Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Username: Verisimilidude
Contact Info: PM me
City/State/Country: New York, NY (Manhattan on 28th and 5th)
Do you have a group now?: Yes. I have 3 players who show up consistently, and an extra player who shows up from time to time.
Availability: Wednesdays from 6pm to 9pm. Sometimes we go a little bit later or cut out a little bit earlier. We don't stay later than 10pm because we all work the next day.

We are currently playing a homebrew-ish D&D campaign set in the Forgotten Realms. Looking for players who just want to relax and have a good time. Atmosphere for the game is mostly silly.

New players are welcome as most of my players are new to the game. We have everything you'll need, so if you're available, interested, and willing/able to come at least 2-3 times a month consistently, send me a PM!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyka blyat
Sep 12, 2018

1999. What appeared to be a harmless meteorite crashing in the Nevada desert has turned out to be Darc Seed, an evil alien creature with horrible powers. By shooting strange magnetic rays, Darc Seed had turned the helpless nation into zombies and had brought the Statue of Liberty to life to do his dirty work. These rays had also given him control over many deadly weapons, but none were more powerful than the legendary samurai sword, Shura. When the great head of the samurai, Namakubi, heard that the sword had fallen into evil hands, he set off immediately for the United States. For only he possessed the strength and knowledge needed to recapture the magical sword and free the U.S. from the evil clutches of Darc Seed.

Slaan posted:

User Name - Slaan
Contact Info - PMs
City/State/Country - Atlanta, GA. I live in Stone Mountain so east is easier
Availability - Mostly weekends
Do you have a group now - No
What are you willing to play -

Anything. I've loved listening to actual play podcasts of various kinds and online a couple times, but never found a group to play with. Looking for any group willing to deal with a new player.

Whats up. I live in North Decatur. Theres a gameshop at North dekalb mall that I have been wanting to check out.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
User Name - Just making chili
Contact Info - PM me
City/State/Country - Gig Harbor, WA, work in Tacoma. I would drive up to Bremerton or across to Puyallup for a dependable group.
Do you have a group now - no
Availability - evenings after 5, most Saturdays, Sunday before 4 PM.
What are you willing to play - I have experience with D&D 3.5 and 5e, but prefer 3.5. I can DM modules in 3.5 if you’re into that. I’d like to try shadowrun too, but haven’t ever played before. I also have board games and wouldn’t mind playing with cool people. Terraforming Mars, Scythe, and Gloomhaven are the three big ones.

JUST MAKING CHILI fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Feb 18, 2020

DantetheK9
Feb 2, 2020

Just...so fucking tired.

Contact Info - Shoot me a forum PM
City/State/Country -Washington DC
Do you have a group now? Nope!
Availability-Rotating days off. On workdays, 6pm till 9:30pm. On off days, when the gently caress ever
What are you willing to play? Modern or Sci-Fi settings are best for me. World of Darkness is my jam, but I'd really like to give Dresden Files, FFG Star Wars, Star Trek Adventures or Trinity Continuum a try

Giodo!
Oct 29, 2003

Contact Info - PM
City/State/Country - Washington, DC
Do you have a group now? No
Availability - looking for a game that meets every other week, on the weekends, at the most
What are you willing to play? I would really really love to play Shadow of the Demon Lord, but would be happy to play 5e, FFG Star Wars, or to learn a new system!

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

DantetheK9 posted:

Contact Info - Shoot me a forum PM
City/State/Country -Washington DC
Do you have a group now? Nope!
Availability-Rotating days off. On workdays, 6pm till 9:30pm. On off days, when the gently caress ever
What are you willing to play? Modern or Sci-Fi settings are best for me. World of Darkness is my jam, but I'd really like to give Dresden Files, FFG Star Wars, Star Trek Adventures or Trinity Continuum a try

You have PMs disabled.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Is anyone here on the NC Outer Banks? I’m moving there next month.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Contact via PM.
In the U.K., although I'm looking for an online group so that's not relevant for anything except timezone.
Availability: evenings (Greenwich Mean Time) every day except Mondays and Tuesdays,
Do you have a group? I'm playing games with two other groups, but I'm looking for a third running a different system.
I'd like to play some PBTA. I haven't done much with the system, but what I have done was fun. If anyone wants to do some Broken Worlds, I'm totally up for that. Discord is best for me.

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
Hello! I am looking for live games online while stuck in isolation. I can be found on Discord as fax (nine eight six three), synIRC as fax, or via PMs here.

Timezone: US Central (GMT -0500), I am in Austin, Texas! I do work from 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM though, so I guess I live a west coast life.

Availability: Slim at the moment, which is probably why it's a bit difficult to find time to play. I currently run five games a week online and work a full time job from home, but I have Sunday afternoons free after 4:00 PM, and every other Saturday free until 7:00 PM.

Do I have a group: Technically, yes, each of the five games are almost fully unique in terms of head count, but they are not accepting new players at this time. Nobody is experienced or willing enough to run games at the moment, but eventually there will be enough time where people may want to do so.

What are you willing to play: Oh, just about anything, really. The majority of what I run and design for right now falls to 80% D&D 5e, 20% Lancer RPG, but I'm willing to give anything a shake. If there is sufficient demand I can also run a sixth weekly game in one of the available time slots, but I'd rather play for the time being just to balance out my activity time.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Hey everyone, looking to join a game as a player. I've been DMing almost non-stop for the past few years and would like a chance to play under an experienced DM to hopefully learn a couple things and have some fun. I can be contacted via PM, or via email at jmartinez729 at gmail.

Timezone: US Eastern (I'm in NYC)

Availability: I work 9 - 5 and typically have a game on Wednesdays. Weekends may be difficult, but most weekday evenings besides Wednesday I am available.

Do I have a group: Yes, but I am looking to join something as a player. Currently my D&D group has 6 players and that's already a lot, so I'm not accepting new players until someone decides to quit.

What are you willing to play: D&D, WHFRP, basically anything though I do have a preference for D&D since that's my system of choice to DM.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Howdy! I want to play some RPGs, specifically non-fantasy stuff. Preferably Call of Cthulhu or something related like Delta Green.

I'm available by PMs here, but happy to use discord or whatever to play.

Timezone: US Central (GMT -0800). at the moment, super flexible on time.

Do I have a group: nope.

What are you willing to play: Most non-fantasy settings, with a strong preference for Cthulhu related things. Also really into detective/crime stories. Scifi like Starfinder also sounds good!

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Is it okay if I advertise my own stuff here? I promise I'm not getting any money or nothing, and this is in fact just making more work for me, but for complicated reasons I now run a discord that keeps getting more and more games run on it. And I want to help people find fun games.

It's really for indie gaming and the only line in the sand I'd police might maybe be running 5e D&D but I doubt they'd come there so who cares. (Well, and obvious stuff like if you said Hitler was a cool dude or talked about how females are lesser beings or something. But that hasn't come up so far.)

https://discord.gg/YapZFf

I think we're up to at least 4 out of 7 nights someone's running a game, and more are welcome. Just don't be an rear end.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
As someone who has been consistently running games for what feels like forever, I’d love to take a turn at playing one for a change!

Games I used to play: L5R, Shadowrun, D&D 3.5, Vampire the Masquerade, Changeling the Lost
Games I’m willing to try: Just about anything so long as there’s an RP aspect. Serious, silly, fantasy, sci-fi, whatever. I’m in it to have fun. Big fan of either tactical/logistical games or over-the-top ones
Preferred Schedule: Weekly or semi-monthly would be best, I’m flexible with days/times otherwise (Pacific Timezone)

Happy to use Discord, roll20, IRC, Slack, Zulip, carrier pigeons, whatever

Let’s play a game—PM me!

FreshFeesh fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Jul 16, 2020

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist

Sunny Side Up fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Dec 14, 2020

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018
Looking almost literally anything happening in a UK timezone..

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I'm open to anything in CST. PM me or hit me on discord (SirPhoebos#8061)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm looking to play some D&D 5e with a group. Available any day, but after 6 PM Central M-F. I've played a single campaign.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

eonwe posted:

I'm looking to play some D&D 5e with a group. Available any day, but after 6 PM Central M-F. I've played a single campaign.

I’d also like to do some D&D 5e at these exact same times, and I have played two campaigns!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I am also on central time and would love to join in!

I’m burnt out on GMing and definitely don’t wanna do so remote, but will happily play remote, especially if it means I get to see how other people handle remote play.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Hi! I am on EST and would like to get to enjoy a weeknight or weekend game, with prior warning and planning. I've been playing and DMing for years and years, and have had some fun with remote gaming, but would not advise a dungeon crawl remote gaming. Not exactly the most fun thing. I am open to DMing, but would like to get to play myself. I will do Zoom, Roll20, Discord, whatever else. Need to get a new mike, though...

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

rotinaj posted:

Hi! I am on EST and would like to get to enjoy a weeknight or weekend game, with prior warning and planning. I've been playing and DMing for years and years, and have had some fun with remote gaming, but would not advise a dungeon crawl remote gaming. Not exactly the most fun thing. I am open to DMing, but would like to get to play myself. I will do Zoom, Roll20, Discord, whatever else. Need to get a new mike, though...

What systems do you like?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Xiahou Dun posted:

What systems do you like?

DND 5E, DND 3.5 and 3.0, old World of Darkness, especially Werewolf or Changeling or Mage. Never got into Vampire. I've been meaning to look into Pathfinder because I hear it's rad as heck, but lack of a reason to and laziness has kept me from bothering.

On a side note, I'm thinking of beginning to make my own dice. Is there a diemaking thread folks use?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

rotinaj posted:

DND 5E, DND 3.5 and 3.0, old World of Darkness, especially Werewolf or Changeling or Mage. Never got into Vampire. I've been meaning to look into Pathfinder because I hear it's rad as heck, but lack of a reason to and laziness has kept me from bothering.

On a side note, I'm thinking of beginning to make my own dice. Is there a diemaking thread folks use?

Ah okay then I can't help you, sorry.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

rotinaj posted:

I recall a post or two in one of the DIY threads, maybe blacksmithing/metalwork or woodworking; those would be fine places to cross-post to. But, please definitely make a new thread here in TG about making dice, as well. I'm sure some folks will be interested and maybe a few will be inspired to try it out themselves!

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

I don't think I've posted in this iteration of the thread, and quarantine boredom is painful so:

Contact Info: PM is probably easiest but doomsayerkevin - at - gmail works too!

I'm happy to play most anything; I do have a particular fondness for 13th Age though! And I'm happy to use any of the suite of tools available.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Looking for a remote/online game. Probably D&D 5e but open to other things. I'm located in the Mountain time zone. I'm open any day but Thursday and Friday.

PM is the best way to reach me for now.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
hello I don't know if this is a good place for it but I'm giving 'er a go

I am experimenting with an online roleplay-esque writing thing that takes half a forum to describe but can be found at http://arenaarcadia.com the details are there but the short version is: I'm getting a bunch of people together to collaborate on a fighting game / pro wrestling type THING. The majority of the you writing parts would happen throughout the week in casual discussion via PMs, with "shows" (the final results of a week worth of fictional fights being workshopped) going up on probably Fridays. It's almost entirely a process of talking about writing, the actual writing part is optional

normally I'd be patient and just lure folks in via discord or whatever but I feel like this thing is going to be a hard sell until it gets going. It's hard to describe what I'm picturing but once people see it in action I think it's gonna be a big deal, and I am anxious to get it started and get to the fun part of the testing it

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
That looks pretty cool. I’ll check it out.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
User Name - Dexo
Contact Info - PM
City/State/Country - Springfield Illinois US
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? No
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)?
Willing to try and play pretty much anything.

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?
Contact Info - PM!
City/State/Country - I'm in the Bay Area, but looking for online only right now
Do you have a group now? Nope
What are you willing to play? I've done a few one-shots, most recently Troika! and a spooky DND 5e, so I'm very green but open to whatever!

Cheese Thief
Oct 30, 2020
Contact Info - PM me
I'm in Eastern Time USA (PA but that will change)
I played D&D once in person at a game store. That's about it.
I am interested in Shadowrun, or anything cyberpunk.

Right now I work every Wednesday Thursday, and every other Sat and Sun, 7pm to 7:30am. So that's a thing that has kept me from ever getting involved with a group to play with, my scheduling.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

In search of a Pathfinder 2e game that is new-player/learner friendly in Roll20, Foundry, or FG. I'm familiar with D&D 5e but would like to learn PF2e in the hopes of running games in the PF Society soon.

PM or email syrinxx at syrinxx dot c0m

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
Been without a game for too long. Had bad experiences trying to play online, but willing to try again. Have experience with playing 5e and PF1e; interested in either of those, as well as 13th Age, Savage Worlds, PBtA, and PF2e.

Email: recompensed42 at gmail
Don't have private messaging, but would upgrade if need be.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Hey everyone. A RP game of sorts I was doing on Discord/Youtube has hit a wall because the GM's family/COVID related issues. So I'm looking for a new game of any kind.

I'm looking for more character and story heavy rather than rules and combat. Something that allows me to make a character I can really sink my teeth into. I know DnD 5th edition but I am willing to learn any other system you guys wanna do. Im open to any system/genre/setting. All I want is a commitment that everyone is going to stick with it. I can't go through with the heartbreak of having to sideline another character again.

Just PM me here if you wanna talk.

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Nov 28, 2020

GHOST_BUTT
Nov 24, 2013

Fun Shoe
User Name - GHOST_BUTT
Contact Info - PM, or discord only_bad_takes#5190
City/State/Country - Denver, but we're playing online right now, obviously.
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)?
Yes! But a couple of my players dropped out due to life circumstances so I'm looking for two, maybe three, more. Turns out it's really hard to write encounters for two players.
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)?
We're playing 5e in the Eberron setting, vaguely running through DMGuild's Convergence Manifesto adventure path but largely spending sessions pursuing side goals and slice of life things, mostly playing the actual published path when we get around to it. Games are every other Wednesday at 8PM MST.

e: players recently seized a ship so if you're interested in a campaign that's sure to be derailed into a whole bunch of boat antics at some point, hit me up.

GHOST_BUTT fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Dec 24, 2020

Defenistrator
Mar 27, 2007
Ask me about my burritos
Looking for a group of people to play Cyberpunk RPGs in. Mainly shadow of the beanstalk.

I set up a discord server, open to anyone. My only ask is that you be in EST zone.

https://discord.gg/KkcvvxvG

BSN_tg_bgg
Jan 17, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
User Name - User Name - BSN_tg_bgg
Contact Info - PM
City/State/Country - DFW

Do you have a group now?
No. Not afraid of the COVID so in person games are more than possible.

What are you willing to play?

Qwixx, qwinto, Yahtzee, traditional card games, simple games that can be explained in 10 minutes. I’m also willing to learn any game that you’re willing to teach.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Contact Info: John Miles #2062 on Discord
City/State: Northern New Jersey

Do you have a group now? No.

What are you willing to play? Old-school D&D/fantasy games, maybe some sci-fi. Looking to broaden my horizon with old-school esque ttrpgs.

Defenistrator
Mar 27, 2007
Ask me about my burritos

Verisimilidude posted:

Contact Info: John Miles #2062 on Discord
City/State: Northern New Jersey

Do you have a group now? No.

What are you willing to play? Old-school D&D/fantasy games, maybe some sci-fi. Looking to broaden my horizon with old-school esque ttrpgs.

Would you be interested in a Genesys rpg set in the fantasy world of terrinoth?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hairy Marionette
Apr 22, 2005

I am not immune to propaganda
Username: Hairy Marionette
Contact Info: PM
Current Group: yes, I DM a fifth edition D&D campaign via Discord. I’m looking to join a group as a player.

What are you willing to play?
I’d prefer D&D 5e, but will play anything. Only interested in online games due to the plague.