Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I had an entire warehouse surrounded by corkscrew belts, it was awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Looking back at life before the conveyor belt update made me realize just how big the updates were, and that I should absolutely hold off on starting a new world until the next update comes out.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Wrr posted:

Looking back at life before the conveyor belt update made me realize just how big the updates were, and that I should absolutely hold off on starting a new world until the next update comes out.

I've burnt myself out on factorio and now I cannot really enjoy the new updates, which is why I stopped playing after the initial drop, and I'm basically avoiding playing this until it's much closer to release.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

DelphiAegis posted:

I tried this a little bit via a friend, back before they added nuclear and trains.

Due to the 3d aspect, it seems very much more my jam than Factorio (though I am waiting for Factorio 1.0 anxiously).

My one issue is that it's on the epic games store. Have they said anything about it coming to steam at all? :ohdear:

I don't think so, but it'll have been on there exclusive for a year next month, so if it's coming to Steam it shouldn't be too long.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

DelphiAegis posted:

My one issue is that it's on the epic games store. Have they said anything about it coming to steam at all? :ohdear:
The official answer from the devs is still "no comment", but recently, the Steam logo has appeared on the Geforce Experience entry for the game, and the Steam store page has been edited, so there's definitely something going on :tinfoil:

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

I thought it was said that it was a one year exclusive. So, probably expect it in march.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009
Next update is coming to experimental on tuesday.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.

kanonvandekempen posted:

Next update is coming to experimental on tuesday.

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Is it normal to have a hard time swinging your weapon? I feel like more than half the time when I quit moving around, left clicking does nothing. Really annoying when I try to run up to a flame dude and have to pray that my xeno basher/xeno zapper will work when I stop sprinting.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I have never had trouble with attacking.

Also new teaser video: A fourth starting location, the north-eastern dune desert.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Must be my track pad. Thanks

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I've noticed sometimes multiple inputs makes you not attack. Like jumping seems to have a few frames where you can't attack, for instance.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Update 3 is great but I need a dedicated server. Maybe that will show up with steam in March.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Mr. Powers posted:

Update 3 is great but I need a dedicated server. Maybe that will show up with steam in March.

A dedicated server helps with multi player?

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Mr. Powers posted:

Wait, update 3 is out, I thought it wasn't being released until the 11?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I thought that Update 3 is bringing dedicated servers. Isn't that why it's been so long, since they said they couldn't pick between official mod support or dedicated servers so they did both?

Either way, I'm so jumping on experimental on the 11th to play. I haven't played this since like July.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

It's not out til the 11th. I mean "update 3 coming out is great". I thought they separated dedicated servers from the update.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Ruzihm posted:

Is it normal to have a hard time swinging your weapon? I feel like more than half the time when I quit moving around, left clicking does nothing. Really annoying when I try to run up to a flame dude and have to pray that my xeno basher/xeno zapper will work when I stop sprinting.

Found out I can sprint and attack if I also hold left Ctrl. Weird poo poo

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The dedicated servers and multithreading updates(we got this one earlier) were specifically mentioned to be seperate from the big update. It might be included, but it could very well be something coming later.

I wasn't sure before but I'm 100% starting over on tuesday. I can't wait to see what they've managed to cram into this.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Lack of dedicated servers is still a deal breaker for me. I played for a few hours on release, but p2p hosting for a persistent game like this is absolutely the worst just from a timing perspective, not to mention performance will naturally suffer.

I can't play games like this alone, so until they finally add dedicated servers.... Guess I'll keep waiting.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Taffer posted:

Lack of dedicated servers is still a deal breaker for me. I played for a few hours on release, but p2p hosting for a persistent game like this is absolutely the worst just from a timing perspective, not to mention performance will naturally suffer.

I can't play games like this alone, so until they finally add dedicated servers.... Guess I'll keep waiting.

How do you find folks to play with? Just curious, I might want to play with someone someday.....

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Mayveena posted:

How do you find folks to play with? Just curious, I might want to play with someone someday.....

Just walk up to your favorite group of 8-10 friends and ask if anyone would be willing to join you, chances are pretty good you will get 2-3 people willing to play

If not, go to your second favorite group of friends and repeat

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Evilreaver posted:

Just walk up to your favorite group of 8-10 friends and ask if anyone would be willing to join you, chances are pretty good you will get 2-3 people willing to play

If not, go to your second favorite group of friends and repeat

well at 62 and a black woman don't have 8-10 friends like that sadly.....I get two co ops a year with my 28 year old son but that's about it (Mom's day and Xmas). He would not like Satisfactory either.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
Yelling out the window also works

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
There is a discord

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

I'm down for doing some co-op once the new update hits. How does it handle the shared factory game? Does the factory just live on the hosts computer and the partners join in?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Wrr posted:

I'm down for doing some co-op once the new update hits. How does it handle the shared factory game? Does the factory just live on the hosts computer and the partners join in?

Yeah, pretty much. And last I checked, you can't bring your inventory from your own game (would make it too easy to bypass some building steps).

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

M_Gargantua posted:

There is a discord

I know, but they feel like pubs and you folks feel like friends :)

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Wrr posted:

Yeah. You can also pass the save file around and it will keep proper track of who's who. I did that with my friends because being the host is a better experience and it's good to spread that around.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Even on LAN, the multiplayer is quite buggy/tends to bug out over time. But the game is much funner with a friend.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

DelphiAegis posted:

The exclusivity deal ends soon but no they have not.

If you are set on Epic getting less of your money there are some options.

- Make a deal with someone where they buy it for you and you buy them an equivalent Steam game or gift cash. Probably difficult since you can't gift EGS purchases.
- Buy it on somewhere like G2A or allkeyshop where you are maybe helping someone launder money or steal credit cards. Morally bankrupt.

I say suck it up and buy it on EGS. Tencent bad so I can get sticking to your principles. Or just wait and pray.

Did UI scaling ever get out of the experimental build?

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Feb 10, 2020

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.

Mayveena posted:

I know, but they feel like pubs and you folks feel like friends :)

There is a GOONS discord for Satisfactory. Not a ton of people in it, so it doesn't feel like a massed fuckfest.

https://discord.gg/a78zFzY

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Dr. Stab posted:

Yeah. You can also pass the save file around and it will keep proper track of who's who. I did that with my friends because being the host is a better experience and it's good to spread that around.

I have the worst internet of my friends and the only computer that can run the server. I pity my friends.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Heran Bago posted:

The exclusivity deal ends soon but no they have not.

If you are set on Epic getting less of your money there are some options.

- Make a deal with someone where they buy it for you and you buy them an equivalent Steam game or gift cash. Probably difficult since you can't gift EGS purchases.
- Buy it on somewhere like G2A or allkeyshop where you are maybe helping someone launder money or steal credit cards. Morally bankrupt.

I say suck it up and buy it on EGS. Tencent bad so I can get sticking to your principles. Or just wait and pray.

Did UI scaling ever get out of the experimental build?

Honestly it isn't even about sticking it to EGS, it's more of a straight :effort: of having to launch a whole separate (lovely so far) UI overhead to play a different game.

Fake edit: I even didn't play a few of the older Assassin's Creed games via steam since it just launched the Ubisoft launcher and I was too impatient for that poo poo.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Its not like the EGS launcher even does anything, you can just nuke the application after launching the game. But launching the game from its own .exe is a step too far for EGS I guess. Also when is the experimental update hitting? It's been like a year since trains came out.

Sidenote: Trains come way too loving late in the tiers. Me and a friend started up again last week and all I've been wanting to do is build TRAINS, but noooo, I have to make loving computers first. Just give me a lovely early train, I don't even care if its worse than a tier 1 belt, I want to be able to build the infrastructure from the beginning.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Demiurge4 posted:

Also when is the experimental update hitting?

It seems like they've historically released about noon-ish in the US, so probably five-or-so hours? I get the feeling they're working down to the wire, because they posted last night that they're still writing the patch notes.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

9AM PST is the time the experimental Update 3 will drop. Translate as needed :).

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Devs are having a stream for the new update

https://www.twitch.tv/coffeestainstudiosdevs

They are showing movie clips from the early days of color TV right now, which might or might not have something to do with the game...

:wtf:

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Patch notes are up.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SatisfactoryGame/comments/f2b8kr/update_3_patch_notes_early_access_experimental/

Holy poo poo, I thought I could just do a partial rebuild on my factory and keep going, but the changes make me think I'd be better off starting from scratch. Lots of changes here: pumping and storage of fluids, new transportation method, UI changes, alteration of a lot of recipes.

Oh, and better multicore support. That'll really help. Oh! And this'll be a really nice change: "Players can now set part per minute when Overclocking instead of only percentage"

edit: Oh, this'll make dismantling my entire factory MUCH easier. Maybe I will stick with my current save game.

quote:

Mass dismantling buildings now creates a single crate when the resources don’t fit into the inventory, instead of a crate per buildable dismantled

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Feb 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
Haha, well there's the confirmation it's coming to steam, too.