Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Goddamn that Wagner one is brilliant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

oldpainless posted:

Every time I see someone on a bicycle I have to comment on their bouncy tires and taut chain

more like oldchainless

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I wish Kelsey Grammer didn't suck so bad nowadays, he at least used to support gay people and pro-choice.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

He was looking and sounding pretty rough at the Oscar’s when they talked to him on the red carpet.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I want Kelsey Grammer to star in a Bojack Horseman esque streaming show where he's a washed up star with substance abuse issues who has alienated everybody with his terrible behavior.

He can sing the theme song himself:
"Back in the 90's, and the 80's, and the 2000's, I was in a very famous tv shooow"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
He's always been kind of a lunatic, his personal life is a tragicomedy. I think involving marrying multiple strippers.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Does that mean that he played Frasier from personal experience then? :laffo:

Also didn't he already do that Bojackesque show, but it was booze and dementia instead

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

alexandriao posted:

Does that mean that he played Frasier from personal experience then? :laffo:

Also didn't he already do that Bojackesque show, but it was booze and dementia instead

Niles is the last name of the man who mudered Kelsey Grammer's father. Grammer specifically requested that the writers give Niles that name because he thought it would make playing the under-the-surface hostility that characterized their sibling rivalry easier to play.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

He has a microbrewery started now, you know. I forget the name. Really too bad hes a republican

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Hey, give him a break, his brother was eaten by sharks

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

im frajer

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

ruddiger posted:

He was looking and sounding pretty rough at the Oscar’s when they talked to him on the red carpet.

After being sober for more than a decade, a few years back he proclaimed that he had been "cured" of his alcoholism and now proudly drinks every day.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Timby posted:

After being sober for more than a decade, a few years back he proclaimed that he had been "cured" of his alcoholism and now proudly drinks every day.

Hell, same

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Timby posted:

He had to drink daily back then. Now he chooses to.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Hey, give him a break, his brother was eaten by sharks

You weren't even joking holy poo poo :psyduck:

Apparently he voted trump?? oh god why

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

alexandriao posted:

You weren't even joking holy poo poo :psyduck:

Apparently he voted trump?? oh god why

People are so SWIFT! to JUDGE!, Niles! To REACT, to to to PUNISH!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

quote:

The actor's father was shot dead by a clinically insane murderer, while his sister was brutally gang raped and stabbed to death. His two half brothers were later killed after being eaten by sharks.

What the actual gently caress, I knew about half of this.

If anyone deserves a pass on their alcoholism/pill habits it is indeed this gentleman :wtf:

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

What the actual gently caress, I knew about half of this.

If anyone deserves a pass on their alcoholism/pill habits it is indeed this gentleman :wtf:

Its always great when a poster finds out just how cartoonishly awful Kelsey Grammers life has been

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Its always great when a poster finds out just how cartoonishly awful Kelsey Grammers life has been

Even half of it is cartoonishly awful, he's transcended that label.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

He's an awful person who has done awful things and had awful things done to him and suffered awfully. He's like a fillet-o-fish from McDonalds. Every step in the process of making that sandwich and getting it to you is horrendous on so many different levels but goddamn it's good and comforting and enjoyed by people of every strata.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

He's an awful person who has done awful things and had awful things done to him and suffered awfully. He's like a fillet-o-fish from McDonalds. Every step in the process of making that sandwich and getting it to you is horrendous on so many different levels but goddamn it's good and comforting and enjoyed by people of every strata.

It feels like the things he's done pale pretty considerably to what he's has to endure.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

He's an awful person who has done awful things and had awful things done to him and suffered awfully.

His hair in season 1 is bad but let’s not get hyperbolic

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

oldpainless posted:

His hair in season 1 fuckin owns

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Been said before that when you combine Always Sunny with Frasier you just get Kelsey Grammar's real life story.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

SilvergunSuperman posted:

It feels like the things he's done pale pretty considerably to what he's has to endure.

Doesn't mean I have to agree with him or let him off the hook.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Doesn't mean I have to agree with him or let him off the hook.

It feels like this is more a conversation for a therapist, he just tried to entertain you :shrug:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I can feel sorry for him and not be happy about his lovely opinions at the same time, life isn't a ponts game where he gets +5 for having a horrible tragedy happen to him and -5 for being an alcoholic sack of crap. I can hold the two separate things in my mind at the same time it's not that difficult. I appreciate what he's done, I love his work, I feel sorry for the life he's lived, but I can still get down on him for his opinions. The human mind can do all that at once!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Cool man, you definitely convinced me therapy isn't the obvious choice.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

I can feel sorry for him and not be happy about his lovely opinions at the same time, life isn't a ponts game where he gets +5 for having a horrible tragedy happen to him and -5 for being an alcoholic sack of crap. I can hold the two separate things in my mind at the same time it's not that difficult. I appreciate what he's done, I love his work, I feel sorry for the life he's lived, but I can still get down on him for his opinions. The human mind can do all that at once!

Sir this is Le Cigar Volant, can I take your order please

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

To be fair, Frasier would take the same stance and make a long-winded speech about how ignoring or forgiving Kelseys misdeeds would diminish his capacity as a rational agent. He'd probably say "the great thinker Immanuel Kant" at some point and end up stealing the guys opera box "as punishment" after convincing himself that doing so was noble. Then Niles would say "And that's why you're the older brother."

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I mean when you put his entire family history together it sounds impossible to believe

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

barbecue at the folks posted:

Sir this is Le Cigar Volant your home healthcare worker, can I take your order please

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

But Doctor, I am Dr Frasier Crane

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Inspector Hound posted:

But Doctor, I am Dr Frasier Crane

You don't know I know that? I went to Harvard you know!

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Kelsey got his wife (at the time) on the show, playing Eve at that one Halloween party. Before I knew that I always wondered why the show had picked such a *conspicuously* bad actor.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

it’s a real shame that they never explored the story of why WKCL’s other studios never reopened after being remodeled or w/e in season 1

if you read my fanfic it’s because bulldog kept sabotaging the restoration efforts to be close to his forbidden love, gil chesterton

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

im watching wings and the opener credits say "produced by roz doyle"

turns out it's true!

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

KoRMaK posted:

im watching wings and the opener credits say "produced by roz doyle"

turns out it's true!

drat, where'd you find Wings

vv ah, excellent, thank you! vv

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Feb 14, 2020

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I got the $3 Hulu when I was deliberating getting a VPN to :filez: everything and it turns out the streaming service (with ads) is a bit more competitively priced than the vpn

Both Fras and wings is on there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I like Wings, but it doesn't hold up quite as well.