Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
imagine ed woodward trying to sign leo messi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
lmaoreola

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Every single RM player apparently loses the ability to play football the moment they get in position to have an actual chance. Not sure how they win games like this.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Isak good
Real badrid

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I'm guessing this is not the Madrid defense that has conceded so little in La Liga, or is Courtouis just super important?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

What the gently caress the keeper should have done way better

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Sociedad want to prove there's not just ONE bad defense on this pitch

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Mikel Merino I love you

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Drama

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Insurrectionist posted:

I'm guessing this is not the Madrid defense that has conceded so little in La Liga, or is Courtouis just super important?

It's not their usual defense.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Hahahahaha

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Good rear end day in this competition.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

lmao at everything

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Can't wait until Messi joins Ronaldo at Juve this summer

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

trem_two posted:

Can't wait until Messi joins Ronaldo at Juve this summer

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Well that was one interesting game.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
What a turnaround, good for him

https://www.laliga.com/noticias/thi...y4qznrkzezpfgpe

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
He's no Casillas, but he'll do.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
we're going to get a real sociedad-athletic club copa final and it's going to own

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

curried lamb of God posted:

we're going to get a real sociedad-athletic club copa final and it's going to own

It will, op

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Barca are spineless

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Not watching the game, are they still playing like hot garbage? Given how solid Getafe's defense is I doubt the Barca boys would have an easy game even if they played like a real team.

Edit: And just like that they score, god drat I'm bad.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

They just got a goal and have been a few passes away from a few more but they are giving up the ball very easily and Getafe's pressing s loving with them. Should be 1-1 though because Umtitti's dive got the Getafe goal VARed away

2-0 barca. they are playing well now.

BWV fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Feb 15, 2020

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
La Liga have given Barca a special 15 day transfer window to sign a player, apparently due to injuries to Suarez and Dembele. There are a lot of restrictions - the player has to be a striker, and has to be currently under contract to a La Liga club. Whatever club loses a player to Barca will not be given a chance to sign a replacement.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lmao I hope they get told to gently caress off

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Wtf I thought they only did that for goalkeepers.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Jose posted:

Seriously, every other club should with charge 200 mil at a minimum if they’re going to go along with this at all.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Wait, apparently they're signing Martin Braithwaite for €10m, lol

Also, the club have been accused of hiring a troll bot army to attack prominent people that have criticized the board, including Messi, Pique, Pep, Xavi and Puyol

What in the gently caress is happening there

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jose posted:

I hope they sell them Joselu back for €100m

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

trem_two posted:

La Liga have given Barca a special 15 day transfer window to sign a player, apparently due to injuries to Suarez and Dembele. There are a lot of restrictions - the player has to be a striker, and has to be currently under contract to a La Liga club. Whatever club loses a player to Barca will not be given a chance to sign a replacement.

Has this ever happened to any other loving club in La Liga for anything other than a GK?

I mean everyone knows the Big Two get away with stuff no one else does but this is saying the quiet part loud.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Dont they have a pretty deep pool of poached wunderkids at la masia they could use?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Looks like Braithwaite is pretty much done, what an absolute pile of poo poo. Leganes are two points from safety and Braithwaite has scored 8, and is their top league scorer with 6.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Looks like Braithwaite is pretty much done, what an absolute pile of poo poo. Leganes are two points from safety and Braithwaite has scored 8, and is their top league scorer with 6.

Why in the world aren’t they demanding all of the money for him?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

Why in the world aren’t they demanding all of the money for him?

20m Euro release clause supposedly

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Dont they have a pretty deep pool of poached wunderkids at la masia they could use?

Yeah seriously, there’s not a single striker they can call up? No loan recalls?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
The issue here is that the rules state the player they bring in must be already inscribed in the league, so it excludes players from other leagues or from the second division.

The second problem is money, iirc they need to get about 120 millions in player sales to balance their accounts. They tried to buy someone in december but failed miserably. They mismanaged the team something fierce and they are now paying the consequences.

TL;DR: They run out of budget and need someone cheap, which is hard because there's not many cheap, solid strikers in LaLiga right now.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Angry Lobster posted:

The issue here is that the rules state the player they bring in must be already inscribed in the league, so it excludes players from other leagues or from the second division.

The second problem is money, iirc they need to get about 120 millions in player sales to balance their accounts. They tried to buy someone in december but failed miserably. They mismanaged the team something fierce and they are now paying the consequences.

TL;DR: They run out of budget and need someone cheap, which is hard because there's not many cheap, solid strikers in LaLiga right now.

The issue should be why are they even allowed to do this, not any of the technicalities. How are the other teams not up in arms about this?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah La Liga should tell them to get hosed and Leganes should sue the pants off Barca if they get relegated when their leading scorer gets poached weeks after the transfer window ended

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Yeah La Liga should tell them to get hosed and Leganes should sue the pants off Barca if they get relegated when their leading scorer gets poached weeks after the transfer window ended

The league is the one who allowed this in the first place! Somebody is getting paid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

The league is the one who allowed this in the first place! Somebody is getting paid.

Yeah my point of La Liga sacking up to Barca is pretty unlikely but this is pretty egregious