Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks
King Aroo 9/20/53

They'll Do It Every Time 9/2/46

Mopsy 9/11/42

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth

Peanuts (February 11, 1973)

BoyLisa's Big Screw-Up

Crankshaft

9 Chickweed Lane

Life (With Skippy) (February 7, 1924)

Elsewhere in the issue: It dawned on me that I've been following Kleboe's clinker since the beginning of the year and never bothered to look up what the hell a clinker is.

"Clinkers, also known as slag, consist of the noncombustible elements and minerals found in coal that melt and fuse together as lumpy ashes from coal combustion. "

Well there ya go. This cartoon was another victim of the post-war collapse of the anthracite market.

T.S. Sullivan is a friend to dogs. As long as they're unappetizing.

Alias: Buster Brown is a wig-snatching fool. (April 5, 1908)

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Feb 10, 2020

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Okay, I laughed at this.

Vargo posted:

Holy poo poo, Wallace
]

I love how creative Wallace is. It's easily one of the best comics in this thread. :3:

It's kind of funny that the joke's supposed to be about the chef being jealous, but nowadays it just looks like the chef's just mad that these customers are creeping on the waitress.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set is a magnanimous in victory.

Working Daze is didn't have the willpower to not copy-paste.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix is :filez:

Cul De Sac should be grateful it's not bucket-head Kevin.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Retail

Get Fuzzy 2/8/00

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

EasyEW posted:

Sally Forth

I teared up a little on panel 5. A good comic.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

No Safe Havens on Sundays!

Stone Soup

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Sherman's Lagoon

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

FrumpleOrz posted:

Hagar The Horrible

I'm trying very hard to think of a non-homophobic explanation for the throwaway panels here, and I can't come up with one.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

hagar is showing the early signs of succumbing to a fell mood, in which he will seek the nearest viking in order to murder them and drag them to a nearby workshop in order to create a legendary artifact from their body parts.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

FrumpleOrz posted:

On The Fastrack

Won't the gloves break?

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
Alice looks like she's seen the horrors of infinity in the spongs (Dill), and Ballard is the picture of every day's struggle.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Fort Knox

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ghostlight posted:

hagar is showing the early signs of succumbing to a fell mood, in which he will seek the nearest viking in order to murder them and drag them to a nearby workshop in order to create a legendary artifact from their body parts.

Good thing they already have menacing spikes! :haw:

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
In today's Corto Maltese: I hope you guys like trains, because HERE COMES ANOTHER!, or Lil has little time for scruples, or Lil has friends in the steppes

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (July 12, 2008)

Arlo and Janis Classic (July 12, 1998)

Garfield Classic (July 12, 1988)

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Juliet Jones, in which Karen sure picked the right guy to stick up.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

Shouldn't they at least try to look for him?

Mary Worth

"Well I'm pretty sure he's not sleeping with his dance-instructor 'cousin' as he feeds my ego and cons me out of my money at least."

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

rest in pieces Vargo: savaged by juvenile diabetes, never loved by a woman, was a cyborg

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Holbrook doesn’t understand how scales work.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

EasyEW posted:

Elsewhere in the issue: It dawned on me that I've been following Kleboe's clinker since the beginning of the year and never bothered to look up what the hell a clinker is.

"Clinkers, also known as slag, consist of the noncombustible elements and minerals found in coal that melt and fuse together as lumpy ashes from coal combustion. "

This was brand-new information to me; I vividly remember the Old Man in A Christmas Story, in one of his battles with the family furnace, shouting it's a clinkerrrrrrrrr but I always just assumed "clinker" was, like, old-timey slang for a mechanical device that was malfunctioning or just a piece of poo poo (the rationale being that a broken machine would make a clinking sound instead of functioning normally).

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Support Tauhid's Patreon here.

Old School Peanuts (Jun 21, 1951)

Calvin and Hobbes (Jan 29-30, 1987)

Robbie and Bobby (Apr 1-2, 2015)

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Moomin and Family Life

next up: Moomin on the Riviera

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Gnoman posted:

I'm trying very hard to think of a non-homophobic explanation for the throwaway panels here, and I can't come up with one.

cannibalism

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

StrixNebulosa posted:

rest in pieces Vargo: savaged by juvenile diabetes, never loved by a woman, was a cyborg

I kinda think that's actually projection by Jallen, it's really his own standin, but making Vargo's namesake super pathetic like him is the best he can do

think he also needs to put up a tombstone that says that he never scored or something

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Binary Badger posted:

I kinda think that's actually projection by Jallen, it's really his own standin, but making Vargo's namesake super pathetic like him is the best he can do

think he also needs to put up a tombstone that says that he never scored or something

I keep thinking "okay no, he's definitely not doing me anymore" but then again, I have a pinned tweet from 2018 about something cool I did and it contains a reference to "for potential employers who might be googling me", and James thought it was cool and funny to mock me being unemployed based on that. (Even though I have a job)

So every time I think this has dragged on long enough, I remember that he's a small, petty, stupid man and yes, he probably did do that ridiculous thing we think he did.

BCN

Phoebe

Wallace

Curtis

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Evil Mastermind posted:

Super-Fun-Pak Comix is :filez:

If any of you read this one more than once please report yourselves to me so I can queue up your probes. We take the law seriously here in BSS.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

How Wonderful! posted:

If any of you read this one more than once please report yourselves to me so I can queue up your probes. We take the law seriously here in BSS.
Fuckin' pig!

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Endless Mike posted:

Fuckin' pig!

I just want to be featured in a Sunday Dick Tracy for my valor in stopping goon crimes.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

Modesty's next adventure will begin when I get a chance to upload it!

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

:thunk:

Monty

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Just one again.

Walpurgis Night (last of April) has traditionally pretty strong connection to witchcraft, bit like Halloween.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walpurgis_Night

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

1997 Viivi & Wagner

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I really hate today's dustin because of the inherent sexism going on. Girls like all kinds of books you morons.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

StrixNebulosa posted:

I really hate today's dustin because of the inherent sexism going on. Girls like all kinds of books you morons.

But dudes don't! Then you'd have to pray that they pick a sports or rap biography instead of a novel.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

girls like books about makeup and glitter probably. and shoes

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

kidcoelacanth posted:

girls like books about makeup and glitter probably. and shoes

Those coffee table type books that are 95% pictures.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

How Wonderful! posted:

Ha! I’ve read it three times so far! And there’s nothing you can do to stop me from reading it a fourth time! Do you hear me? NOTHING!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Dustin is an English major

definitely hates "girl" books aka "literature"

The authors probably think book clubs are all about reading 50 shades of sex books and then *trails off* just like boys think that girls' sleepovers are all sorts of kinky poo poo

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

quote:

Today we take a look at evil imp husbandry and the nuances thereof. Hugh's goat guts have of course been an issue earlier in the tale.

Johnny Aztec posted:

Those coffee table type books that are 95% pictures.
Even if they're pictures of Spider-Man?

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

StrixNebulosa posted:

The alternative is they join a book club and then work really hard to seem to be the most knowledgeable one in the room at all times, like some classmates I've had in English classes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Get hosed, Skelley.

2017 Spiderman

1978 Comics

Dick Tracy

Major Crime Squad

Locher Tracy

Origins of the Sunday Comics

Footrot Flats