Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

C-SPAN Caller posted:

I never understood marrying someone with radically different political opinions than yourself since politics affect peoples personal lives so much.

yeah millenials are smarter about marriage than dumbass boomers so this doesnt happen much anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

C-SPAN Caller posted:

I never understood marrying someone with radically different political opinions than yourself since politics affect peoples personal lives so much.
I've noticed these kinds of relationships usually eventually settle on a consensus opinion. maybe this particular couple just don't communicate with each other and will probably get divorced soon

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
IT'S KLOBBERIN' TIME!

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Free Matey.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

C-SPAN Caller posted:

it's very likely that the average bernie voter and the average pete voter didn't consider themselves to have wildly distinct political views just a few years ago

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i would definitely divorce someone who voted rat and then have to seek therapy for the years i spent sleeping next to some weird shapeshifting monster

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
Amy Klobuchar rampages through new hampshire. She kicks down a door and starts furiously giving noogies, swirlies, and wet willies to the terrified inhabitants inside. The inhabitants scream defeat: "Ok! You win! We'll vote for you!!" Klobuchar smirks, turns away, and walks directly through the living room wall. She wipes the sheetrock dust off of her blue suit and marches to the sidewalk. She strides to the nearest man and immediately gives him a powerful atomic wedgie. He falls to the ground, screaming. She walks into the street, causing a minivan to screech to a halt. She climbs onto the hood and begins jumping up and down while roaring. The minivan's doors slide open and children run screaming down the street. Amy leaps off of the minivan and chases them out of sight.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

stuffed crust punk posted:

yeah millenials are smarter about marriage than dumbass boomers so this doesnt happen much anymore

Millennials in general tend to be a lot smarter once they realise boomers only did things like get married, have kids and buy a house because it was what they were supposed to do, not because they actually wanted to or had a plan.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
My wife would have caucused for Warren if not for the AOC endorsement but that was back when Warren was still pretending to be Bernie but a woman.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Thoguh posted:

My wife would have caucused for Warren if not for the AOC endorsement but that was back when Warren was still pretending to be Bernie but a woman.

Your wife is saved the wall this time comrade

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
lots of wife chat this morning

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
did he win yet

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Klob won

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

my wife is a bernie sis

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
If I had a wife who was going to vote for pete I would seriously sever.

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 15:45 on Feb 11, 2020

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

a primate posted:

my wife is a bernie sis

U mean bernie broad

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Armadillo Tank posted:

I meant today's. California's take of just telling people "oh lol you didn't register as the right kind of democrat so gently caress you. You can't vote." Is certainly ballsy. At least the dnc is being diverse in voter suppression now lol.

the california stuff is peak whiteness

you as a person have a miniscule amount of power to effect change within the world. most of that power you do have is through voting and when you are part of a political system in the US that only allows for the existence of two viable parties you are ceding the vast majority of the power that you do have in some dumbass protest by registering as a third party or as no party preference

one party is the american nazi party and the other isnt, people die because of your moronic vanity

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

I sent Bernie money instead of buying a birthday gift for my Wolfe

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Polo-Rican posted:

Amy Klobuchar rampages through new hampshire. She kicks down a door and starts furiously giving noogies, swirlies, and wet willies to the terrified inhabitants inside. The inhabitants scream defeat: "Ok! You win! We'll vote for you!!" Klobuchar smirks, turns away, and walks directly through the living room wall. She wipes the sheetrock dust off of her blue suit and marches to the sidewalk. She strides to the nearest man and immediately gives him a powerful atomic wedgie. He falls to the ground, screaming. She walks into the street, causing a minivan to screech to a halt. She climbs onto the hood and begins jumping up and down while roaring. The minivan's doors slide open and children run screaming down the street. Amy leaps off of the minivan and chases them out of sight.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

https://twitter.com/CoryBooker/status/1097489776012349440

gorgmatic
Apr 25, 2006

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't
ALLAH IS ALL MERCIFUL

C-SPAN Caller posted:

U mean bernie broad

Counterpoint: Bernadette
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5XLDIvwqUQ

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
I can understand someone liking pete if they aren't paying attention (and I mean like close to 0) and only know that he's the young gay guy running for prez.

But if they are paying attention and still like Pete? That's a yikes from me, pal.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/msdnctv/status/1227127899767103489?s=21

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

AWWNAW posted:

I sent Bernie money instead of buying a birthday gift for my Wolfe

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG posted:

you as a person have a miniscule amount of power to effect change within the world. most of that power you do have is through voting and when you are part of a political system in the US that only allows for the existence of two viable parties you are ceding the vast majority of the power that you do have in some dumbass protest by registering as a third party or as no party preference

one party is the american nazi party and the other isnt, people die because of your moronic vanity

This is exactly the kind of thinking people accuse centrists of and vilify them for. "Nothing can change so vote for the lesser of two evils," instead of trying to find a non-binary solution.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Sure seems like party registration doesn't actually matter in California, what with them sending NPP ballots to registered Democrats and all.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

-hillary clinton, 2015

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Homeless Friend posted:

-hillary clinton, 2015

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

most of that power you do have is through voting

Lmfao

Limerick
Oct 23, 2009

:parrot:
Hey did you hear that Bernie Sanders

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
My wife can't vote. She seems to dislike Pete and Biden but doesn't really talk about liking anyone.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

shut up liberal

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

does anyone have a link to the DNC’s nominating rules? I found the delegate selection rules but not the rules for actually choosing a candidate.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
My favorite thing about this thread is how sane and stable everyone seems

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Typically antisemitic of Bernie trying to hide his 1488

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Limerick posted:

Hey did you hear that Bernie Sanders

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

mad.radhu posted:

lots of wife chat this morning

seriously, tell her to leave me alone lol

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sometimes you got to lib post jic your boss is watching

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Tonight: who do you stand with, Vermin Supreme or the Supreme Vermin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Drunkboxer posted:

My favorite thing about this thread is how sane and stable everyone seems

yeah i fukkin love vermin supreme check out this gif i made of jeb dabbing while he wins South Carolina