Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Did not expect to see Bioware would re-commit to Anthem and be redesigning the entire game from the ground up. I think everyone here kinda expected they would just sunset the entire thing and cut their loses.

I definitely trust EA to not gently caress this up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Phantasium posted:

I'd play Citizen Bob Souls

Omikron: The Nomad Boll

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

One More Cup of Coffee Talk

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1226936957013561346

Hackers attempt to make RDO fun

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Anthem still copying Destiny by being bad for a while and then rejuvenated by a major annual expansion

Although Destiny got their fix in 1 year, not 2, and was never as much of a trash fire as Anthem

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Is there anyone even asking for Anthem to be good? They were never even clear on what kind of game they wanted to make or why it would be fun. The marketing and previews for that game were so baffling.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

i accidentally watched an episode of Gumball about video games and it's very clear that someone played a PS1 era Final Fantasy game while writing it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wG3xrk74ro

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Redesigning Anthem from the ground up didn't work during dev, but surely this time it'll be a recipe for success!

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

(deep)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

we laugh now but this time next year we'll all be anthemaniacs or whatever it is anthem fans call themselves

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the bit in the anthem beta ended with fighting literally the spider tank from destiny with identical mechanics

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

we laugh now but this time next year we'll all be anthemaniacs or whatever it is anthem fans call themselves

do we get pay-for-play contracts

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

There are no Anthem fans.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

I said come in! posted:

There are no Anthem fans.

People are still playing Fallout 76 right now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

John Murdoch posted:

People are still playing Fallout 76 right now.

Are they ok?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

DC Murderverse posted:

i accidentally watched an episode of Gumball about video games and it's very clear that someone played a PS1 era Final Fantasy game while writing it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wG3xrk74ro

Gumball is millennial nerd nostalgia the show. OK KO is also really good. There’s a gay couple and one of them is straight up Tom Guycott from Clash at Demonhead. They somehow convinced Sega to do a Sonic episode and he’s posed the same as an Easter egg from Crusader of Centy.

They named a character Dendy and she has a great episode about conflicting feelings as a fan of a problematic hobby, it’s great.

al-azad fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Feb 11, 2020

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

al-azad posted:

Gumball is millennial nerd nostalgia the show. OK KO is also really good. There’s a gay couple and one of them is straight up Tom Guycott from Clash at Demonhead. They somehow convinced Sega to do a Sonic episode and he’s posed the same as an Easter egg from Crusader of Centy.

They named a character Dendy and she has a great episode about conflicting feelings as a fan of a problematic hobby, it’s great.

wait dendy like the bootleg console?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

waay back in the day ian jones quartey posted on these very forums, when they were relevant

Barudak
May 7, 2007

One thing I like a about Yugioh Speed Duels, besides just cutting the drat game down to its core of "counter their bullshit before its uncounterable" without having 8 million summon types is the introduction of special cards that sit outside your deck that give you a bullshit ability once per duel a la the anime. Want to once a game be Yugi and pick what card you draw out of your deck? Theres a card for that

No, Terry, they're not

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Barudak posted:

One thing I like a about Yugioh Speed Duels, besides just cutting the drat game down to its core of "counter their bullshit before its uncounterable" without having 8 million summon types is the introduction of special cards that sit outside your deck that give you a bullshit ability once per duel a la the anime. Want to once a game be Yugi and pick what card you draw out of your deck? Theres a card for that
this is what duel links is on the phone pretty much, although they've slowly added in synchros and xyz summons and all that. it's still a much faster game than regular yugioh with decks that are the barest of archetypes, though

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Don't @ me ITT

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

for the very first time

I want you to know that I saw this, and I'm very proud of you.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Grapplejack posted:

wait dendy like the bootleg console?

Yep.

Actually every show CN has produced last 5 years has been good. Disney got some good stuff too, I’m sad my childhood was animated versions of hard R movies.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I'm an Anthem Fan but we prefer to be called Fanthems, heh, it's our little joke :classiclol:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

j g quintel was supposed to be doing an animated show for tbs after regular show wrapped up but that seems to have died in commitee, most notably regular show had fyad friend ryan pequin aka fifthace on its crew after the first couple of years

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

carly monado and ian jones quartey both worked on the early seasons of the venture bros, alongside ben edlund the creator of the tick

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

al-azad posted:

Yep.

Actually every show CN has produced last 5 years has been good. Disney got some good stuff too, I’m sad my childhood was animated versions of hard R movies.
glad i was born in the era of rockos modern life, to show me how to live a deeply anxious and neurotic life as an adult

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Songbearer posted:

I'm an Anthem Fan but we prefer to be called Fanthems, heh, it's our little joke :classiclol:

Did you come up with this or did the other guy?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

homeless snail posted:

this is what duel links is on the phone pretty much, although they've slowly added in synchros and xyz summons and all that. it's still a much faster game than regular yugioh with decks that are the barest of archetypes, though

Thats kind of dissapointing they added synchros and xyz, although at least the game is forever safe from pendulum monsters

al-azad
May 28, 2009

homeless snail posted:

glad i was born in the era of rockos modern life, to show me how to live a deeply anxious and neurotic life as an adult

My favorite episode is when he marries Filburt to avoid being deported. That or Bighead literally coming out the closet to reveal he was a clown.

I also just rewatched Goofy Movie after 20 years and wow the writing is amazing. That movie got the short end by Disney.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Even though it's not my thing I've been following this game for what feels like forever and it's finally coming out
https://twitter.com/panstasz/status/1226837968561823744?s=19

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Cowcaster posted:

j g quintel was supposed to be doing an animated show for tbs after regular show wrapped up but that seems to have died in commitee, most notably regular show had fyad friend ryan pequin aka fifthace on its crew after the first couple of years

It's coming to HBO Max.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

SeXReX posted:

Even though it's not my thing I've been following this game for what feels like forever and it's finally coming out

early access :arghfist:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

SeXReX posted:

First I ever heard of this and I've only seen the screenshot in this tweet. Deffo buying. Way cool art style.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/headfallsoff/status/1226935242843402241

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i think one thing we can all agree on is that people who play monster hunter world on mouse and keyboard are loving Nasty and deserve only scorn

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
there is honor in the claw grip, but not in this

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Relax Or DIE posted:

monster hunter world ... mouse and keyboard

what the gently caress

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i play on mouse and keyboard because i'm a PC gamer and that's what i'm used to :(

also this is my new look, feels pretty cute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Use every part of the feather boa, leave none to waste