Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Sir Tonk posted:

ive got 99 problems but a buttegeig aint one

JFC is this an intentional callback to that '08 primary thread? God, I feel old now.

Anyway: Bernie down in the polls?! *punches wall, is 400 pounds*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Also I predict Bernie gets maybe half of the Super Tuesday states.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Harrow posted:

Those of you worried by how narrow a victory this was: remember that Pete has spent this entire campaign so far in Iowa and New Hampshire. He put everything there. He was counting on winning and then turning that momentum into support elsewhere. He didn't win. He'll pick up some steam in later states but not as much as he was counting on, and it's probably not going to substitute for having an actual campaign organization like it appears he was hoping it would.

And for the centrists to rally around a candidate who is so fatally flawed seems pretty good, for Bernie.

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
and every trumoe you make
Grimey Drawer

firewaterburn.mp3

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Brogeoisie posted:

He is a Republican who hired the grifter Obama people. He is peak manufactured candidate. That political analysts aren't calling the bullshit out is pissing me off

he’s the perfect candidate for msm analysts

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Tetracube posted:

lmao biden
Biden is doing some Great American Novel poo poo out there. This is some Ambrose Bierce poo poo. A guy who just wanted everyone on earth to like him, being laughed at and abandoned by his public as his mind unravels in front of him.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Bernie

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Water Resistant
Jul 10, 2003

Goast posted:

bernie didn't get beaten by anyone in the primary yet

what are you talking about

He's only winning because the moderate vote is split. If that split can continue for another couple of months then he'll probably be able to get the nomination wrapped up.

But I think the moderate wing, which so far appears to be quite a lot larger than Bernie's, will consolidate around either Pete or Amy. Then he'll be in real trouble. He's only barely winning pluralities and isn't close to majorities. So yeah, Bernie fans should be Arzying at this point. But in the other hand Trump made it to the nomination thanks to a split party, so recent history is on Bernie's side.

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

motherbox posted:

I wish I could walk into Predictit with an Uncut Gems style parlay bet on Obama endorsing Pete before South Carolina and specifically saying the sentence “When I ran for president, I didn’t have much more experience than a mayor from a small town in Indiana” in his endorsement speech.

Please dont speak this into existence

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

dads friend steve posted:

so what now, gonna get ratfucked in NV but take SC?

i doubt it, buttigieg is super underwater with minorities. and with biden dropping like a rock i feel pretty good about nevada. will feel better once we get polls.

keep donating, canvasing, phonebanking etc. either way.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Bernie has won.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Pollyanna posted:

Also I predict Bernie gets maybe all of the Super Tuesday states.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

The Muppets On PCP posted:

it's his most successful presidential campaign
Should have run in 2016 but his son cucked his dead brother or whatever and it was too much for him. Shame.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

punk rebel ecks posted:

Bernie has won.

also:

bernie will win

InflateableFerret
Dec 1, 2005

I pooped my pants

Water Resistant posted:

He's only winning because the moderate vote is split. If that split can continue for another couple of months then he'll probably be able to get the nomination wrapped up.

But I think the moderate wing, which so far appears to be quite a lot larger than Bernie's, will consolidate around either Pete or Amy. Then he'll be in real trouble. He's only barely winning pluralities and isn't close to majorities. So yeah, Bernie fans should be Arzying at this point. But in the other hand Trump made it to the nomination thanks to a split party, so recent history is on Bernie's side.

This is such a big brain garbage take I honestly barely know what to say. This is like political analysis for high school seniors.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
sanders going to get 69k votes in NH

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Some dude on Twitter posted a bunch of stuff about knowing Pete his whole life and how Pete is an insane sociopath obsessed with being the president since he was a kid and being groomed and focus group tested and poo poo.

I read somewhere that he decided to go by Pete instead of Peter because he thought it would make him more electable....when he was in grade school

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

So, he has done no campaigning whatsoever outside of Iowa and NH? I find that hard to believe.

I mean, he's started doing ad buys in Super Tuesday states as of a few days ago, but prior to that I don't think he has.

Divot
Dec 23, 2013

Water Resistant posted:

gently caress off

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Sir Tonk posted:

sanders going to get 69k votes in NH

nice

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
lmao at post-call needle

Eventual Winner?

WON
No.
No.
No.
No.
No.
No.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Water Resistant posted:

warren collapsed, biden collapsed, pete and amy front-loaded the poo poo out of their campaigns

go away lol

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

2020 edition.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Water Resistant posted:

Let's try heading to a state with an electorate even slightly darker skinned than "alabaster" before jumping on this. Remember that NH is a weirdo state full of incoherent independents who would vote for a Klobb.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

lol these people are insufferable

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Water Resistant posted:

I think a lot of Biden people would go to Bernie because they're dumb and voting based on name recognition.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

shirts and skins posted:

Bernie, and if I may elaborate, Sanders

go on

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
b man gonna wet his d 2nite

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

lying about what a poll is actually measuring?

shook

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Pollyanna posted:

Also I predict Bernie gets maybe half of the Super Tuesday states.

I think he's gonna be the clear winner of the most delegate-rich states like California and Texas, at least. As of now Warren is his closest competitor in California and Biden in Texas so lmao

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Water Resistant posted:

there have been two primarys, bernie has won both so far and you claimed it was some kind of loss

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.
isn't he winning NH despite being dead last among whites?

maybe we should see what happens in NV and SC before arzying over small pluralities or smth

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
this predictit fb ad is FREAKING ME OUT

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Neera and Soledad are twitter mad so it's a good night

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

get this guy talking about how only Bernie can win OFF MSNBC!!!!!

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

MockingQuantum posted:

I hope Chris Matthews chokes on some big hot turgid decorum and dies, he'd finally be contributing something useful to society

also agreeing that I personally think klobmentum will dry up before long, as a minnesotan I can confirm you've alrady seen the depth and breadth of her political savvy, there's going to be nothing new and vulcanizing from her unless she's got some prodigy of a speechwriter or strategist on her team or something (or gets one due to surprise success)

All we gotta do is put together the supercut of how many times she said "I" in her third place podium speech in a split screen with bernie saying "we" and get it on TV

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Pollyanna posted:

So, he has done no campaigning whatsoever outside of Iowa and NH? I find that hard to believe.

his operations in other states is fairly minimal compared to sanders and biden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Most Dems aren't as divided as you all think and mostly don't care or pay attention.