Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will You Miss Indie Wrestling?
No it sucked
Yes
View Results

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

It was Rock and Roll express against Santana and Ortiz you fool. LA Park is yester-year's news.

pretty sure they’re talking about takeda v lloyd which was, in fact, the best thing of the weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
AIW had a better death match that week with Dom Garrini vs Bishop

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

MassRafTer posted:

The best part of Spring Break last year was the death match.

Would have been better had they shown the finish

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

If you weren’t sure before, the latest news on the Beyond Wresting “pilot” is on Punk Rock comedy site The Hard Times.

https://thehardtimes.net/culture/spoilers-rumored-card-for-beyond-championship-wrestling-network-pilot/

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I just realized that JJSB4 is going to start at a reasonable hour... this feels odd.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Smoking Crow posted:

Would have been better had they shown the finish

Thankfully I was there live.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tonight at 7:30PM Eastern on IWTV is AIW's Built To Last. Card:

Jeff Cobb vs Filthy Tom Lawlor
Joshua Bishop vs Nick Gage vs Mance Warner vs Erick Stevens vs Wheeler Yuta vs Dr Daniel C Rockingham in a six-man scramble, winner gets an Absolute title shot against Matthew Justice at the Mania weekend show April 2
To Infinity And Beyond (Colin Delaney and Cheech Hernandez) vs The Bit Coin Boiz (Mikey Montgomery and Eric Taylor) vs 40 Acres (AJ Gray and Tre Lamar) vs Aeroform (Flip Kendrick and Louis Lyndon) in a fatal fourway, winner gets a tag title shot at the Mania weekend show April 2
The Philly Marino Experience (Philly Collins and Marino Tenaglia) defend the tag titles against Bear Country (Bear Boulder and Bear Bronson)
VSK vs Dominic Garrini (with Big Twan Tucker)
Zach Thomas vs Chase Oliver
CPA vs Allie Kat
Swoggle vs Super Oprah
Alex Shelley vs Lee Moriarty in a submission match

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Man maybe I should get to this show, I've got time tonight and that is a loaded card.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

If you have wrestling near you and you're able to go, you should go!

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

Ganso Bomb posted:

This poster gets it.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Ganso Bomb posted:

I used to love going to AIW shows but a few years back a guy in the crowd started screaming racist poo poo towards a wrestler that applied to me and I haven't wanted to go back since then.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

mariooncrack posted:

I used to love going to AIW shows but a few years back a guy in the crowd started screaming racist poo poo towards a wrestler that applied to me and I haven't wanted to go back since then.

That loving sucks and I'm sorry you had to deal with that. I'd probably be too affected to want to go back there, too, if I had dealt with the same thing.

Hopefully there is other wrestling somewhat near you that you can go to without the fear of hearing racist bullshit. And if not, watching wrestling from the couch is also pretty great.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

indie wrestling fans loving suck and I personally stopped attending live shows because of the crowd behaviours.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

It's weird to see RSP not have nuclear-level heat at a non-GCW show...

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Re: the knife board, the thing that really stuck with me (pun not intended) about what happened to Takeda is how the GCW knife boards have been MUCH safer in the past. At the Curtain Call show 4 months ago, the knifes were recessed so much as to be more or less inert, to the point that Orin Veidt was clearly frustrated by the fact that he wasn't bleeding. (As in he was clearly trying to writhe into the knives and get color on his back.) Something like that where it's basically a magic trick? I have no problem with it. But these non-gimmicked knife/razor/scissor boards are just bad news.

mariooncrack posted:

Did you reach out to Thorne about it? He runs a pretty tight ship and I'm sure he'd rather someone express their concerns. (Especially if it's just about one idiot who could easily be banned.)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The death match stuff has started getting to gross one-ups on each other again. I've seen the blade spots done relatively safe before but I think Takeda has subscribed to the Ibushi and Takahashi school of not giving a single gently caress what happens to himself as long as it's exciting to him.

Even outside of death matches, Takeda is a good enough wrestler he doesn't need to keep escalating and I hope he transitions into a Nick Gauge or Jun Kasai style of brawling with occasional death match spots before he literally kills himself

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

If nothing else Takeda is too cute to kill himself in-ring

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I had absolutely no idea Aeroform still wrestled.

I used to love booking London & Kendrick vs Kendrick & Lyndon in EWR.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Shazza is coming to my local indie that has me blocked on social media for calling them poser lucha. Seriously how you gonna book all gringos and call yourself a lucha show?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

https://twitter.com/InspireProWres/status/1226654232771690496

yes please

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

https://twitter.com/wattpadcomment/status/1171351160499757057?lang=en

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Is it April yet?

https://twitter.com/EFFYlives/status/1227053401999073280

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Vin Gerard, Beyond Championship Wrestling, this angle is nutty.

https://twitter.com/drewcordeiro/status/1227255830489321473

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1227313388084252675?s=19

Can't think of many other independent promotions that have ran the US, UK and Japan in the same year; pretty impressive really.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

IceAgeComing posted:

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1227313388084252675?s=19

Can't think of many other independent promotions that have ran the US, UK and Japan in the same year; pretty impressive really.

They're running Mexico as well, aren't they?

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Ganso Bomb posted:

They're running Mexico as well, aren't they?

The Junkyard is pan-dimensional, all-locational. but yes.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

GCW is like the circus, every promoter loves them.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PWG's first show of the year is March 29. Tickets on sale next Thursday at 11PM Eastern. Card for KOBE:

Aramis and Rey Horus vs The VeloCities (Paris de Silva and Jude London)
Brody King vs JD Drake vs Caveman Ugg vs Black Taurus in a fatal fourway
Orange Cassidy vs Mick Moretti
Dragon Lee vs Flamita
Jeff Cobb vs David Starr
The Rascalz (Dezmond Xavier, Zachary Wentz and Trey Miguel) vs Tony Deppen, Alex Zayne and Blake Christian
Bandido defends the world title against Jonathan Gresham

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Chris James 2 posted:

PWG's first show of the year is March 29. Tickets on sale next Thursday at 11PM Eastern. Card for KOBE:

Aramis and Rey Horus vs The VeloCities (Paris de Silva and Jude London)
Brody King vs JD Drake vs Caveman Ugg vs Black Taurus in a fatal fourway
Orange Cassidy vs Mick Moretti
Dragon Lee vs Flamita
Jeff Cobb vs David Starr
The Rascalz (Dezmond Xavier, Zachary Wentz and Trey Miguel) vs Tony Deppen, Alex Zayne and Blake Christian
Bandido defends the world title against Jonathan Gresham

gently caress, that four way and Cassidy vs Moretti are going to rule.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Lumbermouth posted:

gently caress, that four way and Cassidy vs Moretti are going to rule.

i got my eyes on that six-man, that is going to be fiiiiiiiiiire.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cobb Starr tho.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

ryu lee vs flamita and bandido vs gresham not even getting words from yall is a little wild to me tbh

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That six man is going to be loving insane

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

its a shame PWG is physical media only until it shows up on streaming 10 months down the line and I forget what a cool lineup a card had.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Procrastinator posted:

ryu lee vs flamita and bandido vs gresham not even getting words from yall is a little wild to me tbh

It's more that the two I mentioned are comparatively new matches. I'm stoked about more Australian guys getting booked at PWG, especially Moretti. Dude's physical character work is loving insane.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

lmao

https://twitter.com/PWInsidercom/status/1227686581777117184

quote:

By Mike Johnson on 2020-02-12 15:10:00
Edward Ellsworth Annis, professionally known as Teddy Hart, 40 years old, was arrested yesterday in Richmond, Virginia and is currently incarcerated at the Richmond City Jail. He is listed as being booked at midnight this morning, so he would have been arrested last night.

According to court records, Annis has charged with possession of a schedule III narcotic and possession with intent to sell or distribute. According to Virginia law, Possession of a Schedule III controlled substance is a Class 1 misdemeanor. It is punished with up to 12 months in jail and a fine up to $2500. Possession of a Schedule III controlled substance by a prisoner (Va. Code §53.1-203(6)) is a Class 5 felony, punished with up to 10 years in prison and a fine up to $2,500. According to SwangoLaw.com, narcotics that fall under Schedule III in Virginia include anabolic steroids, ketamine, codeine, and hydrocodone.

Annis has a court date set for 4/23 at 9 AM.

Annis was released from his MLW contract in December 2019 after several requests to be cut loose from his contract.

If you enjoy PWInsider.com you can check out the AD-FREE PWInsider Elite section, which features exclusive audio updates, news, our critically acclaimed podcasts, interviews and more, right now for THREE DAYS free by clicking here!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Since Matthew Justice will be defending a mysterious belt at WrestleVania, I present to you the Blackcraft Wrestling Linear Title History

Johnny Blackcraft 8/24/18 Blackcraft Burning Bridges
Chavo Guerrero Jr 9/29/18 OKLAMANIA III (WCR title match)
Gabriel Wolf 4/27/19 BCW 28: Lucha Downunderground II Tag 2
Chavo Guerrero Jr 4/28/19 BCW 29: Lucha Downunderground II Tag 3
MVP 9/13/19 Impact Wrestling/WCR Operation Overdrive (By DQ)
Rey Mysterio Jr Raw 1/27/20

If Rey can remain undefeated in singles matches until his contract runs out there is a chance the prestigious Blackcraft Linear Title can make it back to the indies.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Lumbermouth posted:

It's more that the two I mentioned are comparatively new matches. I'm stoked about more Australian guys getting booked at PWG, especially Moretti. Dude's physical character work is loving insane.

I really hope Moretti and De Silva have a better showing in their next match. I hated their match at varsity athlete. Lots of sloppiness and it went on like 15 minutes longer than it should have.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This Saturday on FITE at 8PM Eastern you have two (!) options for what to watch

GCW presents Run Rickey Run:
Matthew Justice vs Matt Tremont
Alex Colon vs Takashi Sasaki
Shlak issues an open challenge
Effy vs Tony Deppen
Chris Dickinson vs Jimmy Lloyd
Joey Janela vs Jordan Oliver
Mance Warner vs Allie Kat
Rickey Shane Page defends the world title against Nick Gage

Warrior Wrestling presents their eighth show:
Templario vs Cavernario
Robert Anthony vs WarHorse
The Rascalz (Dezmond Xavier, Zachary Wentz and Trey Miguel) vs StrongHearts (CIMA, El Lindaman and T-Hawk)
The North (Ethan Page and Josh Alexander) vs Space Pirates (Space Monkey and Shane Sabre)
Brian Pillman Jr vs Bully Ray
Alex Shelley vs Ren Narita
Jonathan Gresham vs Daga
Tessa Blanchard defends the women's title against Kylie Rae, Madison Rayne, Big Swole, Taya Valkyrie, Britt Baker, Tasha Steelz and Ray Lyn in a War of Attrition match
Lance Archer, Aramis, Alex Zayne, Michael Elgin, Sam Adonis, Andrew Everett, Black Taurus, and a mystery eighth entrant (who competed earlier on the card and is deemed as having the best performance of the night) fight for the vacant world title in a War of Attrition match

War of Attrition is a three-fall match. First fall is a 4-on-4 tag match (teams announced the night of), losers eliminated, person who makes the pin/submission picks their partner for second fall. Second fall is 2-on-2 tag match, losers eliminated. Fall three is singles match, winner is champ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/tony_deppen/status/1227783550814035970?s=21

gently caress yeah