opting in to player invasions for a chance of gaining global reputation that comes around as rewards for custom skins.

I guess just make Metal Gear Solid V again.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings

DaveKap posted:

Imagine if you were able to capture scavs, convert them to your cause, train them up, equip them, and send them out to scav for you. Build your bunker up into a compound that you could construct and fortify using all the various materials out in the world. Hire the traders to come set up at your burgeoning town as you complete their quests, getting a slice of what they sell to others roaming the land. Opting in to player invasions for a chance of gaining global reputation that comes around as rewards for custom skins.

Best of all, they could hire Chris Roberts to design it!!!!

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Well, I did the customs night raid with friends in the end! Instead of it being two of us though, there were three - however although the third man was Lv1, he had a silenced M4. So I brought NVGs and helmets for everyone, a suppressor for my other friend, and the best ammo for both of them. Spent maybe 300-400k all up, I think.

Basically we crossed the northern ford from the west, stumbled upon a player scav heading towards us (presumably to evac, as we joined halfway through...) and I killed him. We then stalked some player PMC to dorms, as we couldn't get a shot off at him. He was then gunned down by other players, then my Lv1 friend died, then I was blown up and my other friend killed one after multiple mag dumps (enemy had high end armour) and scared his mate off.

So yeah, my friend stashed our stuff (I insured everything, so I should get 2/3 helmets, plus my gear) and made it out alive with some great loot. So I broke even, so I'll be happy once my claim comes in. Doesn't sound like much, with only two kills between us - but it was a great experience

...aaaand we then ran scavs and stumbled upon some GREAT loot - so I've actually gained a bit over 100k on top of paying off my night raid expenses! :D I also have a free decked-out silenced M4 that I'll probably give to my Lv1 friend, to replace his old one (he couldn't afford to insure some bits, so I'll swap with him or something, maybe) A good night overall, haha

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

DaveKap posted:

Imagine if you were able to capture scavs, convert them to your cause, train them up, equip them, and send them out to scav for you. Build your bunker up into a compound that you could construct and fortify using all the various materials out in the world.

Well, it’s janky and made by a Chinese dev I’ve never heard of, but Freeman Guerrilla Warfare is probably as close to this description as you can get.

It’s essentially mount and blade with AKs.

quote:

I mean, they DID just release the Official Anime Mod for Freeman...

E: oh, and some madmen implemented weapon mags in STALKER Anomaly. Really all it needs is some rpg skill elements and you got Tarkov methadone

Quicksilver6 fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Feb 10, 2020

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings

Major Isoor posted:

Basically we crossed the northern ford from the west, stumbled upon a player scav heading towards us (presumably to evac, as we joined halfway through...) and I killed him. We then stalked some player PMC to dorms, as we couldn't get a shot off at him. He was then gunned down by other players, then my Lv1 friend died, then I was blown up and my other friend killed one after multiple mag dumps (enemy had high end armour) and scared his mate off.

What do you mean join halfway through? As PMCs, you're always guaranteed to start the raid - generally at 0:00 (if you see the Deploying timer) - but sometimes delayed by up to 2 minutes (if you spawn directly in).

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Cuntpunch posted:

What do you mean join halfway through? As PMCs, you're always guaranteed to start the raid - generally at 0:00 (if you see the Deploying timer) - but sometimes delayed by up to 2 minutes (if you spawn directly in).

Really? Hm, that's weird. Since I'm 100% certain that we spawned in with around 26min left on the clock. Isn't it normally like, 45-60min long? Maybe it varies depending on the map, I guess?

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Most of the maps have had their raid times severely reduced to help with the extra players they gained from the twitch event. Factory is down to 20 minutes, for example.

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

quite a pickle you've got there

Quicksilver6 posted:

No joke, I try playing other games and all I want to play is Tarkov. But I load up and get nothing but crashes and “Matching”. I really wish I was able to have an “offline” profile with persistent loot, I’d buy EOD for that poo poo.

Hopefully one day a competent dev team picks up on this audience and makes something miles better.

InevitableCheese fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Feb 10, 2020

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
i spend most of my time on the fleece market trading ofzs, finding guns with attachments left on, playing gun dress up, and scamming rubes into thinking they got a good deal

no wait times here

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I like immersive shooters, permadeath, and general tension and stakes, but I'm kind of personally over throwing my hat into the shooter ring: Overwatch, PUBG and Apex has shown me I just don't have the time or inclination to get good.

So: how viable is mostly ignoring the other players?

As an example, I'd say it's pretty viable in Hunt: Showdown because you're really just there to get in and get out, which is what this game sounds like. Whereas in most Battle Royales its absolutely all about the pvp. There's no other way those end.

It's not that I dislike fighting other players, but I like how Hunt gives you another angle, another way to eke out some smaller side victories. This sounds like it has some of that?

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Booty Pageant posted:

i spend most of my time on the fleece market trading ofzs, finding guns with attachments left on, playing gun dress up, and scamming rubes into thinking they got a good deal

no wait times here

.. so you're saying people actually buy those blinged out 150/200k+ guns that are maybe worth 50-75% of what ppl are asking? huh.

I've made a couple million over the past couple days buying guns, breaking them apart, and vendoring them to skier/mechanic for a slight profit. Not as much as I'd make actually playing the game and stuffing stuff into my gamma, but whatever.

I do know I'm seriously missing out on the higher level traders though. I need to start actually leveling my PMC past 7 already.

like really, this is ridiculous (those were 4 shoreline runs to kill scavs for lvl5)

just doing napkin math, that's enough money for 300 150k gear runs. if i didn't make a single penny a run. why 150k?
50k lvl4 rig armor
25k helmet
25k comtacs
15k meds
35k.. well, more like 70k gun+ammo (vepr hunter ~28-34k, scope 20k, 10rnd mags + M80 ammo 18-36k)
that's actually around 190k yikes
is that actually sustainable though?
maybe i'll just take a makarov and 2 mags for my first few customs runs. scavs can die to pretty much anything anyway, at least in my pve test runs

Ambaire fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Feb 10, 2020

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

quite a pickle you've got there

Jack B Nimble posted:

I like immersive shooters, permadeath, and general tension and stakes, but I'm kind of personally over throwing my hat into the shooter ring: Overwatch, PUBG and Apex has shown me I just don't have the time or inclination to get good.

You’re going to encounter and get shredded by plenty of players. No way around it, but you can absolutely play stealth if you learn the maps.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Ambaire posted:

.. so you're saying people actually buy those blinged out 150/200k+ guns that are maybe worth 50-75% of what ppl are asking? huh.

I've made a couple million over the past couple days buying guns, breaking them apart, and vendoring them to skier/mechanic for a slight profit. Not as much as I'd make actually playing the game and stuffing stuff into my gamma, but whatever.

I do know I'm seriously missing out on the higher level traders though. I need to start actually leveling my PMC past 7 already.

like really, this is ridiculous (those were 4 shoreline runs to kill scavs for lvl5)

just doing napkin math, that's enough money for 300 150k gear runs. if i didn't make a single penny a run. why 150k?
50k lvl4 rig armor
25k helmet
25k comtacs
15k meds
35k.. well, more like 70k gun+ammo (vepr hunter ~28-34k, scope 20k, 10rnd mags + M80 ammo 18-36k)
maybe i'll just take a makarov and 2 mags for my first few customs runs. scavs can die to pretty much anything anyway, at least in my pve test runs

you have independently discovered The Uniform. Sustainably sourced.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Jack B Nimble posted:

As an example, I'd say it's pretty viable in Hunt: Showdown because you're really just there to get in and get out, which is what this game sounds like. Whereas in most Battle Royales its absolutely all about the pvp. There's no other way those end.

It's not that I dislike fighting other players, but I like how Hunt gives you another angle, another way to eke out some smaller side victories. This sounds like it has some of that?

It's pretty map dependent. You can run Shoreline or Interchange and depending on your pace might not run into players and can really stealth about. On the flip side Factory is a thunderdome. Customs is kind of the middle with chokepoints but can still be fairly stealthy. I don't have enough time in Reserve to judge one way or the other. I burst through a bunch of quests and focused on just the quest and either actively disengaged from PVP or worked away from it. I tend to play pretty lowkey and would say the play style your looking for is viable. That said you'll totally get smashed by some dude with superior map knowledge because he sees your dome poking above a stump and knows exactly how that stump should look.

ThePineapple
Oct 19, 2009
It sounds like you can already sustain yourself through flea market arbitrage! The loadout you're describing is what I'm using now, and between surviving pmc runs, insurance returns and scav runs, I'm sustaining and making a net profit without any flea arbitrage shenanigans. I've been trying to grind out the Punisher questline to get that epsilon case so if I was more focused on loot I might be making even more.

Speaking of looting, I have yet to see any of the super valuable stuff. I've literally never seen either a graphics card or a ledx. Don't know if it's me being unlucky, me not knowing the right places, or me getting to places too late. Best stuff I've personally looted have been a few bitcoins here and there, some paracords, and one reserve key that went for 750k.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Thermals are insanely good but I really think they're only worth it on maps with larger mostly-open spaces, specifically Shoreline and Woods. They'll give you an advantage in most all other maps, too, but I think it's less pronounced. Customs and Reserve can be pretty claustrophobic with enough thermal-blocking objects and if you generally know where to look, thermals are kind of just a liability in terms of what you stand to lose.

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:

Jack B Nimble posted:

To add to what other people have said, if you don't insist on fighting other people to death, there's a pretty high chance you can lose them and continue on your merry way. I pretty frequently get shot at, but survive long enough to get to cover and if I can't figure out where I was shot at from, I usually just break contact and concentrate on escaping. There's a lot of fun to be had just in surviving until extract.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

ZombieApostate posted:

To add to what other people have said, if you don't insist on fighting other people to death, there's a pretty high chance you can lose them and continue on your merry way. I pretty frequently get shot at, but survive long enough to get to cover and if I can't figure out where I was shot at from, I usually just break contact and concentrate on escaping. There's a lot of fun to be had just in surviving until extract.

I think that disengaging is the most rewarding and fun thing. I love running away from people trying to kill me.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Ambaire posted:

50k lvl4 rig armor
25k helmet
25k comtacs
15k meds

Play your PMC

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Ambaire posted:

I'm not great at this game but one thing I know for sure is that 190k roubles isn't really that much. Also you should absolutely get the bitcoin farm running asap, passive income owns. You can power the generator for almost free by buying expeditionary tanks that have the fuel in them. They sell the same price empty since you can turn them into mag cases that therapist buys for 300k.

And don't bring Makarovs, they're trash and easy to steal. If you're doing naked runs, bring an mp-153 and some magnum 8.5 buckshot. Any single pellet to the head kills and two or three to the legs does the same. Also nobody steals 153s because they're huge and worthless.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Great Beer posted:

I'm not great at this game but one thing I know for sure is that 190k roubles isn't really that much. Also you should absolutely get the bitcoin farm running asap, passive income owns. You can power the generator for almost free by buying expeditionary tanks that have the fuel in them. They sell the same price empty since you can turn them into mag cases that therapist buys for 300k.

And don't bring Makarovs, they're trash and easy to steal. If you're doing naked runs, bring an mp-153 and some magnum 8.5 buckshot. Any single pellet to the head kills and two or three to the legs does the same. Also nobody steals 153s because they're huge and worthless.

I steal them so that I don't have to buy them myself to do exactly what you're describing.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Ambaire posted:

50k lvl4 rig armor
25k helmet
25k comtacs
15k meds

using the market to make number go up is fun, but its even more fun to blow some of number on buying sweet stuff (most of which you'll lose b/c you're still definitely in the "going to get owned a lot due to insufficient map/game knowledge" phase - don't feel remotely bad for doing pistol runs while learning a map, though its important to realize being undergeared greatly increases the odds of getting owned + you can do much better than a makarov for what is essentially an insignificant increase in outlay)

and the build you've laid out is definitely sustainable - there are individual items easily worth more than that entire loadout you can stuff in your gamma, even mediocre loot will generally be enough to pay for a couple runs if successful, and you will be amazed at what comes back in insurance

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

fyi there is a devblog (WITH TWITCH DROPS OMG FREE poo poo DROPS DROPS DROPS DROPS DROPS) live right now

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
They gave everyone a mil in currency as an apology for the server issues this weekend. 2 minutes after getting it my game crashed.

Do you have to be Twitch Prime to get those drops from that dev stream?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Martin posted:

Yeah dude, I'd love to see that. Lemme know if you're online, I'm deffo game.

So while I was sitting around this weekend, waiting out a snow storm preventing me from driving home I wrote an effort post guide about what I do with these scav runs. So here... have at it:

Scav Hidden Stash Guide

So hidden stashes own. Customs, Woods, Interchange and Shoreline all have them and from personal experience, they are mostly ignored by PMCs. Even other player scavs don’t typically spend any time looting them. The best part is they can contain almost any item in the game. So you can move around the map and hoover up pretty decent loot at relatively low risk, since they are generally in out of the way places and as mentioned, the majority of players ignore them.

Not only do they contain some nice expensive rare items, they’ll also contain items you’ll need to build your hideout as well as quest items. They’re also an excellent place to look for food and drink if your character is running low on hydration or energy, or even ammo if you need some.

I use my scav runs to farm them. I started doing this on customs, but customs is a crowded and pretty dangerous map with a pretty limited number of stashes. So I switched to shoreline, which is larger and emptier (and thus safer) with 32 stashes to loot. You won’t be able to get to all of them, but on my route, depending on where I spawn and where my extracts are I can hit 21 of them.

If I make it out I probably average above 300k roubles. But you can make 500k+ with a bit of luck. This method of playing the game *is* pretty boring. There are more exciting things to do with your scav runs. But it is safe and pretty reliable and also a pretty solid contrast to more intense PMC runs since it’s a pretty chill sightseeing tour or Shoreline. In general, my PMC runs are all about getting EXP and killing people and I play solo alot. So it's nice to take a break and just chill while making cash to fund better PMC gear.

I also don’t claim this is the most lucrative thing you can do as a scav. There are guides out there to make tons of cash as a scav on Reserve or Interchange. But those maps also get tons of PMC and player scav activity so I imagine they’re more dangerous locations. Shoreline by comparison is a ghost town. This is just my safe and simple method for some easy cash. A successful run will fund a pretty decent PMC kit and even if you die a lot as a PMC if you’re alternating PMC and scav runs you’ll probably always be making money.

So in general, there is one route. However, you can’t always hit the entire route mostly because of where you spawn and where your exits are. The best spawn is Road to Customs and a Ruined House or Dead End exit. This will allow you to hit the majority of the route with ease. I spawn a lot near Rock Passage as well, in which case I take the portion of my route that is headed towards one of my exits.

I marked the route and all of the stashes I hit along it on this above map. The common extracts I use are marked if I get them. Areas in purple are high danger areas. It's the places I typically die. Scav truck in particular stands out as the most dangerous place.

As you play you’ll generally get a feel for how much something is worth, but here is a list of items to look out for plus their general value on the flea market:

• Graphics Cards - 280k
  • Paracord - 180k
  • Nails - 40k
  • DFuel - 90k (This has a high market fee. If you put it up for 90k you’re going to get a ~25k market fee, which is weird)
  • Fuel Conditioner - 90k
  • Sugar - 40k
  • M995, M61, BS, 7N39 Ingolik, 762 BP etc. - Varying, but typically over 1k per round
  • Bolts - 15k
  • Corrugated Hose - 30k
  • Pressure Gauge - 65k
  • Thermometer - 50k
  • Water Filter - 40k
  • Metal Fuel Can - 80k
  • Propane - 40k
  • Motor - 40k
  • Gas Analyzer - 40k

This list is not comprehensive. It's a "off the top of my head" list of things that are automatically grabbed. You’ll also find tons of items that aren’t worth a lot, but you need for either quests or hideout building like

• Building supplies like nuts, screws, etc.
  • Trash tech items like CPUs, wires, circuits, cpu fans, etc.
  • Med supplies like Ifaks, Salewas, etc. which makes stashes an excellent target if you’re injured and need supplies
  • Food and drinks, which make stashes an excellent target if you’re in danger of becoming dehydrated or running out of energy
  • Weapons. Usually cheap ones, but I have found MP9s, MDRs, MP5s etc and even used them to defend myself. Lots of pistols though.

Some general tips

• You need either a backpack or a large rig. If you spawn without one your primary objective is to get one. Make a beeline for the nearest scav spawn and kill a scav with one if you need one.
  • Other than in the case of #1, avoid killing NPC scavs. This is all about stealthily hoovering up loot and your odds of survival go down if you ring a dinner bell and attract other players
  • Other player scavs are the scum of the earth. Kill them on sight, because they’ll kill you if you don’t and who knows. It’s possible they’re also looting the stashes and did your work for you. Just the other night I killed one who was rocking a labs key card.
  • Fighting PMCs is your call. Whether or not I decide to fight other players depends on the current value of the loot I’ve already grabbed and what my scav loadout is. In general I avoid players, but have also taken down a group of 3 in the process of doing this.
  • Don’t hesitate to check other things like coats, toolboxes, green boxes or weapons cases along the way.
  • Once you learn the stash locations, feel free to run this at night for another layer of safety. While learning where the spawns are I’d recommend running it during the day because they are “hidden” after all.

As a PMC don't hesitate to hit hidden stashes on whatever map you're on. I wouldn't do PMC runs that are exclusively about hitting hidden stashes, because I can effectively loot so many as a scav, but if you're passing by one hit it up. You might be able to secure container something pretty valuable.

Anyways that's about it. Enjoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DadWilly
Jul 1, 2003

Thanks for the big effort here!