Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

Mayor Dave posted:

oh lmao the new probe gif

title-lockherup.gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

LOCK HER UP

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

Hey. Is it just me, or do my balls itch?
Whoever changed the probation av is doing the lords work

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

GrimGypsy posted:

omg the new probate thing is the hillary jail gif omg hahahahahah

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
im so happy

we finally get to own the libs

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

En Garde Motherfuckers posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with his teeth?

he needs a chewing block

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

hide the pain biden

hide it good

come with me, and you'll be, in a world of puuuuuuuuure imagination~

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
The Klob has raised $2.5 million tonight so I just gave Bernie another :10bux:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

En Garde Motherfuckers posted:

Whoever changed the probation av is doing the lords work

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

BioThermo posted:

Lord Bernoe please let me see the vision of Nina going scorched earth in SC against Bloomberg

yeah, good, ok

quote:

The State in Columbia SC

OPINION
While Bernie Sanders has always stood up for African Americans, Joe Biden has repeatedly let us down

BY NINA TURNER FOR THE STATE
JANUARY 12, 2020 05:30 AM

In choosing between the two Democratic Party candidates atop the polls, African American voters have a consequential decision to make:

Will our community side with former Vice President Joe Biden, who has repeatedly betrayed black voters to side with Republican lawmakers and undermine our progress? Or will we stand with Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders and a movement that has been fighting for racial and economic justice since the civil rights era?

This critical choice is illustrated by the key differences between Biden and Sanders – which began at the beginning of their respective careers.

As a recent NBC News headline said of Biden’s time in the Senate: “Biden didn’t just compromise with segregationists. He fought for their cause.” The NBC report quoted the NAACP’s legal director saying that one Biden-backed measure “heaves a brick through the window of school integration.”

And Biden didn’t just vote for bills designed to prevent black students from accessing white schools: in a series of personal letters he actively courted pro-segregation senators to support the legislation

Sanders, by contrast, began his work in politics by organizing civil rights protests. As a college student, he helped lead a local chapter of the Congress of Racial Equality in its push to desegregate housing. Sanders participated in the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.’s March on Washington and was arrested for protesting rampant school segregation in Chicago. In addition, Sanders has been pushing an education plan that supports local efforts to combat racial segregation.

As a local elected official, Sanders also defied the political establishment by proudly endorsing Jesse Jackson’s 1988 presidential campaign; Sanders said that Jackson was a candidate “who has done more than any other candidate in living memory to bring together the disenfranchised.”

And the contrast between Biden and Sanders continued during the early 1990s.

Biden facilitated the public degradation of Anita Hill, an esteemed professor already victimized by a powerful man.

Biden also fought alongside right-wing Republicans to pass so-called “welfare reform” that reduced financial support for low-income families. Biden echoed former President Ronald Reagan’s dishonest “welfare queen” language and wrote a column conjuring an ugly stereotype of “welfare mothers driving luxury cars and leading lifestyles that mirror the rich and famous.”

In contrast, Sanders vigorously opposed these punitive cuts. “What welfare reform did, in my view,” Sanders said, “was to go after some of the weakest and most vulnerable people in this country.”

Similarly Biden worked with segregationist Republican Sen. Strom Thurmond to pass “tough on crime” legislation that targeted black communities with punitive criminal justice policies while promoting mass incarceration and harsh punishment for nonviolent crimes. At one point Biden declared that every “major crime bill since 1976 that’s come out of this Congress, every minor crime bill, has had the name of the Democratic senator from the state of Delaware — Joe Biden.”

One of the leading dissenters to Biden’s “tough on crime” agenda was Sanders, who Vox noted was “an early critic of mass incarceration and punitive criminal justice policies.”

The contrast between Biden and Sanders also extends to economic policies.

Biden has repeatedly worked with Republicans to try to slash Social Security even though “almost three-fourths of African American beneficiaries rely on Social Security for at least half their income,” according to the National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare. Sanders, on the other hand, has fought to block those cuts and has proposed expanding Social Security.

Biden did the bidding of his credit card industry donors by helping Republican lawmakers make it more difficult for Americans to reduce their debts in bankruptcy court. At one point, Biden split with then-Sen. Barack Obama and almost every other Senate Democrat to help Republicans kill an amendment to protect medical debtors from predatory lenders.

Biden’s bankruptcy legislation passed in 2005 over the objection of Sanders; 12 years later ProPublica reported that “black people struggling with debts are far less likely than their white peers to gain lasting relief from bankruptcy.”

And today the differences between Biden and Sanders remain stark.

Biden opposes Democratic efforts to legalize marijuana. Sanders, on the other hand, is campaigning not only to legalize marijuana but also to root out institutional racism in our criminal justice system, outlaw private prisons, slash the prison population in half, end cash bail and hold police departments accountable.

Biden is opposing the Democrats’ push for Medicare for All, which would guarantee health care to all Americans and help address the disproportionately high maternal, infant and cancer mortality rates among African Americans. Sanders, on the other hand, is the longtime champion and author of that Medicare for All legislation.

Biden has refused to support Sanders’ bill to make public colleges and universities tuition free and cancel all student debt; this act alone would shrink the racial wealth gap between blacks and whites from 12-to-1 to 5-to-1. Sanders, meanwhile, is committed to closing that gap — and he believes as I do that this is one of the most pressing moral issues of our time.

All of these contrasts underscore the high stakes in this primary election.

By supporting a racial justice champion like Sanders — and his popular progressive agenda — black Americans will forge a multiracial, multigenerational working-class alliance that will generate the high turnout necessary to beat President Donald Trump.

In standing with Sanders over Biden, we will declare that we are not going backward — we are going forward into a future of empowerment and equality for all.

Nina Turner is a former Ohio state senator and the national co-chair of Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders’ presidential campaign. Turner wrote this piece exclusively for The State newspaper.

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Epic High Five posted:

Bernie's campaign is aware of this leadership and rank-and-file division and is employing professional organizers as a result, they know they can't win by going to the brass like Biden or Warren so they go to the workers instead

unions are literally going to be made illegal in a 2nd term Trump and a Warren or Pete or Amy administration will just kind of let the chudges do it while saying they're very sad

That's why I'm campaigning...from inside the union!

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

The Muppets On PCP posted:

even as far back as 1986 bernie warned of the dangers of van hagar

"it's not just that samuel's comparatively a disappointing frontman," sanders noted in a july 10, 1986 interview with the barre montpelier times-argus. "eddie had abandoned everything that gave the original band their vigor in favor of too radio-friendly a sound, and quite frankly, it sucks."

:hai:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Injuryprone posted:

:hai: :haibrow:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Injuryprone posted:

the culinary union?

Mr_Moose
May 4, 2004

Weedle posted:

i know i literally described her as “the only other remotely acceptable candidate” like two hours before she reinvented herself as sensible centrist liz. im so stupid!!!

Nah, I think since Liz was seemingly held in high regards by Bernie it made it really easy to assume that he also felt that she was a good (2nd) choice, but the truth is Bernie isn't perfect either so you can't be too mad about being wrong in this specific case. Even if she doesn't endorse him my broken decorum brain can see him offering her a position in his administration.

(not perfect meaning he trusted Warren and she tried to knife him)

Mr_Moose has issued a correction as of 06:43 on Feb 12, 2020

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Mayor Dave posted:

oh lmao the new probe gif

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

the union of MARRIAGE

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

T-man posted:

the union of MARRIAGE

union of marriage....TO BERNIE SANDERS

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:perfect:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

lmfao

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lma0o

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

oh my loving god

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Bernie just got another $27 to celebrate the win

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

chris matthews status: mumbling about how only the old can be trusted

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

change the stupid newbie to hillllary clinnton smiling

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

The Muppets On PCP posted:

even as far back as 1986 bernie warned of the dangers of van hagar

"it's not just that samuel's comparatively a disappointing frontman," sanders noted in a july 10, 1986 interview with the barre montpelier times-argus. "eddie had abandoned everything that gave the original band their vigor in favor of too radio-friendly a sound, and quite frankly, it sucks."

everyone knows gary cherone was the superior van halen frontman

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yinlock posted:

Will there be good clips of him tomorrow for be to lmao at

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

i'm glad sanders won, wish the margin had been a bit more. i liked the demographics and that he got a bunch of more rural areas as well. overall a good result.

buttigieg's speech where he was all, oh sanders had a good showing in nh, like he won or whatever, dude sucks, that's the second time he's done that. really don't want to see another smarmy gladhands guy as president, telling us all how sad he is but tough choices have to be made, and that's why (awful decision here) with a grin on his face

now, i'm curious to see how nevada and south carolina will turn out; at least the wait isn't too long between contests now

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
let's go

https://twitter.com/ryanstruyk/status/1227440624586149892

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Yinlock posted:

...Does he know who the oldest candidate in the race is?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

lol

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

Hey. Is it just me, or do my balls itch?

This is extremely good. We're gonna do it

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

MeatwadIsGod posted:

...Does he know who the oldest candidate in the race is?

https://twitter.com/kath_krueger/status/1227452776915120129?s=20

amaru_chulla
Sep 3, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

Buh?!

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Designated driver more like Daddy dom

amaru_chulla
Sep 3, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

There’s no way this is real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

CharlestheHammer posted:

the culinary union?

Nah, IBEW in CA. Our Internal Office endorsed Biden.