Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

V. Illych L. posted:

i admire them! they dare be as ridiculous as they are, and it's working for them because a great many of us from that generation (myself included) have this weird ennui which they channel honestly and without attempting to disguise it. i personally try to put a straight face on it, but i feel it too, amidst the rotting remnants of my country's great triumphs.

the thing is, the cringe is a part of the package - sometimes they'll go for a joke and it will just bomb spectacularly, and that is part of the appeal because it's so intensely relatable

it really was funny when they mentioned the "Daily Show listening Obama Boys" articles from 2008 because god drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

V. Illych L. posted:

isn't part of chapo's appeal that they're really just a bunch of weirdo dorks who sit around ranting about politics though

a lot of what they do is really awkward, but everybody knows someone like these people, the chapo core audience of thirty-ish-year-old downwardly socially mobile slackers listens to them in no small part thanks to this somewhat pathetic earnestness imo

the venn diagram of the chapo audience and cspam posters looks like a lemon

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
a lot of their interviews suck, but some of them are very good: war nerd, zizek, adam curtis all stand out. it's usually a mix bag with the show

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Will is a good boy. You can tell he really feels that he has to personally do everything possible to help Bernie win, even if that means slight debasement and apologies.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
i held off on the snake thing even though i really wanted to because i knew it was gonna come down to this

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
the pod save boys are bending the knee

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Finicums Wake posted:

the pod save boys are bending the knee

this trump budget scares them according to their twitters. even paul begala was contrasting cutting and expanding medicare as how to win over trump voters

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

The Jacques Maritain ep with GetFiscal and BabyFinland was good

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

V. Illych L. posted:

thirty-ish-year-old downwardly socially mobile slackers

hey, i chose to quit by calling my boss an idiot thank u very much

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

hell yeah trueanon guesting on the chapo san fran show, chapo guesting on the trueanon NYC show, cultural exchange baby

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Why was Matt doing a Captain Hook style laugh in the live show?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
His sanity slowly being worn away by having to force his laughs for showmanship.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Maximo Roboto posted:

The Jacques Maritain ep with GetFiscal and BabyFinland was good

this... this just sounds like their podcast though :thunk:

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Episode had a good version of Solidarity Forever and Loved Amber mentioning that there were radlibs wanting “more women” but wanting her on. As a women, voice as she doesn’t put up with their poo poo.

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

https://mobile.twitter.com/virgiltexas/status/1227314133563052035 big diggler energy

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

he just said that warren is going to drop out within a week

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
virgil's on twitch right now

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Her strongest position is to drop out and support someone now. Eating poo poo in MA on Super Tuesday would be a humiliating end.

Succbot Circlejerk
Jan 8, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thanks, irony poisoned sarcastic dryboys and your leader "wide dick will" for bending reality to your nefarious ends. Your dabbles in dark tabletop magick have felled an illuminary intellectual of our times, who currently lay debilitated in some back alley quacks office in Russia. I hope you're proud of yourselves.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Succbot Circlejerk posted:

Thanks, irony poisoned sarcastic dryboys and your leader "wide dick will" for bending reality to your nefarious ends. Your dabbles in dark tabletop magick have felled an illuminary intellectual of our times, who currently lay debilitated in some back alley quacks office in Russia. I hope you're proud of yourselves.

syc

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Phone posted:

he just said that warren is going to drop out within a week

ehhhh, he got the order of the top five right but the margins and percentages completely wrong and Warren just gave a speech basically indicating she plans on staying in to siphon as many possible sanders votes as she can (because she’s a terrible human being)

with how low her money is, and will continue to drop, she could drop fairly soon but there’s no way she doesn’t at least stick it out through Nevada

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Succbot Circlejerk posted:

Can't believe the Chapo boys used the lathe of heaven to make Jorp eat an all-meat diet until his insides got so backed up the Russians had to cut him open and remove a perfect sculpture of his lower intestine made of rotting beef

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba

Crane Fist posted:

the lathe of heaven

is that where you spitroast a dude

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Crowsbeak posted:

She is right.

you suck poo poo

Succbot Circlejerk
Jan 8, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crane Fist posted:

Can't believe the Chapo boys used the lathe of heaven to make Jorp eat an all-meat diet until his insides got so backed up the Russians had to cut him open and remove a perfect sculpture of his lower intestine made of rotting beef

It was like someone poured molten aluminum into an African termite mound

Succbot Circlejerk has issued a correction as of 11:17 on Feb 12, 2020

Succbot Circlejerk
Jan 8, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm not going to tell you where you're going, because that's classified. I can't tell you what you're digging up, because I didn't need to know it. But what I can tell you is if you don't come and dig, then millions of people will die and the entire Prypat River and its ground water will be contaminated, they say forever. And if you say that isn't enough for you to help us dig out Jordan Peterson's lower intestines, then I won't believe you

Succbot Circlejerk
Jan 8, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Now you look like ministry of colon

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
the proles of the round table podcast imploded due to interpersonal psychodrama

https://www.prolespod.com

never listened to it but saw a PSL guy wearing that on a t-shirt at a demonstration once:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/VSBassoon/status/1227313654741291009

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

the proles of the round table podcast imploded due to interpersonal psychodrama

https://www.prolespod.com

never listened to it but saw a PSL guy wearing that on a t-shirt at a demonstration once:

lmao holy poo poo that Post

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
never even heard of them

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

the first few paragraphs make it sound l;ike someone was a sex pest but then you scroll down and it turns out that they split ebcause two of the hosts wanted to use podcast resources to start a brewery lmao

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Farm Frenzy posted:

the first few paragraphs make it sound l;ike someone was a sex pest but then you scroll down and it turns out that they split ebcause two of the hosts wanted to use podcast resources to start a brewery lmao

A lot of PSL members larp as proles

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
the first people to really strike it big other than chapos will write a satirical T.V. show about leftist podcasters called podcastia

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
they're young, edgy, and have witty catchphrases and live in the same house... and they try to come up with different schemes... and they're all having sex with each other

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

they're young, edgy, and have witty catchphrases and live in the same house... and they try to come up with different schemes... and they're all having sex with each other

Frasier

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

they're posters, posadists, and they have a polycule

watch out america!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

How could Ezra and Alekx do this to us?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

B B posted:

At the Chapo live show. Matt accidentally showed his rear end to the crowd as he was leaving the stage to get another drink lmao

lol