Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
I would really like the premium wheeled for frontlines, but not for 10k lol. Maybe if the bidding started at 3k I would put in a bid for 6.5k max to feel like I was getting a deal. They are just taking the piss now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

I'd be stunned if the sale price was anything under 15k gold. There are many many people who want this but don't want to pay actual cash, but will pay holiday box gold for it. 15k might even be too low.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Reading about this Black Market on PC (I play on console) I'm amazed that people were averaging over 50k gold for one re-skinned tank, WoT really does have the most lucrative whales.

Console is having its own hosed up event at the moment too - all premiums were advertised as being 50% off in-game for the 6 year console anniversary but were actually only giving people 30% off in reality. That's going to be a fun one for the support team to unpick.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
The whole point of the BM is to hoover up gold from the Christmas box whales, it's absolutely not to give anyone a good deal.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

last night it was just a straight up reskinned obj261. the description literally mocked you for spending gold on bushes and rubber mats lol

it seems like the idea is to monetize that thing where the people who have deleted tanks get to keep them. delete the good tanks and then use them to milk the whales lol

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
I mean I sit here all smug and all-knowing but I'm also the dickhead that bought 3 Type 59s back in the day, so, nobody is a winner here

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

OMGVBFLOL posted:

last night it was just a straight up reskinned obj261. the description literally mocked you for spending gold on bushes and rubber mats lol

it seems like the idea is to monetize that thing where the people who have deleted tanks get to keep them. delete the good tanks and then use them to milk the whales lol

It wasn't a reskinned 261. It was a 3d style for the 261. You still had to get the 261 the normal way.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

A few hours of clowning around in a platoon and that's ~50k total progress combined on the T-44 and BC-12t (reserves and x5 missions go some way to making this happen) because I don't want to be caught out like some sort of slow-witted idiot (like I was when the Foch 155 was swapped-out) once the T-62A and AMX 30 series finally end up shitcanned as """special""" vehicles in 2025 or whenever the gently caress these changes get booted onto the live server. I won't play 'em, but I want them sitting in my garage to collect virtual dust anyway.

I'm most definitely spending my time wisely in this loving game! :thumbsup:

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Might be an unpopular opinion but the Dynamic camera owns.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Katamari Democracy posted:

Might be an unpopular opinion but the Dynamic camera owns.

i dont remember what this is

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

BadLlama posted:

i dont remember what this is

Enable it and play tanks while aiming. Camera shakes when fired at and when shooting. Adds a couple of UI shakes and stuff to liven things up.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Katamari Democracy posted:

Enable it and play tanks while aiming. Camera shakes when fired at and when shooting. Adds a couple of UI shakes and stuff to liven things up.
All my tanks are equipped with camera/UI stabilisers to stop exactly this sort of thing from happening :colbert:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Oh gently caress off Wargaming.

I'm going to bed, holy poo poo this is loving awful. This whole BM event was garbage.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I can't remember the last time I played anything lower than tier 4.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Mesadoram posted:

Oh gently caress off Wargaming.

I'm going to bed, holy poo poo this is loving awful. This whole BM event was garbage.

3 barrels!

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

:laffo:
The BT-SV? Really?! For 10m credits! This is going to result in some very disappointed customers when they discover the reputation of the BT-SV is several years out of date.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Time to dust this back off. Thanks, Serb.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Why is the VK30.01H a Medium Tank? Why is the VK30.01P a Heavy Tank?

You've got it the other way around, and don't get me started on the VK3001H; it used to be an awesome tier 6 MT, then they poo poo all over it.

Sparq posted:

I really liked the little historical touches at the lower tiers, it's a shame to see so many little shitboxes withdrawn from the Tech Tree even if they will be buyable later. I dislike the withdrawal of the T-26 the most, such a massively produced and used tank should not be sidelined.

I was thinking about it some more, and it's definitely a good idea for them to remove the one-off low tiers that just seem to be thrown in (like in Italy and the extra tier 2 in France, or the 3 tier 4 German TDs, or the two pairs of low-tier SPGs,) or the one-off class-bridging vehicles (like the KV-13 and two of the HTs in the middle of the tree that precede it, and do we really need the KV-2 to be thrown in just to lead to the S51 just to get into the SPG branch from the side?) I'd actually be OK with them leaving multiple low-tier stems, though, to give new players an actual choice down a single branch, especially at those lower tiers that don't need much of a time commitment anyway. The extra low tiers in Japan and France are unnecessary, but are fine and generally playable, just like the Firefly stem. The low-tiers in the German tree in particular are kind of fine, especially since they're mostly historical, but the tanks look cluttered because of how they're arranged; they'd be fine if they were more like the Soviet tree, with more direct paths down a branch and especially with less side/diagonal paths crossing into different branches. Also, the Christie tanks could be added as a fun stem because they were all going to be low-tier anyway.

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

Well that BM was a joke. Who is ready for clan wars? I’m betting they gently caress it up for the NA server.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

bres0048 posted:

Well that BM was a joke. Who is ready for clan wars? I’m betting they gently caress it up for the NA server.

god i hope not, its the only reason i've been playing this year it feels like is just a cw waiting room (but i know they probably will)

clan battles are toxic i hate it, everyone is always looking for a reason to blame someone rather than just accepting a win or loss, yeah people even find something to complain about even when winning seemingly no matter what clan you're in that's capable of winning some

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Feb 12, 2020

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

I think my favorite part of this game is frontlines. I wish it was always available. It just seems more engaging. This will be my first shot at clan wars. I expect it’s going to be a dumpster fire. Just happy to finally start seeing my stats in the green and blue.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Atomizer posted:

You've got it the other way around, and don't get me started on the VK3001H; it used to be an awesome tier 6 MT, then they poo poo all over it.
I mean on the SB. Behold:

The sandbox "New Balance" test has swapped their roles for whatever reason. Other changes include the T54E1 becoming a HT (which makes sense?), and the Crusader being reverted to a LT (good!) but also being uptiered (loving stupid, because a 6-pdr is no good at Tier VI).

As for moving so many low-tiers over to a "special" section for separate purchase, I understand that it was getting incredibly cluttered in some trees but they've really over-simplified it now. One really lovely thing though is how anything from Tier VI onward which has been removed from the main tree is gong to be some sort of semi-premium/reward vehicle. Call me a cynic but this has the unmistakable stench of what's sadly become a standard practice; just look at this greedy loving horseshit:

All that time spent getting experience for modules on former tech-tree tanks at Tier VI is now undone by removing said modules (leaving them in "ToP cOnFiG", despite nobody with two brain cells to rub together considering the second turret and 76mm M1A2 anywhere close to "top config" on the Sherman Jumbo), throwing a load of points worth the value of those modules at the tank, then locking said points behind the usual conversion bullshit. Just to get their point across, these vehicles apparently have listed gold values now too!

https://i.imgur.com/HuwNoRq.mp4
That's not ripe for easy monetisation at all!

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

I mean on the SB. Behold:

The sandbox "New Balance" test has swapped their roles for whatever reason. Other changes include the T54E1 becoming a HT (which makes sense?)

Not sure why it was a medium to begin with. But this is a fan-loving-tastic buff if they kept it's speed and changed the pen.

https://i.imgur.com/HuwNoRq.mp4
That's not ripe for easy monetisation at all!

https://youtu.be/eBhh23-paLU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

WGing making decisions with longterm impact without fully thinking things through, why i have never

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
When are they yanking the vehicles anyways?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

im loving mad about tankes

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!
New Thread title plz:

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Also, this some BULLSHIT. I want my frontlines all year, I don't want any battle royale in my life.

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/game-modes/expedition-2020/

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Crazyeyes24 posted:

New Thread title plz:

Also, this some BULLSHIT. I want my frontlines all year, I don't want any battle royale in my life.

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/game-modes/expedition-2020/

AE is a known, but the other two look into. Especially the French one.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
The Obj777 looks like a slightly more survivable T-10.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

hell yeah frontlines owns. can't wait for "the first half of 2020"

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The Obj777 looks like a slightly more survivable T-10.

Mmm, doesn't seem worth it then.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Crazyeyes24 posted:

Same but at the same time, I grinded through all of the BR ranks in one single day when it came out, so hopefully when that does drop you can just burn through it quickly.

I hope the xp in frontlines to rank up has been adjusted to not be such a pain in the dick.

I also hope the modes last longer than a loving week at a time.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Mesadoram posted:

Mmm, doesn't seem worth it then.

"Subject to change."

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BIG HEADLINE posted:

"Subject to change."

Russian heavy tanks are probably the best I play with, but I have a soft spot for the French mediums. And at a quick glance, that looks like a medium wheeled tank. I could be wrong, but if it is that, it will be a loving wild tank.

Just to reiterate again, the T54E1 becoming a heavy is both amazing and terrifying. That tank can loving DUMP damage, now imagine that with shells that can actually pen and more HP.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Mesadoram posted:

Just to reiterate again, the T54E1 becoming a heavy is both amazing and terrifying. That tank can loving DUMP damage, now imagine that with shells that can actually pen and more HP.

Are they actually changing the PEN value on the shell?

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!

BadLlama posted:

Are they actually changing the PEN value on the shell?

Word on the street is that it got some pen buffs in the test server.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Niceeee

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Crazyeyes24 posted:

Word on the street is that it got some pen buffs in the test server.

Yeah, you could say that :v:

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Yeah, you could say that :v:

Wasn't it a Heavy when it first came out as well?

Also the T-10 I hated when I first got it, but now have like 3 Mastery Ace Tanker badges in the drat thing and a few 4000+ dmg games because for some reason it is a fantastic tank when you drive it like a bigger medium.

If the 777 is anything close to it I will want it very much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

OMGVBFLOL posted:

:hmmyes: frontlines being reduced down to a couple months instead of what was last year was some sad news indeed. I don't think I was really doing steel hunter because I was grinding tanks to get to tier 9/10 or something.

Speaking of grinding tanks I have been playing solo in my EBR 90 and it is an enjoyable experience. Learned today the EBR's wheels can deflect shots and not damage the tank itself; played a game where I was zig zagging away after six sense popped and a Foch hit my rear tire four times and not damaged my tank. Made an audible surprised tone on discord and felt silly not knowing about that. I love being that annoying fly that bypass enemy tanks with terrible turret speed and go straight to arty blasting them with HE shells, get 4k spotting, then bursting into flames as I pissed off the hornet's nest. But thats ok because now that all eyes were on me my team mates stopped sniffing glue and pushes forward.

It's great.