Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

shoutout to my dad telling every tradie that he has an engineering degree so they know he is a Real Man and not some business bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
firing a gun outside a dope farm once every hour to scare away local junkies

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

NVJ is the cash room manager at Belconnen McDonald's

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Isaac posted:

I wonder what kind of firearm license. I imagine itd have to be a pistol license which I think is a long process

It's a piece of piss for security etc.
Just hard for us punters.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Caesar Saladin posted:

shoutout to my dad telling every tradie that he has an engineering degree so they know he is a Real Man and not some business bitch

Lol every engineer I know does this.

Also same for tradies who are off the tools doing estimating or project management

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

You can’t just say you’re a tradie if you aren’t walking around with a Stanley knife 100% of the time you’re awake and you’ll look like an idiot if you do and someone asks to borrow it and you’ve just got a dumb multi tool or some poo poo

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

If I need a pair of pliers and you hand me a multi tool with the pliers out I’m gonna try as hard as I can to gently caress them within the parameters of the job bc gently caress you

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Sorry that wasn’t meant to happen I just left my phone unlocked at my 72 yo neighbours house and he just went on a poo poo posting tear

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo
my stepdad will bring up his engineering background to almost anyone. a guy came to clean the carpets once and he was like "yeah I used to work on the mines" (30 years ago)

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

hambeet posted:

Lol every engineer I know does this.

Also same for tradies who are off the tools doing estimating or project management

My dad never even worked as an engineer though, he was always management suit guy. I think it's put a chip on his shoulder which is funny. My dad also loves to say he worked mines 30 years ago lmao.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Caesar Saladin posted:

My dad never even worked as an engineer though, he was always management suit guy. I think it's put a chip on his shoulder which is funny. My dad also loves to say he worked mines 30 years ago lmao.

Most of the senior management at current work are all qualified engineers but have literally never worked a day in their life as actual engineers.

When I had my exit interview yesterday they were saying it's a shame to see someone with such a high technical skill level go and I just thought to myself "dude I took this job because I needed a job, not because I wanted it" lmao

But yeh I know a few engineers who end up in suit roles and I know how I feel about em so probably fair that they do have a chip on their shoulder lol

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

any time I am talking to a band after a show I always mention how I used to be in a band.

its a crime not to really.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Galahs for Loli
There's a juvenile around somewhere.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

tardwrangler posted:

Galahs for Loli

Awww

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Laserface posted:

any time I am talking to a band after a show I always mention how I used to be in a band.

its a crime not to really.

It really is tbh

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

tardwrangler posted:

Galahs for Loli

Galahs and Major Mitchell Cockatoos are grouse.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Laserface posted:

Galahs and Major Mitchell Cockatoos are grouse.

Except when they fly around your neighbourhood for a few hours at dusk screeching

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It's been 80% humidity in Melbourne for days now.
gently caress this garbage, I didn't sign up for this

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.reddit.com/r/canberra/comments/f2jzsl/giraffe_on_the_way_to_braidwood/

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I was never in a band so I just tell them about all the people in bands I’ve had sex with

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I was in a very competitive high school jazz band but that's not what people want to hear when they talk about bands

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1227408711204974593

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Fuuuuuck that big bash smash commercial just worked on me. Carton of VB, some The Prodigy on the speakers and some big bash smash we're in for a ripper afternoon.

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

Nvj works in the props department at the ABC coming up with things to make out of pipe cleaners and cardboard tubes on Playschool

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

trying as hard as I can to get my mayor to block me on twitter

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

no blue checkmark having motherfucker

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
I'm currently watching a super unprofessional boomer teacher drive themselves towards forced retirement in a fairly quick fashion. I'd love to add more fuel to the fire but I don't want to have my professional conduct callled into question if I say the wrong thing and they seem to be doing a fine job of destorying and shred of their reputation in the process. I'll be amazed if they last beyond the end of this term.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

tardwrangler posted:

Ah, mould season.... its been a while.

It's been ruining my books

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Visible Stink posted:

Nvj works in the props department at the ABC coming up with things to make out of pipe cleaners and cardboard tubes on Playschool

I legit had to do the

"Water soluble marker on filter paper" experiment at work the other day, was grand

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Visible Stink posted:

Have to seen the masterpieces they have made out of sculpted corrugated cardboard on Giggle&Hoot?

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

I'm currently watching a super unprofessional boomer teacher drive themselves towards forced retirement in a fairly quick fashion. I'd love to add more fuel to the fire but I don't want to have my professional conduct callled into question if I say the wrong thing and they seem to be doing a fine job of destorying and shred of their reputation in the process. I'll be amazed if they last beyond the end of this term.

We had one start to go down that path last year. She is on very thin ice this year and may be transferred out to another school.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Brother in law’s dinner tonight is maybe the most single guy thing I’ve seen since I was a teenager

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

As a millennial I sometimes worry I’ve been trapped in a state of emotional stasis somewhere since 19 well into my 30s and then I look at that and realise i could be doing so much worse

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNZkJ7jiRIg

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Getting absolutely martin shrekli'd on margarita i got from my mates wedding a couple weeks ago. It's so strong. Everyone got completely hosed up on it

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Holy poo poo.
Also, I miss John Safran vs God.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
I miss Des Mangan

ili
Jul 26, 2003

I miss NVJ

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Poured half a bottle of scotch onto my cold symptoms last night and results are pending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I've been having a rough week as on Tuesday night my boy Scoops fell from the window our second story apartment. We don't know if he landed on dirt or concrete but he was not fine and needed to be rushed to the emergency vet immediately.

After many x-rays and scans it's been reported that he's suffered no broken bones, fractures or damage to his internal organs but is still in a lot of pain and spinal or nerve complications aren't ruled out. I went to visit him last night and had a good ugly cry but my loving and curious boy is still there, even when hopped up on methodone.

https://i.imgur.com/rxXW7FT.mp4

He's coming back home this morning, still unable to walk but trying it out more, and I'm taking tomorrow off work so I can keep a close eye on him while my wife's at work. I've never felt so bad about anything else in my life and want by little boy back to his annoying, loud and curious self.

Megabound fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Feb 12, 2020