Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

We're getting a demo for the remake, looks like.

https://www.siliconera.com/trials-of-mana-demo-discovered-on-playstation-store-database/

this totally isn't an excuse to bump this doomed thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Switch demo when tho.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i don't think that's going to get leaked on psn

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

You picked a good time to bump the thread because this bad boy came in today.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Oh poo poo, I need that in my life if just for Legend, even if SD3/Trials is my favorite

Also

Alxprit posted:

Switch demo when tho.
This game is Switch Only

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Trials of Mana remake is coming to Switch/PS4/Steam.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Oh snap, the back card thing has this on the back. Gonna definitely frame this.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

i'm trying not to think about it because it's in the mail still

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Detective No. 27 posted:

Trials of Mana remake is coming to Switch/PS4/Steam.
Sorry, I meant that I, personally, will only buy Trials on Switch

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Ah, yeah. Me too.

Maybe on Steam too if there's a crazy sale a few years from now.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
If 4K looks pretty nice I'll take the plunge, but Switch Densetsu 3 is a day one purchase

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I am still awaiting the day when they announce the Switch port of the best Mana game, Legend of Mana

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I bought Tales of Vesperia DE on PS4 instead of Switch for the trophies and slightly better graphics and tbh I regret it, my wife complains when I take over the TV to play it. So I will definitely be purchasing Trials on Switch.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Detective No. 27 posted:

poo poo, this made me buy a copy.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I got the art book too, it’s real nice. Also got to learn that Kevin’s design is basically evil Goku

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Any UK buyers, WH Smiths is bafflingly cheap at 27 quid for the book plus free delivery

Might be a preorder bonus though, which could go

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

god drat the art book is tall as hell

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

i know im alittle late here but HOLY poo poo SD3 REMAKE i had no idea this was even happening im hyped as hell.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

ASenileAnimal posted:

i know im alittle late here but HOLY poo poo SD3 REMAKE i had no idea this was even happening im hyped as hell.

You’re lucky, the rest of us have been waiting since June you only have to wait like two months.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

ASenileAnimal posted:

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

You’re lucky, the rest of us have been waiting since June you only have to wait like two months.

The Nintendo 2019 E3 really was hype... :allears:

Of course, I bought the Collection of Mana so that helped stave off the pain.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Folt The Bolt posted:

The Nintendo 2019 E3 really was hype... :allears:

"Hmm this music, isn't this Mana? Does this mean we're finally getting the Mana Collection brought overseas? Wow so we're finally gonna have SD3 officially in English, that's pretty cooWAIT IS THAT DURAN IN 3D WHAT'S GOING ON :supaburn: :supaburn: :supaburn: AAAAAAA"

To think that was barely half a year ago :allears:

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Super Jay Mann posted:

"Hmm this music, isn't this Mana? Does this mean we're finally getting the Mana Collection brought overseas? Wow so we're finally gonna have SD3 officially in English, that's pretty cooWAIT IS THAT DURAN IN 3D WHAT'S GOING ON :supaburn: :supaburn: :supaburn: AAAAAAA"

To think that was barely half a year ago :allears:

"Holy poo poo! This is a remake! And it looks... good! :eyepop:"

Folt The Bolt fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Feb 14, 2020

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Of all the things I never expected from Square, an official English translation of Seiken Densetsu 3 was so unexpected it wasn't even on the goddamn list. Then there's the remake, and the collection came out later that day. Blew my goddamn mind.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

And a complete remake too, not like "slap a lovely sprite filter over the SNES version and call it a day".

I'm extremely excited for this.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Most important thing: It does not look like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21EWY94yNxs

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I'm hyped for Trials of Mana remake :unsmith:

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Scrublord Prime posted:

I'm hyped for Trials of Mana remake

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Scrublord Prime posted:

I'm hyped for Trials of Mana remake :unsmith:

:same:

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

i hope they redo the magic attacks in the sd3 remake i remember it being kinda slow paced on the snes version and i dont have the patience to sit through long spell animations anymore. my goto crew was kevin/hawkeye/whoever can cast saber spells. that combo abolutely melted every boss.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

ASenileAnimal posted:

i hope they redo the magic attacks in the sd3 remake i remember it being kinda slow paced on the snes version and i dont have the patience to sit through long spell animations anymore. my goto crew was kevin/hawkeye/whoever can cast saber spells. that combo abolutely melted every boss.

The issue with spells was how you had to cast them from the menu every time. The game desperately needs quick commands, and it needs to be implemented better than SoM remaster.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

the interview at the end of the art book almost makes it sound like the original snes cd version of som was just chrono trigger/made into chrono trigger

Phantasium fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Feb 15, 2020

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Yeah pretty much. A bunch of cut stuff were recycled into chrono trigger in some way

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

The issue with spells was how you had to cast them from the menu every time. The game desperately needs quick commands, and it needs to be implemented better than SoM remaster.

Menu and it pausing while you cast both sucked, they really did.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Allarion posted:

Yeah pretty much. A bunch of cut stuff were recycled into chrono trigger in some way

It's still sad how the later part of the game is clearly unfinished :smith:

Speaking of Secret of Mana: isn't there a spot in the game where you can get infinite orbs for a weapon?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
This blog has some neat speculation and looking back on Secret of Mana if anyone's curious.

https://manaredux.blogspot.com

But yeah, there's obviously a lot more world map than we actually explore, as well as the last act rush.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Allarion posted:

This blog has some neat speculation and looking back on Secret of Mana if anyone's curious.

https://manaredux.blogspot.com

But yeah, there's obviously a lot more world map than we actually explore, as well as the last act rush.

This is a cool blog.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Bunch of news about new stuff they're doing with the game.

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/02/trials-of-mana-details-growth-system-abilities-appearance-changes-seeds-and-more

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Good, I can keep people in their base outfits if their higher tier outfits suck.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

These changes looks so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'm excited that Trials is a full remake that might actually fix some of the dated gameplay mechanics, though I'm still worried about the ??? and Rainbow seeds still being a mechanic.

Also I've been replaying Legend of Mana and learned that the Flowering teleporters in certain areas (in my case it was the Jungle) will fail if you bring Niccolo along because "Earthly thoughts" are distracting the Flowerling, something that isn't a problem with other NPCs. Always something new to learn with this game!