Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

whatever the case they already tried bringing back seina so often that this season they had to do something else and try to create white seina

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Cavauro posted:

whatever the case they already tried bringing back seina so often that this season they had to do something else and try to create white seina

I didn't watch the latest season until Hana came in but it seemed like as soon as she got there she had the very Seina mindset of "Let's stop beating around the bush and make things happen"

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

everyone was a statue until hana came in but the house clears out a little then suddenly she becomes the one lagging behind socially due to shyness or lack of exp. Highly recommended

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

Is Terrace House a bigger deal in America than it is in Japan? Doesn't seem like Hana's really bringing in significant people to the show.

I'll re-phrase that, wrestling is a little more main-stream/less embarassing in Japan than the US, so is Hana being on Terrace House not really a big deal?

They've gone from doing 800-900 a show to pretty much selling out Korakuen every time. The real test will be how well the Ota Ward show goes but there's a real chance that by the end of the year Stardom is the second biggest promotion in Tokyo should they keep this up.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I won't link the tweet because it's in Japanese anyway and spoils the Stardom main event but it looks like Stardom and Marvelous are going to be working together. That's too very different fan cultures and probably another big sign that Bushiroad wants to move away from the reputation Stardom had.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Stardom are doing really well. Bushiroad seem to be pretty good at promoting pro wrestling. They weren't that far off dragon gates show from the other day with an open the dream gate title match.

It's the second best korakuen gate in Feb so far. They have to be pleased with how they have drawn so far.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Iroha/Mayu was fantastic. Go out of your way to see that.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Why is there an article about Stardom in the Daily Mail?.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7981283/Ask-ref-girls-women-Japanese-wrestling-company-moves-Tokyo.html

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
There's 30 pictures in that article which almost makes it looks like a fan got a press pass and took a bunch of photos on a trip to Japan

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Probably because Bea and Giulia were featured in it, and both were born in the UK/London.

Given the Daily Mail is a real lovely newspaper to be featured in considering its held in very low regard apparently?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

would be willing to bet some photog just took the pictures and shopped them after the fact and the daily mail who loves anything horny-adjacent was happy to buy

edit: actually the photo credits are all getty so they probably just had a license to use them anyway and figured it was free clicks

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Pretty sure some of those are the photos that Stardom upload on their twitter so I'm guessing that they are some sort of press pack deal which the Daily Mail decided to run with to get some of the horny clicks. 0% chance that any of it is in the print version although the idea of a big photo of Saya Kamitani being in the thing is incredibly funny to me!

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Whoever wrote it doesn't know poo poo about poo poo either. The posed pictures with the belt are supposedly after the match, and every move in the picture captions is a "body slam", including a moonsault and an armbar.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

DarkstarIV posted:

Probably because Bea and Giulia were featured in it, and both were born in the UK/London.

Given the Daily Mail is a real lovely newspaper to be featured in considering its held in very low regard apparently?

It's a trash newspaper but its website gets massive traffic and so its still a reasonably big deal.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

quote:

English wrestler Bea Priestley - real name Beatrice St Clere Priestley

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Go RV! posted:

Whoever wrote it doesn't know poo poo about poo poo either. The posed pictures with the belt are supposedly after the match, and every move in the picture captions is a "body slam", including a moonsault and an armbar.

My favourite line is the one about Korakuen Hall being the Madison Square Garden of wrestling as opposed to Madison Square Garden being the Madison Square Garden of wrestling.

They also wrongly identified a few of the wrestlers, the weirdest being thinking Syuri Kondo is Shuri Okuda when surely Syuri is the more notable given her UFC run.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

IceAgeComing posted:

Pretty sure some of those are the photos that Stardom upload on their twitter so I'm guessing that they are some sort of press pack deal which the Daily Mail decided to run with to get some of the horny clicks. 0% chance that any of it is in the print version although the idea of a big photo of Saya Kamitani being in the thing is incredibly funny to me!

It would be really funny if they put a picture of the inferior Stardom Saya in the paper, you're right

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/EFFYlives/status/1227053401999073280?s=19

VENY????

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

That's so loving cool, ASUKA was one of my favorites from last year but...VENY?

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Is that just a one night thing so they don't get sued by WWE?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Ishin posted:

Is that just a one night thing so they don't get sued by WWE?
They can't sue just because two people have the same stage name

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

She hasn't changed her name or twitter handle, this is entirely a US-only thing

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
TJPW 2/11 Kitazawa: Fun show, especially the last three matches. I can't believe Raku got a pin! Wonder who Yuka's challenger in America will be?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

PublicOpinion posted:

TJPW 2/11 Kitazawa: Fun show, especially the last three matches. I can't believe Raku got a pin! Wonder who Yuka's challenger in America will be?
Was a whole lot of fun, and the spoiler was *chef's kiss*

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Hahaha, poor Pom!

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
"Veny" is apparently a wacky romanization of 紅/beni, which is a fancy Japanese word for red

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/EFFYlives/status/1227218656456822789?s=20

so yeah, this is just for the us due to wwe asuka.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

https://twitter.com/ProWrestlingEVE/status/1227274791339474945

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Leo Onozaki will retire on February 15th

Enrique Meridian
Mar 29, 2010
who will get pinned now?

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Thauros posted:

https://twitter.com/EFFYlives/status/1227218656456822789?s=20

so yeah, this is just for the us due to wwe asuka.

All red everything?!?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/NuRiotPro/status/1226221031834226688

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ROH is running another Women's championship tournament. This one promises not to be as awful as the last one, we swear.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Didn't realise there was a wrestling venue on the Holloway Road; that would have been handy to know when I was living in that bit of London

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

coconono posted:

ROH is running another Women's championship tournament. This one promises not to be as awful as the last one, we swear.

Who are the competitors?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TV Zombie posted:

Who are the competitors?

from memory their division:
Sumie Sakai
Session Moth
That one big titty chick
the other one. no wait the first big titty chick bullied her out.
bubba ray's wife
the concussion lady
THE MAN EATER(unless she's in jail for battering Teddy Hart or whatever)

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Kelly Klein isn't there anymore, for obvious reasons.

I imagine they'll try to get the NWA women in the thing; there are some people they could pull from the Indies to fill it out and they have that Stardom connection apparently; for the first tournament what they did was had a quarter of the bracket just happen in Stardom before flying Mayu over for a match so you could do that again; or actually do the matches in the US this time.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Marvelous have brought in a wrestler named Masha Slamovich and I'm already a fan based on the unbelievably cheesy name.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

I wouldn't be surprised if Nicole Savoy popped up in the ROH tournament since she's worked a couple shows last month, would be cool to see her on a somewhat steady/consistent platform.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Marvelous have brought in a wrestler named Masha Slamovich and I'm already a fan based on the unbelievably cheesy name.

I'd personally rather we got more wrestlers with names like that over just boring generic things - especially when you learn the boring ones aren't their real names but something they've chosen.

Intrigued to see what the new Marvelous foreigners are like: the last two they had started slightly rough but I think it took them a bit of time to get into the swing of things and by the end of their run I was digging both of them: especially Queen Aminata who I think could go on to be pretty special if she hangs around and gets better rather than being signed by one of the big two companies and not get the opportunity to improve. I'm guessing that the last two set of foreigners are the results of that American tryout they had the middle of last year which might explain why they all have been less experienced Americans who haven't done a whole lot of major stuff and so normally wouldn't get noticed by other places. I mean its how they found Nyla Rose back when she was a random indie worker in the North East US not doing anything really and I think its fair to say that one worked out for, well, everyone involved.