Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

no fuckin way lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

isn't McKinsey where Buttigieg worked lmao

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the trump tutelage posted:

isn't McKinsey where Buttigieg worked lmao

sure is!!

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Bodyholes posted:

I think Warren would only stay in if she's in on the fix. Then siphoning as many delegates as possible off Sanders for a contested convention would be a goal.

But it's a lot of money to stay in, and after zero victories and a few distant second finishes on Super Tuesday, her support will dry up. Little reason to stick around. And if the DNC succeeds with the ratfuck they're certainly not going to give the nomination to her. She's still not moderate enough for them.

her FEC reports for January will be public at the end of the week; we'll see how she did during her worst month in the race (polling & optics).

the refunds of donations from people mad at her will be a line item on this report. :dance:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

pretty sad when your fake poll has to show you still not winning because you know no one would believe it otherwise lmao

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

turn down that music old man its after 10pm!!!

cool bernie: nah pig

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Please still act like that poll is legit new hampshire canvassers. One more day and we can celebrate.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Beef Stew posted:

Holy gently caress this is loving awesome for Bernie. But in the same poll they only have him beating trump by 5 in the GE. Im dumb, so can someone explain to me how Bernie can crush trump so thoroughly with independents while also only beating him by 5 overall in the GE?

Return of the PUMAs?

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

mad.radhu posted:

I am a sleeper agent and polls are my number station

Lmfao

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Willa Rogers posted:

Return of the PUMAs?

succlibs are gonna continue to be everything they accuse bernie bros of being

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
I guess this is old news but I just found out about this and I feel like I'm having a stroke

https://www.jfklibrary.org/learn/education/profile-in-courage-essay-contest/past-winning-essays/2000-winning-essay-by-peter-buttigieg

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
https://twitter.com/briebriejoy/status/1227002219393961985?s=20

Legitimately, when it comes to the primaries, the coverage on Fox is more fair and accurate than CNN or MSNBC.

I hope fox picks this up (they probably will)

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
i am losing my god drat mind

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

it's saying "vote for bernie and canvas for him as well" wow

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

eighty-four merc posted:

also I'm sorry to keep posting about this, but I just feel like the Nevada caucus is a no-win situation for the NV dems (which may be a good thing, depending on your perspective, but let's say it's bad)

like the system as I understood it at the training is going to be that the totally-not-an-app "caucus tool" is what gives you the results of the early vote ballots

basically abridged sequence of events seems to be:

1. room does their alignment
2. precinct chair inputs that info into not-app
3. not-app outputs early-vote first choices
4. voters in room for non-viable candidates can realign to try to form a viable group between themselves and previously unviable first-choice early votes (or join an already viable candidate, or be uncommitted)
5. precinct chair inputs results of this second and final alignment into not-app
6. not-app outputs where chips fell with remaining non-viable early votes, supposedly looking for each ballot's highest-ranked viable candidate

as it was explained at the training, we won't have access to the early vote ballots, or even be able to see a spreadsheet for our precinct's early votes and their individual, ranked choices

so it's like. say the caucus goes perfectly (it won't):

the median age 65 year old volunteer precinct chair does all the math perfectly, perfectly navigates the browser based form for reporting results to party, makes zero mistakes procedurally, the not-app doesn't poo poo itself and works as intended, etc

the source of information for how the chips fell in both the first and final alignment re: early vote ballots will ultimately be a black box in the form of a loving iPad

there's over 1700 precincts in Nevada. there are going to be some where everyone in the room voted for some candidate or candidates, and another candidate wins the precinct because, well, an iPad says so

in the wake of Iowa, and assuming the process as I understand it is and remains true, that's going to be a loving controversy. and no amount of "it's not an app and our cyber security vendor isn't Shadow even though we won't say who it is" is going to mitigate the legitimate concerns of a room full of people who just lost a game of democracy to an iPad

and that's if it all goes to plan

ok, you need to send this as an email to the intercept guys.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/kittyc313/status/1227077173254803456

https://twitter.com/mymidnight11/status/1227087131069177856

https://twitter.com/AnnahAnguiano/status/1227085774778060801

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Now check out who his dad was

amaru_chulla
Sep 3, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

Microbutt’s mom is hot

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

amaru_chulla posted:

Microbutt’s mom is hot

no dude

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Epic High Five posted:

Now check out who his dad was

Yeah, I know, I came across this while tracing back his family tree to when the Buttigieg family was given the "Nobile" title in Malta after the Norman Conquest of the 13th century, in the course of trying to figure out if Pete is the heir to any unclaimed nobleman's titles

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

amaru_chulla posted:

Microbutt’s mom is hot

1. that's caroline kennedy

2. horny is prohibited

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

oxsnard posted:

https://twitter.com/briebriejoy/status/1227002219393961985?s=20

Legitimately, when it comes to the primaries, the coverage on Fox is more fair and accurate than CNN or MSNBC.

I hope fox picks this up (they probably will)

I'd be pretty amazed if they didn't. Democrats being the real racists? yes please!

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

~

~

~

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
hey is this place feeding fake polls to brazil

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Laugh Out Loud

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
and Mexico

i wonder which side they would be on there :thunk:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

hey is this place feeding fake polls to brazil

And is this how they get caught?

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.
btw the real game theory solution to Nevada caucus is to primary the 70 year old temporary precinct chair

literally step one in script is to nominate yourself, explain you were trained and certified by NV dems, and ask if there are other nominations

loving nominate yourself as being more qualified to use an iPad, follow a script, and do math

it will be probably at most the second time the volunteer temp precinct chair has used the reporting app, and very likely the first

literally ask the guy trying to run the precinct "what exactly happens when you open the reporting software? what does it look like? what about the next screen? the next? does it tell you the viability threshold or do you do that yourself? are the EV numbers in that envelope or output from the software? when do you round up? when do round down?" etc

like you could probably break their will to even want to do it anymore

please, someone do this to me on caucus day

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Epic High Five posted:

And is this how they get caught?

shook

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Bernie kept all his volunteers up too late and too drunk at the awesome party he threw :ohdear: now everyone's too hungover to drive voters to the polls

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
seriously. read this poo poo. like, actually read it, and think about what it is they say they're offering.

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
Mike Bloomberg just won Dixville Notch. Both Republican and Democrats

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
If I lived in Dixville Notch, I'd write-in Mike Hunt every time.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
the strokes singing new york city cops at the new hampshire cops you love to see it

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

dixville notch delenda est

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
wonder how much bloomberg paid for those 3 votes

you know it was more than you think

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
i find the lack of conspiracy theorists in here disappointing

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

it’s not a theory if it’s actively happening. Pete will be exposed after the general and hopefully be vanished like John Edwards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

it owns how much there is itt that sounds like a conspiracy theory but isn't