Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I wish my mom knew who Sonic was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Generations was surprisingly good, and chubby mute retro Sonic was adorable.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
my moms favorite game is twilight princess

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i remember in one of gamepro's april fools articles they ran the gag "bubonic the bullfrog" which is up there with "cellar door" in phonaesthetics

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

I wish my mom knew who Sonic was

My parents both played lots of SNES and Sega games but they couldn't handle the switch to 3D and they still complain about it

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Help Im Alive posted:

My parents both played lots of SNES and Sega games but they couldn't handle the switch to 3D and they still complain about it

I hope you told them 2D games made a comeback.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

F

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Help Im Alive posted:

This makes me kind of sad. There are a lot of 2D games they could play these days though

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

the delight in reading new food names i've never seen before and looking forward to trying them out followed by the crushing disappointment finding out that they're sweets and pastries

What, you got the beetus or something?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i just don't like sweet stuff. savory treats all the way baby.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

HBS announced they're finished with Battletech and moving on to non-robit IPs, rip for now

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

grieving for Gandalf posted:

there has not ever been a good Sonic game

sonic 1, 2, 3, knuckles and mania are all really good to fantastic and its also a rising line on a graph of the games getting better

homeless snail posted:

sonic 2 is Good, 3&knuckles is Fine, generations + mania are Okay

mania is the best one and 3&k is better than 2 and generations freaking stinks!!!!! like my posts!!!!!

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
The Mega Play version of Sonic 1 is pretty good. Mega Play was basically Sega's sort-of-equivalent of Nintendo's PlayChoice-10, featuring Sega Genesis/Mega Drive games that were modified for arcades. In Sonic 1's case, the game removes several stages (all of Marble Zone, all of Labyrinth Zone, and the third Scrap Brain Zone), the special stages, you can't get one-ups, and the timer counts down to zero, with each stage having different time limits. It makes for a pretty good arcade-y experience since it trims a lot of the slow-paced stage, and I find it to be a lot better than the console Sonic 1 as a result. It's on the Switch Sega Ages release of Sonic 1 as an extra.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Mercury Crusader posted:

The Mega Play version of Sonic 1 is pretty good. Mega Play was basically Sega's sort-of-equivalent of Nintendo's PlayChoice-10, featuring Sega Genesis/Mega Drive games that were modified for arcades. In Sonic 1's case, the game removes several stages (all of Marble Zone, all of Labyrinth Zone, and the third Scrap Brain Zone), the special stages, you can't get one-ups, and the timer counts down to zero, with each stage having different time limits. It makes for a pretty good arcade-y experience since it trims a lot of the slow-paced stage, and I find it to be a lot better than the console Sonic 1 as a result. It's on the Switch Sega Ages release of Sonic 1 as an extra.

:chloe:

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah that ended in the year 2000, 20 years ago...
That's five years after Calvin & Hobbes, yet that was still defining enough to matter for your choice of avatar.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

i just don't like sweet stuff. savory treats all the way baby.

Well let me tell you about medu vada, a lentil stuffed deep fried donut. loving delicious.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

al-azad posted:

Well let me tell you about medu vada, a lentil stuffed deep fried donut. loving delicious.

What level do I unlock this in Cook Serve Delicious 3

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i don't understand what people like about sonic cd, it's all of the worst elements of 2d sonic level design crammed into a dystopian nightmare

but i guess i also have no idea how people think 2 is better than 3+k

homeless snail posted:

good things about sonic cd

the intro
the soundtrack
that one part on the first level where you go up the loop and the camera turns

bad things about sonic cd

everything else

other good things: amy rose, metal sonic

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

homeless snail posted:

good things about sonic cd

the intro
the soundtrack
that one part on the first level where you go up the loop and the camera turns

bad things about sonic cd

everything else

Hey don't forget that it was pretty. A lot of the visual flourishes in Mania were taken from CD almost frame for frame. But yeah it's got serious issues, not least of which that it's a Sonic game where you can get lost in the stages.

a glitch posted:

I thought the rush games were pretty good :shobon: they are New Sonic as gently caress though.

I'll be real I never played those, they might be one of the secret good ones. Generations is very close to being a good game, it even makes stages from 06 seem fun, and i love all the song remixes and covers, but it's got just enough jank and annoying BS (that final boss, ugh) to fall into the mixed bag category for me.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

amy rose was unnecessary, sonic already had a girlfriend and his name was tails

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

homeless snail posted:

How soon we forget Madonna, Sonic’s blonde human girlfriend.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Dewgy posted:

How soon we forget Madonna, Sonic’s blonde human girlfriend.

I love that the only reason Madonna was nixed is that a single woman was on Sonic team and looked at her and said "WTF".

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I'm Sonic's girlfriend and I gobble that chilidog

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Relax Or DIE posted:

I'm Sonic's girlfriend and I gobble that chilidog

outside the tasty freeze

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
mods????

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Keeping on the theme, Division 2 is good now? I saw that it was on sale for $5, thinking about it
https://twitter.com/CanYouPetTheDog/status/1227312921774043137

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

wow, looks like they forgot to redesign tails when they did sonic

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

homeless snail posted:

wow, looks like they forgot to redesign tails when they did sonic

al-azad
May 28, 2009

RELEASE THE HEDGEHOG TEETH CUT!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

homeless snail posted:

i like her designs, and also playing as her both in official releases (f u mania) and rom hacks

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

cant wait for sonic the hedgehog uncut, where we finally get to see sonic's massive uncircumcised penis just as was originally intended

Weedle
May 31, 2006

homeless snail posted:

cant wait for sonic the hedgehog uncut, where we finally get to see sonic's massive uncircumcised penis just as was originally intended

now these are the uncut gems i was lookin for

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
he's called a hedgehog because he doesn't trim

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

cut my gems shaving the other day if you know what i mean lads

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

cut my gems shaving the other day if you know what i mean lads

i do not please explain

May 8, 2006

cowcaster cut his cowblaster

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
If you watch the Sonic movie Ken Penders will visit you in your sleep

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Mercury Crusader posted:

So it's like the evil version of Sonic 1 Easy Mode?

https://youtu.be/u-ef8SD9gUg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Relax Or DIE posted:

cowcaster cut his cowblaster

i think cowcaster still works in this instance