Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Aha, so Deku was Dabi all along!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
All For One is Deku's dad, but the twist is that he's been alive for hundreds of years and has kids all over the country, so Deku being one of them isn't actually all that special or unique. In fact, Deku isn't even the only one of his kids who goes to UA.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Maybe AFO pulled a Batman Beyond using his brother's DNA to try and bring him back in some manner.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

Maybe AFO pulled a Batman Beyond using his brother's DNA to try and bring him back in some manner.

Well there was that one scene during the 1-A vs 1-B arc where we see All For One say that he can hear his brother's voice, but that's probably due to some connection he has to One For All.

Anyways, a new chapter of the Team Up Mission spin-off came out today: Melissa Shield(from the first movie) visits UA and gets into a contest with Hatsume to see who can make the best support gear and use Deku as their test subject

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1227270683383623681

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
That sounds amazing.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Deku's hero name is All Right!!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

SKULL.GIF posted:

Deku's hero name is All Right!!

It'll be All Right because I am here!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Rhonne posted:

All For One is Deku's dad, but the twist is that he's been alive for hundreds of years and has kids all over the country, so Deku being one of them isn't actually all that special or unique. In fact, Deku isn't even the only one of his kids who goes to UA.

poo poo, not only is he the father/grandfather to 3/4 of the student body, he's also the father to most of the faculty as well.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

At one point All for One gained the world's most powerful quirk, which allows him to spawn Protagonists.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Deku's original quirk was having flexible indestructible bones.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Still waiting for Bakugo to unveil the official future as “Dyna-Might”. Then he starts his hero agency with Kirishima and Mina as his team.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Libra posted:

At one point All for One gained the world's most powerful quirk, which allows him to spawn Protagonists.

Unfortunately, as he is distinctly an Antagonist, he very swiftly began to regret this acquisition.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

oh jay posted:

Here's one angle they could do to give that twist material value. What if EVERYBODY born quirkless in the latest generation was born with powers and had them stolen? It shows how much power AfO and the Doctor has over the world, and means that we could be closer to Singularity than we thought.

That would explain what all those jars in his lab are full of.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

poo poo, not only is he the father/grandfather to 3/4 of the student body, he's also the father to most of the faculty as well.

The family reunion arc is going to be crazy.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Disneyland will never be the same

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

What if AFO is the quirk singularity

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Carlosologist posted:

What if AFO is the quirk singularity

That wouldn't make any sense. AFO has had a Quirk since Quirks exist, the Quirk Singularity is a predicted event in the future.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I've finally caught back up after nearly a year and my big takeaway is: Burnin' Cute.

https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/1227615875068502017

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Feb 12, 2020

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I've finally caught back up after nearly a year and my big takeaway is: Burnin' Cute.

https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/1227615875068502017

Hot take, but we'll accept it.

You think the doctor was smart enough to have Twice clone Johnny?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Rhonne posted:

Hot take, but we'll accept it.

You think the doctor was smart enough to have Twice clone Johnny?

he was capable of duplicating quirks on his own so he probably wouldn't think it was necessary

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
The every-bad-guy-who-gets-violenced is a twice clone bait and switch is getting pretty stale imo

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Rhonne posted:

Fire Breath+telekinetic pull/gravitational pull=Fire "Breathing", the ability to breath in fire as if it were air.

SKULL.GIF posted:

I was under the impression that most Quirks were capable of being powerful, it's that just most people didn't really train them.

Mirio's quirk was unremarkable at first and he turned it into Phantom Menace. Same for Suneater, at first he could only make tiny body parts sprout.

[DEEP INHALE, swallows an entire raging forest fire]

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Nonexistence posted:

The every-bad-guy-who-gets-violenced is a twice clone bait and switch is getting pretty stale imo

In this case though, murked himself to prevent capture, so that's something fresh and new.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Nonexistence posted:

What if everyone in this thread is a Twice clone? :tinfoil:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Nerf Twice, Horikoshi.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

What if everyone in this thread is a Twice clone? :tinfoil:

I am so useless there is no way I am anyone's clone

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

dazoner posted:

I am so useless there is no way I am anyone's clone

This is Twice we're talking about.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Is there anything at this point stopping Twice from creating infinite armies of not just himself but literally everyone he can get the information for?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

TheKingofSprings posted:

Is there anything at this point stopping Twice from creating infinite armies of not just himself but literally everyone he can get the information for?

Twice's power is the most broken poo poo in the setting after AfO but there are definitely some potential limitations that prevent him from just flooding the entirety of Japan with Shigaraki clones.

The clones have their own free will and aren't under Twice's control. They retain the memories and motivations of the person Twice made them out of, but that's not necessarily reliable. The more you create, the more likely you're going to have some that don't agree with what you want them to do, or some that reject the existential horror of their own being(oh cool I'm a disposable sapient being created to ape a real person!) and go Blade Runner rogue synth, so on and so forth.

His own backstory is an example of this; he made an army of himself and lived the high life for a while until what he wanted and what the clones wanted diverged and he effectively had a civil war with himself.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Feb 13, 2020

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Twice's clones not being durable at all is why he isn't impossibly broken. Past a point there are pros who can basically instantly waste as many as they can conceivably touch with their quirks at any given moment.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Kanos posted:

Twice's power is the most broken poo poo in the setting after AfO but there are definitely some potential limitations that prevent him from just flooding the entirety of Japan with Shigaraki clones.

The clones have their own free will and aren't under Twice's control. They retain the memories and motivations of the person Twice made them out of, but that's not necessarily reliable. The more you create, the more likely you're going to have some that don't agree with what you want them to do, or some that reject the existential horror of their own being(oh cool I'm a disposable sapient being created to ape a real person!) and go Blade Runner rogue synth, so on and so forth.

His own backstory is an example of this; he made an army of himself and lived the high life for a while until what he wanted and what the clones wanted diverged and he effectively had a civil war with himself.

calvin and hobbes did probably as good a take on this subject as anything

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ultimately, Twice's role in the grand scheme of things is to make a huge, million-strong army of clones in the final battle that Izuku will dramatically plow through.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Twice's clones not being durable at all is why he isn't impossibly broken. Past a point there are pros who can basically instantly waste as many as they can conceivably touch with their quirks at any given moment.

I wonder if clones with regenerative quirks like the nomu would still fall apart after a few hard blows?

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

Ultimately, Twice's role in the grand scheme of things is to make a huge, million-strong army of clones in the final battle that Izuku will dramatically plow through.

And also the set up for Muso Hero Academia

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Rhonne posted:

I wonder if clones with regenerative quirks like the nomu would still fall apart after a few hard blows?

I don't think the regeneration would come into play since it just takes one hard, bone-breaking hit.

Also, how terrifying does that make Aizawa, that he pulled his bandages hard enough to break bones here.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

oh jay posted:

Also, how terrifying does that make Aizawa, that he pulled his bandages hard enough to break bones here.

Or it could just be Dabi himself being that much of a wet fart that made the clone's durability weaker. :v:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Nonexistence posted:

I'm wholly expecting the payoff to be someone getting straight up killed because everyone, characters and readers alike, expects them to be a twice clone.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

amigolupus posted:

Or it could just be Dabi himself being that much of a wet fart that made the clone's durability weaker. :v:

If Twice did All Might's American Dream training plan, we would all be hosed.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I do think that if Twice cloned someone with a Quirk that acted as a shield, either intentionally (the guy who helped Rappa in his fight with Fat Gum and Kirishima) or indirectly (Geten throwing up a wall of ice to shield himself) their durability would probably be less in jeopardy than a non-defensive Quirk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

If Twice makes a clone of someone does their blood work w. Toga's quirk? If Toga morphs into someone can Twice measure that to clone them?