Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

hell even Sammy Sosa got in on it

Hahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/Lucas_Shaw/status/1227284688999342080

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Joe Crowley is back on his bullshit

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

the first fruits of spotify owning the ringer

https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/1227638466151714817

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

That is the whitest loving thing I've seen in quite a while.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

A podcast for people who love La La Land and High Fidelity

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

DJExile posted:

That is the whitest loving thing I've seen in quite a while.

um there were two black people in the video how dare you.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

I guess I hadn't thought about it much, but I would be very happy for a podcast with the ability to play songs, or more than just short clips of songs, while discussing things related to music.

Just not that podcast, or any other podcast that is "thinking about music, even when not playing" and then name drop Steely Dan, Black Sabbath and Radiohead.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Voodoofly posted:

I guess I hadn't thought about it much, but I would be very happy for a podcast with the ability to play songs, or more than just short clips of songs, while discussing things related to music.

Just not that podcast, or any other podcast that is "thinking about music, even when not playing" and then name drop Steely Dan, Black Sabbath and Radiohead.

So Joe buddens podcast?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Chris Ryan and Chuck Klosterman talking vaguely about vibes for 32 minutes every two weeks, that $250 million already paying off

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Voodoofly posted:

the royalties are a huge problem i hear

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

ah yes, chuck klosterman, the bill simmons of music journalism

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Declan MacManus posted:

I'm trying to decide who this insults more.

Also: I'm not a usually a fan of paywalled podcasts, but I heartily approve of Spotify making Chuck Kolsterman's work as hard to access as possible.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Vertical Lime posted:

I assume they would be. I stopped dealing with licensing agreements for radio well before podcasts were a thing, but I can only imagine what it must be like to have a for profit broadcast license with no limits on area coverage.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I’ll say it loud and proud. I like Chuck Klosterman.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Vertical Lime posted:

In general though I'd think Spotify would be uniquely suited to work something out.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I like Chris Ryan. I might listen to this. Easier to keep up with than The Watch, which demands you are up to date on every serial produced by HBO, Netflix and Amazon.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

going to listen to the music podcast that is seemingly about nothing that uses CIA mind altering techniques and suggestions to unconsciously make my mind more susceptible to the next billie ellish.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

AndrewP posted:

I like Chris Ryan. I might listen to this. Easier to keep up with than The Watch, which demands you are up to date on every serial produced by HBO, Netflix and Amazon.

Except when Greenwald is actually on, since he basically doesn’t watch TV or movies now. Then it’s just inside baseball stuff about the newest streaming service.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

soggybagel posted:

I’ll say it loud and proud. I like Chuck Klosterman.

Liking Chuck is definitely one of my more embarrassing opinions.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I haven't read much of his work overall but I really like a few of his essays.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Declan MacManus posted:

oh god this, this is the take I was looking for

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I hope they can use some of their Spotify moola and bring Wesley Morris back into the fold. He was always the best of Grantland pop culture gang, and I feel like the New York Times has just kind of buried him.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Finally, Bill Simmons has enough money to produce his true dream project: a shot for shot remake of Roadhouse with him in the Swayze role.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

hcreight posted:

Finally, Bill Simmons has enough money to produce his true dream project: a shot for shot remake of Roadhouse with him in the Swayze role.

He'd demand it go straight to midday USA for max rewatchability.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Nah, it'd be a remake of High Fidelity but all the flashbacks are him watching a stripper blow his friend Sal

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

hcreight posted:

With Robert Horry as the blind musician and Tom Brady as Wade

morestuff posted:

Nah, it'd be a remake of High Fidelity but all the flashbacks are him watching a stripper blow his friend Sal

What

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Feb 13, 2020

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

hcreight posted:

if you say you wouldn’t watch this you’re a loving liar

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Jon Bois has a new podcast! He covers a topic near and dear to all of our hearts:

https://twitter.com/jon_bois/status/1228076546474356736

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

PotatoJudge posted:

Jon Bois has a new podcast! He covers a topic near and dear to all of our hearts:

He is the goddamn GOAT

https://twitter.com/jon_bois/status/1227448209015963651

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

hcreight posted:

It'd be White Men Can't Jump.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

PotatoJudge posted:

bless him

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

PotatoJudge posted:

I watched about 30 seconds in full screen.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

PotatoJudge posted:

I'd recommend listening at 1.5 speed. He needs an editor.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Nah, seemed ok. It's not the best daily podcast of Wheat Futures but it's pretty solid for episode 1.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

The first episode of...pretty much anything isn't going to be a highly-polished product.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

General Dog posted:

I hope they can use some of their Spotify moola and bring Wesley Morris back into the fold. He was always the best of Grantland pop culture gang, and I feel like the New York Times has just kind of buried him.

He’s a critic at large for the New York Times. And still does his own podcast on their intermittently. I’m guessing critic at large for NYTimes is a lot more desirable position.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

soggybagel posted:

He’s a critic at large for the New York Times. And still does his own podcast on their intermittently. I’m guessing critic at large for NYTimes is a lot more desirable position.

Yeah, I'm sure he doesn't miss reviewing stuff like Jumanji: The Next Level

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

morestuff posted:

Yeah, I'm sure he doesn't miss reviewing stuff like Jumanji: The Next Level

I'm sure he doesn't; I just miss reading his reviews of stuff like Magic Mike: XXL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

General Dog posted:

I'm sure he doesn't; I just miss reading his reviews of stuff like Magic Mike: XXL

Oh I'd kill for him to go back to regular reviews, he was the only guy I made a point of reading each week. I just don't see why he'd ever want to