Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Turdfuzz posted:

Wow we've already reached the point where we have to explain what this means. Time cums at you fast.

we need a pillowpants poll analyst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
i wonder if they're considering a long term warren-klobuchar or perhaps klobuchar-warren combo

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Lord Bernoe please let me see the vision of Nina going scorched earth in SC against Bloomberg

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

Schnorkles, it seems obvious to me that Klobuchar sucked up the Lady Vote from Warren tonight. Why am I right, and should this be allowed?

gotta admit the plot twist i didn't see coming was klobb roaring up out of nowhere

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Water Resistant posted:

He's only winning because the moderate vote is split. If that split can continue for another couple of months then he'll probably be able to get the nomination wrapped up.

But I think the moderate wing, which so far appears to be quite a lot larger than Bernie's, will consolidate around either Pete or Amy. Then he'll be in real trouble. He's only barely winning pluralities and isn't close to majorities. So yeah, Bernie fans should be Arzying at this point. But in the other hand Trump made it to the nomination thanks to a split party, so recent history is on Bernie's side.

I think the other thing is that most voters aren't that ideological and support for the "moderate" candidates is generally pretty soft. I'm sure there are plenty of voters who are specifically looking for a moderate and would not vote for a progressive in a primary, but there are a ton of other reasons people pick candidates, and it's not at all clear that moderate support would consolidate under a single moderate even if all but one of them dropped out. In fact, what little second choice polling there's been--mostly by Morning Consult--shows Bernie as a popular second choice for Biden and Warren supporters, and even some Buttigieg and Bloomberg supporters. It's not really all that clear-cut, is what I'm saying.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/jonfavs/status/1227447876411887618

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I'd like to announce that I am dropping out of the presidential race and endorsing Bernie Sanders

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

it will easily beat 2008

it will probably beat 2008 adjusted for population growth as well

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

https://twitter.com/jamiedupree/status/1227453287395397633

phrasing?

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

shirts and skins posted:

It's been twelve loving years :psyduck: :corsair:

I mean the time in a presidential election year. I figured we'd at least make it to the general.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Echo Chamber posted:

Elizabeth: The Last Kneebender

Comedy option: Warren is so thoroughly unwilling to endorse Bernie that she switches back to being a Republican when he wins the nomination

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Water Resistant posted:

He's only winning because the moderate vote is split. If that split can continue for another couple of months then he'll probably be able to get the nomination wrapped up.

But I think the moderate wing, which so far appears to be quite a lot larger than Bernie's, will consolidate around either Pete or Amy. Then he'll be in real trouble. He's only barely winning pluralities and isn't close to majorities. So yeah, Bernie fans should be Arzying at this point. But in the other hand Trump made it to the nomination thanks to a split party, so recent history is on Bernie's side.

bernie would likely do better with fewer candidates. its easier for him to draw policy distinctions and his are more popular.

buttigieg doing so well is, i think, more benefitting from the phenomenon of projecting onto a candidate with no discernible record. he's a non-threatening vessel carefully designed to mimic obama. if it were just him and bernie then lord berno would be able to more easily draw distinctions between them and why his are better

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

Turn the map red, bernie

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Der Meister posted:

i'm good at polls but not a complete moron like pillowpants i will try my best

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Der Meister posted:

https://youtu.be/Whx-0sBRks8

:obama:

God, we were so young

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

Does Maddow like Bernie? Or tolerate him?

lmao nah she’s the succ dem queen

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
wait did i just hear that the Nevada Culinary Union owns their health insurance company or something

no that doesn't make sense nevermind

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Harrow posted:

I think the other thing is that most voters aren't that ideological and support for the "moderate" candidates is generally pretty soft. I'm sure there are plenty of voters who are specifically looking for a moderate and would not vote for a progressive in a primary, but there are a ton of other reasons people pick candidates, and it's not at all clear that moderate support would consolidate under a single moderate even if all but one of them dropped out. In fact, what little second choice polling there's been--mostly by Morning Consult--shows Bernie as a popular second choice for Biden and Warren supporters, and even some Buttigieg and Bloomberg supporters. It's not really all that clear-cut, is what I'm saying.

People like winners. That's why the ratfucking in Iowa was such a big deal. Neither of these states means jack poo poo in terms of the nomination except as a way to get attention.

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
and every trumoe you make
Grimey Drawer

Yudo
May 15, 2003

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

i wonder if they're considering a long term warren-klobuchar or perhaps klobuchar-warren combo

i doubt their egos could fit in the same room.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

nsw that poo poo

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
oh god oh jesus

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

wait did i just hear that the Nevada Culinary Union owns their health insurance company or something

no that doesn't make sense nevermind

they apparently have their own clinics but I don’t know what that means

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

BioThermo posted:

Lord Bernoe please let me see the vision of Nina going scorched earth in SC against Bloomberg

vice president nina turner

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008

Burn Zone posted:

lmao nah she’s the succ dem queen

That’s what I figured, I just haven’t heard her blatantly trash him like Chris Matthews, Joy Reid, Morning Murder etc.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://twitter.com/PeteButtigieg/status/1227441327551500290

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

89%

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

gotta admit the plot twist i didn't see coming was klobb roaring up out of nowhere

my interpretation of the results thus far is that anything resembling regional advantages is pretty much a non-factor. Klobb ate poo poo in Iowa, Warren and Biden in NH, and Bernie underperformed there as well though did well considering the state is almost entirely demon crackers making 100k+ and college educated. What's your take?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1227454357932838912

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
hi res images of pete should be illegal

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

eugh

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

https://twitter.com/burgotastic/status/1227444914079830017?s=19

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Straight White Shark posted:

People like winners. That's why the ratfucking in Iowa was such a big deal. Neither of these states means jack poo poo in terms of the nomination except as a way to get attention.

This is also correct and it's why Pete put so much effort into winning both of these states. He didn't. Well, he gets to pretend he won Iowa and the IDP is happy to play along, but he didn't win New Hampshire. Who knows what several media cycles focusing on his "strong second" will do but I doubt they'll magically earn him any non-white support at all.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
wow i can't believe bernie LOST by 74%

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Iowa?

Count