Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Man, Lost in Vivo is really good and fun but falls apart once you reach the endgame. Unless I missed something, the last area is just a series of boring corridors full of enemies before it abruptly ends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Been watching a lot of AlphaBetaGamer on Youtube recently. Enjoyable style: no commentary, just chunks of interesting games. Watched the video on \SPEK.TAKL\ that I think y'all in this thread would dig. You're alone late at night in your apartment, watching the kind of programming that only comes on at 2 AM, and things aren't right. Not trying to oversell it, but it's kinda Videodrome-y, kinda Paratropic-ish. Small game, 30 minutes, but right now it's a dollar and it's got the good PS1 horror vibes that are big right now.

https://somewhat.itch.io/spektakl

As for that Haunted Demo Disc I mentioned earlier, it's downloading now and I'm looking forward to playing it.

Bogart fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Feb 9, 2020

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
I'm just going to mention this nigh perfect trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_8_TkVorMU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

SomeJazzyRat posted:

I'm just going to mention this nigh perfect trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_8_TkVorMU

Oh my god

Hey kid...you wanna play some cool videogames?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Captain Hygiene posted:

Oh my god

Hey kid...you wanna play some cool videogames?

This is such a good av.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
Super, super late to 'untapped potential for horror' chat, but mountains like K2 or Annapurna are just kind of begging for something to happen there.

Environment doesn't even have to bother trying to murder you, the mountains already loving hate you and everything you are, while meanwhile...

See also: the churn of bones and whatnot showing up in icefalls.

EDIT: see also: giant bats.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There was Cursed Mountain on the Wii, I remember it being.... Okay? Bit Fatal Frame ish

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The ultimate in mountain-based horror games is still Ski Free

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I’m playing Soma for the first time and I’m really, really liking it, I don’t know why I waited this long to play it.

I’m also a sucker for (and intensely, existentially freaked out by) deep-sea exploration, so this is totally my jam. It’s also making me want to replay Narcosis, which is also my jam.

The more I think about it, I’d love to see some kind of procedurally-generated “shipwreck exploration simulator”, where you could just.... wander through and explore various kinds of shipwrecks of different types and locations. Maybe some are in shallow water and you can just use a snorkel and scuba gear, and others are deeper and require pressure suits or ROVs, you can have different kinds of wrecks like wooden ships, more modern ships, maybe some planes, perhaps some of the wrecks have environmental hazards or are otherwise unstable, etc.
Seeing man made things reclaimed by the ocean just gets my rocks off for some reason; I had a real good time in GTA5 tooling around in the submersible and checking out the shipwrecks off the coast and stuff.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Subnautica might appeal to you. It's not exactly horror, but it's the best underwater exploration/survival game around and the first time you run into a ghost leviathan without expecting it will make you poo poo your pants.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I thought Subnautica's opening moments had an unexpectedly tense use of body horror, when the fire extinguisher fused with my body and I flailed around helplessly until the tutorial fire killed me.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Cardiovorax posted:

Subnautica might appeal to you. It's not exactly horror, but it's the best underwater exploration/survival game around and the first time you run into a ghost leviathan without expecting it will make you poo poo your pants.
If I’m not big on hunger/thirst management and somewhat averse to crafting how much will I hate Subnautica?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Xenomrph posted:

If I’m not big on hunger/thirst management and somewhat averse to crafting how much will I hate Subnautica?

You can turn off hunger/thirst stuff. Not sure about crafting though, there might be a sandbox mode?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Xenomrph posted:

I’m playing Soma for the first time and I’m really, really liking it, I don’t know why I waited this long to play it.

I’m also a sucker for (and intensely, existentially freaked out by) deep-sea exploration, so this is totally my jam. It’s also making me want to replay Narcosis, which is also my jam.

The more I think about it, I’d love to see some kind of procedurally-generated “shipwreck exploration simulator”, where you could just.... wander through and explore various kinds of shipwrecks of different types and locations. Maybe some are in shallow water and you can just use a snorkel and scuba gear, and others are deeper and require pressure suits or ROVs, you can have different kinds of wrecks like wooden ships, more modern ships, maybe some planes, perhaps some of the wrecks have environmental hazards or are otherwise unstable, etc.
Seeing man made things reclaimed by the ocean just gets my rocks off for some reason; I had a real good time in GTA5 tooling around in the submersible and checking out the shipwrecks off the coast and stuff.
Emulate Everblue 1 & 2 (PS2) and Endless Ocean 1 & 2 (Wii). All from the same developer. EO is mostly focused on chill marine life petting and dolphin training, but the EB games are all about grave robbing scavenging wrecks for valuables, and giving recovered booze to a local drunk who samples it and fills your collection. There are places like a plane, a sub, a ferry, an ocean liner and some other poo poo I no longer remember. No bodies though.
EO is relaxed, EB will kill you if you get too greedy.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
You'll want to do the crafting because otherwise there is literally no reason to play subnautica other than to zoom around and look at the pretty landscape, which granted is kinda cool. Crafting leads you to explore poo poo.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Xenomrph posted:

Morpheus posted:

You can turn off hunger/thirst stuff. Not sure about crafting though, there might be a sandbox mode?
The survival stuff is mostly optional, as Morpheus says, and you can use mods to active cheat modes and shortcut the crafting, if that's what you prefer. I would recommend not doing so, though. It might not seem that way, but the game is actually fairly cleverly designed to lead you down a certain path through the game world, discovering new blueprints and resources in time with finding new locations that you currently can't access for lack of proper gear. Since there is a plot that you can and probably should follow, losing out on that somewhat takes away from the experience.

Also, you would definitely not want to get rid of the requirement for air. It sounds incredibly obnoxious, and to start out with it is, but the constant pressure of managing your available oxygen and often, just barely squeaking out a return to the surface or one of your submarines while angry bitey fish chase you makes for the most tense and even frightening moments in the entire game.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Morpheus posted:

You can turn off hunger/thirst stuff.
Awesome, my interest just went way up.

Crafting is one of those things that I’m weird about - sometimes it really turns me off and other times I don’t mind it, it’s sort of a case by case basis. It kind of depends on how obtrusive it is and how heavily the game focuses on it. Like, Minecraft is all about crafting (it’s in the name) but Terminator Resistance features it but it’s kind of optional.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Xenomrph posted:

Crafting is one of those things that I’m weird about - sometimes it really turns me off and other times I don’t mind it, it’s sort of a case by case basis. It kind of depends on how obtrusive it is and how heavily the game focuses on it. Like, Minecraft is all about crafting (it’s in the name) but Terminator Resistance features it but it’s kind of optional.
It's definitely less than Minecraft. If you've played Terraria, I'd call it about a step below that - the exploration is the point, the crafting just gives you means to get there.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Also w/r/t subnautica eventually you get a plasma knife that cooks fish for you when you hit them so food and water management becomes totally meaningless unless you're doing a long haul trip, in which case you're going to pack stuff for the trip.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Xenomrph posted:

Crafting in Subnautica is pretty much the gold standard for how it should be handled in every crafting-heavy game. No timers, very low resource requirements, virtually no grinding for materials. The most challenging part is figuring out what areas resources appear in, and there’s an entire wing of base building devoted to making that easy.

It’s a crafting-focused game but it’s also as good as crafting gets, so if you have any tolerance for it at all you should be fine.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Xenomrph posted:

Subnautica ends up with some of the easiest feeding yourself in survival gaming, it's just that there is a padding tax for each layer of automation on it.

Once you unlock alien containment (BIG aquariums) you can home grow an infinitely replenishing fish for zero power. And one breed of fish is what you craft into the basic type of water bottle. But you need to stop and craft them individually (+salt for preserved fish). There is a heat knife which flash cooks edible fish in one stab too. There are ration bars but you can never craft them. You can also combine specif forms of harvested coral to create bleach which = "Higher value water bottle"

The most talked about replenishing food are plant based. But they turbo nerfed the kind you don't need to replant, and the most powerful plant involves a lot of "stab melons with your knife to get seeds, replant seeds." multi UI windows steps. But you can also grow them on your giant submarine on the go.

There are automatic water filtration machines. But they are the most energy hungry object in the entire game. While you can get infinity volcano power transmitted to a base in this game, it still takes about 15 realtime minutes per single serving activation (Compared to nigh instant "craft water bottle out of my infinity fish via a single solar panel"). And the stillsuit just kept getting pushed later and later into the game.

So food is always pretty easy if you leave it turned on, but will remain feeling like busywork all game. But NOT as busywork as other survival games because you still have a dozen fairly easy means. Because the "Worst" it gets is asking why easy infinity sustenance A takes more mouse clicks or time compared to easy infinity sustenance B and C.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Feb 11, 2020

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
I would like if every game that had a hunger/thirst/warmth mechanic also did not have a hunger/thirst/warmth mechanic

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Honestly, after getting through the tutorial glitch I mentioned, I dropped Subnautica like a hot potato the instant I realized it had resource/crafting mechanics. I just want to see the spooky ocean monsters everyone talks about, not deal with that poo poo :arghfist::saddowns:
Maybe I'll try again someday, but after No Man's Sky I've just had an instant NOPE reaction to that stuff.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Captain Hygiene posted:

Honestly, after getting through the tutorial glitch I mentioned, I dropped Subnautica like a hot potato the instant I realized it had resource/crafting mechanics. I just want to see the spooky ocean monsters everyone talks about, not deal with that poo poo :arghfist::saddowns:
Maybe I'll try again someday, but after No Man's Sky I've just had an instant NOPE reaction to that stuff.

I’m the same way, I just want to explore environments, not do “busywork” to facilitate being able to explore.

Like I can see the novelty of having to manage air supplies in an underwater game, but I don’t want to have to worry about food and water.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

The food and water in Subnautica is some of the slowest ticking I've seen in an exploration/building game, but still you can turn that off and the crafting is great because it lets you do stuff like make your own little pit stops in different biomes if you'd like, set up some exploratory vehicle stuff, make a cozy hidey hole including things that are purely there for like, have a sit down in your viewing room and just look out into the spooky/cool/pretty ocean world around you value.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Feb 11, 2020

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Really, just give it a shot and see if it works for you, it's not like Steam won't let you return stuff as long as you play the game for less than two hours.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'd like to see From Software try to tackle a more underwater-themed horror action title. There is a lot of stuff that could be done with sunken ships and cities and I'd love to see a whole game of that kind of thing further developed to be a full game and not just one or two tiny areas.

As for undersea stuff, I really wish there was some kind of mod for xcom terror from the deep to add on to the potential missions (and to make them less annoying) because there are plenty of times you'll go investigate a downed alien craft or an ancient alien city but, unlike in the game's opening, you never get to explore any activity at downed ships like cruise liners. It is also an attack on a floating on and it is always a pain in the rear end, though that's mostly due to the enemy loadout for cruise ship missions.

Terror from the Deep was good with the horror and I wish it could be adapted into a better horror experience. I know there's openxcom but there are some major issues with Terror from the Deep that I'm not sure how easy it'd be to mod it into a better, much more balanced game.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

There is supposedly a new Aquanox game out this year and I can see them leaning more into the horror stuff since it is very of the time.

Who knows if it'll be any good, though.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

FirstAidKite posted:

I'd like to see From Software try to tackle a more underwater-themed horror action title. There is a lot of stuff that could be done with sunken ships and cities and I'd love to see a whole game of that kind of thing further developed to be a full game and not just one or two tiny areas.

As for undersea stuff, I really wish there was some kind of mod for xcom terror from the deep to add on to the potential missions (and to make them less annoying) because there are plenty of times you'll go investigate a downed alien craft or an ancient alien city but, unlike in the game's opening, you never get to explore any activity at downed ships like cruise liners. It is also an attack on a floating on and it is always a pain in the rear end, though that's mostly due to the enemy loadout for cruise ship missions.

Terror from the Deep was good with the horror and I wish it could be adapted into a better horror experience. I know there's openxcom but there are some major issues with Terror from the Deep that I'm not sure how easy it'd be to mod it into a better, much more balanced game.

I kid you not, when I first originally played dark souls, I played it so much that I had dreams about it.

One dream I had was that there was an underwater castle level. You had to get a bubble charm so that you had air to explore.

And there was a second part that would be on the ocean abyss and you would barely be able to see except for like the item lights and the possible monster lights that may lure you to your death.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/colorfiction/status/1212136677118005249?s=19

WORLD OF HORROR is out in 10 days and it looks rad as gently caress. It basically seems to be a roguelitey RPG where you solve mysteries... somehow?

I'm not sure how exactly it'll work mechanically, and I do believe the initial release is early access, but man its impossible to resist the black and white Mac-style visuals and overall Junji Ito-vibe it's going for.

Hope the actual game part lives up to its style.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Based on the demos it's closer to a board game like Betrayal at House on the Hill. You go room to room, click on stuff, sometimes it kills you or gives you a level bump. Very trial-and-error-y, highly random, hard to tell how it will look as a whole game because in a single adventure you could end up horribly maimed and burnt out.

I don't think it will be a "good" game but it's certainly visually interesting.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

Do you mean just water-themed or actually underwater? The underwater sections in Sekiro were kind of cool, if only for the novelty, but they also kinda demonstrated to me how badly FROMsoft's type of gameplay works in three dimensions. That headless fight, ugh.

If it's more about the theme, then I'd say Bloodborne was already halfway there, what with its Cephalopodian aesthetic in the monster design.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

Hakkesshu posted:

https://twitter.com/colorfiction/status/1212136677118005249?s=19

WORLD OF HORROR is out in 10 days and it looks rad as gently caress. It basically seems to be a roguelitey RPG where you solve mysteries... somehow?

I'm not sure how exactly it'll work mechanically, and I do believe the initial release is early access, but man its impossible to resist the black and white Mac-style visuals and overall Junji Ito-vibe it's going for.

Hope the actual game part lives up to its style.

I supported this a while back and am a pretty big fan. It basically is a solo card game about solving by exploring areas and resolving encounters. Also a shitload of creepy ambience and cool designs.

Also one of the only games I’ve ever played to have a surprise waiting for you if you alt tab. Jesus christ.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Cardiovorax posted:

Do you mean just water-themed or actually underwater? The underwater sections in Sekiro were kind of cool, if only for the novelty, but they also kinda demonstrated to me how badly FROMsoft's type of gameplay works in three dimensions. That headless fight, ugh.

If it's more about the theme, then I'd say Bloodborne was already halfway there, what with its Cephalopodian aesthetic in the monster design.

Dark Souls 3 sorta danced around it too with The Deep and the massive cathedral placed on top of its entrance like a plug (that only kinda works since The Deep’s influence still turned its guardians into cannibal cultists and a lady that rebirths people into grub things) Aldrichs dreams forseeing a new age of gloomy oceanic horror made me think we were getting some kind of primal ocean dlc too, but neeeeewp.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Ineffiable posted:

I kid you not, when I first originally played dark souls, I played it so much that I had dreams about it.

One dream I had was that there was an underwater castle level. You had to get a bubble charm so that you had air to explore.

And there was a second part that would be on the ocean abyss and you would barely be able to see except for like the item lights and the possible monster lights that may lure you to your death.

Hell yeah. Like, basically I'm imagining something like the Demon's Souls Shrine of Storms with all of the flying stingrays and skeletons but with a more blatant underwater aesthetic, or like Dark Souls 2's No Man's Wharf but like...bigger and more indepth and more akin to the concept art for that area (the Fishing Hamlet from Bloodborne really knocked this out of the park, especially with stuff like you being "under" it for a good bit of that DLC and finding things like people talking about being able to hear the water or one of the Fishing Hamlet enemies falling and landing in the underwater dry areas below it)

Cardiovorax posted:

I mean underwater, but don't give much in the way of 3D movement, you're too tethered to go swimming anyway. Something akin to being equipped with a diving suit and having to make your way through. Just have it be like... a magic suit that doesn't *need* an air source and also you can still walk around normally, no "I'm underwater so now I'm sluggish and can't go fast," just mostly an aesthetic theme to keep to.

Some pics that scratch that particular itch:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

I mean underwater, but don't give much in the way of 3D movement, you're too tethered to go swimming anyway. Something akin to being equipped with a diving suit and having to make your way through. Just have it be like... a magic suit that doesn't *need* an air source and also you can still walk around normally, no "I'm underwater so now I'm sluggish and can't go fast," just mostly an aesthetic theme to keep to.
That's a very interesting idea and I think I like it. There would be a lot of room there to let the suit introduce some Metroidvania elements or more varied movement abilities, making armor choice have more of an impact than it usually does in a FROM game. I'm getting some really nice mental images of walking on the edge of an underwater trench and seeing giant shadows backlit by volcanic fires from below swim through the depths.

Cardiovorax fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Feb 11, 2020

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Quicksilver6 posted:

I supported this a while back and am a pretty big fan. It basically is a solo card game about solving by exploring areas and resolving encounters. Also a shitload of creepy ambience and cool designs.

Also one of the only games I’ve ever played to have a surprise waiting for you if you alt tab. Jesus christ.

What's the surprise? Can't find anything from googling it.

Cardiovorax posted:

That's a very interesting idea and I think I like it. There would be a lot of room there to let the suit introduce some Metroidvania elements or more varied movement abilities, making armor choice have more of an impact than it usually does in a FROM game. I'm getting some really nice mental images of walking on the edge of an underwater trench and seeing giant shadows backlit by volcanic fires from below swim through the depths.

Hahaha ohhhh man gently caress that. Swimming up to the edge of a cliff in Subnautica and staring down the dark abyss sent a chill racing up and down my spine every time, jesus. That's not even counting the descent back into the murky darkness every time I needed to swim to the surface for air.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

al-azad posted:

Based on the demos it's closer to a board game like Betrayal at House on the Hill. You go room to room, click on stuff, sometimes it kills you or gives you a level bump. Very trial-and-error-y, highly random, hard to tell how it will look as a whole game because in a single adventure you could end up horribly maimed and burnt out.

I don't think it will be a "good" game but it's certainly visually interesting.

Yeah the demos have been neat but i probably won't buy this because they felt mechanically not my jam

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Cardiovorax posted:

Really, just give it a shot and see if it works for you, it's not like Steam won't let you return stuff as long as you play the game for less than two hours.

I’m definitely going to give it a whirl, I’m pretty sure the Epic Games Store gave away copies several months back and I think I grabbed a copy just because it was free.

Also horror game related, I’ve been replaying Alien vs Predator Classic for the first time in like half a decade and I’m playing the Marine campaign on Director’s Cut (hard) and that’s some white-knuckle poo poo. I’m having to unlearn a lot of modern FPS tactics and learn to just run and gun - I barely got through Orbital by sprinting through the level and praying the Aliens chasing me would get entangled with the AI Predators patrolling around, it was pretty loving bonkers.

I’m having issues with Tyrargo, specifically the mad sprint after you take out the Predator and Predalien in the hangar. I hosed myself by burning both of my saves earlier in the level, so I might have to replay the level from the top.

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Feb 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

Black-eyed angels swam with me...

Underwater horror themes could definitely do with further exploration, but I'm not sure how solvable the mechanical trade-offs are. Part of what makes oceanic terror is the fact that we're not especially mobile and graceful in the water; we're slow and clumsy and at the mercy of ancient species with thousands of years of adaptation to the environment that we lack, and trying to mechanically replicate that will always clang with some people no matter how good the presentation is otherwise. I feel like there are very impressive setpieces in Soma and Subnautica, but they still restrict player movement heavily. Conversely, the Souls games and Prey have moments that might as well be oceanic horror with otherwise normal movement, which is novel, but doesn't quite evoke the same dread. Overall I get the feeling that underwater horror settings will probably always end up being divisive this way, which limits their mass appeal somewhat.

FirstAidKite's idea does evoke some thoughts on solving for this, though I'm not sure how achievable it is. Something akin thematically to Endless Ocean or the like, where magical realism just sort of handwaves the fact that your light diving suit allows you to scramble around at a normal-ish pace at (potentially) multiple hundreds of atmospheres of underwater pressure (and/or your setting is otherworldly, so that the physics and environs don't have to correspond to anything in reality). With the right use of lighting and environment, I could see that working. Maybe the way you square the circle on swimming is to make free-swimming possible and occasionally necessary, but make it really painfully obvious that you're much less agile that way and much slower than anything that might be in the darkness above or around you. It should evoke dread when you have to leave the relative cover and comfort of the sea floor to scale an obstacle or cross a trench as you're now slower and exposed on all sides. It sounds like a real pain in the rear end as a design challenge regardless; how do you make it clear to players that it's usually a Real Bad Idea while still clearly signalling when they have no other choice without putting them on rails too hard and detracting from the dread?

Or, as I think I've mentioned before, just force you to go cave-diving, to double down with some claustrophobia issues as well. :v: If the player environment is normally enclosed, be it in sunken cities, giant eel dens, or mostly-dormant volcanic structures, and anytime they have to cross open ocean it's A Whole drat Thing (because of, you know, the spiders, or eels, or whatever), you can have swimming be the normal mode of locomation. Swimming could be fast and responsive and probably still work in that theme, since your struggle to navigate the environment slightly better than the oceanic threats around you can still drive tension.

Full disclosure: There's probably lots of cool games in this genre that I'm not even aware of because I have been broke as poo poo for years, and of the above games mentioned the only one I've personally played is Prey.