Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

whoop my little rear end tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yo despite it being from a non-horror title made in the mid-90's on the SNES I genuinely believe Lavos is the most terrifying video game boss ever conceived, don't @ me

That loving SOUND AAAAAAGH.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yo despite it being from a non-horror title made in the mid-90's on the SNES I genuinely believe Lavos is the most terrifying video game boss ever conceived, don't @ me

That loving SOUND AAAAAAGH.

I'm replaying Chrono Trigger right now actually so :respek:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

NienNunb posted:

I'm replaying Chrono Trigger right now actually so :respek:

Would you agree Lavos is loving terrifying because I just :gonk:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Would you agree Lavos is loving terrifying because I just :gonk:

Oh yeah absolutely, he's a vision of hell. Scarier than Kefka, not as scary as Gigygas.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Fangs out Yang's out. Who does Jericho pivot to now?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yang actually comes back if you go find him in the underground world.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Lavos is scary until you break into him and ooops, DBZ villain inside.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
While trying to find a gif of Takeshi Morishina's Amaze Impact i found this thread dedicated to him and holy poo poo there are people in this forum who missed that time where a literal baby was the scariest and best wrestler in the world. That he collapsed and isnt in NJPW continuing to have matches with Shingo is sad. I forgot how great his lariats were.

If you missed Morishima and only know him from being that random guy who won champion of the year alongside Edge please read this thread.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MengsMullet/status/1162163601844707332

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Lid posted:

While trying to find a gif of Takeshi Morishina's Amaze Impact i found this thread dedicated to him and holy poo poo there are people in this forum who missed that time where a literal baby was the scariest and best wrestler in the world. That he collapsed and isnt in NJPW continuing to have matches with Shingo is sad. I forgot how great his lariats were.

If you missed Morishima and only know him from being that random guy who won champion of the year alongside Edge please read this thread.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MengsMullet/status/1162163601844707332

Terry Gordy's large Japanese son was so very good.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

NienNunb posted:

Go watch Memories Of Murder, it's a great crime mystery from our beautiful boy Bong, starring our boy's boy Song Kang-ho. It's in the canon of cop movies that are absolutely anti-cop, alongside Heat and Robocop. I heard a vague rumor that it's on YouTube complete with subtitles, but that's only a rumor.

Chris James 2 posted:

nthing both of these recommendations. Says a lot about Bong Joon-Ho that Parasite, as good as it is, might only be my third-fav film of his

GOOD NEWS. My fav one

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1227435625168568320?s=19

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

coconono posted:

and people say I talk crazy. Nah seriously, it'd be fuckin cool but we gotta decommercialize our art or otherwise it'll be Treats From Your Corporate Masters forever and ever.

Me I'm just trying to extract a little joy. Which I've managed to do with Disco, despite the mirror universe arc in season 1 being pure dogshit. They managed to wrap it up in a pretty trek like fashion.

I just can't enjoy the new Star Trek stuff because it just doesn't feel like what I enjoyed from Star Trek which was mostly self-contained episode an optimistic Humanity's future where most issues were talked out

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I can't enjoy it because I can't comprehend why they're constantly making prequels that then immediately start loving with the timeline and then adding higher technology than in TNG. There's instantly super transporters and magical Q-tip drives and they're back to loving holograms or whatever. And then re-writing whatever commonly held assumptions people have about the canon or loving time up. Just make a loving sequel. Make something new. Don't pander to my nostalgia by making GBS threads on the klingons, rubbing it a little and then going "they look like this now"

And that might sound like I'm having a brain issue but if the core concept of your narrative is exploring the origins of the federation or whatever horseshit then immediately dumping the plot into an alternate timeline of gummi bear hyper tech it either means you're a liar or you're a lovely writer and a liar.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
new things cant exist. its all 'remember THIS?!?" from now until the end of time.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Spiderdrake posted:

it either means you're a liar or you're a lovely writer and a liar.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Hyped about the Bern y’all

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Captain Magic posted:

Hyped about the Bern y’all

Bernie's going to win and he's going to nationalize WWE.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ChrisBTY posted:

Lavos is scary until you break into him and ooops, DBZ villain inside.

Nah. Phase 2 Lavos, not scary. Phases 1 and 3? Horrifying.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Spiderdrake posted:

I can't enjoy it because I can't comprehend why they're constantly making prequels that then immediately start loving with the timeline and then adding higher technology than in TNG. There's instantly super transporters and magical Q-tip drives and they're back to loving holograms or whatever. And then re-writing whatever commonly held assumptions people have about the canon or loving time up. Just make a loving sequel. Make something new. Don't pander to my nostalgia by making GBS threads on the klingons, rubbing it a little and then going "they look like this now"

And that might sound like I'm having a brain issue but if the core concept of your narrative is exploring the origins of the federation or whatever horseshit then immediately dumping the plot into an alternate timeline of gummi bear hyper tech it either means you're a liar or you're a lovely writer and a liar.

Yeah disco takes a lot of liberties with the accepted timeline and they’ve never really explained what’s up with the Klingons. I know the FASA source material makes brief mentions of Klingon chimerical stuff but this is a lot to explain.

Watching your fav churned into prestige tv madlibs, hell yeah.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

im watching histoire(s) du cinema cause im a fuckig idiot from hell

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

coconono posted:

midway season 1. The tonal shift stuff from gritty moralistic sci fi show to LETS DO A FASCISM was extremely abrupt and not appreciated.

Not to mention, yet again(chronologically the first time), Starfleet's most prized possession is compromised because the admiralty is a bunch of crazy people.

oh goddammit we were warned

https://twitter.com/PulpLibrarian/status/1227239478411972611

Discovery was pretty bad yeah. Like, Picard is somewhat redeemable in how it's gone so far in my opinion but Discovery was just "gently caress this optimistic bullshit that this whole series basically is meant to do."

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

there she is

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also I went to see The Last Jedi with co-workers at my last school (all American women, I was the lone guy) and it helped me realize A) how much I hate loud people at the movie theater B) why I never really enjoyed Star Wars and C) that I didn't want to stay at that job. This was one month into my 12 month contract. It was a long rough year.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

women be talkin

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It was more like being in a theater with 5 "Woo girls" who had to let each other know how hilarious X or Y quip was every five seconds. It was death.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I just got a nice little lecture from one of my customers for not checking my e-mail or checking my cell phone when I'm off the clock.

"So even though there was an e-mail with 'Time Sensitive Issue' in your Inbox, you don't check your e-mail? And you don't have your name on your voice mail greeting? Is this a new policy that's changed in the 14 years I've been here?"

I barely managed to bite my tongue and not ask her to authorize my overtime in that case.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

CobiWann posted:

I just got a nice little lecture from one of my customers for not checking my e-mail or checking my cell phone when I'm off the clock.

"So even though there was an e-mail with 'Time Sensitive Issue' in your Inbox, you don't check your e-mail? And you don't have your name on your voice mail greeting? Is this a new policy that's changed in the 14 years I've been here?"

I barely managed to bite my tongue and not ask her to authorize my overtime in that case.

you'd get in super trouble if you said "...are we loving?"

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

coconono posted:

you'd get in super trouble if you said "...are we loving?"

...you know that feeling when you know you shouldn't say something but now you desperately want to say it?

Hang you, coconono.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

CobiWann posted:

...you know that feeling when you know you shouldn't say something but now you desperately want to say it?

Hang you, coconono.

In my defense this particular customer would call me drunk as poo poo wanting to talk about whatever and his company was getting mad at me for invoicing them at weekend rates. So the one time I don't take his call Its A Big Thing.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I like my teaching job pretty well but we don't hire an on-staff sub and so whenever someone is sick, we rotate sub duties. Today is my day; this poo poo makes me really tired. I just want to be in my rooooom

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Can anyone explain what my avatar means

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

GIS says it's Marie Antoinette? Have you been talking about cake? Complaining about being misquoted?

Fighting with leftists that jerk off to the guillotine since they actually don't know anything about the French Revolution?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

"Let them eat cake" is the traditional translation of the French phrase "Qu'ils mangent de la brioche", supposedly spoken in the 17th or 18th century by "a great princess" upon learning that the peasants had no bread. This phrase is more accurately translated as "Let them eat brioche", as the original French phrase contains no mention of cake (gāteau). Brioche, a bread enriched with butter and eggs, was considered at the time to be a luxury food. The quotation in context would thus reflect either the princess's disregard for the peasants or her poor understanding of their situation if not both.

While the phrase is commonly attributed to Queen Marie Antoinette, there is no reliable record of her having said it.

Your name is Eat My Fuc, and your custom text is meant to say Let them eat my fuc. It does not say that but is close enough. The reason why my post is copied from Wikipedia is because of them copying my personal notepad files.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

look I don't jerk off to my guillotine but sometimes I give it a little kiss and say "soon, sooooon" very quietly.

in reality, guillotine justice is not sustainable but it'd be nice to roll out as a treat here and there.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

poo poo that avatar owns, thanks for explaining Cavauro

coconono posted:

in reality, guillotine justice is not sustainable but it'd be nice to roll out as a treat here and there.
It's a symbol of a failure, a revolution gone off the rails.

And the guillotine is too good for those who trade in human suffering for a little coin. The rich should be burnt and mutilated. They should fear their death. The image of their predecessors should shake them to the core.

Spiderdrake fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Feb 12, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I thought about it some and the text probably does not contain a mistake as I may have led you to believe from Wikipedia. It doesn't necessarily have to say EMF to be relevant and I should not have implied that. Some would even say it would be too on the nose if it were different.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Well I learned something today so let me eat fuc I guess

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

shes so pretty

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The new pic certainly brightened up the place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That's a nice avatar :)

Also Kristen Dunst is loving incredible in Fargo Season 2, which is loving incredible itself, and Fargo season 4 also looks loving incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4ISTHi45_s